Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Soulserenity20

Original poster
23hum3r.png

• [dash=white]It has been winter for far too long now. The world was not built for stagnancy. Without change, there can be no future.
    You are that change.
    You must bring about the shifting of the seasons. [/dash]

• Map in Spoiler
    [spoili]
    28ioktc.png
    [/spoili]

w0mi37.png

You never knew this world. It was always just a part of a story you heard as a child: a world where the seasons no longer changed and for an eternity, Winter maintained its hold on the land. This world was said to be beautiful, but dangerous, for it loomed in a delicate balance, like a set of scales, ever-nearing its tipping point. Stagnancy is not the stuff of life. A world can only stay frozen for so long.

You awake from a dream in a world you never knew. The cold air swirls around you and silently, snowflakes drift down from the sky, kissing your chilled skin before melting away. The sky is dark but for the dancing lights that dazzle the skyscape. The stars are outshone by these lights of blue and purple. The beauty is entangling, but something within you demands you look away. All around, you see a white blanket of snow and hear nothing but the gently breeze. Where are you? You do not know this world of Winter.

It becomes quickly apparent that you are far from home. Are you alone? With some searching, you come to discover there are others, more like you that are lost, unsure of this strange, beautiful place. You come together, one of you noticing a strange creature leaping about in the distance. It looks to be a deer of sorts, but it is larger than any you've ever seen and its coat is white as the snowy landscape, its antlers are made of ice, and its eyes are a cool, purple.

Together with the others, you decide teamwork is the best chance at survival. But none of you are sure how you got here or where you must go. And so, as a team, you venture out into this wintry world, seeking answers and seeking shelter. If you can survive, you may find yourself caught up in a magical adventure.

Welcome, to the World of Winter.
    talaau.png

• 34r8xg6.png

SURVIVAL
    This roleplay will be an unpredictable adventure filled with curious opportunities driven by chance. I will be rolling dice consistently throughout to determine encounters and sub-adventures you will come across in the main plot. Your characters will be your own, but I will be giving you situations where your character fails or succeeds at certain actions and you must react accordingly. Like survival in the real world wilds, nothing is certain, you will face a number of difficult decisions; this is all a part of the survival experience.

MAGICK AND COMPANIONS
    Two key features in this roleplay will be the bestowal of a magical ability and a companion or familiar from the world of Winter. You will not be able to choose either of these. They will be given out at various times as the plot progresses. If you are not mature enough to be okay with the unexpected and extended equailty (not everyone will have a power at the exact same time, not everyone will get a companion at the same time, but everyone will get one) then I fear this roleplay is not for you. A key aspect of any great adventure is the unexpected. This roleplay will be based around how your characters respond to the world and you will not have the same OOC power you would have in other roleplays. That is the point of this RP.

FORMAL RULES
    +Do not complain about your ability or companion. I will take generic requests at the start of the RP but the surprise is the nature of the roleplay.+
    +Be mature, communicate, and be kind.+
    +Posting requirement is once per week, sometimes once per two weeks. My roleplays are long term. We all have vastly different schedules and so a week to two week long window helps ensure everyone has ample time to post. We'll aim for movement in the plot once a week.+
    +COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR GM. I'm patient as hell but I do expect effort.+
    +I EXPECT GOOD WRITING. You'll be PM'd by me if I don't accept your writing level. Poor writing makes it harder for your GM's and harder for your fellow players. I'm sorry but that's just the way it is.+

• eiqo8o.png

Name:
    Hometown: (real world locations)

Personality in 5 words:
    Descriptive Personality:
    History:

Strengths: (Character traits like leadership, intelligence, etc)
    Skills: (physical abilities, hiking, hunting, cooking, riding, etc.)
    Weaknesses: (mental and physical weaknesses, like fears, inability to run long distances, etc.)

NOTE: I'm a tough GM. Don't even try to give me a traumatized 17 year old that has mastered martial arts and swordsmanship and comes from the army and can ride a horse professionally and was abused and abandoned as a child and left in the streets and still has perfect linguistic skills, no coping issues, and happens to also be handsome, athletic, and charismatic. I will shut you down immediately.

THIS IS AN INTEREST CHECK BUT FEEL FREE TO CLAIM A SPOT FOR YOUR CHARACTER AND START BUILDING A CS. I ONLY NEED 4 PLAYERS TO GET THIS MOVING. I WILL CLOSE SIGNUPS WHEN WE HAVE 8 PLAYERS.

