Alien: Survivors' Dogma

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MysteriousEsoterica

Original poster
Weylan-Yutani%20Logo_zps9hcvvlmj.jpg

.....2187, a signal resonates through the bleakness of space....
.....2191, Wey-Yu Intelligence Services locate signal origin.....
.....2197, the Company designates planet of signal origin LV-626.....
.....2203, under direct orders from Wey-Yu a colony is formed on planet.....
.....2204, LV-626 goes dark.....

The Weyland-Yutani Corporation cares about it's colonies. A single line of reassurance and justification given for the mobilization of Company assets. The Asteria began the six month journey through the inky void, complete with full crew and contingent of Wey-Yu PMC's. It's orders: Secure Company property, contain all viable threats, and protect the colonists.

As the Asteria hovers above LV-626 you awaken from cryosleep. The past months lost to you as if never happened. You are a member of the team sent by Weylan-Yutani to investigate the situation on LV-626. Bit by bit the ship hums back to life and you are briefed on what it is believed you need to know. Steeling yourself, you prepare for the drop planetside.

Unbeknownst to you though, a select few crewmen aboard the Asteria receive another set of orders. The true objectives of Weyland-Yutani.
Mother%20Directive_zps9gxlmfmt.gif

General Information
So, as I'm sure everyone can tell, this is a Role-Play set in the ever expansive ALIEN universe. I've been a fan of the movies and comics for as long as I can remember and with the new movie coming soon I figured now was as good a time as any to try my hand at weaving a story of my own. I want to do a serious Survival-Horror type thing more akin to the first movie with this Role-Play, rather than the gunfest the second one becomes.

All the writers that join will assume the role of one of the people heading down to the colony. I thought about starting things coming out of cryo, but I felt doing so would slow things down considerably. So instead I'm opting to start the Role-Play literally as the doors to the drop shuttle open.

That aside, I'm still quite open to everything at the moment. I'd like to hear as much as I can from everyone before making anything permanent. A Role-Play is only as fun as a GM makes it so I strive to please my fellow writers as much as possible.

Character Creation
I'm going to post a character-skelly to go off of at a later date, but for now I figured I'd outline what is and is not acceptable.

The main thing I want to emphasize is that WE ARE NOT USCM FORCES. We aren't marines. The majority of the Asteria's personnel are PMC's, which are private military contractors, in service to Wey-Yu.

There are Non-Coms on the ship as well of course, such as the actual crew and science officers and the like. It is perfectly acceptable to create a character as one of them if you prefer. Just note that all starting characters will be with the ground team on the Role-Play's outset.

The majority of us though will be PMC's.

Xenomorphs
Eventually we will encounter the Xenos. The whole point of the Role-Play will be the discovering and combating of them, as well as trying to survive. I've been thinking for a long time, and though some might disagree with me, I've decided to go with a more movie-verse centric xenomorph enemy. What that means is this: We will only encounter Drones, Warriors, and maybe the Queen. The rest of the many different Xeno types that appear in the expanded universe will be left out.

I want to also allow Xeno activity to be controlled by everyone at certain points of the story. If you are writing and feel that one would do something, then please go ahead and include it in your Role-Play. I've include as much as I can, but allowing everyone a bit of freedom in that regard will make things more organic.

The Traitor(s)
The last part of the opening reveals that someone, or someones, have been given secret orders by Weyland-Yutani. After I look over the character sheets that have been submitted, or if you have a good idea for a character that fits the role and message me, I'll decided who these people are. There are though certain rules that come with the role.

First, you would have foreknowledge of the xenomorphs. Therefore you'd have a slight edge in terms of avoiding their traps and the like.

Second, no matter what happens in the Role-Play your objective of acquiring a living specimen will not change.

Third, you will have a secret up-link to co-conspirators on the ship that you can use for advise and to call for evac once you have a specimen.

Lastly, DO NOT REVEAL YOUR OBJECTIVE. This is a given. Do not tell the others about the Xenos, not even after they discover them. Nothing matters to you except completely your goal, even if everyone dies.

It's not an easy role to take on, and truth be told it is sort of restrictive. The only reason for that though is so whoever is chosen to be such doesn't pop off with "Hey guys there are Aliens down here." During the first round of RP.

That all said and done, tell me what you think! This is still a rough idea and has a lot of polishing left to be done. I'm open to any and all suggestions.

I am interested in the idea. [Been getting back into Alien lore and the like.]

ooh aliens me likey

im very interested and can't wait to see the cs so i can sign up ^^

I like the sound of this.

I am extremely interested in this. I've been an Alien fan for the majority of my life. I absolutely adore it, and have been looking for a means of rping it for a long time. I am so in.

I'd be interested in this!

Oh yes. Very much yes. Really love the Alien universe. Count me interested :)

Favorite movie universe ever, count me in.

Status
Not open for further replies.