ABSOLUTE POTENTIAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Maddeline got it. Would rather have that cleared up before such a situation should ever arise after all XD

and Roman, I figured so much (the avoid Justin1) but okay, I'll see if I can happen to have her swing by. I'll probably make sure to avoid her touching him, cause I'm not sure what would happen if nullification sets in on either one of the guys.

I'm not sure what would happen if nullification sets in on either one of the guys.

You know what? Me neither. Food for thought.

Definitely some food for thought XD Probably handy to figure out at some point.

Wouldn't Roman2 just up and disappear or does he actually need to be physically reabsorbed?

What I'm guessing would happen is while they're two separate beings or merged into one, nothing much of interest might happen. Maybe causing a disruption in their connection for a short while, such as the hearing the tapping the other person is doing or so. But they wouldn't be able to merge or split while in contact with Alexiana?

Items cloned through Justin2's creation crumble and disappear when they leave the possession of either Justin - they are non-sustainable outside of Justin's power. However, Justin2 is, clearly, self-sustainable. Whether this is because Justin1's power allows unconscious upkeep of Justin2 or because Justin2 is also superpowered (and therefore allows him to sustain himself) would answer whether or not Justin2's contact with Alexiana would result in him being dispelled.

In case of the first, Justin2 could interact without Alexiana without fear - Justin1 would be unable, however, as Alexiana's power would sever the link sustaining Justin2. In case of the second, Justin2 could not interact with Alexiana, as her power would disrupt his self-sustaining - but Justin1 would be able to come into contact with her while Justin2 is 'out' without dispelling him.

In either case, either Justin's contact with Alexiana would disallow the re-merging of Justins1&2 into their whole being, and Justin1's contact with her while whole would disallow the release of Justin2, and disrupt the physical and mental advantages he enjoys while whole.

So in terms of Justin/Alexiana interaction dispelling Justin2 - I'll leave it up to the GM to decide which circumstance would be best for power levels and player interaction.

Of course, dispelling Justin2 opens up a whole new box of where he goes, and whether Justin1 can re-release him.

*nods* complicated matter...

Not being able to split or merge is something that at least makes the most sense to definitely be part of the nullifying effect.
Having Justin2 disappear gives for interesting situations, but so does the both self sustaining situation. I don't care how this plays out :) so yeah I guess that leaves it up to the GM?

Roman said:
In case of the first, Justin2 could interact without Alexiana without fear - Justin1 would be unable, however, as Alexiana's power would sever the link sustaining Justin2.

Since you're making me choose, I believe the above is likely the more interesting route to go.

So that would mean (correct me if I get it wrong please)
Alexiana comes into contact with Justin2, nothing much happens (except they can't merge and stuff like that)
Alexiana comes into contact with Justin1, Justin2 seizes to exist if they are separated at that time.
Did I understand that correct?

That would indeed be the case. Justin2 is sustained through an unconscious upkeep link as a secondary requirement of Justin's power. To disrupt the power would be to disrupt the link, and dispell Justin2.

Now the question is deciding what exactly 'dispelling' Justin2 ultimately does.

@Olissa
Come to think of it, Corbin might actually start a meltdown process if her powers are nullified too long- and before then, she and everyone around her would suffer from acute radiation poisoning.
Nullifying her powers is bad for everyone within a fifty foot radius of her xD

That's alright I'm just working on a post myself.

@Olissa
Come to think of it, Corbin might actually start a meltdown process if her powers are nullified too long- and before then, she and everyone around her would suffer from acute radiation poisoning.
Nullifying her powers is bad for everyone within a fifty foot radius of her xD

This is slightly frightening. Nullification should mean all aspects of the power are gone - just completely absent. Why would she react in such a way if the powers simply weren't there to react?

@Roman
Because her powers wouldn't work, but she would still retain an organ working like a power plant inside her. It would be like taking the water off of the fuel rods, which would release ungodly amounts of radiation. Thankfully, she has enough water in and around the organ proportional to the uranium in her system- other wise, she would melt through the floor and become a radioactive pile of lethal goo.
But she would still release the radiation since her body wouldn't attempt to retain it. Along with the fact she wouldn't be regenerating, meaning any open wounds she sustained would cause a fast release of radiation. She should be able to re-absorb the radiation and heal quickly if and when she gets her powers back.

I understand that; what I draw attention to is that surely such an unnatural organ is a result of her power. With the power disrupted, why would the organ continue to function?

@Roman
That's exactly the problem. The organ would function because that's biological now- ingrained in her DNA. However the rest of her powers, such as absorption of said radiation doesn't work. And if the organ failed, then there would be much more lethal radiation going everywhere because nothing will cushion it's dispersion.

And it's just our luck that Hazmats suits just doubled in price.

Aka, basic conclusion, instead of stopping a power, should Alexiana touch Corbin, it brings destruction, just my luck ^^'
Remind me to never come near Corbin then.

Reactions: Maddeline
I just find myself uncomfortable with 'remove my power and everyone dies.'

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.