A summer in Italy

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
The smile began more apparent on James' face after Cheyenne had kissed his forehead, automatically knowing who it was. And his hand unconsciously gave hers a gentle squeeze.

Once her own eyes were shut, he actually woke uo slightly a few minutes later and opened his eyes groggily. Looking at their interwined hands, he said nothing while pulling out the cover he was on with his free hand and then moved it to drape over her.

Then he laid back down with a yawn as his eyes closed once more, now knowing that Cheyenne would likely be comfortable.

Cheyenne yawned more as she she felt the cover pull over her and she turned a bit, dropping her hand from his as she wrapped her arms around her body and tightened her eyes closed.

The more Cheyenne dreamed, the more she had to fight off nightmares trying to jump out at her again. She slowly turned so that her side was facing James and she whimpered a little.

As she fought away her nightmares, everything started to rush back. Everything that her father had ever done, everything going on with James now, and then the other things that had happened while they're in Italy.

As James began to drift off, he was once again awakened by hearing something that was familiar and sent up a red flag instantly, pushing himself to a sitting position.

Finally wiping the sleep from his eyes the young man groggily looked over to see it was Cheyenne, "Must..be another nightmare." He mumbled and scooted over to the chair. Gently touching her cheek before deciding.

Moving so he was even closer, his arms moved around her body until they were in a good position before he delicately moved her body from the chair and instead to curl up into his lap. Once done James wrapped his arms around Cheyenne and began to rock his body at a slow pace while humming.

Cheyenne felt body heat on hers, and instead of calming down and relaxing at the familiar touch, Cheyenne jumped. She mumbled more and started to push at his hands to get him off of her

She began to breath heavier as she tried to push the much stronger going mam off of her small body. As she focused more on getting out of the grips of a male, Cheyenne let her nightmare slop through her minds as each part replayed as it had every other time she attempted sleep.

She let the dream flow quickly and terrifying through her mind as she let up her grip on trying to push James off of her, and instead focused it on making her dream stop. No matter how much she tried, she couldn't. As the dream got more intense she began to cry and shake, breathing unevenly.

When she jumped and tried to push away from him, James immediately stopped everything and looked at her with a curious expression. This usually helped get rid of her nightmare so why wasn't it working now?

James needed to find someway to calm her down and fast, or else he was probably going to have some problems. But if his humming wasn't going to work then what could. "Cheyenne c'mon, it's only a nightmare." He tried to soothingly and lovingly whisper into her ear; hoping it would help snap her out of it.

Then an idea popped into his mind and he grimaced, "You're lucky I really love you, though you're going to owe me a few surprise kisses." Mumbling it to her, the young man leaned closer to her ear. Then suddenly he began to softly sing their song they always listened to help the other. Please work...

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Cheyenne jumped again at the voice in her ear, but stopped everything as she heard the familiar song. It was the only thing that would actually keep her sane besides James himself.

Cheyennes body froze and her shaking stopped, her breathing slowed, and her tears faded as she listened to the soft lyrics that had so many meanings to her and James. She leaned towards the voice tiredly and a small sigh escaped her lips as she calmed completely.

Cheyennes body softened from its original tense form and she leaned her small body into James chest as the song came to an end.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
James contuined to sing, putting more feeling into this particular song than he had into any others before it. This was their song, he couldn't sing it half-assed; as a man he couldn't allow it.

As the last part of the lyrics trailed from his lips and faded, he took a deep breath while returning his breathing to its normal rhythm. "You know...you're lucky to have me." He teased softly but kissed the top of her forehead. "But there's nothing I wouldn't do for that."

"You hold the key to my heart after all." He mused with a soft chuckle, nuzzling his face against the crook of her neck. It seemed like it was going to eb another night without any sleep for him.

Cheyenne squirmed a bit in James lap to get comfortable before she started to open her eyes. Although she was quite tired and very exhausted, she hated sleeping when she could feel that she was keeping others awake.

As she slowly woke up, she realized she was yet again, in James lap. She groggily pushed against James to sit up and she yawned."Why are you staring at me?"she asks confused, rubbing her eye with her hands.

"I thought you were asleep. And I was over there,"she says pulling herself off of James lap to sits in front of him with her legs crossed. "You're suppose to be asleep."

James had turned his attention to the ceiling in order to watch the moves sway with the lights but once again look at Cheyenne. Geez, it always seemed that she knew when he was beginning to enjoy himself while she slept.

That got a chuckle from him as he merely shrugged in response at first. "No reason, it's pretty dark and you're the only thing I can see clearly." He replied, giving her a cheerful grin as she rubbed her eyes. "And that you're cute when you sleep."

"I was and you were but some thinsg happened." Combign a hand through his hair he then leaned back and snorted. "I was asleep, then I woke up to soothe your nightmare."

Cheyenne blushes at James response and yawns again."Oh. Sorry,"she says embarrassed. Cheyenne stands up and stretches a little and then looks back at James.

"Go to sleep, I'm gonna go to my room and try to lay down,"she says slowly."If you need me I'll either be over there or downstairs,"she points to their connecting doors.

Cheyenne turns back around and walks towards the unlocked door and opens it, walking to her bed and pulling the covers over her cold toes. She lays on her bed staring up at the ceiling for a bit, finding herself unable to sleep.

"Don't be." It was a simple response but true all the same, James didn't care that he had to watch her. He actually enjoyed taking care of her at times because it's what she did for him.

"Aw....." His cheeks puffed out in a playful pout before he sighed in defeat. "I'll try to get some sleep, no promises though." He then smirked when she pointed towards her door and he nodded, acknowledging what Cheyenne had said about where she'd be.

Once she was gone and the door was closed, he immediately hopped out of bed and stretched. "Midnight snack." Snickering softly to himself he tiptoed to his door, opened it, and walked down the hallway. There was no way he could sleep on an empty stomach.

As Cheyenne laid in bed wide eyed, she thought about what she could do tomorrow. She knew that there was a concert they would go to the next day, but yet she couldn't figure out what to do after that.

Cheyenne sighed and sat up in bed and slung her covers off of her and walked into her bathroom, shutting and locking the door. She sighed as she turned the cool water on and took her clothes off, jumping into the cold shower.

She leaned against the wall and let the water drip down on her as she took deep breathes and tried to relax her worried mind. They were in Italy after all, she should be having fun, not worrying.

After Cheyenne finished in her short shower, she got out and got changed into a pair of shorts and a tank top before she walked out onto hers and James balcony for fresh air.

Walking down the stairs two steps at a time, he arrived at the first floor quickly and stretched with a yawn. "I wonder." Perhaps there was still some pie left as it sounded like a really good thing to eat right now.

Taking a look around the counter and the fridge he finally found the pie and grabbed a piece with a grin. Twirling his fork, he sat down at the table and scooped a bite into his mouth while humming. It was nice eating in silence now and then so he could by with his thoughts.

Once finished the young man simply leaned back into his chair and looked at the ceiling. James wasn't sure if Cheyenne had anything planned for tomorrow but he had some ideas of his own, he'd have to ask when she woke up.

After cleaning the dishes he put them away and moved to the couch to watch some tv. Sure, if Cheyenne found out she wouldn't be happy but right now he didn't feel that tired.

After Cheyenne spent ten minutes out on the balcony thinking and listening to the music playing at a nearby cafe, she walked back into her room and decided that she'd go looking for her aunt and uncle while James was asleep, or suppose to be sleeping.

Cheyenne changed into jeans and grabbed her grey jacket before slipping her shoes on and walking down the stairs quietly. She walked through the hallways and into the kitchen. She made it all the way to the front door, tiptoeing quietly, before she saw the glimpse of James face staring at her on the couch.

"Damn it James!"Cheyenne screamed, jumping and grabbing her chest in shock. She quickly covered her mouth and gasped as she realized she had said a swear word. It wasn't that she didn't want to say them, but James always made fun of her for swearing because she was the good girl and he was suppose to be the bad boy.

"What're you doing? You scared me! I thought you were upstairs in bed,"she says raising an eyebrow and shutting the half open door."?" Cheyenne gave him a questioning look.

One thing James learned about Italy? It seemed they had nothign to watch late at night except for romance stories and soap operas, the made him want to hurl. Love was fine but overexgeraated stuff like this was way too much.

Hearing slight noises coming from above he arched a brow slightly whiel glancing up. "Huh. Either she's tossing and turning in bed or I'm about to have a visitor..this should be amusing." He chuckled before eharing footsteps comign down the stairs. Turning his head in the direction with a grin while seeing her reaction.

"Uh oh, the good girl said a bad word." James teased, right on cue, before he fell off the couch in a fit of laughter. It was absolutely rewarding when he could get Cheyenne to say something like that becuase he'd never let her live it down. "You're going to...have to get...punished for saying that." He commented before laughs.

Once she shut the door, James stopped laughing and sat up from his lying position on the floor and simpyl shrugged his shoulers in return. "I was hungry." Then something popped into his head. "Do you have anything planned for tomorrow?"

Cheyenne sighed and crossed her arms as James laughed, not finding it at all amusing that she had said a bad word. She walked over to an open chair and sat down, looking at James. She yawned slightly and listened to him laugh until he finally stopped and look up at her, a small smile playing on his lips as he held in more laughs.

"Um, not really. I know there was a concert that we needed to get dressed up tomorrow evening around like six that should only last a couple hours, but other than that, not really,"she says yawning a bit."Why? Do you have anything planned?" She looks at him curiously and tries to think of what he could have planned for them to do, not sure if she should be excited or scared.

The brunette reached up and ran a hand through her hair while she listened carefully to James, nodding a little. As she yawned again, she sighed and stretched her arms up.
" Well It doesn't matter to me what we do really?"Cheyenne says."Whatever you want. It's your choice,"she laughs and stands back up.

"Anyway... I'm gonna go out for a little bit and maybe look around for my aunt and uncle. You should get some sleep,"Cheyenne says looking over at him."call me if you need anything,"she pats her packet to make sure she did indeed have her phone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheyenne might not have found it funny but James did because of the reaction she always had, it was too cute. That little look of frustration she got after saying it and seeing his reaction, it was simply too much for him not to tease her about. But it was pretty hard to keep his laughter in check after replaying her swearing.

"Six huh?" Then the concert would probably end around eight or nine, probably nine because of encores and stuff like it. Moving to sit back on the sofa, James shrugged lightly and leaned back while pondering his thoughts when she asked. Well from the look she was giving him, she probably wondering whether to look forward to his ideas or to run.

"I have a few ideas, though judging from the time, we can do them after the concert." Plus having Cheyenne dressed up gave him some nice revisions to these plans of his. "But they're a secret and you won't know until after the concert." No doubt she'd be a little curious but his lips were going to be sealed until the concert was officially over.

"Alright." Pulling out his phone James checked the time and glanced over at Cheyenne when she stood up. "?" Her aunt and uncle were still out and about? They were probably out at a café or bar having a good time. "Nah, I have a few calls to make."

"But I want to know,"she whines glaring at him. He loved to keep things from her, jsut because he knows she won't stop thinking about it until she knows."Give me a hint or something,"she says sighing.

Cheyenne groans and stands up."Fine jerk. I'll see you later." The small girl walked towards the door and opened it up. Walking outside, she shuts the door back and starts walking down the sidewalk. She tries to think of what James could be planning, but like usual, nothing comes to mind. She simply sighs and takes a seat on a bench that has a good look of the ocean they were swimming at earlier.

As Cheyenne sits to think, she hears people around her talking and laughing at a small cafe/ diner that people were hanging out in. She smiled a little and turned back to the beach. She didn't pay attention to the time Nad instead just relaxed and took in the fresh air and the cool breeze that felt like it was blowing all her troubles away. By the time she had looked at her phone again, she had a few new messages from James and her aunt, and a couple missed calls from them.

She sighed and figured that her aunt and uncle had probably came home eventually and was wondering where she was. She sighed and started walking back towards her aunts house and she walked through the door slowly and looked around.

"Well....too bad. I'm not going to tell you so be a good, patient, girl." He replied and smirked in her direction. No matter what tactic she tried James still wasn't going to tell Cheyenne what he was thinking until it was time. "Nope."

James laughed at her address and ran a hand through his hair while waving a hand dismissively. "Yeah, yeah, I'm such a jerk." Watching her walk out the door he in turn stood up while pulling his cell phone from a pocket. "Since she's gone I ought to make the calls now before Cheyenne gets back." Touching a few keys he took a breath then started talking in fluent Italian before hanging up and make a few more.

Once he was done that's when Cheyenne's aunt and uncle walked in, the young man gave them a polite bow before typing a few things on his keyboard. But since Cheyenne wasn't with them he called her phone a few times and then set her a message. "Bloody girl, and she freaks out when I don't answer her the first time she calls me." Sighing the device was slipped back into his pocket before walking into the kitchen in order to get something to drink, Cheyenne would probably notice the alerts at sometime.

When she came back, James' shadow could be seen standing in the doorway of the kitchen as he talked to her aunt and uncle. "Then there was one time during middle school where she had forgotten her lunch. She immediately started crying and the teachers had to pull me out of my classroom to calm her down, which she only did when I sat down and shared my own lunch with her." He chuckled with a happy expression. "She's an airhead at times but she's my airhead and I couldn't be happier to have her in my life."

Cheyenne blushed deeply as she heard his familiar voice in the kitchen. She sighed and walked in behind him where he couldn't see her and smiled at her aunt and uncle."And exactly who said you could be telling these stories?"she asks towards James.

She crossed her arms over her chest slowly after setting her phone on the counter."And seven missed calls? Nine text messages? Really?"she laughed."I'm thinking that you're sitting here worried to death about me and I come back and you're telling them all my embarrassing stories?"she asks trying to hold in a smile.

Cheyenne simply shook her head in amusement towards James and smiled at her aunt and uncle who were just staring at them amused. "Did you guys have fun today?"her aunt Renee asked smiling."And what about last night? I didn't even get to see you this morning to ask about it. Was the concert good? Did you guys get plenty to eat today? I could make something if you two are hungry. Or we could get takeout if you'd prefer,"she says eagerly.

Cheyenne simply laughed."Come on give them time to answer first,"Cheyennes uncle John said laughing."How was the concert last night? Everything go alright?"he asks smiling between the two young adults.

Cheyenne turned to look at James a little and wait for his response as she stepped sideways towards him. She bumped him with her hip a little and bit her bottom lip a little, waiting for him to say something.

Status
Not open for further replies.