ABSOLUTE POTENTIAL

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
She's not a villian. She's just a bit of a recluse. And I put in a way for her to get involved. Her friend's calling 911! That should get SHIFT on her doorstep in ten minutes.

Oh I know she's not a villain lol, just an expression.

And yeah I'll send SHIFT her way soon enough. Should be posting no later than tomorrow evening.

That sucks. Tomorrow's my last day for a couple weeks. Might be able to post Tuesday, but doubt it. Say, how about if Mary lives near the campus, so that when they come after her and she runs, she can get spotted by the other characters? You other characters cool with that?

Yep, I'd be cool with that. Not that Jess would see her at the present moment, but if my writing brings me that way...

Hey, @Olissa, if you want, Jess could convince Alexiana to give her a blood sample and something could flag up on that? I'm planning on having Jess make the mistake of doing some research either on an insecure network that SHIFT is monitoring or in public and getting spotted by SHIFT. She's got an idea that something's up, but she thinks it's just a coverup for the accident.

Sounds like a plan to me :)

I'll have a post up today ladies and gents!

Fortitude, red
Paul-Walker-Styles.jpg

Name:
Damion Arthur Wagner

Nicknames:
Art

Alias:
Fortitude

Birthday:
June 29, 1988 (Currently 25)

Height:
6'2

Weight:
220 lbs

Hair Colour:
Natural Ash Brown

Eye Colour:
Crystal Blue

Appearance:
Damion is a tall young man in the peak of his physical fitness. Decently built with a well toned body, Damion has the physique of a natural athlete. Some might say he is slightly lean for his age but this is mostly due to his height that makes him look more lean than he really is. As such he best resembles a long distance runner, being tall, lithe, and trim. He is considered by quite a few members of the fairer sex to be a handsome man.

Abilities:
Invulnerability - The accident left Damion with an incredibly powerful body. His skin and bones are capable to withstand great heat without blistering, great cold without freezing, and great impact without injury. His current limit is determined by his stamina. The more fatigue he has underwent, the easier it is to damage him. At max, Damion can only survive the force of a single grenade. At his lowest, heat, and cold will never bother him but he can be harmed by knives and small arms fire. No matter his limit, Damion is immune to most Earthly diseases and toxins. Potentially he can one day become completely invulnerable.

Superhuman Strength - Damion's physical strength is enhanced to beyond human, and is sufficiently strong enough to lift up to 4 tons. If he wanted to, he could bench press a Toyota and bend metal with his bare hands. His leg muscles carry the same level of strength, allowing him to jump 40 feet into the air and run at approximately 40-50 mph.

Superhuman Endurance - Damion is able to endure extreme physical trauma that would otherwise kill a normal person, such as broken bones, stab wound, and skull fracture.

Sample Post:
He stood in the candy aisle of the convenience store located directly on the corrupt part of town; a side of town that held a higher crime rate where the police turned their back as long as money was involved. The air tensed heavily when the three men walked in. Arrogance carried in their boisterous voices. Damion's eyes shifted to the men whilst hiding behind the shadowy of the hood of the gray jacket. He could see what the cashier couldn't. One of the members moved his shirt a bit, illuminating the revolver tucked into his pants. It didn't bode well in Damion's eyes.

A few minutes passed of the men roaming around the store, talking amongst themselves but loud enough for everyone to overhear. Words about whores, and the streets. Wannabe thugs in Damion's eyes. Ten years spent in the penitentiary taught him all he needed about real thugs. A scream from a female shopper brought Damion from his inner thoughts. They had finally made their move; one of the thugs aimed his revolver toward the cashier. They screamed for the money. He knew he had to do something but why do anything when he could avoid the conflict. Damion grabbed the candy bar he wanted and walked to the cash register. The man with the revolver turned to point it at Damion's head.

"Look. I just want this candy bar." The handsome man placed the snickers on the counter.

"Get the fuck back before I blow your head off." The main thug aggressively yelled.

Damion smirked at the reply. "Do it then. Probably too much of a punk to do it. A real man uses action, not words." he played to the thug's anger and it worked. Without a second thought, the trigger was pulled, igniting the chamber and sending the bullet flying forward. It met Damion's face with a hard thud, crushed from the pure power of Damion's invulnerability. Everyone stared in awe giving superhuman the chance to grip the thug's wrist. One squeeze was all it took to literally hear the sound of the bones breaking under the grip of Damion.

"Leave. Now. Before I do more damage." A commanding voice sent shivers down their spines and those wannabe thugs ran as fast as they could out the convenience store. "So Cashier...how much is that snickers?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol now there's a Gareth Wagner and Garret Wagner? Oh dear that's going to be confusing

Fortitude, red
Name:
Garret Arthur Wagner

Really, you named him Garret? I knew you were going to make them brothers, but Garret? No you're going to need to change the first name Taka, it's too similar.

Last edited:
M I wonder where lost of the people went? It's mostly just me and PlayingMonster going back and forth at the moment. Don't want to overtake the entire RP after all with a huge nr of posts

M I wonder where lost of the people went? It's mostly just me and PlayingMonster going back and forth at the moment. Don't want to overtake the entire RP after all with a huge nr of posts

Yes, seems most of our players disappeared. Unfortunate but it happens sadly. I may put the ad back in rotation, not sure yet.

Did most just vanish without a word?
I do know these weeks tend to be hectic due to many people having to wrap up for the beginning of the holidays so that might play into it?

Did most just vanish without a word?
I do know these weeks tend to be hectic due to many people having to wrap up for the beginning of the holidays so that might play into it?
Oh yeah, aside from DaCageFighter anyone else who dropped out did so without telling me.

Hm.. That's too bad really.

Hm.. That's too bad really.
Yup, really screwed with my original intent for the RP too. I was hoping for a sandbox but now with the player count I'm trying to shoehorn it into a linear style RP.

Sandbox only works if people have planned arcs for their characters to evolve through from the start - and that's hard to guage from a character sheet unless you add something obvious like 'what is/are your planned character arc/s'. It's a nice idea, but at the end of the day you need a specific kind of player to pull it off.

That said, I'll be pushing Justin through his planned arc as much as I can get away with while keeping in line with the linear plot structure and plans.

I suppose with this kind of roleplay, you've got to find opportunities and grab them. It depends on the characters as well- like Jess, as a budding scientist, mutation would interest her, and she's not the type to shy away from trouble.

But even so, it's nice to have a lot of variety in characters.

I suppose with this kind of roleplay, you've got to find opportunities and grab them. It depends on the characters as well- like Jess, as a budding scientist, mutation would interest her, and she's not the type to shy away from trouble.

But even so, it's nice to have a lot of variety in characters.
Variety is definitely nice and I love the individual story lines building so that's the bonus. Eventually we'll get everyone together.

Once I finish, I just want to teeter Damion on the line of villain/hero whilst attempting to reconcile with his brother.

Just going to do a roll call, see who's all still here.

So if you're still interested in the RP, please indicate below! If not, no worries you can also let me know that below but not replying also is a pretty good indicator haha.

I'm still here, definitely.
Still need to react to @PlayingMonster so I apologize for the lack of activity due to my absence.

Status
Not open for further replies.