A World of Our Own ~[Reborn]~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lyra sighed in joy as they strolled the gardens, hooking her arm into Vaid's and exclaiming happily over each new plant. She covered her yawn with a gentle hand as the light began to fade. "Oh...I would hate to leave now that I've found this haven..." she smiled sleepily and yawned once more. "I suppose you will want to leave in the morning?"

Vaid continued to stroll along with Lyra, smiling as she fawned over each plant. "I'd like you to be in the workroom slightly before first light so we can be on the road outside the city when dawn breaks. We have to travel far enough out of the city and it's surrounding hamlets for you to be able to tell us where we are going," Vaid grabbed a falling flower petal from the air. He took his arm out of Lyra's and cupped both hands around the petal, leaving only a small opening. He put his mouth to the opening in his hands and whispered a few words. When he opened his hand the flower had runes scribbled all across it but the runes seems to more have grown up from the surface of the petal than having been written. Vaid blew on the petal and it began to float upwards until it couldn't be seen anymore. "Wait for it," Vaid said with a hand up. A few long seconds later flower petals began to slowly fall from the sky, as if it were raining petals.

Lyra gave a childlike cry of enthisiasm and grabbed a petal from the air. "I wish I. Could do that." She mumbled, stroking the petals that had landed in her hand. She beamed at Vaid and turned back towards the school. "I will see you in the workroom."

Vaid said his goodbyes for the evening and walked towards the end of the garden he had come from. With a few murmured words and piece of paper with runes scrawled on it Vaid translocated himself to the workroom. There was Marri, looking refreshed but irritated. "What did they say?" Vaid asked him, checking around the room to make sure everything was where he had left it. "They don't want her out of their site and forbade us leaving with her," Marri told Vaid, knowing what the reply would be. "Of course they don't want her out of her sight. If we can train her to do what she needs to do every nation will want her. Imagine the siege weapons she could grow, the magical beasts she could call forth and chain to this plane, and all the other benefits her magic could bring to war. Or perhaps they want her to make them a creature that vomits diamonds so they can get rich. No, we will leave and they won't be able to stop us. Lyra will get her training and when she is trained we will save the other kingdoms and then vanish before they can capture her," Vaid said all this with confidence and very little irritation. Marri was surprised, Vaid must have done some growing up. In days past he may have gone stomping off to the Council with intentions of kicking the door down and telling them all where they could go. "Well how do you plan to leave then? They'll have other magic users there. A Council Member may even show up to stop us." Marri wasn't looking forward to whatever Vaid had planned. His schemes were always crazy and very dangerous. "Well we have some options. Try to sneak out tonight but then we risk running into a tracking web and then they'll be able to chase us for weeks. We could use our talisman to rip a hole large enough in the translocation barrier but then they'll be able to track where we translocate to by tracing the shreds of the shield from the hole. With them watching us the only way to get out without later being tracked is to walk out the front. So that's what we will do. We need a few things. You need to make a spell that will cause a pretty heavy summer shower. I will create a spell that will refract our image in every droplet. It'll look like we are everywhere, moving every direction at once, and there will be thousands of us. Once we are outside of the gates we will just translocate and be gone. Simple," Vaid smiled and pulled out some paper and began writing out plans for his spell, what he would need, and various formulas. Marri stared at him for a few minutes and then began his own half of the work. The plan was a good one, they might have to force some people out of the way, but it wasn't anything they couldn't handle. It was only about an hour later that both finished their spells and finished preparing. Vaid began by drawing out the circle on the ground that he and Marri would use to channel their magic to start the sun shower when they would want it. Weather magic took a lot of preparation, as the spell had to be cast and fed magic well before the designated time the effects were desired. Once the circle was done the two sat on the edges of it and began the spell. They each murmured their parts of the spell, runes within the circle below them glowed in response to the oral wrappings. The spell began to set in motion as the weather began to change slightly in response. The two stood up, dismissed the circle, and cleansed the shop of magic. "Do we tell Lyra of our plan?" Marri asked as they started to head out of the work room. "Of course, if we have time. I hope she shows up a few minutes early." With that the two headed to their rooms for some much needed rest.

