ABSOLUTE POTENTIAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, same. I made this type of character as a last-ditch-resort should powers run too high and threaten to hurt people or break the city. A peaceful way to stop yet another ball of fire or whatever, you know? Of course she has extreme limitations due to the fact that the power in and of itself is extremely strong.
But since the GM has no qualms with it, I will just have to full avoid Corbin 100%, as Alexiana will wear clothes that make it possible for her to have lots of opportunities to have skin/skin contact.

@Roman
The wouldn't die as long as her powers came back really fast- radius lotion poisoning usually takes a bit to get to you.

Alexiana will wear clothes that make it possible for her to have lots of opportunities to have skin/skin contact.

O RLY? ;)

All kidding aside, I'm running this RP in a manner that means every action has a reaction. The more powers are used and abused, the more society is going to react to it. You run around San Fran leaking radiation and the city will be quarantined and evacuated with Corbin being hunted.

As much as this is fictional, I'm trying to incorporate semi realistic consequences into it.

O RLY? ;)
I knew someone was going to comment on that XD

I believe to recall that I said:
a silver and red high waist sleeveless mid thigh length dress, combined with a belt in the middle, red pumps or ballerina flats, and her mask would also consist of silver and red.
:P

Name:
Jack Raine

Nicknames:
Frost - His friends like to refer to him as Jack Frost from the fairy tales/movie The Guardians, as well as for his frosty attitude sometimes.

Alias:
Ghost

Birthday:
September 3rd, 1991, 23 years of age (Depending if fall starts after or before David's date of birth)

Height:
6' exactly, no quarter inch above or below.

Weight:
173 pounds

Hair Colour:
Jack's hair is dyed white, naturally its a dark black.

Eye Colour:
Jack uses contacts which make his eyes appear an iridescent Violet shade. Naturally they are bright green with flecks of gold throughout

Appearance:
Jack.jpg

Abilities:
  • Air Manipulation- Ability to manipulate the air in and around one's body. Can influence the wind, to dodging in midair, as well as focused blasts of wind. Jack used to have his best friend chuck objects at him while he was in the air and found he could solidify the air and change his trajectory or force the wind to push him out of the

• Air Solidity- The ability to condense air into a solid object or walk on air. Create a cage of air to trap a foe or to just make people walk into an invisible wall suddenly. Jack uses it to help with his parkour to get around the city and perform impossible tricks midair, as well as mess with people on the street like the joker he is.

• Enhanced Touch and Hearing/Nullification of Sound- Amplification of the air molecules and waves enable Jack to hear things from a longer distance as well as notice a disturbance in the airflow around him. As well as the reverse effect of suppressing the air molecules and airwaves sound travels on. I.E he may not be able to see someone who is invisible, but he can sense someone or something else is in the room or near him/He can make no sound when moving or anyone he chooses to within his range of course and hear whispers quite easily.
Weaknesses:
  • Unable to create air/wind, being limited to manipulating only from already existing sources.
  • Distance and the amount of matter depends of the strength and skill of the user. I.E Jack is at a medium skill level currently
  • Large amounts of sound can overload the user
  • Limited by what he can see. I.E HE may know where something or someone is half a mile away but he can't move or listen in on them unless they are in his vision range.
Sample Post:
This can make or break your application, please write a two to three paragraph post as your applied character using this to illustrate their personality and personal outlook. Try and demonstrate your writing in the best way you can here.

Jack was leaning against a wall of air up above his apartment looking out over the horizon yet again, watching the cars go by and just taking the time to soak in all the sights and sounds of the city around him. It was always so interesting to hear what the "Word on the street was" or in other words listening in on peoples conversations on the phone to friends walking and talking in his line of sight. He wouldn't call it spying or "Invasion of privacy," but it definitely wasn't something that he considered good, even though it was fun to do. For him it was almost a stress reliever to be able to watch the world from afar yet still hear what was going on, he felt completely free in the air among the wind of San Francisco.

Jack sighed, it was almost one in the afternoon, and as usual he was expecting a call soon, his friend Jax liked to hangout around this time of the day if he was free. They were both Freerunners or Parkourists that loved to run the streets and back alleys, climbing places they shouldn't be allowed to go, getting in trouble with the police whenever they actually got caught. Although Jack probably would never get caught if it was his choice, he just would stop if Jax was caught and take the blame with him. He didn't like to leave his friends behind to take the blame alone, his philosophy being "Nobody deserves to be alone." A couple of the local cops knew Jack and Jax by name and looks, but they let them off the hook usually after hearing the complaint, knowing they weren't causing harm, the two always were just out to have a grand time in the world.

