ABSOLUTE POTENTIAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious as to which power would win out. Is Alexiana's power mental-based? If it was, I'm curious to know if her power would null Jess's, or if Jess would suppress hers.
Her power is blood based.
This means a lot of things, but the gist is it isn't a mentally based power for her. And as her blood is present in her brain, mind powers are canceled out.
Your character is more than welcome to have a mental suppressing power, as it has no effect on how I designed Alexi

Who was wandering in on Justin2?

Also, yay, someone else who can't touch Justin1 while he's split.
That would be Alexi, when I get around to posting :)

By the way @Roman, Alexiana's in the pub at the moment with Justin2. Kinda wasn't sure what to do with her so I just set her down somewhere at a free spot, in case you'd think it'd be nice to interact

We're still alive! Hurray!

This has definitely not been forgotten no ^-^At least not by me.

Alright I'll have to send the cops after Miss Radiation next.

By the way @Roman, Alexiana's in the pub at the moment with Justin2. Kinda wasn't sure what to do with her so I just set her down somewhere at a free spot, in case you'd think it'd be nice to interact

Completely missed that! I'll have him come over, maybe. I don't know, he's not the type to hit on strangers.

He has alcohol in his system, you can bend it a bit :P

Alexi's not one to talk to strangers either, but maybe they'd half recall seeing the other at the presentation?

Good idea. I'll do that.

Are you guys still accepting? I know you guys are already 2 pages in, but this has gotten kinda interesting and I want in.

Yup post up a sheet and I'll give 'er a look.

Name:
YaoBan Wong (Anglicized as Jacob)

Nicknames:
N/A

Alias:
The Stamp (Planned Alter Ego)

Birthday:
December 27th, 1995 (18 years old)

Height:
5'10"

Weight:
145 lbs.

Hair Color:
Black (Natural)

Eye Color:
Black

Appearance:
13954996341286.jpeg
Most would describe Jacob's style as either being super fashionable or extremely unfashionable. He likes to purposely make himself look messy so that it looks as if everything were done in a rush, but was actually made on intention. Jacob's hair is usually worn short and combed upward. He dresses in whatever feels comfortable to him which is usually warm clothing, though thanks to California weather, he will often shed his thick coat before putting it back on when the sun goes down. Jacob also possesses no casual sneakers; only a pair of loafers, and a few pairs of runners.

Abilities:
  • Sound Stamping: Jacob is capable of manifesting noise through stamps which he can put on solid surfaces. At first glance, it would make Jacob an expert DJ without even requiring a DJ setup, capable of creating and looping any sound Jacob needs. Except, Jacob is not a very good musician- he's an aspiring physicist. The sound stamps are capable of emulating any sound Jacob has heard and loops it for up to half an hour before fading away (the stamp and the noise). The looped sample, however, cannot be longer than ten minutes (so if he were to say, play Echoes by Pink Floyd, he'd have to use several different samples). On the bright side, Jacob is capable of modifying the pitch and volume of the sample for whatever reasons he may require. Further limitations include that Jacob can only use five stamps at a time, and that Jacob must touch the object in order to put a stamp on it. The stamp itself manifests by default as two eighth notes and varies in size depending on its surface, though Jacob is capable of changing the appearance of the stamp. The surface MUST be solid.
  • Onomatopoeia Manipulation (Planned Power): Jacob also has a subset of his sound stamping which works in air and water. In this form, Jacob stores the sound and is capable of producing letters in the air representative of the noise in a nigh comic bookesque manner. These letters are the stored sounds of previous actions, such as the SWISH of a knife. The letters mimic the object they were constructed from, and in the case of a knife, would likely cut something. Like in his sound stamping ability, Jacob must have already heard the noise in order to be recreated. In addition, words that cannot be described with onomatopoeia are also incapable of being recreated. In addition, When Jacob uses a word, he briefly forgets it, effectively keeping him from recreating the same effect twice in a row. The letters acting as solid entities, something must actually touch the letters in order for them to take effect. Once a letter is touched, the entire word cannot be used.
Despite having sound based powers, Jacob has no actual immunity to sound based attacks and can in fact be affected by his own powers.​

Sample Post:
Jacob sat alone by the window of his favorite tea station at a small table with only one chair which faced the outside. Ontop of the table was his laptop, which Jacob appeared to be vigorously scrolling and clicking on while inhaling his drink. On the seat across him, there was a neat stack of empty disposable plastic cups, a bit of ice and tapioca balls still resting at the bottom. Jacob had no time to pay attention- he was too busy cramming.

If there were two things that made Jacob's life especially hard, they were: mom, and dad. In his past, he didn't really socialize much. When college started, he did even less so. Occasionally, he'd wander off to various places until he'd find a place with wifi. He'd then open up his laptop. Most people referred to him as being studious, staring down his computer screen.

Most of the time, Jacob actually was studying. Other times, he'd just pirate foreign television shows, using other people's wifi because the school's policies would get him expelled for doing such a thing. At the moment he sat there, inhaling his boba, Jacob was studying; but he was also a notorious multitasker. He neglected only one part of his surroundings

Everyone in the building was staring at him.

"What the hell are you doing here!?" a woman asked him with a stage whisper. She was thin and had long black hair with pale skin, wearing an appron under her normal street cloths; the appron featured the logo of the shop as well as a nametag with the name "Christine" written on it. Obviously, she was a worker. Less obvious was that she was Jacob's childhood friend. They met in Elementary School after Jacob moved to the US from China.

In spite of Christine's violent shaking, Jacob did not respond. He simply sipped his drink and stared at the screen. Then slowly, his pupils rolled over to meet the girl. He didn't speak. He only glared as the petite woman continued to man handle.

"Get out of my shop!" she complained.

"On what grounds?" Jacob answered, returning his focus to the computer screen.

Christine was red, by that point she was trying to lift the boy off of his chair. Of course, he was a little too heavy. Then after a good half hour, Jacob made a small smile before closing his laptop and getting off his seat.

The boy turned his attention to the bottom of the screen, checking to see if his downloads were finished. With no more use for the locale's wifi, he left the restaurant, laptop in hand with the stack of cups still laying there.

"What a jerk" the girl remarked.

Jacob turned back, blushed, then continued on his way out. He didn't need somebody ruining his mood- the next day, he had the opportunity to test out their university's own Particle Accelerator in hopes he could get in a lot of notes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Received a PM from DaCageFighter and he will not actually be joining us...

So moving on, I suppose the plot could use defibrillator to the chest eh?

It is a bit dead at the moment... I'm stuck as to what to do with Jess, anyway.

I'm just waiting for things to pass for my character to do something since I conflicted myself to making him basically do nothingnothing

Is there anyone opposed to a time skip?

@Roman , @Olissa or @Quiet One I know you guys all invested in your current scenes but would you mind terribly if we moved forward? I'll have to figure out something for the Plant Lady though, she can't burrow underground by any chance can she?

Well Alexiana is just doing stuff to pass time, I don't mind a time skip. After all, she needs other powers to know what she can do, but that can be done at any given time

I was thinking of how to build a SUPER TENSE MOMENT OF POTENTIAL POWER DISRUPTION that explodes into an anti-climax of nothing ctually happening to Justin2, but since everyone knows nothing would happen it wouldn't be that tense. i also can't think of a good reason for Alexiana to spill her blood onto Justin2 in a pub. So sure, plot advancement.

Status
Not open for further replies.