Lyra slept fitfully. Nightmares plagued her and the few times she woke, her bedroom window was open. She would shut it each time only to be left with a feeling of dread. She eventually fell into a deep slumber.

Lyra was awoken sometime past midnight by her lily screeching in panic and pain. She sat up in bed, coughing at the mist that had seemed to form inside of her room. In the midst was a mage she didn't recognize, but wearing the familiar council robes. Her body felt heavy and she realized the mist was a spelled one. She screamed as her lily's pain at being spelled affected her. Without thinking, she raised her hands towards the mage. The vines and plants outside the tower all gave a screech and came to her aid. Long,thick tendrils of climbing vine shot through the open window to wrap around the mage. The mist flickered for a moment before deepening and Lyra fought off a feeling of heaviness. She raised her hand, hoping that a plant near to Vaid, or even her own mentor would get the message out. Now she knew why her window was constantly opening. It was all a test for tonight.

Vaid was fast asleep in his bed when he felt the change in his room. He sat up quickly, feeling his entire room whispering to him. As he wasn't a magic user in tune with the elements he couldn't quite make out the whisper, but a gut feeling told him Lyra was in trouble. Vaid sent Marri a wake up call though a telepathic connection, 'Put everything we need into the dimensional room and get ready to go. Something has happened to Lyra.' Marri didn't reply but Vaid could feel his acknowledgement, talking over a telepathic connection always had a chance that someone else could be listening in. Vaid stood up from his bed and began to walk towards his door, with a thought his night clothes vanished and were replaced with his traveling clothes. Vaid walked into the night and looked around him, everywhere thick fog floated about and was only getting thicker. Vaid reached out his and Marri's weather spell and snapped the connection that would make it activate. Suddenly water began to pour out of the sky, the rain wouldn't so much dissipate the fog but would disrupt any spells within the fog, as long as the spell was in the form of a chain effect. Vaid summoned his power about him and then vanished, reappearing in Lyra's room. She wasn't there, he bed sheets were tossed here and there as if a struggle had occurred. 'I should have listened to her when she was worried about her window,' Vaid said to himself. He sat down on her bed and drew a rune in the sheets. He began to concentrate as the words to the spell came to his lips. He felt his blood begin to boil in his veins, Vaid gritted his teeth against the pain. Images of Lyra being taken away began to flash before his closed eyes and a few drops of blood dripped from his nose.

Reactions: GreenLady
Lyra had fought valiantly but the spell hit her full force and her energy was being sapped. Every plant within a mile radius had been touched and fueled into growth by her magic, panic making her stupid to the amount of magic she poured out. The council member approached her and put a hand over her lips, silencing her screams. She reached for her lily but suddenly felt a wrenching in her gut as she was taken to a room somewhere below hers.

She hadn't grabbed her lily in time. She realized with a sob. If she was being taken away, she wanted some comfort. The council member stepped away from her and she blinked. There was a torch and she was rested on a mattress. There were bars over the window and the door and she cried as she realized she was imprisoned. "Until you become our weapon...you will stay here. Marri and Vaid were foolish to think they could hog your abilities." The mage said and then disappeared. Lyra felt weak and drained, depression sinking in easily. She reached a hand towards the window, straining to feel any plant life. She heard weeds call in reply as well as some seeds in the soil. She was tapped out magically...she closed her eyes, trying to see her lily. She felt it reply in concern before one of its roots wriggled free of the pot and wrapped around something.

"Vaid?" She whispered, feeling his arm wrapped in a root from the lily.

