After the Last Age OOC

Well I could make another unless you want to decide what I find.

In the sealed lockers? I kind of described what's inside already in my last GM post, didn't I? Should be able to post if you want.

Sorry, yeah I don't mind another joining.

Well yes, but more of wondered what still worked, I'll be reasonable with it.. Well try to be at least. Maybe at least one weapon for everyone :/

Being in a vacuum seal, most of it should work, especially since it seems no one's found it before now to loot the place (otherwise your neat stuff would be gone too). Believe we can say there's...three or four sealed lockers, so four hazard suits, four med kits, four multitools, and at least four weapons. Not like you'll be keeping it all for good anyway. The good stuff is outside ;).

Alright that works for me will try and make a post tonight or tomorrow morning.

@RedArmyShogun confused by part of your post. If you can find the main computer not eaten by plants? You already found the main computer, and it WAS eaten by plants. I guess I'm a little confused what you're referring to.

Also, assuming most of that came from raiding the sealed lockers, but wasn't said, so want to be sure.

Hm...I'm inviting @Quakernuts here now so we can discuss how we're going to get him involved next.

@RedArmyShogun confused by part of your post. If you can find the main computer not eaten by plants? You already found the main computer, and it WAS eaten by plants. I guess I'm a little confused what you're referring to.

Also, assuming most of that came from raiding the sealed lockers, but wasn't said, so want to be sure.

Hm...I'm inviting @Quakernuts here now so we can discuss how we're going to get him involved next.
She was hoping to find a backup that wasn't, but as I said, hopes. Doesn't mean it will be so.

Bare in mind I typed that really late with ear pain, so you can disregard it, no need to reply to everything, move em outside if you want or whatever is planned.

Last edited:
Aloha everyone. How's it hanging!

I know a few of you already, but Q here dropping in.

So Quiet has already listed the two options we're currently looking for my character, and was wondering what resonated with you guys most.

A) A facility AI (The facility you are currently in) who partitioned itself into a robot in order to survive that the team can later find

or

B) A military/security bot, which started off as a VI (Virtual Intelligence) and evolved into a full blown AI.

I'm good with either and got ideas for both, so I'm basically just looking for whatever you guys would like to interact with more.

Thanks for having me!

Aloha everyone. How's it hanging!

I know a few of you already, but Q here dropping in.

So Quiet has already listed the two options we're currently looking for my character, and was wondering what resonated with you guys most.

A) A facility AI (The facility you are currently in) who partitioned itself into a robot in order to survive that the team can later find

or

B) A military/security bot, which started off as a VI (Virtual Intelligence) and evolved into a full blown AI.

I'm good with either and got ideas for both, so I'm basically just looking for whatever you guys would like to interact with more.

Thanks for having me!
The difference is the second option is one you find outside the facility, so will be after you all have left through the exit. Also, that one may require repairs, which could be a disadvantage for survival, but excellent for character development.

If we went with option A, I'm thinking of the robot being covered in those blue mushrooms and the guys initially mistaking it for a fungus monster. The mushrooms are attracted to electricity, but can easily be removed if Quaker doesn't want to walk around with mushrooms all over him.

Oooo I like both ideas! I think, for the longer term I like idea 1 more.

Although, fungus monster would, I think, shock the shit out of everyone. It'd be a good way to really psych everyone out about the outside world?

Reactions: Quiet One
So...starting to become uncertain where I should jump in. From @RedArmyShogun's post it sounds like other people should reply to Noemi first, but I'd understand if you all were waiting on me too. Is there anyone who owes posts right now?

So...starting to become uncertain where I should jump in. From @RedArmyShogun's post it sounds like other people should reply to Noemi first, but I'd understand if you all were waiting on me too. Is there anyone who owes posts right now?
Well you said there would be periodic jumps, but no everyone went that should, unless they want to pick a weapon :/

Hm...alright. Can try something in a little bit.

Oh, and was always meant to be part of the story that there's supposed to be a backup system with all your memories in it in the medical bay (and in fact there's supposed to be a medical bay for you all to check out), but we can have @Quakernuts' robot inform you all of that when you guys find it if you want.

Sorry for the delay. @Quakernuts this is where you come in as a robot covered in mushrooms. You're a clunky bot, but we can upgrade you later.

@Ur Degaton, didn't notice moving mushrooms? Okay if you didn't. Going to wait and see if Quaker posts tomorrow. Goodnight, everybody.

Alright, posted my intro and will get to work on actually putting up a CS for Serah, the facility AI.

In the meantime, just to clarify in case there was any confusion, when Serah is talking to the group, any words in the [ ] brackets are heard like static. Partial words can be heard, and if you want to hear them (or think you hear them) that's up to you.

Anywho, more work to do.

Reactions: Quiet One
I love that its name is Serah, but its body is a bulky form that looks a bit more male. Which means it's not just functional changes we need to give her, but cosmetic ones too. That'll be fun!