Thank you all for your interest. I am sincerely grateful.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got to work on a project due tomorrow, but that should only take about an hour. I'm so sorry, guys. I'll get a post in tonight!

I'm sorry guys, but I gotta drop. My interest for this has been dying down and now it's deceased. Might explain why it's been difficult for me to come up with posts when I usually am way better at getting posts up. I hope this keeps going but sorry that I can't be part of it. Good Luck.

I'm sorry guys, but I gotta drop. My interest for this has been dying down and now it's deceased. Might explain why it's been difficult for me to come up with posts when I usually am way better at getting posts up. I hope this keeps going but sorry that I can't be part of it. Good Luck.
Ok! Happy RPing! Lol I think from now on ill be waiting for a few weeks to so character banner requests though XD I hate seeing all that work go to waste

Way late to the party here. Rolling for storm damage...

Working on a post now!! I finally have time! Sorry the the delay, guys! I didn't expect RL to get so hectic!

• Love
Reactions: Soulserenity20
Going to go ahead and roll for storm damage so I can work it into my post. Let's hope I do this right...

EDIT #2: I got a 20/20, so that means Adeana will be hurt, correct?

EDIT #3: Post is up! Let me know if I should change things. I may have missed some things while reading through the IC so I can change things or have Adeana completely oblivious. xD Put yeah, let me know if I did something wrong. I'm at the tail end of my last semester of college, so things are getting hectic. But after tomorrow, things should be smooth-sailing.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Going to go ahead and roll for storm damage so I can work it into my post. Let's hope I do this right...

EDIT #2: I got a 20/20, so that means Adeana will be hurt, correct?

EDIT #3: Post is up! Let me know if I should change things. I may have missed some things while reading through the IC so I can change things or have Adeana completely oblivious. xD Put yeah, let me know if I did something wrong. I'm at the tail end of my last semester of college, so things are getting hectic. But after tomorrow, things should be smooth-sailing.
Just FYI, Amalia was there trying to wake Adeanna, there might be some interaction there.

Just FYI, Amalia was there trying to wake Adeanna, there might be some interaction there.

I know, but because I did a very late post, soulserenity and I discussed having her wake up much later than everyone else. So if she woke up later, she would have no recollection of any interactions.

I know, but because I did a very late post, soulserenity and I discussed having her wake up much later than everyone else. So if she woke up later, she would have no recollection of any interactions.
That's alright! @Reverend of Steel is making a post now. We're waiting for @Mowkie to post and once that happens I'lll post again and hopefully we can get everyone waking up and getting to health XD

oh, i havent received alerts. Thank god I checked... So Justin left.... so how are we suppose to act now that her charry shouldnt exist?

And especially for my charry since lets say sophia came to judge him because of what he said to her, does that change?

Well. Let's kill her off :D Anyone want to propose a manner of death?

Well. Let's kill her off :D Anyone want to propose a manner of death?
OHLYYY

Bear :3 A creature eats her before our eyes xD

also, I mean... it kind of sucks that my post was a bit ignored by you and the others :P I mean he is sitting in the sofa basically where Amalia supposedly fainted and your post didn't even acknowledge what my charry said in the previous post xP

And he did say some dialogues that concerns everyone

OHLYYY

also, I mean... it kind of sucks that my post was a bit ignored by you and the others :P I mean he is sitting in the sofa basically where Amalia supposedly fainted and your post didn't even acknowledge what my charry said in the previous post xP

With so many things going on at once and characters being bloody lost and confused, it might make sense of some people are "ignored" because they just aren't paying attention. That being said, Adeana is still outside the cabin BUT once she gets inside and possibly bandaged up, she'll take note of the hottie ginger god. Um. Yum.

Maybe we could have Justin's character die by....an icicle falling from a tree and spearing her right in the noggin.

• Nice Execution!
I apologize. That does happen sometimes in a busy scene in a new RP.

Reactions: Shambles
OHLYYY

I missed the part where he was on the couch, I'll edit my post some time tomorrow. I'm sorry about that!

Reactions: Shambles
I missed the part where he was on the couch, I'll edit my post some time tomorrow. I'm sorry about that!
Don't worry about it :) I totally understand how it could happen haha but it's not actually that busy lol.. they are four individuals in the cabin at the moment and he spoke out loud and brought covers for everyone and he is right at the scene of actions so it's unreasonable for anyone to just ignore him like he doesn't exist!

That's why I just mention it :D that being said, I'm finally done with my goddamn Six page boring essay and ready to sleep... or rp if anyone wants to?

Status
Not open for further replies.