Vaid gasped in pain as the vision flowed though his head. The majority of it was obscured, whoever had taken Lyra knew enough to bleed their energy into the room so seeing backwards in time became almost impossible. Suddenly Vaid saw a dirty wooden floor, heavy metal bars, and the gleaming shapes of imprisoning runes on a wall. "The dungeon, eh? Well time to go get Lyra," Vaid stood briskly and then abruptly sitting back down again, the blood had rushed to his head and he needed a second to catch his breath. Once his vision was steady he stood again, slowly this time, and waited for Marri. Scant minutes later Marri came walking into the door, weapons strapped to his waist and Vaid's weapons and armor in hand. "Shall we go get our student then?" Marri asked in a cheerful voice. Vaid replied by summoning his armor onto himself, his sword to his waist and daggers on his back. The two wouldn't be able to translocate into the dungeon, they would have to walk in. Vaid and Marri instead translocated to the front of the guard house, where the entrance to the dungeons was. Waiting for them were several guards and magic users as well as a council member. "Vaid.... Marri.... You know we can't let you take her off our hands. There's no telling what you two would do to her, what you would turn her into," the Council member said with a smile on his face. "Who do you exactly think you are? Do you know who you're talking to?" Vaid asked the Council member with a flat voice and straight face. Everyone's faces before them turned to shock, the Councilor's face was dumb founded. "Well you seem to have forgotten who we are. So let us remind you why Marri and I forced all three nations to sign a document declaring us free from any one nation's control," Vaid held out his right hand, palm down, and began saying his spell. As he spoke his voice got louder, the trees carried his voice as a whisper throughout the forest, the wind began to pick up. "STOP THEM!" The Councilor yelled. The guards rushed forward first, but Marri was there to meet him. Long sword in hand he mutter the incants that would make him powerful. Tattoos of runes flooded up from the bottom of his skin and settled there and began to glow. Marri began his dance as the first guard neared striking distance. The runes on his blade flared to life as he dodged the first strike and slid his blade up into a gap in the armor. The Elvish guard fell to the ground with a thud and soon after the guard's friends joined him. Marri danced between opponents, striking fast and accurately. He'd parry a blow only to give himself time to wait for an enemy to his side to show an opening and then Marri would strike him down. As Marri finished laying the last guard to rest Vaid's spell finished. The air dropped still and above the back of Vaid's palm a small ball of energy began to form. Eventually it began to take the form of a sphere made up of seemingly smaller and smaller circles. Runes danced in a golden glow throughout the sphere and when Vaid's eyes opened runes danced in his eyes. "Let's begin," Vaid said with a smile as the sphere disappeared into his skin leaving behind a very complicated runic circle glowing on his hand.

• Love
Lyra attempted to sit up on the mattress, only to have a spell push her back down. Anger flooded through her and she raised both hands, calling on the last of her magic. She felt the plant life respond, shooting roots deep into the earth. The roots grabbed the stone of her prison and began to pull, fighting against the runes holding her captive. Her strength suddenly fled her and she panted as she lay on the matttress. Her face was pale as death, blood streamed from her nose and she was covered in a cold sweat. But she was free, she realized as she watched roots tear into rock and keep it from falling on her. She tried to sit up, but realized her body was refusing to cooperate. "Vaid...please hurry..." she whimpered. There was no way she was walking out on her own feet...not with how new to magic she was and how much magic she used.

