A summer in Italy

Status
Not open for further replies.
James laughed again as he moved to press his back against the wall while watching her relatives' reactions. Then he heard a familiar voice and turned his head to look at her with a somewhat cocky grin. "I did, of course, I'm involved in pretty much all of them."

"Oi, oi, that's you're fault for wanting to take your time to explore around and not check your phone. You should have figured I'd get bored." He replied with a shrug and an amused expression at Cheyenne's expense. "Hey, it's fun to recite all your embarrassing stories because they're funny and I like to tease you."

Just as he was about to say anything else, he and Cheyenne were soon bombarded by questions from her aunt. So this was were she got her fast talking from, quite impressive. "I had fun." He agreed, "Last night was pretty good, the concert was great, and thank you but right now I'm not that hungry." James admitted with a smile once there was an opportunity for him to speak out.

Hearing her uncle's question caused him to stiffen slightly, James really didn't know how to answer or talk about the first half. But seeing Cheyenne's expression and feeling her bump him caused the young man to calm down.

"It was nice and everything went pretty....." James trailed off for a few moments while he pondered how to finish it, then he got an idea. "Amazing." The arm Cheyenne was next to move until it wrapped around her waist and then pulled her close to his side. "Seeing how Cheyenne kissed me last night which led to her telling me today that she loves me." He added with a large, toothy, grin.

Cheyenne blushed deeply as she heard him, but thankfully it was too dark to tell. She pushed away from James and laughed."You wish loser,"she says stand beside her aunt now."I didn't do either of those things. He's just imagining it all,"she tells them, avoiding eye contact with James.

She turned towards her aunt and uncle for a minute with her back towards James."Actually, you know what? I'm really craving a milkshake right now. Want to come get one with me?"she asked her aunt, pulling her arm towards the door. Once she forced them both out of the house, Cheyenne walked beside her aunt in silence, not sure if should've left James alone with her uncle.

Cheyenne sighed slightly and looked at her aunt."I don't know what to do about him..."she says. Her aunt smiles."Well did you kiss him last night? What exactly happened?"she says smiling, eager to talk to a girl. Although her aunt loved her husband very much, she never had kids and she loved talking to Cheyenne because it made her feel like a mom.

Cheyenne and her aunt had always been very close and even when they moved to Italy, they kept in contact and they always talked about boys or other girl things, but Cheyenne aunt had never heard Cheyenne talk about James like she liked him, but she somehow knew that some hinges would happen between the two eventually.

While Cheyenne explained everything that she could remember last night, which wasn't much, and everything that had happened today, her aunt listened and nodded along. After they bought milkshakes, they walked home and talked more about what to do.

James looked over at Cheyenne, arching a brow with an amused look when she pulled away and reprimanded him. "Yeah, yeah." He mocked while waving a hand slightly in a dismissive gesture. "What ever you say." Teasing the young man turned away slightly to pick up the candy bar he had been snacking on and took a bite.

While she planned her little escape he simply stood there while looking at her back, amused with how she was acting. This was one of the reasons why he liked her, she was so easily embarrassed about things and it made her even cuter. "Huh. It seems like she's escaped, oh well, she'll have to come back sooner or later." He tossed the empty wrapper into the trash bin with a chuckle.

"So...you two kissed and Cheyenne said you loved her?" Her uncle questioned with a curious expression. While he wasn't in the loop like his wife was with their niece, something seemed a little odd with how she acted after this boy said all of that. "Well, apparently to her it must have been my imagination. Maybe a mermaid kissed me while we at the beach then."

The two men simply stood there in silence after that and stared at one another. Almost as if they were sizing each other up to see what they were good at and what flaws they had. "I see...then maybe it was your imagination then." Cheyenne's uncle remarked which James only replied with a shrug.

When the two would arrive back home, they would see James and Cheyenne's uncle hunching over the table; their hands locked in a battle to see who was stronger. The older man seemed to be genially trying while James seemed more like he was amused and toying with his opponent.

Cheyenne and her aunt walked through the door and into the kitchen where they saw the two boys arm wrestling. Cheyenne rolled her eyes and could tell that James wasn't trying and it made her laugh a little at her uncles effort.

