ABSOLUTE POTENTIAL

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I assumed with the drama, it was a sure thing.

I'm just waiting to hear from the Quiet One before I move the plot forward.

If I'm accepted, should I write my intro then jump in, or should I just go straight into the action?

I shall answer that when I read over your CS lol.

Is there anyone opposed to a time skip?

@Roman , @Olissa or @Quiet One I know you guys all invested in your current scenes but would you mind terribly if we moved forward? I'll have to figure out something for the Plant Lady though, she can't burrow underground by any chance can she?
Yes, actually she can burrow underground, but I thought it would be better if her powers were neutralized. Which one of you can do that again? Just touch her and have her go human, then quietly usher her into the hospital.

By the way, the next day I'll be free won't be for another week or two. I've got about an hour now. Really hate my limited access.

That would be Alexiana, my character. Her powers are only temporary of course, meaning the moment that Alexi lets go of the other person, the powers return to them. Unless you manage to make a serum of sorts out of her blood, then it'll have a prolonged effect, but we're nowhere near that stage yet.

That would be Alexiana, my character. Her powers are only temporary of course, meaning the moment that Alexi lets go of the other person, the powers return to them. Unless you manage to make a serum of sorts out of her blood, then it'll have a prolonged effect, but we're nowhere near that stage yet.

I don't think a special serum would be necessary. If the power works simply through blood like I think it does, you'd just be able to pull it out with a needle, add a buffer to preserve it, then inject/splash it into someone. Would her powers work if the blood dries?

The major problem here then is that Alexia is at a bar with Justin2,

I think escape is the most plausible path to go especially given your absence in the coming week Quiet One.

@DaCageFighter, The reason why you need a serum is because direct contact with her blood will burn people. Not materials, just skin/eyes, or anything where blood runs through. So a serum would be needed to avoid as much as possible of the acidic reaction in order to give it to another person.

And yes, she's in a bar, not near the hospital really. Plus she doesn't know of her powers yet otherwise she likely would have gone over and assisted had she known.

Alright. I'm here for about another forty minutes. You want me to write out her escape? Burrowing will be a weird experience for her, but since she's mostly running on instinct at the moment I can make Mary do it.

@DaCageFighter, The reason why you need a serum is because direct contact with her blood will burn people. Not materials, just skin/eyes, or anything where blood runs through. So a serum would be needed to avoid as much as possible of the acidic reaction in order to give it to another person.

And yes, she's in a bar, not near the hospital really. Plus she doesn't know of her powers yet otherwise she likely would have gone over and assisted had she known.

Oh. I guess I must have misread the acid blood part. I just assumed your character was like Leech from X-men. Sorry about that. I don't actually recall what they did in X-men though, but they did have a super human "antidote".

Alright. I'm here for about another forty minutes. You want me to write out her escape? Burrowing will be a weird experience for her, but since she's mostly running on instinct at the moment I can make Mary do it.

If you wouldn't mind. Otherwise I'll have to GM 'mod' it with your blessing of course.

And already done, excellent! Thanks Quiet One.

Already posted it. Hope it's alright. I'm now down to 15 minutes, so it'd better be.

Oh. I guess I must have misread the acid blood part. I just assumed your character was like Leech from X-men. Sorry about that. I don't actually recall what they did in X-men though, but they did have a super human "antidote".
It's similar to Leech, yes, but with the added fact that her powers only work if 1: the power is used directly on her. 2: She comes in direct contact with the source of the power (the other person) 3: her power affects her blood meaning it becomes aggressive towards other blood, which is why it stings should her blood be spilled out onto others.
Now there's obviously a bunch of downsides. But yes, it has similarities with Leech from X-Men where they took the blood and made an anti mutant serum from it.

Already posted it. Hope it's alright. I'm now down to 15 minutes, so it'd better be.

Yup it's all good! I've just got to figure out where to advance the story next.

What do you guys want to have your characters do? Are you all aiming to be the 'good' guys are is anyone planning on abusing their powers?

I'm sort of a Force of Nature character. I know I won't be coming in for a little while, but I want to make that clear. Mary's definitely not evil, but her powers and newfound connection to the earth will make her more like a Forest Guardian. Lumberjacks Beware!

Well San Fran's parks will be safe from corruption and pollution then! :P

What do you guys want to have your characters do? Are you all aiming to be the 'good' guys are is anyone planning on abusing their powers?

I was thinking my character would actually go on Amazon or something then buy his own skin-tight suit (in spite of not having a very flattering body), then run around town fighting crime. Alternatively, he'd act like Hiro from Heroes and spend the majority of his time trying to just figure out his powers.

Alexiana would never willingly hurt people, so she isn't going to side on a dark side unless she is somehow forced to do so. So in general, Alexiana will be in a guardian position, wanting to protect and see no one hurt with powers of others.

edit:
Her powers would freak her out, especially the acidic blood part, so she wouldn't willingly use them most of the time

Status
Not open for further replies.