Vaid and Marri suddenly felt a tug on their magic, the runes holding Lyra had been broken somehow and they could once again feel her. After this the three of them would have to strengthen their telepathic bond so not even runes could hide them from each other. "Well it seems Lyra has broken your prison," Vaid laughed a little and then began to call forth his spells. The sphere he controlled was known as The Circle. The Circle was a special form a runic in that it absorbs and remembers every spell, incant, and rune the user has ever understood. It then hold all the information allowing the user to call upon it with just a thought. With The Circle a magic user could cast a spell that requires runes and would normally take time to set those runes up and recite the complicated in seconds. The Councilor attacked before Vaid could do much, as a non-elemental magic user he was as quick as Marri and Vaid. He threw out a piece of paper in front of him and quickly recited the spell. Balls of energy began to form in front of him and once they condensed he would fling them at Vaid. Vaid reached for a shielding spell and with a thought the runes flowed out of his hand, laid themselves on the earth, and flared to life. A shield composed of thousands of smaller shields covered Vaid, the balls of energy exploded upon impact with the shield. Though the shield held Vaid could feel the echoes of the blasts hit him like a rock wall. Vaid quickly gasped for air and dropped his shield so he could counter. Runes flooded from his hand and floated in the air, Vaid murmured a few words, and the flared to life. Between the two of them a very small ball of black energy began to form. It kept building, but the ball never got bigger. Lighting began to jump from nearby areas to the ball. Suddenly the air calmed, the tiny black ball floated in the air, moving around in a small area rapidly. Vaid thrust both his hands forward and the ball of energy exploded in a blast that the whole city would be able to hear, dirt filled the air, and electricity danced in the area around them as it dissipated from the blast. When the dirt settled all of the magic users were on their back, either dead of knocked out. The Councilor slowly lifted himself up, blood dripping from his mouth and nose. He coughed and a small puddle of blood escaped his lips. He looked up and behind him the only thing that remained of the guard house was the entrance down to the dungeons. Small pieces of wood began to fall from the air, pieces of the guard house. Vaid walked past the Councilor as if he wasn't even there, Marri right behind him. Vaid stopped suddenly and spoke over his shoulder, "We're leaving with Lyra. How many High Councilors you want dead and how much of this city you'd like to see in rubble is all up to you and your precious High Council," the two descended into the dungeon.

((I actually fell like I left out tons of detail in this.))

((I enjoyed it))

Lyra faintly heard the sound of feet coming down the stairs and she wiped the blood from her nose. Thorny branches came down from the ceiling and encased her in a protective shell. She frowned, struggling to concentrate on things. "Vaid?" She croaked, trying to push the branches aside weakly with her magic. "They won't listen to me..." she mumbled, shaking her head and sighing.

Vaid and Marri came down the stairs to see Lyra trying to get past the branches. Marri touched the branches as they came to a stop before the cell. Marri began to envelope the branches with energy and then began to move the branches aside so he and Vaid could step inside. Once the branches had been moved the two quickly stepped in and allowed the branches to cover the entrance again. Marri let the magic go and the branches snapped back into place with a loud crack. Marri picked up Lyra as Vaid busied himself with destroying some of the runes that might make leaving harder than it'd already be. Once that was done Vaid turned to Marri, "Are you ready?" Marri gave a nod and stepped closer to Vaid, Lyra safely in his arms. Vaid raised his arm until it pointed straight out and began to concentrate. The Circle began to raise out of the back of his hand, the tattoo vanishing as The Circle lifted away from Vaid. Once out The Circle began to spin and a runic circle appeared below them. It glowed bright yellow, the runes and lines shifted quickly, almost as if they couldn't decide on the spell they wanted to cast. Then all the sudden everything stopped moving and glowed brighter and brighter. The Circle above Vaid's hand began to expand until the orb surrounded all three of them. Vaid shouted a word, it sounded like gibberish, and then the sound of rushing wind filled everyone's ears as they began to move though space. Suddenly they came to a stop in some remote part of the woods a hundred miles away, the sun was beginning it's decent and the birds sang in the sky. Vaid gave Marri a big smile, blood flowed slowly from his nose. "I don't think I'll be going very far old friend," Vaid said in a slurred tone as he crumpled to his knees and then fell over unconscious. "Well if you hadn't just saved us all from what was likely waiting on the ground level of that city I might be irritated," Marri smiled at Vaid as he set Lyra down. He then walked over to Vaid to stop his bleeding nose and clean him up. Marri called a few incants to the surface of his skin and in response tattoos seemed to climb to the surface of his skin and settle there. Though settling might be the wrong word as even though they seemed to stationary the ink itself seemed to still be squirming and waving. With enhanced endurance, speed, and strength, Marri lifted Vaid onto on shoulder and Lyra onto the other. Whistling Marri set off down the path they had appeared on, enjoying the warmth and sounds of the forest.

