A World of Our Own ~[Reborn]~

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marri grabbed what he needed from the inter-dimensional room and then closed the door, locked it, but didn't send it off to whatever abyss it came from. He then set about cooking game hens, potatoes, and an Elvish desert called la'thi. La'thi was a soft and sweet bread full of nutrients to help one recover from an exhausting workout. He topped the meal with some fresh rainwater he found and then purified. He noticed that not only was Lyra moving around quite a bit but Vaid was also showing signs of finally waking from his slumber.

Lyra felt something move beneath her and she felt startled awake. startled, she noticed it had been Vaid under her. With a blush and a yawn, she rubbed her eyes and blinked, making a zombie walk towards the fire and smell of food. Some flowers that had been growing beneath the tree leaned towards her and she grunted as a response. She sat by Marri and rubbed her eyes again. "How long was I out?" Lyra hoped Marri had not been inconvenienced by her slumbering.

It hadn't been long since Marri had finished cooking, the food was still pipping hot as steam rolled off it. Marri sniffed the smell of food in the air, satisfied with his work. "It's been a couple of hours. Would you like some tea? Vaid should be up before long, the smell of food will wake him I'm sure. I'd dare to say he's starving. In fact I'd be willing to place a wager that he'll get up, eat all the food we haven't eaten, and immediately pass back out," Marri began to put a lot of food on a plate for both her and himself. Though both Marri and Lyra had used up a lot of energy in their last encounter none of it compared to what Vaid had done. He stopped one of the highest ranking mages in the three kingdoms with a single attack, as well as a small group of weaker but still formidable magic users. He also destroyed the Guard Tower, like all Elvish buildings it's strength is derived form the fact that the tree itself is still alive. He then translocated all three of them though a very powerful barrier designed to stop people from being able to come and go at will and on top of that he moved them without leaving a single trace of either the spell or their location.

• Love
Reactions: GreenLady
Lyra glanced at Vaid with a cautious look. "I don't remember much of what happened after the plants started to free me." She looked back at Marri, her hand snapping out to snatch a piece of food before she spoke again. "I'm sorry. I should have been more careful...this is all my fault..." she blew on the food to cool it and then stuck the piece into her mouth. Lyra sighed, shoulders slumping as she swallowed. "I want to become stronger...I want to be able to protect everyone."

"The first part of becoming stronger is learning to not blame yourself, Lyra. You didn't do anything wrong. This is OUR fault. We saw your promise, we told the powerful people of the government about you, and as a result they felt threatened and wanted your power all for yourself. However, that's in the past now. All we can do is rest up, start training, and complete our mission. You'll get strong soon enough, Lyra." Marri continued to eat his food. He felt the telepathic thread between himself and Vaid vibrate a little, Vaid was waking up.

Lyra nodded, sneaking another bite of food. "Is it okay with you if I take a walk? I won't wander far." She ate a few more bites before wiping her hands on her jeans. Pushing her hair back from her face, she ran fingers over her clothes, suddenly worried that she hadn't brought any changes of clothes or pins to hold back her hair.

"Sure go ahead and go for a walk. Don't go too far though, not for fear of people finding you but for fear or something living in the forest finding you plenty of tasty," Marri finished up his food and smiled as Lyra headed off for her walk. Once she was out of hearing distance Vaid slowly sat up, "I feel like death." He rolled himself off of the makeshift bed of leaves and grass he was on. With a loud groan he lifted himself off and then plopped himself back down next to Marri and began filling up a plate with food. "Oh I'm surprised you even had the mind capacity to say something to me," Marri nudged Vaid and laughed lightly. Vaid just smiled at Marri and quickly shoved food into his mouth.

Lyra wandered out of earshot of camp. Her fingers brushed the greenery and her jaw set in determination. She was going to get stronger...on her own or with their help. It didn't really matter to her. She continued to walk, eventually coming to a stop under a large tree. She pressed her palm against the bark and then opened herself up to hearing the plant life around her. She groaned as the flowers all spoke with their chatter like voices. The contrast of the squeaky grass, chattery flowers, and slow rumble of the trees was like a lullaby to her. After asking permission of the great oak, knowing how easily offended they could be, she climbed into its branches and smiled. Up here...up in the branches of such an old soul...that was where she truly belonged. She could care less of warfare or power, peace and quiet was more her style.

Though Marri was wrong about Vaid being close to a mute when he woke up he wasn't wrong about how long Vaid would be up. After he finished eating Vaid crawled back to bed and immediately fell back into a deep sleep. At this rate they would be here another three days, minimum, before Vaid would be in good enough of a condition to travel. Marri warded the area to alert all three of them should someone, or something, come close to their camp. Marri finished laying a few ward spells down and then headed off in the opposite direction to do some exploring and see what was in the general area.

((*GASP* You haven't replied?! Normally I'm the one slow to reply haha))

Marri continued on his walk, enjoying the sunlight and warm weather. It almost seemed impossible that just a day ago they were fighting to save Lyra. Marri shrugged the memories off and put a smile on his face. As he walked he let his fingers brush foliage and bark. After a while of walking Marri came to a clearing of sorts with a small creek running quietly under the shade of the trees. Marri pulled out a small piece of paper and wrote some runes on it then placed it on the water's surface. Even though the water was moving the paper didn't. Marri fed the runic some energy and the spell began to set into motion. Water slowly rolled up the paper and gathered in the center of the paper in a small drop. It floated a few inches above the paper and then the surface began to ripple with energy. After a few minutes the water droplet turned green, signaling that the water was safe to drink. Marri was glad, they could follow the creek for some time on their journey and have fresh water.