"Come on, don't break the table you two,"her aunt laughed swatting at her husbands hand. Cheyenne sat beside her aunt against the counter and took another drink of her milkshake and yawned."I think I'm gonna go watch a movie, want to come with?"she asks. They walk back into the living room and Cheyenne sits on the love seat while her aunt sits on the couch.

They turn a movie on and they begin watching it, while Cheyenne tries to stay awake. She lays her legs out on the seat and lays her head on the arm rest, closing her eyes and yawning as the boys walk into the living room. She opened her against again and watched the movie a bit longer.

Cheyenne reach for her milkshake and took another drink before sitting it down and yawning. As the movie became familiar to her, she tried to stay awake, but eventually fell asleep. She mumbled in her sleep and rolled over so her back was facing the tv.

When you spent most of your life fighting people something like this was mere child's play to you. But James still allowed his arm to dip slightly to keep Cheyenne's uncle interested in the battle he had chosen without giving up.

After her aunt swatted the uncle's hand, it was instantly against the table as James let go with a small look of victory. That had been a good opportunity to win the game wile keeping the older man's dignity in tact, even if it was only a little. The two looked at one another then shrugged before getting up and pushing their seats back under the table and walked into the living room.

While Cheyenne's uncle sat next to his wife, James stayed more towards the edge of the room and simply stood. He just didn't feel like sitting down for the moment and just leaned against the wall, mainly looking out the window but gazing at the movie now and then. It really didn't interest him.

"I swear, and she was the one telling me I needed sleep." Sighing James grabbed his jacket and moved over to the love seat, draping it over Cheyenne's sleeping form before sitting on the floor in front of her. Once the movie was over he'd wake her up.

Cheyenne gripped the edge of the jacket she had been covered up in as she started to mumble a little again. S be yawned and forced her nightmare away quickly, something she could barely do anymore.

As she rolled here into a ball and the jacket engulfed her small, cold body, she could hear the movie playing in the background. She closed her eyes again and feel back into a deep sleep. About an hour later the movie ended and Cheyenne felt her body start to wake up, but her mind stay asleep.

She groaned and pulled the jacket over her ears and hid into the live seat. When she pulled her head out of the jacket and looked around tiredly, she saw that her aunt and uncle had already went to bed and James was sitting in the floor in front of her.

She mumbled again before turning her back to him and trying to go back to sleep. She yawned and pulled his jacket closer to her as she shivered."I don't wanna move,"she mumbles quietly.

Leaning his back against the couch James yawned and lazily watched the movie that seemed to drag on. But he soon grew bored with it and instead pulled out his phone to do a few things.

Hearing Cheyenne move around caused him to roll both eyes with an amused snort, she really should have changed before sitting down to 'watch' the movie. No doubt she was feeling a little uncomfortable in her present attire but he just let her sleep and contuined to fumble with his phone.

But hearing her groan he turned slightly while locking his phone to see her looking around. The tv was still on but it was on another movie which James wasn't interested in for the time being as he slipped the device into his pocket and snorted slightly.

"Then go back to sleep why don't cha?" He teased slightly while leaning back against the love seat. Snaking a hand under the jacket he touched her arm and shook his head. "Jeez, you feel like an ice box."

"I'm just just a little cold,"she says."I'll be fine,"she mumbles pulling away from his warm touch and sitting up. She pulls her legs into her body and keeps the jacket over her, holding her small toes in her hands to keep them a little warm, but it wasn't working.

Cheyenne rested her head down against her knees and tried to fall back asleep, but couldn't get comfortable with the clothes she was in. She sighed and rested her chin on her knee and stared at the movie.

"What time is it?"she asked taking a drink of water that her aunt had brought her before she fell asleep. She sat it back down and saw her hands shaking. She sighed and pulled the jacket closer to her body and ignored her body as she watched the movie, which she had no interest in.

Laying her head back down on her knees, she fell asleep again and mumbled softly, but almost quiet enough that James couldn't understand her.

"A little cold my bloody ass." He replied. When she pulled away from his touch, James sighed and shook his head at how stubborn she was. She really needed to confide in him now and then, even if it was something as small as just being cold.

Pulling out his phone again he pushed a few buttons and wrote some notes for the future before shutting it off once again. It seemed right now she wanted to watch the movie rather than talk to hi so he simply remained silent for the time being.