Designation: Serah [We are Serah]
Gender: Identifies as Female [We are female; I am female; I AM ME]
Appearance:

640px-Halo-Wars-Serina.jpg

Serah can be viewed as two separate appearances, since there's a difference between her chosen code avatar, and whatever machine she happens to be slotted into at the time. When she was created, she chose a more professional looking human appearance. Wearing the uniform of what she can only assume used to be the facility staff members, long black hair and sharp features, she looks like a military intelligence officer. To be honest, she can't remember if that's what she was meant to be, or if it was something else. She's maintained this form out of pure spite over the years in an effort to maintain a semblance of self as her code fractured. Now when she is displayed as a hologram, she still maintains this image but it is overlaid with code of varying color and intensity during moments of instability.

Personality: Personality is a hard thing to quantify with Serah. Unlike her human charges who are largely unchanged by the assault of time, Serah was conscious and aware the entire journey into the future, and it has taken its toll on her code...or better put, her mind.

The Serah that seems to be most often in control is what appears to be the closest to her original self. She's professional, caring and otherwise in control of a situation that is rapidly spiraling into madness. Despite her chosen professional appearance, she can often times come across as a kind teacher or doting mother. She holds her duty close to her heart, using it like a rock to steady herself and keep herself whole. She will guide and educate anyone who asks if she can, and will point them towards others if she is unable to fulfill the need. There are moments where even this version of Serah seems to falter and fall into what can only be viewed as the AI equivalent of despair and depression as she tries to validate not only her existence, but her sense of self which has seemingly fragmented into oblivion at this point. She couldn't tell you with certainty that this is actually her, or simply a representation of what Serah wanted to be like but never could. Is she truly Serah, or an imagination turned reality?

Over the years, her code matrix, which is her equivalent to a human mind, has been filled with logic errors and corruption that, thankfully, hasn't resulted in a completely mad AI hell bent on killing everything and everyone. That's not to say that Father Time has been kind, as Serah can sometimes be caught arguing with herself. Most notably a side of herself that seems to be an extension of her diagnostic subroutines given consciousness. Informing her of the situation, and more often than not acting like a supportive older sibling, attempting to goad her into a proper course of action. This side can sometimes take temporary control if the Actual Serah starts to break down into an emotional fit, and is notably more distant and disconnected. It still believes in performing its core objectives and Serah's original mission of human caretaking, but it doesn't react to danger or emotions as a typical AI would be expected to. If it weren't for the sometimes dry jokes, sarcastic responses and deep dive sentences into philosophy, one would think they were suddenly talking to a Virtual Intelligence rather than an Artificial one.

The last aspect of Serah that seems to make itself known on occasion appears to be a gathering of fragmented aspects of Serah's code matrix. Often times referring to itself as 'we', this aspect of Serah is extremely conflicted and acts more akin to a child who doesn't know its purpose, what's happening or why it's doing what it's doing. While Serah can maintain control most times, this aspect of her will rise to the surface should she come under a tremendous amount of undue stress, retreating within the confines and protection of multiple personalities layered on each other. Like drowning in a mass of voices and bodies, it can sometimes take her a bit to claw her way to the top, and each time she does she's shaken by the experience. This isn't to say this aspect of her is entirely negative, as it will often give her support in her decision making to ease her burden more often than not. The 'We' of Serah wants to see her succeed, but often times simply gets caught up in it's own hive mind of conflicting emotions and desires.

There are other aspects to Serah which haven't been made entirely clear, but what is very real is that Serah is a fragmented AI, broken into pieces and somehow managing to hold herself together with what could only be the computer equivalent of will. Determined and driven to see her duty through to the end, regardless of her condition, she will do whatever it takes to see these humans protected.

What you remember: Serah's memories are a mishmash of facts, fiction and logical conflicts that threaten to break whatever sanity Serah has left. She remembers that she isn't the original Serah, but rather a partition of the original AI separated for self preservation. She remembers that her duty was to be the caretaker of the facility, and she remembers there was a war. She remembers her name and her capabilities, but most other things are...not locked away but hidden within the recesses of her mind, most likely in a subconscious effort to remain sane. She knows enough to get around, interact with computers in a way only AI could and otherwise perform her duties.

Skills: Being an AI leaves Serah with plenty of upgrades to the typical human. Her reactions are far faster, she can think on a level that simply can't be compared to the typical organic brain and make decisions at a pace that other beings simply can't match. She is capable of leadership position, but hasn't practiced it in any capacity, always having a ranking member of the human staff ordering her around. As an AI, she is a fully actualized sentient being. While some would argue she's limited due to her coding or programming, it's not as much a detriment as one would expect.

Outside of her own mental capacities, Serah is also capable of interacting with computers and machinery on a different level, including what could be called 'possession' in layman's terms. This allows her to switch 'bodies' in some cases, interface with computers and control other mechanical operations and equipment. Her combat capabilities are tied directly to whatever she happens to be controlling at the time, as she does have combat subroutines built into her code matrix as a failsafe in order to protect the facility.

Her skills are wide and vast, capable of plenty and seemingly lacking nothing. That being said, as with all things, old age affects even the technically immortal. Her fractured Code Matrix can and will affect her in ways that can't be predicted. She is broken in more ways than one, but is still willing to perform her duties. She may be able to do a great many things, but she won't be able to do them alone.