Lyra almost drifted off but a need to feel stronger suddenly rushed through her. Extending a hand, she watched as the green leaves and vines moved to wrap around it. A small smile played on her lips before she realized how dark it was getting. With help getting out of the tree from the vines, she raced back to camp only to find Marri gone and Vaid asleep. She rolled her eyes. She sat by the fire and sighed, running fingers through the grass.

Marri began his walk back to the camp as the sun started to dip low in the sky. Marri reveled in the feeling of the late day sunlight caressing his skin and warming his bones. It didn't take very long before Marri reached the camp to find Lyra there and Vaid still asleep. "Well, I suppose that it might be time to start cooking," Marri said to Lyra as he headed towards the dimensional door in the side of the old willow tree. "I would like to point out, Lyra, that you will eventually have to start hunting," Marri said over his shoulder as he muttered the incant that would unlock the dimensional portal.

Lyra followed as Marri opened the door. She poked her head in and smiled. "Hunting? I already know how to do that. Dad taught me..." she looked around the room. "You have books in here?"

"Vaid and I keep a lot of things here. The spell creates a inter-dimensional space within this dimension that allows us to store things here. It also allows us to control how to access this space. Once the door closes the room effectively vanishes from existence, so no living being could survive in this room once the door is closed and sealed," Marri walked into the room and gathered up a few things, a pan for cooking and some preserved rabbit meat for stew. He had to walk around a few rather large piles of items, it was almost impossible to tell what was all stacked throughout the room. "Now since you're an earth mage your task is to find us vegetables and spices to add to the stew, and as quickly as possible. Also, you Father may have taught you how to hunt. Did he teach you how to kill, skin, and dejoint?"

Lyra looked at Marri in confusion. "I don't know how to skill and dejoint...I can find vegetables and spices or I can grow them myself..." She wandered around the room, her fingers brushing the spines of books wistfully. "I don't want to be useless..." She picked up a book and smiled. "Marri? Can I borrow some books?"

Marri picked up a couple of books and held them out to Lyra, "Of course you can. You should check with us though before you take any books. We have collected books that hold very dangerous secretes. Secretes that will eat away at your soul just by reading them, unless you have had the proper training. If I'm correct there are even a few books hidden in here that Vaid couldn't even open. When you held the book you could hear it begin to whisper in your mind, Vaid claimed he felt the book trying to reach into his mind so he warded it and hid it away." Marri went about picking a few things up around the room and gathering a few things to take back to camp. "By the way the two books I handed you are on hunting animals with magic and how to skin and dejoint them. What was the book that you found?" Marri stood at the door and motioned for Lyra to head out with a gentlemanly sweep of his arm. Outside at the camp Vaid tossed and turned before finally sitting up. He ruffled his hair and then looked around, noticing that the door to Marri and his interdenominational space was open. So Vaid stood, found his shoes, and headed off into the forest to relieve himself. At first he waddled about on unsteady legs before steadying himself. "Damn High Council. I wouldn't be nearly this tired if they hadn't been so stupid."

"Of course. Ill make sure to ask." Lyra took the books he handed her and grimaced at the titles and as aMarri explained what they were for. She followed him, eyes sparkling with amusement as he made a gallant sweep and gesture for her to go first. She exited the tree and moved to sit by the fire. "Oh I just found an interesting book is all." She smiled softly, reluctant to admit she was researching her own magic. In her hands was a book on strengthening "simple" green magics.

Marri heard the note in Lyra's voice and decided to forget asking, he knew his student would be safe before sorry. "Well look who is up," Marri nodded at Vaid's empty bed. He could feel Vaid still moving away from them, he could also feel Vaid's energy slowly fading. It wasn't fading because he was in trouble, it was fading because Vaid was concealing it, Marri could tell the difference. Knowing that Vaid was up and moving, and well enough to suppress his own energy, brought a large smile to Marri's face. Soon their journey would finally begin, soon they would be traveling and training a student once again.

Lyra looked to Vaid's empty bedroll and she smiled. "Good! The further we get from the college, the better ill feel." She shivered, as if a cold wind had suddenly blown over her. She retreated into herself and a frown crossed her face as she briefly rememberred what had happened. She stood and clutched the books to her chest. "Is it okay if I wander around for a bit? I want to find a quiet place to read."

Marri knelt down on the ground and found a decent sized rock and took a sharp pencil from his pocket. He began writing on the rock until it was covered in runes. He stopped and turned the rock over several times to make sure that the runes were correct. Then with a smile Marri mumbled some incoherent words and then blew on the rock, softly. The runes glowed a soft yellow momentarily and then faded. "Just make sure to keep this on you. You haven't been joined with Vaid and I yet so searching for your magical energy can be difficult. Especially since you have yet to fully come into your magic yet and as such don't have your unique magical signature. Feel free to go for a walk, you may run into Vaid." Marri handed her the rock and then turned around to his dead rabbit. Marri grabbed the dead creature and started to walk away from the camp, it's always best to gut an animal far away from your camp, even if you can will the mess away. Before he got too far he turned slightly so he could look at Lyra, "We'll all feel happy to get further away from those idiots. Just keep studying Lyra and you'll do just fine, I promise." Marri turn away from Lyra again and started walking off, "Before long this will all be over and it'll just be a blurred memory for you." Marri chuckled and then vanished from sight.

Status
Not open for further replies.