"Twelve in the morning." He replied while combing a hand through his hand and then cracking his neck but moving it side to side. It was quite easy to see her shaking but for now he just didn't do anything. James would wait until she was asleep to do anything because then she wouldn't be able to resist him.

Once she was asleep, the young man got up and moved to sit on the love seat next to her before draping an arm over her shoulders. Gently he pulled her close to his side so she could warm up. "Stubborn girl..."

As Cheyenne felt the warm arm around her, she jumped just slightly to feel the two opposite heats collide. She mumbled a bit and scooted closer to the warmth, resting her head on his shoulder.

As she slept and mumbled in her sleep, her head started to fall from his shoulder and it fell slowly as her body gave into his heat. He legs and arms relaxed, and slowly, her body stopped shaking as it became a little warming, but it was still ice cold.

Suddenly, Cheyenne's head jumped up from its position and turned the opposite way, looking away from James. As she slept, she squirmed and moved quite a bit, mumbling more and tightening her grip on James jacket.

The jump was sudden but that wasn't really surprising, that's just the kind of girl Cheyenne was at times. Though it did seem her body was a lot more honest than her mouth was as he moved closer to him.

When her head started to fall, James gently guided it down to his lap to rest before he started to gently stroke her hair. She was still fairly cold but he didn't want to move her just yet until she was in a deeper sleep and there was a less likely a chance of her waking up.

After all that and now her squirming kind of forced his hand. With a sigh, he put one hand on her back and the other rested on her stomach. Gently he began to move her up into his lap so he could warm Cheyenne up and make sure she was comfortable.

Cheyenne mumbled softly, obviously something that she does quite a bit in her sleep. As James pulled her into his lap, she yawned tiredly and tried to open her eye, but her body forced them shut again. It wasn't long before she was asleep again.

As she started to warm against his hot chest, Cheyenne felt into a deeper sleep and felt her nightmares chased away as the warm body she was sitting on rubbed her back soothingly. She stopped mumbling as much, but not completely, and stopped her shaking.

As she fell into a deep sleep and she dreamed of different things she wasn't going to remember the next morning, she felt her body being moved onto a bed. Although Cheyennes body tried to force her to stay asleep, Cheyenne's stubbornness got the best of her.

She mumbled and squirmed in his arms as James carried her upstairs. When she felt her body touch the soft bed, she forced her eyes open to look around the room until she made eye contact with her carrier, James.

James chuckled and shook her head, he didn't know what it was with Cheyenne and mumbling in her sleeper. Thankfully this time she didn't wake up and instead fell asleep but who knew how long that would last. Might as well back it count then.

He figured they could stay like this for a few more minutes because it wasn't harmful and it was quite enjoyable for him. Starting to gently rub her back, James made himself comfortable until he finally stopped and instead started to snake an arm around her back and under her knees in order to carry Cheyenne.

As he stood up with her in his arms it almost make apparent how light she was while he walked to and up the stairs. Hell, he could do this every night without so much as breaking a sweat. Pushing open the door he stepped into the room and over to her bed where she was placed down.

While the covers were being pulled over her, he saw her eyes open and look around before meeting his, "Yo." Going back to it he pulled the last cover over Cheyenne's body before straightening himself up. "You should have stayed asleep."

Cheyenne yawns tiredly and pulls at the covers, snaking them around her body and pulling them to her chin. As she heard him talk, she looked back up at him."I'm sorry,"she says quietly.

Although cheyenne was very tired, she was even more stubborn. Even though she needed sleep more than she needed to talk to James, she was going to be stubborn."How long was I asleep? I didn't mean to go asleep,:she mumbled, stumbling over her words.

Her eyelids dropped down to cover her eyes, but her stubbornness pulled them back open to stare at James. "I'm not tired,"she lies smiling a little. Although everyone knew Cheyenne was a horrible liar, she knew James would always give in to her, especially because he was tired.

She smiled as she heard his familiar, husky and velvety voice speak beside her ear. She yawned again and looked over at him, knowing that by just one look, he would know that she wanted him to stay with her for awhile.

James snorts and waves his hand dismissively in her direction. "Sheesh, when are you going to stop apologizing?" He sighed while shaking his head. "You don't need to apologize for falling asleep."

Running a hand through his hair, he shifted from one foot to another while watching her with an unreadable expression. Would this girl just go back to sleep already because it was plainly obvious she needed it. "One, you were asleep for..I dunno..three hours? And you needed the sleep."