((Sorry it took so long!! I had a few ideas of how I wanted the next part to go but every time I thought about it I didn't like how it played out. So I got on today, determined to post, and this just came to me. By far much better than the other idea I had! My favorite part about this is I feel like I just ended a chapter of a book and I'm ready to start the next one.))

• Love
((Gah! Loved it!)

Lyra had held tightly to Marri the whole time. That is, until she was slung over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. She squirmed. "I can walk..." she whispered, mouth dry. She suddenly thought about her poor lily and broke down into sobs. "Please put me down..."

Marri stopped and let Lyra off his shoulder but he didn't move on. "You're not fine. The time between you said I can walk and Please put me down was about two hours. It's fine though. We're going to stay here for a few days if not longer," Marri also laid Vaid down against a giant weeping willow tree. The sun was much lower now but deep inside the old willow's branches it was almost night. Marri start getting things set up for the night. He pulled a folded piece of paper from his pocket and unfolded it against the ground. The paper was covered with complex runes, the only part of it that wasn't covered was in the shape of a hand print. Marri placed his hand on the space and uttered a short incant. The runes replied to the incant by seeming to shimmer for a short moment. Suddenly a door began to form in the side of the tree, it looked as natural as if the door had been there the whole time.

Lyra wobbled on her feet before going to sit beside the unconcious Vaid. "I see..." she watched the door appear and yawned sleepily. "My poor lily...I left her behindd..." she was tempted to reach out for it wiith her magic but was far too drained to even attempt it. She leaned back against the willow and dozed.

Marri used his fingers to write out some complicated runes into the air. The runes glowed in the air, hanging there for only a moment before slowly fading away. Though they had faded from sight you could still feel their presence in the air. "Lyra it's not like it's the only lily out there," Marri told her with a sternness in his voice. She would need to learn to let the little things go, weeping over a flower was weak and weakness would get her killed.

In the Council Room the members of the Council gather, that is except the one that had been defeated. After Marri and Vaid had descended to the cells below the guard house the Council gathered around, ready to stop Vaid and Marri once they came to the surface. However, that never came. After a while they moved downstairs to try and figure out what had happened. Once the walked down the narrow and winding staircase they came out into the entrance chamber of the dungeons. Once could hear the faint crying of others who were imprisoned there. The Council ignored the cries of their prisoners as they headed to the back towards where Lyra was being held. They rounded the corner and stopped in their tracks, the cell was not only sealed off by giant branches and roots that refused to move but it was also completely empty. After several hours of work the Council still couldn't move the blockage, so they used brute force to tear the blockage away. Once inside the Council began to cast spells and draw runes in an attempt to find where their captives had gone. They could find nothing. No magical residue, no echo of where they landed, not even the faintest hint of what spell or set of runes had been used. The Council now sat in their chambers, prepared to discuss what had happened and how they were not only get Lyra back but also keep this incident out of the ears of the other Kingdoms and away from the people of their own Kingdom.

((I'm at work with nothing to do so I'm keeping myself busy by writing filler haha))

((Oh I wish I had known! I would have entertained you))

Lyra sighed and looked up at Marri. "I'm sorry. I just feel badly for it. It tried to take care of me and I forgot it...plus...it has a magical tie to me. If the Council thinks to torture it for information." She sniffled, wiping at her eyes and trying to keep from crying. She rest her head on Vaid's chest and triied to fight off sleep. "I can't go anymore. I need to sleep..."

"Then sleep, Lyra. We aren't planning on going anywhere for a couple of days," Marri placed his hand on the door handle and felt it come to life. The handle reacted to his touch by turning on its own, the door swung up silently. Inside there was a faint light and lots of random items on shelves, in piles on the floor, but in the middle of the room was the most important pile. Marri walked over to it and grabbed some cookware to start making food.

Lyra sighed, drifting off to sleep easily. Her dreams a giant nightmare of the last few hours. Her mind registered the fact she was warm and safe now. She shifted around in her sleep until her subconscious recognized the scent of food and her stomach ruumbled in response. Even then, she was slow to awaken without the presence of her familiar plants.

Status
Not open for further replies.