A Spark

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
The world seemed to fly by, cars, buildings and people all passed so quickly. The farther away they got from the shop the more she smiled, the more free she felt, until she realized she was a little short of breath. Turning onto a side street they came to a stop sign where she could pull on his arms a little "How you doing?" she called over the noise.

He managed to give her a weak thumbs up, his body frozen with terror in the clinging position.

"Okay!" she said looking at her watch, half an hour before they would need to be on the other side of town. Perfect. Pulling away she merged with traffic and then pulled back out onto the left hand lanes where she could travel unhindered by the stops and goes simply changing lanes to get around the slower vehicles. Driving a motorcycle was more fun than being the passenger she decided. Felix would just have to keep holding on.

He literally held on for dear life, feeling as if every bump and jolt would send him hurtling to his doom.

She took the long way through the city. At a stoplight close to the library she yelled back. "Are you done? Want to go back to the library now or catch a cab home later?"

"I....I uh...I mean..." he stuttered nervously, averting her gaze, "would....would you mind if I uh....went with you?"

"Just thought id offer." she said pulling away leaving the library behind and heading for the business district. But then she remembered she didn't have her credit card and turned to head for the factories instead.

"Where are we going!?" he yelled over the roar of the wind.

"To talk to an engineer about hiding the bike." The girl hollered back driving amid large trucks more than cars now.

Felix felt utterly dwarfed among the massive vehicles, shrinking down against the girl, as if the trucks would fall over and crush him at any moment.

Alexis didn't like the trucks either. It was too easy for a motorcycle to go unnoticed and the blind spots were huge. But her options were very limited at this point.
She was glad to see the parking lot was still full, pulling up in front of a large brick building that was used for building and testing new machines. Snagging a parking space she stopped, turned off the engine and removed her helmet

He was stuck, frozen in his life or death clinging position as she tried to get off the bike.

"Felix...the ride has come to a complete stop." She said gently shaking his arms.

He let out a small squeak like sound, still clinging tightly to her.

"Felix? Are you okay...?" She asked starting to feel awkward but not sure what to do. Her slender fingers started working, attempting to wedge themselves beneath his clenched hands.

His hands were pried loose, as he fell sideways off the bike, still frozen like an icecube in his clinging position, lying on the ground, eyes wide with terror.

"Felix!" She scrambled off and was on her hands and knees beside him the next moment hugely glad he was wearing the helmet. She held onto one of his arms, disturbingly stiff "Stop it. Are you okay? Say something would you? Felix?!"

He blinked rapidly, muttering stupidly, "W...wow...I like your eyes...." he was completely unaware of what he was saying, in utter shock from the ride

She cocked her head, confused and worried that this was going to be a problem beyond her ability to help "Can you move?"

He nodded dumbly, slowly flexing his frozen fingers, then slowly uncurling from his position, lying on his back.