Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Soulserenity20

Original poster
23hum3r.png

• [dash=white]It has been winter for far too long now. The world was not built for stagnancy. Without change, there can be no future.
    You are that change.
    You must bring about the shifting of the seasons. [/dash]

• Map in Spoiler
    [spoili]
    28ioktc.png
    [/spoili]

w0mi37.png

You never knew this world. It was always just a part of a story you heard as a child: a world where the seasons no longer changed and for an eternity, Winter maintained its hold on the land. This world was said to be beautiful, but dangerous, for it loomed in a delicate balance, like a set of scales, ever-nearing its tipping point. Stagnancy is not the stuff of life. A world can only stay frozen for so long.

You awake from a dream in a world you never knew. The cold air swirls around you and silently, snowflakes drift down from the sky, kissing your chilled skin before melting away. The sky is dark but for the dancing lights that dazzle the skyscape. The stars are outshone by these lights of blue and purple. The beauty is entangling, but something within you demands you look away. All around, you see a white blanket of snow and hear nothing but the gently breeze. Where are you? You do not know this world of Winter.

It becomes quickly apparent that you are far from home. Are you alone? With some searching, you come to discover there are others, more like you that are lost, unsure of this strange, beautiful place. You come together, one of you noticing a strange creature leaping about in the distance. It looks to be a deer of sorts, but it is larger than any you've ever seen and its coat is white as the snowy landscape, its antlers are made of ice, and its eyes are a cool, purple.

Together with the others, you decide teamwork is the best chance at survival. But none of you are sure how you got here or where you must go. And so, as a team, you venture out into this wintry world, seeking answers and seeking shelter. If you can survive, you may find yourself caught up in a magical adventure.

Welcome, to the World of Winter.
    talaau.png

• 34r8xg6.png

SURVIVAL
    This roleplay will be an unpredictable adventure filled with curious opportunities driven by chance. I will be rolling dice consistently throughout to determine encounters and sub-adventures you will come across in the main plot. Your characters will be your own, but I will be giving you situations where your character fails or succeeds at certain actions and you must react accordingly. Like survival in the real world wilds, nothing is certain, you will face a number of difficult decisions; this is all a part of the survival experience.

MAGICK AND COMPANIONS
    Two key features in this roleplay will be the bestowal of a magical ability and a companion or familiar from the world of Winter. You will not be able to choose either of these. They will be given out at various times as the plot progresses. If you are not mature enough to be okay with the unexpected and extended equailty (not everyone will have a power at the exact same time, not everyone will get a companion at the same time, but everyone will get one) then I fear this roleplay is not for you. A key aspect of any great adventure is the unexpected. This roleplay will be based around how your characters respond to the world and you will not have the same OOC power you would have in other roleplays. That is the point of this RP.

FORMAL RULES
    +Do not complain about your ability or companion. I will take generic requests at the start of the RP but the surprise is the nature of the roleplay.+
    +Be mature, communicate, and be kind.+
    +Posting requirement is once per week, sometimes once per two weeks. My roleplays are long term. We all have vastly different schedules and so a week to two week long window helps ensure everyone has ample time to post. We'll aim for movement in the plot once a week.+
    +COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR GM. I'm patient as hell but I do expect effort.+
    +I EXPECT GOOD WRITING. You'll be PM'd by me if I don't accept your writing level. Poor writing makes it harder for your GM's and harder for your fellow players. I'm sorry but that's just the way it is.+

• eiqo8o.png

Name:
    Hometown: (real world locations)

Personality in 5 words:
    Descriptive Personality:
    History:

Strengths: (Character traits like leadership, intelligence, etc)
    Skills: (physical abilities, hiking, hunting, cooking, riding, etc.)
    Weaknesses: (mental and physical weaknesses, like fears, inability to run long distances, etc.)

NOTE: I'm a tough GM. Don't even try to give me a traumatized 17 year old that has mastered martial arts and swordsmanship and comes from the army and can ride a horse professionally and was abused and abandoned as a child and left in the streets and still has perfect linguistic skills, no coping issues, and happens to also be handsome, athletic, and charismatic. I will shut you down immediately.

THIS IS AN INTEREST CHECK BUT FEEL FREE TO CLAIM A SPOT FOR YOUR CHARACTER AND START BUILDING A CS. I ONLY NEED 4 PLAYERS TO GET THIS MOVING. I WILL CLOSE SIGNUPS WHEN WE HAVE 8 PLAYERS.