"Ring-Ring-Ring"
Jack's reminiscing cut to a short as his phone went off and he answered it, "Hello?"

"Yo Jack, what's up man. Hey, you up for heading downtown in a bit? I just heard about this abandoned office building that's totally sick, my informer tells me that its practically a freerunner's paradise in there, multiple levels to land on, no objects to worry about since it has been completely gutted. Soooo, what do you say?"

Jacks face lit up, "Sounds fucking amazing, where exactly is it?? Oh, and want me to bring some of the others from the team, Shadow and Spark have been wanting to join us on our next exploration."

"Over near 25th and Delores is the general area, you can't miss it. Up to you man, but make sure that they know if we get caught in this one we might get in some major trouble. Technically its still owned, plus we don't know the cops over here in this part as well as the rest of our runs. The risk is worth it, and I mean we are pretty good at hiding ourselves, especially shadow, plus sparky's running is almost on par with yours, I think we'll be good. The place is over near 25th and Delores is the general area, you can't miss it. "

"Can and will do, I'll call them up and see if they want to come. Meet there in about say, an hour. Yeah??" Jack asked, making sure he would have time to get there and not be late.

"Perfect, make sure to bring your Camelbak, remember last time we had no water at all and were dying of thirst"

"Yeah, yeah I know. Don't have to bring that up EVERY time. Anyways, see ya there Jax," Jack said sarcastically as he hung up. 'Well I better call Shadow and Spark, but first I better go change into something I can run in' he thought to himself. Jack slowly descended to his open apartment window, climbed in and began to strip off his jeans in order to put on some sweats. Then he sent a text to Shadow and Spark each saying,

"Be down at south corner of 25th and Delores in an hour if you want to come running/exploring with Jax and I, be on time or we will leave you."

Jack almost went back and changed the message thinking it was a bit harsh, his frosty side showing again, but he didn't like when people planned to show up and then didn't come for another ten to twenty minutes later. Show early or on time, or don't show up at all. Although if you shot a text or call ahead saying you'd be a little late that was fine with him, so long as you told him beforehand. With changing into sweats and a light hoodie, jack grabbed his keys and ran out the door, making sure to lock it this time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got home from a trip out of town, so I'll answer all questions and look over that CS in the morning.

are you still adamant about creating 1 main character thing?
I think we could negotiate secondary characters.
Name:
Jack Raine

Nicknames:
Frost - His friends like to refer to him as Jack Frost from the fairy tales/movie The Guardians, as well as for his frosty attitude sometimes.

Alias:
Ghost

Hot dog

Birthday:
September 3rd, 1991, 23 years of age (Depending if fall starts after or before David's date of birth)

Height:
6' exactly, no quarter inch above or below.

Weight:
173 pounds

Hair Colour:
Jack's hair is dyed white, naturally its a dark black.

Eye Colour:
Jack uses contacts which make his eyes appear an iridescent Violet shade. Naturally they are bright green with flecks of gold throughout

Appearance:

Abilities:
  • Air Manipulation- Ability to manipulate the air in and around one's body. Can influence the wind, to dodging in midair, as well as focused blasts of wind. Jack used to have his best friend chuck objects at him while he was in the air and found he could solidify the air and change his trajectory or force the wind to push him out of the

• Air Solidity- The ability to condense air into a solid object or walk on air. Create a cage of air to trap a foe or to just make people walk into an invisible wall suddenly. Jack uses it to help with his parkour to get around the city and perform impossible tricks midair, as well as mess with people on the street like the joker he is.

