Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lumiel

Original poster
The OOC and sign ups!

This is the world of Gazak. spanning four continents and vast oceans. Empires have been born, and they have fallen. Civilizations crumbled, and despots have been deposed. Time has ebbed and flowed, there have been no great eras of peace, no cataclysmic wars for the fate of the world. The modern era is what you would expect, nations rule over territory, and wars come and go. Caravans crisscross the world, and kings vie for power.

One such king, The ruler of Carica, has decided that he will be the king to re-create the glory days of the Carican Empire.

In the north, civil war rages as the three princes of Urre try to decide the next Vicar.

Deep in the south, a man desperately tries to rally his barbarian peoples and form a new nation.

And in the center of the largest continent, a Queen takes her throne, poised to make sure her name goes down in history.

This is where the world begins. It shall be a grand adventure of our own design, starting in one place and going wherever our writings decide. The only constant in this world and role play is this: Adventure.

Garak.jpg

The woods stood tall, and the canopy softened the summer heat beneath. Birds darted from branch to branch, and the sound of leaves being disturbed was abundant. Aside from deer and rabbits, one of these disruptions was Crion. He poked his way through the underbrush, crouched down to see every detail of whatever plant he was looking at, and then quickly cursed and stood back up. This went on for several more plants, each one looking exactly the same, or so it seemed. In an act of desperation, the priest looked up, seemingly to utter a prayer. "Lord Gammon, why must it be so hard to locate shimmer-leaf? Am I meant to not be able to use it?"

The silence sent him scowling back at the forest floor, and he continued making his way through the grove of blue-green shrubs.

Darion couldn't believe the thickness of the woods before him. Why the heck was he even bothering to do this again? Because some kid, a kid of all people, said there was some sort of hidden map deep within the forest. Map to what, and why? Darion muttered to himself pushing endless amounts of greenery out of his way. There had better at least some sort of rare rock he could take back home to place on the mantle. .

Maybe there would be some sort of monstrous bear terrorizing some cubs and he could fight for the hell of it. .

The endless shrubbery all looked exactly the same, and even an expert like Crion was getting fed up and exhausted in his attempts to locate this very specific species of plant. Finally, he huffed a last exasperated breath and heavily sat on the closest large rock he could find. He pulled around a bag strapped at his side, and rummaged through it looking for a jar. This he found quickly, and held it up to eye level.

Within the jar was an insecticide creature. It was the general shape of a human, albeit covered in chitin like a suit of armor, and it's head held Mantis eyes that gave it an almost grotesque look. The creature hissed as Crion peered inside, a feeble attempt at intimidation. He quickly opened the jar and the creature darted out, it's dragonfly-like wings frantically carrying it away, through the trees, and right into Darion's face.

This seemed so pointless! Where in the hell was this damn map? If he didn't find anything in the next five minutes, he was going to turn around. As much as Darion felt the need to give that boy who told this lie a noogie, it was probably better if he just went home and actually tried to find somewhere worth going..

Keeping his word, he swiftly turned around and began heading back. What a let down, but at least it was a nice escape from town for a while. Now to go back and..Just live life he guessed. As he thought it was just a long dull walk home something hit him in the face. How did he not see it? Whatever it was was now on the ground and likely very annoyed that Darion was in its path.

Well..It did start bickering.
And it went on..

...And on..

AND ON.

Finally Darion had enough. Balling up his right hand into a fist and punching the fairy, dragon thing right into the ground. The creature sent out a loud shriek as it squashed into the ground.

Crion began following the fairy, hoping it would lead him to the shimmer-leaf so that he would not have to check each plant for the glittering underside of the leaves. Unfortunately, the plan did not go as expected, and the fairy met a brutal and unceremonious end. Today just wasn't Crion's day.

"Damn you, do you realize how hard that little bastard was to catch?" He said. He began making his way over to the stranger, his anger extremely apparent. He looked at the tiny corpse in the ground, and sighed in frustration. "Give me a reason that I shouldn't have the gods curse you!" The lack of truth behind the threat was only slightly apparent, though Darion would be able to tell that the man was a priest. Which god he served, however, was more of a mystery.

"Who the hell are you anyway?"

Huh.

He expected the fairy creature to at least get back up and flutter off into the distance. Guess his fist was just a bit more then it could handle. Oh well. Guess he didn't know the power of his own fist. But he did have a pretty good sense of hearing, and boy did he sure get an earful from crazy goon. Who the heck was this guy anyway? Why was he following some pixie around?