Thank you all for your interest. I am sincerely grateful.

Last edited by a moderator:
No worries! not from me anyways, I was just unsure how to play it without godmodding Arthur until after you posted.:P

Hey, sorry but I'll have to drop out of the roleplay. My schedule just got busier and I'm dropping out of all my roleplays except one which is with my roleplay BFF and only because it's been ongoing for three years. It just got to the point where I'm sleeping deprived and losing motivation and interest for everything.
Sorry for those waiting for my post and for the GMs because I seriously kind of failed at giving a good impression (I never dropped out of any roleplays since I started rping four years ago yet in less than six months, you guys were victims of me dropping out and disappearing in two of your rps...) so I'm sorry for that.

Wish you all the best and hopefully in... Iono. Hopefully when College is over for good and I start Uni... And I restart my Athletic career for real... then things will settle into a routine.

So... Take care and i wish that I'll get my mind back on track and become (or rebecome) a good, loyal, roleplayer :')
See ya Guys!

@Akashi @Soulserenity20 @Mowkie

@Cait @Bitterblue Wish I would have rped with you guys cause you seem pretty damn fun :/

Also, man I loved this character of mine *Saves him in blog* please take care of him and kill him off with a disappearance? Just lost in the woods forever and froze to death. :(

Good luck with RL blues. Thanks for the heads up.

Okay guys, should we consider reopening the signups? Get in another 2-3 players like we originally planned? @Bitterblue feel free to god mod Arthur for the time being. We'll have him get lost in the woods soon enough and never return. For now, feel free to get your char out of the interaction. I'll start looking for a few new players and if any of you know some, let me know! We'll keep this thing going :D

Good luck with RL blues. Thanks for the heads up.

Okay guys, should we consider reopening the signups? Get in another 2-3 players like we originally planned? @Bitterblue feel free to god mod Arthur for the time being. We'll have him get lost in the woods soon enough and never return. For now, feel free to get your char out of the interaction. I'll start looking for a few new players and if any of you know some, let me know! We'll keep this thing going :D
best of luck :) Hope to see this roleplay rolling in a year ;)

I will do so. .. later.

• Thank You
Reactions: Soulserenity20
I will TRY to get a post up today. today's going to be my lazy day, so I might draft it in a word doc and post it tomorrow

I will TRY to get a post up today. today's going to be my lazy day, so I might draft it in a word doc and post it tomorrow
Okay :) I'm going to reopen signups and try and get 2 more players. Luckily there's a really easy way to add players. We just find them in the snow lol.

I would normally volunteer to pick up one of the dropped charries, but I can't do that atm.

Alright everyone :) When will we be getting more posts up?

I've opened up a roleplay ad and posted some ad banners up so we might get some traffic. For the time being, I'm thinking about making a second character to help stimulate things. I would most likely place him directly into Arthur's spot to make it so we don't have to lose that role :) Thoughts?

I want to try and get some more activity going so I have an event planned for right away, but I need activity from everyone :) I know it's a busy time of the year but let's try and get posts up, even if they're short!

@Akashi @Cait @Bitterblue @Mowkie @Reverend of Steel

:P

Reactions: Akashi
Sounds good to me :)

I'm here! Sorry for being late. Things happened suddenly with the holidays and I didn't have access to a computer. I'll try to get a post in ASAP!

• Love
Okay, I was going to post tonight. Do you still want me to godmod Arthur if you're going to replace him?

Hiya :3 This looks pretty interesting, and I'm always interested in a survival adventure kind of rp. Are there still places available?

Hiya :3 This looks pretty interesting, and I'm always interested in a survival adventure kind of rp. Are there still places available?
You bet there is! You'll find character sheet skeletons on in the sticky post :)

• Thank You
Reactions: Greenie
You bet there is! You'll find character sheet skeletons on in the sticky post :)
Thanks! I'll get started on a sheet today! Not sure whether to pick a guy or a girl, so I was wondering if there's an influx of either?

Thanks! I'll get started on a sheet today! Not sure whether to pick a guy or a girl, so I was wondering if there's an influx of either?
I always just tell players to make whatever they want and not focus on the ic. We get better chars that way :)&

• Useful
Reactions: Greenie
Well I have a guy and girl both in mind but can't commit two chars (if it's allowed lol). I'll probably pick a guy though, lotsa estrogen already in my recent characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.