After the Last Age OOC

I'll edit that in about the lockers, I had ment to type more and color but sudden sleeping pills. Ah well, I can't bring it up as I don't know it, but yeah, welp finished that post.

Last edited:
Thing on the planets? I think you still need to wake up. ;)

Thing on the planets? I think you still need to wake up. ;)
Yes, yes I did, I realized later. I was like, planets, they didn't even see outside, the hell am I on about?

Feel bad about it, but wanting to wait for @QuiteContrary to respond to Cardinal

I plan on working on a reply today! Sorry for the wait

I suck at posting, I know

Stop putting yourself down, @Mythy the Dragon-Wolf. You did fine.

Well, that's five. It sounds like the majority want to stay in a single group, but to be sure I'm not misreading things, let's have a vote here.

I vote single group

Yeah single group seems to be the decision, I planned to type a response, either right now or later today, time dependent.

Hm...trying to think what could have survived in the lockers. If they were normal lockers, nothing; even after 25 years most of what your characters put away would likely be severely degraded. If everything is vacuum-sealed, some personal effects might last longer...there's probably still money in your wallets. Shame it's useless now.

Hm. What all do you guys want to find?

Jewelry might be fine? A signet ring, or wedding bands. I think the stones would be fine, the metals may have rusted. That's assuming they weren't stolen, however.

Pocket watches, or the just watches in general. The leather would have disintegrated, I think, but the watches themselves would at least be recognizable.

Maybe the steel toes from a pair of work boots? I mean, all that would be left would be a pair of rusted hunks of metal.

Phones? Or enough of them to be recognized as such? Maybe some plastics?

This could all be unsealed things.

Reactions: Quiet One
Hmm there are plenty of materials that could last, oddly enough when mankind is long dead and gone a million years from now, our Toilets and glass would still be around and some metal depending on how it was stored, we find lots of artifacts from the bronze age. What matters the most though is how air tight the building, containers or lockers were. Like while I would be extremely hesitate, dehydrated food or vacuumed backed food should be edible, well forever as long as it's some place cold and never punctured or gotten moisture in it. So if we have a freezer that kept it's seal and temp, all of the seeds and the like should be fine, 5k years however is a bit of a stretch. Though all of this happen in our near future...

What's funny is paper items if not unsealed properly with good care will likely turn to dust as soon as we open them.

So depending on factors I have these answers.

Is it a normal locker? Likely not a damn thing minus a few items.

Those items being anything sealed well in a bag or the like, maybe plastics, ceramics, maybe any self repairing tech or items. Jewelry If not stolen should be 100% fine so long as it was from a pure material or a gemstone. Plastic keycards or id's should be fine if they didn't dry rot.

Is moisture in lockers? Likely the same but even worse conditions. I would wager next to nothing would survive this.

Sealed Lockers? Interesting possibilities. The problem is as noted, when you open them any paper items will likely turn to dust, I wouldn't eat a single open food item out of it.

Sealed items in lockers? Well clothing mostly synthetics figuratively should hold up, and ironically if the lockers were full of cold mud or the equivalent they would have remarkably well preserved contents, like the so called bog mag. Who was a hunter gatherer that fell into a bog some 8k years ago with all his tools and clothing.

Honestly I'm not expecting much out of the lockers minus some simple keepsakes or maybe writing inside of them, maybe power cells or other oddities. Clothing a possibility. The storerooms and the like is where we will likely find the most useful stuff. I suspect any sort of supply rooms or armories would have been sealed and hardened if the other humans didn't just take everything when and if they left, minus like Emergency cache's that they wouldn't need.

As to what Naomi would find, hmm.. I'm not sure, medals, a keycard? Maybe she would have some sort of computer drives that held up this long or some tools for her craft. Anything important for or to her would be in the armory or a barracks I guess. Given she's not or at least has very little augmentation, I would wager most of her personal effects would have been as old fashioned as she. Opens it, sees some photos, they all fall apart soon after.. I'll take suggestions though. Otherwise I'll wait till we hit the bigger rooms or head back to mechanics.

Last edited:
Reactions: Quiet One
Love all the suggestions. I guess my biggest quandary is what to have survive while still keeping your identities mysterious. For example, those of you who can't remember your full names wouldn't be able to go by your partial names or aliases if you find your driver's license still intact. I hesitate with photographs for the same reason, though the idea of them turning to dust as soon as you touch them is beautifully tragic. Definitely wanting to squeeze that in somewhere now. Jewelry absolutely would survive, so can work that in. Tech could survive, but batteries would have corroded beyond use long ago. So phones with rotten batteries (literally).

Hm...maybe there's two types of lockers. Patient lockers that are normal lockers with some vacuum-sealed bags, and personnel lockers with pressure seals with official equipment. Olivia can get her change of clothes from that.

More or less, though in the case of batteries I more of meant like, nuclear or hydrogen fuel cells, those should "theoretically" be stable. But I picture those more of being in machines or for industrial purposes than in a Walkman.

I think we're in slight contrast on the available technology. Nuclear/fusion power will probably never be portable simply because of its potential danger. Also, it's 5200 years from when you all were put in stasis, not 5200 years from NOW. You guys are probably from a time roughly 200 years in our future. I probably should have mentioned the growth rate of our technology at some point, but I only had vague ideas myself. As I think about it, I finalize the details a little more.

Yeah, that's why I'm saying "theoretically". Supposedly a Hydrogen fuel cell or a uranium battery should be good that far ahead, stable is another question. I just don't see it being in some small personal item. Bare in mind everything we have now has only been around roughly 30 years of around 6000 recorded so we have 0 ideas on what might last. But I would say those two batteries would be around in say, trucks or computers even, I mean we are already building both with mixed success cause "muh fossil fuels." I'm mostly bringing them up as idk if a resource scarce gone crazy earth would still be using acid based batteries from 100 years ago. As to what's found, I would say that depends on the story you want to build. And the fate of humanity in this time, or what's left of it at least. Either way I'm sure that technology would be lost.

I'm just playing devils advocate in what sort of items might still be around or useable in an unsealed state. Like for instance it's exceptionally unlikely we'll find a jug of gasoline and a working hummer, maybe a rusted shell with it's wheels long gone. Could even got a bit RAGE with it. On that note, what's powering the base, or is Solar a thing? I mean, the panels at least should be usable, but the electronics would be one hell of a dice toss I think.

Well, the really advanced tech is quantum-powered, meaning that it takes advantage of spontaneous particle creation and entanglement principles to basically have infinite energy. But that tech is way ahead of what your characters would have been familiar with. You guys probably have power cells in your phones designed to draw energy from multiple different sources - sunlight, body heat even wind power. Basically every alternative energy source is trying to be used at once during resource wars. Power cells would be some kind of new age battery that doesn't use acid, but instead keeps the energy in...I don't know, some kind of magnetic field maybe.

Anyway, I'm home now, so I'll try to come up with a GM post in a bit.

Posted. Took some liberties on what you'll find in your lockers based on your character sheets, but there's still a lot open to you guys to add. I just said what's definitely in there. Anything you want to throw in in addition I leave up to your imaginations. @RedArmyShogun, since your clothes are fine maybe you can give your found attire to @QuiteContrary, as she's still walking around covered in bug-slime.

Yeah I was considering that, might as well, I'll try getting a post out SOONtm.

I can decide on the weapons or w/e else if you didn't want to, but eh.

Last edited: