After the Last Age OOC

@RedArmyShogun you don't know it's been 5200 years. I said that in the first post. Only the patients, @Mythy the Dragon-Wolf, @QuiteContrary, and @EmperorsChosen know how long it's been. They got the HUD telling them. You didn't.

Also, like that your training is having you take charge, but it's not clear how much of it is memory and how much is reflex action.

@RedArmyShogun you don't know it's been 5200 years. I said that in the first post. Only the patients, @Mythy the Dragon-Wolf, @QuiteContrary, and @EmperorsChosen know how long it's been. They got the HUD telling them. You didn't.

Also, like that your training is having you take charge, but it's not clear how much of it is memory and how much is reflex action.

Training often is a reflex action, as to that, I thought she knew from your own post, where it breaks down into addressing me it shows up on the scroll, but it's not detailed to who. I can do an edit if you like however? (just give me a few mins to do such, I need to do something, would have looked at this muuuuch sooner, but iwaku has been really slow lately, so I don't look as often)

And yeah, I had some questions for you when it's the time ic'ly, otherwise I'm not sure I want her in charge outside of this critical start, after all the rest are civilians, I suspect them to disagree or rebel soon enough.

Editing post now, will add an explanation to what I mean to the above, and her thinking behind it ic'ly, hopefully it's interesting to you.

Last edited:
I guess I have a question that how do you remember as much as you seem to remember. Maybe I'm misreading or something, or I had the wrong idea

I guess I have a question that how do you remember as much as you seem to remember. Maybe I'm misreading or something, or I had the wrong idea

I'll expand on it soon, but it's not so much memory. Just give me a couple mins and look back.*

Okay the edit is done. Unless I add some more to explain all of this.

She has no idea where the command center is, she just remembers the code and her orders/mission. In military terms and even most large buildings for whatever reason we have a habit of labeling things. Staying put in this case is death and she wants to keep them together. In the Military there is a saying of sorts for officers;

"Know everything even when you don't." Having doubts or admitting you don't know something is a good way to get panic and dissent through the ranks. So she is acting on reflex, in this case she is a Security officer, in the Chain of Command if it is silenced, you are to quickly verify and reestablish it. So in her case, being on the move and finding the command center is better than consoling and sitting around. It's meant to give off the aura of all knowing or being cold.

It is also dangerous, or rather can be. In private or when forced to a wall she may admit to her own lack of memory, she is honest after all, but in the current time it's "Okay, giant bugs, everything is fucked, where is the computer, duty officer or armory?" If she says as much everyone will likely default to debate and indecision. Once she has orders or some idea on what's going on, or there is inner group struggle is where shit will hit the fan so to speak. As she looks and acts she's military to the bone.

Keep in mind if you are going "well they aren't Military" that's the point, it's meant to drive a wedge of sorts unless they can reach a common ground and feeds into her apprehension towards the other survivors for plot purposes.

Now moving on to the shooting or the like or unquestioningly going after things, that is the point of training. Say you take martial arts or learn to shoot, the goal of training is so you can block or fire on "what needs to be" before you can think on it, it's like walking or breathing. You don't think on every step you take, and martial training is often aimed towards doing the same, it's in part how stories of heroism take place with men not really sure on what or how they did it. Think of it as riding a bike or being a pianist, now the spare mags might be something else, but it should be noted in my post "somewhere" was said, IE it's GM choice if she finds them or finds nothing.

I hope this answers some of the questions had and I would be happy to expand on any of these in detail. As to her recalling some of them, the swordsman is a given, he's a security risk, same with the maintenance man, the others she didn't recall, at least not yet. And remind you, the details she recalled so far have been "okay, he does X..he's dangerous." Hasn't even mentioned your pc by name.

@Mythy the Dragon-Wolf @Quiet One

Last edited:
@RedArmyShogun, thank you. That makes it a little better and at least now we know you're acting on instinct. Eventually shit will get so weird that no tertiary memory can help you out. Although, you and @Ur Degaton I'm confused. Have you all left the patient chamber and are searching for the armory? Because the chamber you woke up in lost its door, and I thought you guys said that, but also thought you didn't. So...again, confused. If you're at another door I can work with that.

Still find it odd you're all scared of the bugs. But then, I know they're the weakest thing you'll find in this world.

I can't speak for, Ur, but I was waiting for the others to say what they want or rebuttal, etc. I was still in the room trying to find bullets, and no, I meant doors we will pass later on, that she remembers the codes to what ones still operate for the 'most' part. So I'm still in the room. Ur in his post though seems like he's taking the lead in leaving the room and down the halls, where he asked mine to tell them where to go.

Reactions: Ur Degaton
@RedArmyShogun, thank you. That makes it a little better and at least now we know you're acting on instinct. Eventually shit will get so weird that no tertiary memory can help you out. Although, you and @Ur Degaton I'm confused. Have you all left the patient chamber and are searching for the armory? Because the chamber you woke up in lost its door, and I thought you guys said that, but also thought you didn't. So...again, confused. If you're at another door I can work with that.

Still find it odd you're all scared of the bugs. But then, I know they're the weakest thing you'll find in this world.
I should've clarified, he walked over to the broken down exit and is waiting for the others.

@Ur Degaton then why 'blasted' doors? That was where I got confused. So you're just waiting by the open doorway then?

@Ur Degaton then why 'blasted' doors? That was where I got confused. So you're just waiting by the open doorway then?
I assumed such a facility would have the best security available considering it houses the supposed last remnants of humanity. Blast Doors were the strongest type of door I could think of. I should've just said rusted doors. They just seemed to fit in with the high-tech bunker asthetic.

And yes, he's waiting by the doors and waiting for everyones' responses :)

I hope to get one up sometime today! My character is probably going to be snivelling idiot until she can get a hold of herself

I suppose I should post at some point, eh? Kinda tempted to wait for @QuiteContrary though, since I referenced her in my last one

Also I suppose we should eventually make up my guy's name

I assumed such a facility would have the best security available considering it houses the supposed last remnants of humanity. Blast Doors were the strongest type of door I could think of. I should've just said rusted doors. They just seemed to fit in with the high-tech bunker asthetic.

It wasn't supposed to be the last remnants of humanity. It was just supposed to be some rich kids waiting out a war in hibernation. But things changed after the war and you all were forgotten about. You were never intended to last this long, so the facility isn't quite in the same condition it should be.

It wasn't supposed to be the last remnants of humanity. It was just supposed to be some rich kids waiting out a war in hibernation. But things changed after the war and you all were forgotten about. You were never intended to last this long, so the facility isn't quite in the same condition it should be.
Got it 👍

Was actually thinking once everyone posts I'll have a bunch of bionic roots overgrowing most of the base, so it looks like an underground jungle.

Now there's just a question...do I subject you all to a Face Stealer as you approach the exit? Is that too cruel? Hm...

That sounds terrifying

Was actually thinking once everyone posts I'll have a bunch of bionic roots overgrowing most of the base, so it looks like an underground jungle.

Now there's just a question...do I subject you all to a Face Stealer as you approach the exit? Is that too cruel? Hm...
Would that mean that other similar bionic monstrosities would be roaming around like the bugs? Like a weird artificial ecosystem?

Semi-artificial. So much has happened that natural processes have started incorporating our unnatural technology with life. Sucker Bugs (the giant mosquitos you've met) are pretty low on the food chain. You'll see what else we've got as time goes on.

So...I suppose that's everyone again. Hm...will try to get us forward.

@All oops. I forgot to mention that there was a room dedicated to storage lockers on the map where you all might find some personal affects. Emphasis on might.

Also, it just occurred to me there might be a soda machine or two standing around. Maybe a soda bottle machine would be better as the aluminum cans would have corroded away by now.

Also, also - really surprised none of the patients have brought up how long they were in stasis. I'd have thought the civilians would've said something by now.