Seeing her eyes close was a relief but another sigh escaped when she forced them back over and sighed once again at her comment. "Sure you're not." He grumbled, looking Cheyenne in the eye and seeing her usual stubbornness. Damn it, why did he always have to give in to her demands.

Grumbling slightly, the young man moved himself to sit down on the floor next to his bed while resting his chin on her mattress. "You're lucky I love you, you know that? Or else I'd force you to fall asleep without any arguments."

"No you wouldn't,"she says confidently."How could anyone ever not give in to me?"she joked scooting over a bit for him to lay down beside him. She sighs slightly and reach for him.

Cheyenne slowly pulled herself closer to him to expand on the warmth she needed. She pressed her cold fingers against his cheek for a minute to show him how cold she was, and she chuckled.

After she dropped her hand back down, she sighed and looked at James."You need sleep too,"she says."Maybe more than me,"she he sighs poking his cheek.

After a few minutes she slowly falls back asleep, pulling the covers around her tightly. She rolls over onto her side with her back facing James and her shirt rolled up a little, showing a black and blue bruise hiding that she hadn't told James about.

"Mhm." He mumbled, folding both arms over his chest with a huff at her joke and expression. That was the bad thing, James always gave into her easily. Then a brow was raised when she reached for him.

Moving himself onto the bed James laid there while watching her with his usual blank expression as he though. "You're a pain." He muttered, wrapping both arms around her waist when she touched his cheek.

"You're the one who's been nodding off, not me." He retorted to Cheyenne, rolling his eyes slightly at her chuckle. "No I'd say you need it more." The young man then added.

Noticing the bruise when he glanced down, his eyes widened and his blank expression turned to rage and remorse. So his suspicion had been correct...it seemed there was something for him to do after all when they got home. "You really don't trust me do you?" Mumbling, he pressed his lips against Cheyenne's shoulder before closing his eyes. "I'll kill him..." he swore before falling asleep as well.

Cheyenne stated asleep throughout the night, thankfully without any nightmares. She yawned as she began to wake up early the next morning. As she began opening her eyes, the brunette looked around the room and saw James asleep beside her.

As she rolled out of his grip and stood up from the bed, she stretched a little and walked to her closet. Pulling out a pair of shorts and a tee shirt, she walked to her bathroom and took a quick shower.

After she got dressed, let her long hair flow down below her shoulders, and did a little bit of makeup, Cheyenne walked back out to her room and saw James still asleep. She chuckled and went to his side and pulled the cover off of him.

"James, wake up. It's day time now,"she chuckles opening the curtains and letting the light shine in on him. She shook him once more before rolling her eyes and laying her body on top of him. "JAMES!"She whines, laughing a little.

James did sleep through the entire night but his was a bit more fitful as dark things entered his mind. Basically sapping any rest he was able to get throughout the night, so far this start to the vacation was a little iffy with everything going on.

Feeling the movement, he grumbled slightly but didn't wake up, instead turning to now be on his back. The young man really didn't feel like waking up in the slightest at all.

Eyes clenching as the sunlight hit them he grumbled and pursed his lips slightly in annoyance. Then he felt the covers pulled away and once again grumbled in irritation as he grabbed more them but Cheyenne already had them away from his reach.

As soon as she was on top of him and started whining, James' arm immediately moved and wrapped tightly around her waist while she laughed. "Tell me you love me first and I'll get up." He teased, cracking open and eye to look at her teasingly. Then he shifted and started to lightly kiss around the edge of her neck.

Cheyenne gasped slightly as his lips connected to her neck. She didn't do anything for a movement and then pushed against his chest, pulling her beck away from him.

As his arms shifted on her waist to a different position, it pressed against a couple of her bruises and she flinched slightly. "James let go,"she chuckled."We have to get up, whether I tell you I love you or not. Besides that your my best friend, I have to,"she joked.

She rolled to the side of him and yawned."What are we doing today?"she asks looking over at him curiously and rubbing her side slowly."Are we going to the beach? Or to them paddle boats? Or one of the big boat rides? Come on, tell me,"she whines.

"Why can't I have a hint at least? I'm never going to guess it and you know that so a hint won't hurt anything,"she says smiling."Please?"she sticks her bottom lip out.

Status
Not open for further replies.