• Enhanced Touch and Hearing/Nullification of Sound- Amplification of the air molecules and waves enable Jack to hear things from a longer distance as well as notice a disturbance in the airflow around him. As well as the reverse effect of suppressing the air molecules and airwaves sound travels on. I.E he may not be able to see someone who is invisible, but he can sense someone or something else is in the room or near him/He can make no sound when moving or anyone he chooses to within his range of course and hear whispers quite easily.
Weaknesses:
  • Unable to create air/wind, being limited to manipulating only from already existing sources.
  • Distance and the amount of matter depends of the strength and skill of the user. I.E Jack is at a medium skill level currently
  • Large amounts of sound can overload the user
  • Limited by what he can see. I.E HE may know where something or someone is half a mile away but he can't move or listen in on them unless they are in his vision range.
Sample Post:
This can make or break your application, please write a two to three paragraph post as your applied character using this to illustrate their personality and personal outlook. Try and demonstrate your writing in the best way you can here.

Jack was leaning against a wall of air up above his apartment looking out over the horizon yet again, watching the cars go by and just taking the time to soak in all the sights and sounds of the city around him. It was always so interesting to hear what the "Word on the street was" or in other words listening in on peoples conversations on the phone to friends walking and talking in his line of sight. He wouldn't call it spying or "Invasion of privacy," but it definitely wasn't something that he considered good, even though it was fun to do. For him it was almost a stress reliever to be able to watch the world from afar yet still hear what was going on, he felt completely free in the air among the wind of San Francisco.

Jack sighed, it was almost one in the afternoon, and as usual he was expecting a call soon, his friend Jax liked to hangout around this time of the day if he was free. They were both Freerunners or Parkourists that loved to run the streets and back alleys, climbing places they shouldn't be allowed to go, getting in trouble with the police whenever they actually got caught. Although Jack probably would never get caught if it was his choice, he just would stop if Jax was caught and take the blame with him. He didn't like to leave his friends behind to take the blame alone, his philosophy being "Nobody deserves to be alone." A couple of the local cops knew Jack and Jax by name and looks, but they let them off the hook usually after hearing the complaint, knowing they weren't causing harm, the two always were just out to have a grand time in the world.

"Ring-Ring-Ring"
Jack's reminiscing cut to a short as his phone went off and he answered it, "Hello?"

"Yo Jack, what's up man. Hey, you up for heading downtown in a bit? I just heard about this abandoned office building that's totally sick, my informer tells me that its practically a freerunner's paradise in there, multiple levels to land on, no objects to worry about since it has been completely gutted. Soooo, what do you say?"

Jacks face lit up, "Sounds fucking amazing, where exactly is it?? Oh, and want me to bring some of the others from the team, Shadow and Spark have been wanting to join us on our next exploration."

"Over near 25th and Delores is the general area, you can't miss it. Up to you man, but make sure that they know if we get caught in this one we might get in some major trouble. Technically its still owned, plus we don't know the cops over here in this part as well as the rest of our runs. The risk is worth it, and I mean we are pretty good at hiding ourselves, especially shadow, plus sparky's running is almost on par with yours, I think we'll be good. The place is over near 25th and Delores is the general area, you can't miss it. "

"Can and will do, I'll call them up and see if they want to come. Meet there in about say, an hour. Yeah??" Jack asked, making sure he would have time to get there and not be late.

"Perfect, make sure to bring your Camelbak, remember last time we had no water at all and were dying of thirst"

"Yeah, yeah I know. Don't have to bring that up EVERY time. Anyways, see ya there Jax," Jack said sarcastically as he hung up. 'Well I better call Shadow and Spark, but first I better go change into something I can run in' he thought to himself. Jack slowly descended to his open apartment window, climbed in and began to strip off his jeans in order to put on some sweats. Then he sent a text to Shadow and Spark each saying,

"Be down at south corner of 25th and Delores in an hour if you want to come running/exploring with Jax and I, be on time or we will leave you."

Jack almost went back and changed the message thinking it was a bit harsh, his frosty side showing again, but he didn't like when people planned to show up and then didn't come for another ten to twenty minutes later. Show early or on time, or don't show up at all. Although if you shot a text or call ahead saying you'd be a little late that was fine with him, so long as you told him beforehand. With changing into sweats and a light hoodie, jack grabbed his keys and ran out the door, making sure to lock it this time.

Accepted! Welcome aboard.

Name:
Jessica Marie Birch

Nicknames:
She prefers to be called Jess than Jessica. Other than that, she doesn't have any nicknames.

Alias:
Cambion. She has also been known to give the fake name of Rachel White when she doesn't want her real name to be known.

Birthday:
31st December 1995, currently 18

Height:
5'4"

Weight:
110 pounds

Hair Colour:
Brown, develops blonde streaks after a few days of good weather.

Eye Colour:
Dark brown

Appearance:
tay-jardine-we-are-the-in-crowd-Favim.com-500936.jpg

Jess is a bit on the short side. She's slender, although not unhealthily so. Her hair is naturally wavy, although she does straighten it on occasion. Usually, however, it is loose around her face or thrown into a pony-tail. Her nose is pierced and she constantly wears a ring in it. While she does usually wear make-up, it is kept to a minimum. She strikes rather a boyish figure, her curves being minimal. She is usually found in skinny jeans and checked shirts or printed t-shirts.

Abilities:
Jess's primary ability is mental manipulation. This has a few main components to it, all of them requiring physical contact.
  • Mind reading and telepathy- as long as she is touching somebody, she can hear their thoughts as if they were her own. There are no limits to what she can hear, and it is extremely difficult to hide anything from her. She can only hear their thoughts as long as she has physical contact with them, however. She can also project her voice into someone else's head.
  • Persuasion- Jess can force people to do anything she says. Much like her mind reading, it is difficult to ignore her commands.
  • Ability Suppression- Contact allows her to suppress someone's ability- providing that it is based around the mind. For instance, a mind reader could not hear her thoughts while she is touching them, but touching someone with super-speed would have no effect on them.
  • She also has the ability to render someone unconscious with a single touch.
The recurring limit is that she has to have contact with someone to be able to use her ability.

Sample Post:
She reached out one hand and slammed on the furiously buzzing alarm, groaning audibly. She rolled over and hit the floor with a thump. "Ow." She groaned, forcing herself into a sitting position and rubbing the back of her head. She had an hour to get dressed and into class, and she was not looking forward to the two hour long maths lecture that she knew was awaiting her. The only saving grace was that the coffee machine was right outside the lecture hall, and she knew that she could slip out and get coffee as was necessary. She had done it on a regular basis before.

Fifteen minutes later, she was fully dressed in a pair of electric blue skinny jeans, a long white vest t-shirt and her favourite leather jacket. Her motorcycle boots had been retrieved from under the bed. The boots lent her about half an inch of height, and while it wasn't much, it was still better than being in flats. Doing her make-up took five minutes, and she went into the kitchen of her apartment in search of food.

"Who ate my bagels?" She demanded. There was no answer, meaning more than likely meaning that one of her roommates had run out of cereal but was too scared to say anything. Generally, Jess was a good enough roommate- on the condition that you left her food alone. She did not appreciate her roommates eating her bagels. Muttering under her breath, she pulled a fresh packet out of the cupboard and stuck them in the toaster. While she was waiting for them,she scrawled her name on the packet in Sharpie and put them back in her own cupboard, wondering if setting some sort of trap on them would be too drastic.

When her precious breakfast was done, she grabbed her bag and slung it on her back, eating as she headed into the campus. She never sat down to eat breakfast- she always ate on the go. It wasn't that she was always late, it was rather that it minimised the amount of clean-up she had to do later that afternoon.

I know I'm definitely not the GM, but you're the second person with the alias Ghost. Just thought I'd point it out

Whoops, I didn't notice that. Apologies, I'll change that now!

It's going to be fun to see Jessica opposite Alexiana :P (nullification)

I'm curious as to which power would win out. Is Alexiana's power mental-based? If it was, I'm curious to know if her power would null Jess's, or if Jess would suppress hers.

@PlayingMonster If @Olissa has no problem with someone else having power suppression, it's fully accepted.

On the matter of who would win, I give it to Olissa's character on the basis it's her sole ability. Kind of like Flash beats Superman in a race sort of deal.

That's cool with me. And if they'd prefer not to have someone else with that ability, I can scrap it.

What would you like to do? We can work something out.

Writers block..I think I'll have Liam leave Natalie or help people with his animalistic powers.
But then again I want him to interact with someone or something :3

I is conflicted. I placed Liam in a very boring and dull scene for him to do nothing

You could have Liam join either the scene at the hospital or he's welcome to wander into one of the bar scenes. Alternatively as you suggested he could use him animals to help people, such as stopping a purse snatcher or some other small crime.

Who was wandering in on Justin2?

Also, yay, someone else who can't touch Justin1 while he's split.

Status
Not open for further replies.