Darion folded his arms across his chest as he listened to the guy go on and on about some wrath of god and being curse. Typical stuff they'd say in the stories. He didn't believe it though until it happened. In fact it made for an nice escape from the berating he suffered and soon found himself off in a trance recalling previous adventures..

"Wha?..Oh.. Me? I'm Darion. I'm from the town just north of here."

His eyebrow perked as he inspected this guy. Seems like he was straight off a corner somewhere and had recently been begging people for coin. Maybe it would've been rude to directly ask that and decided to try another approach.

"Are you some type of homeless doomsayer?"

Reactions: Lumiel
Avarice quietly stalked through the forest. His target was some kind of priest and he would nee to be careful. He heard an argument in the distance and climbed into the trees. He carefully and quietly crept through the canopy and watched the argument unfold. One of them was going on about curses and gods and the other was obviously miles away. Ugh, he hated religious nuts. He almost laughed when the other guy, Darion apparently, asked if he was homeless. Did humans have any tact? Then he noticed the priest looked oddly familiar. he took out the sketch of his target, almost an exact likeness. he took out his throwing daggers and carefully aimed.

The priest frowned, and glared at the man. "I am a servant of Gammon. You know, the god of healing? Patron of physicians, scholars and lords? Any of this ringing a bell?" Crion ended his short sermon with a sigh, and shook his head. "North of here? Aluria? I suppose that explains your ignorance...is there even a temple in that place?" He went on asking more questions than anything else, until he finally ran out of things to say. He looked at the man for a moment, and pulled out a vial of a lavender, shimmering liquid that radiated with light, a holy presence emanating from it.

"This, my ignorant friend, is the Light of Gammon, a sacred healing salve that speeds the mending of flesh. This is my last bottle. Know the most important ingredient?" He asked with a bit of an attitude. "It's Shimmer-leaf. And do you know where fairies fly to regain their magic?" He said, this time waiting for an answer.

Darion just stared at this crazy servant guy. Darion was the last one to know anything about religion or even gods, lords or that stuff. Usually caused way too much conflict and drama for his tastes. But he did know about places and temples. Aluria was where he hailed from for many years. "The temple is there, its just..REAAALLLLLY small." Nodding his head in confirmation, take that crazy homeless priest!

"Sacred healing salve the increases healing speed? Sounds pretty nifty! Is it done?" Darion blocked out the last part of the remark by the man. If he could have those salves when it came time for a big fight, or long expedition.. There'd be no need to go back to town for anything! Then he mentioned the fairy..Oh..Is that what he?..

Whoops.

"Ohhh...."

He threw the dagger but at the exact moment he did the branch beneath him cracked and he had to catch himself before he fell to the ground. He scampered higher into the canopy hiding himself from view. He took out his Cutlass just in case. And quietly, to quiet to hear, he began to sing, "Ring around the rosy, pocket full of posy. Ashes, ashes, we all fall down."

Crion shook his head, then looked up at the man. "Well...at least you understand what the problem is." He said, then registered the man's question. "It is...but I can't make more until I find more shimmer-leaf..." He looked the man up and town, and proceeded to tap his chin, looking around at the various plants at their feet. "Tell you what...I will make you a vial if you help me fi-"

Crion was cut off as the sound of a breaking branch was heard. His head darted in the direction of the sound, and saw a knife of some kind hit the tree off to their right. "Damn bandits." He said, and reached back into his bag to take our a rod inlaid with oynx and quartz, sacred gemstones of the god Gammon. "Get out of the damn trees before I set this off. I doubt you'll be able to move when the very air gets hotter than boiling water." He said, holding the sacred object aloft. A faint glow emanated from the quartz, and the presence of a rather powerful god was apparent.

"I might not know everything that is going on..But I'm aware of some things." Least he could admit he was observant of the area around him. And if this old talking potato sack wearing guy needed some help making a powerful salve, then who was Darion to deny a simple quest? Perhaps he'd shower him in thousands of vials! But what the heck was a shimmer-leaf? It didn't click in his collection of memories what one looked like, or if he even saw one. Darion tapped his chin trying his best, but to no avail. He was going to have to take the word of his new comrade.

"Very well. I'll help you find this pla...Eh?"

The branch in the distance caught his attention too. His body turned to the direction of the tree on the right hand side where he could just make out some slight rustling. Oh-ho? What was in there? Could this be the action that he longed to find? A slight grin formed on the corner of his mouth as he readied himself for whatever was up in the tree. Heck! He punched a fairy, why not add a squirrel or some magic pigeon to the list too?

In the corner of his eyes he caught sight of the Potato-Sack man pulling out a hell of a fancy rod. Darion's eyes widened at the sight. Where did he even find something like that?! There was more to this guy then he originally thought. Maybe helping him would be an adventure after all.

"Hotter then boiling water huh? We don't even know if it IS a bandit, Vegetable-Man. Let me go see.."

Darion began to step towards the tree. He wasn't very careful in his steps because he sort of wanted the thrill of not knowing what was up there..Maybe a ferocious armored bear. The ideas just kept circling. Once he was in range of the large trunk, he looked to see it was no young tree either, pretty up there in age. But how to go about this.. Should he shake it lightly? Maybe call up and see who's up there?

Nah. Too plain.
Just punch the tree.

So Darion, pulled back his arm, forming a fist and then released it upon the trunk. Followed by another. The intensity of his fists would cause the rustling to rustle twice as hard and make it very unstable to stay on the branches for long. Plus, there was no relent from him, swift and accurate with each punch.

"Don't worry! I'll help you down, magic bear!"

Avarice almost growled. He took out another dagger and threw it at the insolent idiot. Unfortunately, today wasn't his day, he missed and quickly darted to another tree. He wasn't here for him any way. He dropped to the ground, raised his sword and began to bring it down on the priest's shoulder. But he stopped half way and staggered back, coughing and gagging. The damn artifacts were hurting him bad. He glared at the priest and uttered a string of curses in the Demonic language before collapsing to his knees wheezing "Damned Holy man."

Last edited by a moderator:
The language was foreign to him, but Crion recognized is as demonic almost instantly. He held the staff in the direction of the demon, it's effect even more devastating for a demon. "And what's this then? A damned beast given human form?" He glared down at what appeared to be a man, and then glanced up at Darion. "You say there is a temple in your town, aye? Is the priest there able to perform banishments?" He asked, returning his gaze to the demon. "In Gammon's name, I demand yours."

Well that was unexpected. .

Darion just eyed the dagger for a moment then over towards the being that was now retreating slightly. Vegetable man's rod was more then just a fancy it seemed. And the being was more then a man as well. Darion looked up the tree canopy aboved and thanked whomever for the start of a great adventure.

He joined the two in their confrontation, surprised quickly by the question that Vegetable-Man threw at him. Oh, if only he knew the priest their well enough, or even went to church that was. He shook his head with a shrug. "I don't visit there at all, I'm not exactly the religious type of guy..But don't think you're being a bit quick on the banishment?"

How odd, Darion was defending some demon who threw a knife at him. But that was how he was.

Taking a few steps towards the creature, he nodded in a more friendlier greeting.

"I say we hear him out, Vegetable-Man."

Avarice glared at the both of them. Until he lowered that damned staff, he was to weak to move, and he couldn't use magic in this state as all of his had to draw on demonic forces. He growled and shrunk away, "Bastard Holy Man! I've half a mind to curse you to Death!" A stabbing pain shot threw him and he uttered another string of curses. He glared at Darion, "What do you want to know?." He could be understood, but years of speaking in the demonic language made it come out as more of a growl than actual words. He kept his hand on his daggers, just in case.

"I won't give you the chance, hell-spawn." he snapped. He then looked over at Darian. Hear the demon out? Was he insane? "Why would we listen to a servant of darkness at all? The only reason I haven't banished him myself is because there is no temple nearby and your town is closer." He glared at both of them, and stepped back, lowering the rod to his side. It's power dissipated, but the demon would know better too get to close to it. "He can talk on his way to Aluria." He said, pointing North with his free hand. "On your feet, demon."

Avarice growled at the damned priest then barked a cold cruel laugh , "I'd rather go back to Lucifer than listen to a worthless Priest! Go on, do your worst." A wicked smile crossed his face, "Go one, spill my blood. I dare you. Or are you to much of a coward!" He was goading him on, if he could just get the priest close enough...

This was escalating way too quick for his liking..

The demon was getting riled up, and Vegetable man wasn't helping calm the situation much. Darion knew that no matter which one of them attacked or caved first it would get pretty ugly. He didn't want to have to get involved extremely, but nor was he going to let the two go at each other like kids.

"Hey you two! QUIT IT!" His voice boomed between the two before looking at both of them.

"You never know WHY the demon is here in the first place, Vegetable-Man.." His gaze then slowly shifted over towards the bloodthirsty demon with a squint. "And, the priest may be a bit hard-headed..But he's just not familiar with your kind."

At this point, joining the temple and council of town wouldn't have been a bad idea if this all worked out like he planned.

Status
Not open for further replies.