A Spark

She looked at the ceiling and groaned. That bike was the one she wanted. Then back around the room. "Well, What sort of vehicle do you like?" She asked casually.

He surveyed the various bikes for several moments, hmming and hawing a bit, before pointing at one. It was all black, with dark red rims. Beautiful and sleek, it was like the Panther of bikes.

She nodded encircling the bike, twisting a blond curl. "Alright." she conceded, it did look like fun. Without another word she walked to the door to the office to find that secretary.

He again seemed utterly entranced by the simple motion of her twirling her hair. It was so, impossibly cute. He quickly followed her, but in a daze.

"Can we talk to someone about a motorcycle?" Alexis asked opening the door where the secretary glowered over the desk at her, having heard about their intrusion. She went to the doorway and called down the hall not daring leaving them unattended again.
Within moments a smartly dresses middle aged man emerged, a doubtful expression beneath a plastic smile. He had heard about the incident as well. "How can I help you?"
"The bike being built in the garage there, is it doing to be for sale soon or is it a commissioned work?" she got right to the point.
"That is not for sale, it is special order." He raised an eyebrow but replied calmly. Her shoulders shrugged slightly. "Who ordered it?" She quired.
"I can't tell you that. Is there anything else I can help you with?" He told her coolly. "Yeah, the black and red bike out there, Id like a test drive."

At this, Felix gulped, obviously knowing that there would trouble in store.

The man didn't even hesitate to reply. "Test drives are only for actual customers."

Alexis glanced over her shoulder at Felix, 'see what I mean?' as she reached into her purse and pulled out a shining metallic card. "It's for his birthday, that's the one he wants. I am serious about buying it."

The salesman and secretary exchanged glances. "Let's go back and see what we can do." He said leading the way to a small conference room.

"Wait! I'm not!" he started, being quickly dragged along.

"Oh but I insist, Im going to get something and that's the one you like. It is your birthday." She said hoping he would play along as she chose a chair and sat down, folding her hands on the table in a business like manner.

He looked as if he was about to protest once more, but instead sat next to her, looking very flustered indeed.

The man looked up details and prices hoping it would convince the girl this was beyond her, the young man seemed to get it at least. But she was undeterred. "I'll take it." She said simply, holding out her card and drivers license. The man looked at Felix for help. "This isn't the kind of thing to rush into. If you are not sure it's what you want, go home, think about it first."

Felix looked back at the man, feeling utterly helpless, not exactly sure what to do.

"Sir. I'll take it! Do you want the sale or not?" She snapped sliding the cards across the table. He was right it wasn't the one she wanted, but no way was she leaving without a bike.
He looked at her and took the cards, checking to see that the names matched and then taking them out of the room to check her credit and get the rest of the paper work. Alexis sighed leaning back in the chair. "Now to think of a name for it."

He seemed shocked at her sudden change in behavior, but shook his head several times, snapping out of it. "Um...what about....uh...Marley?" he said with a small shrug.

She shook her head, "Something that sleek deserves a more enchanting name than ...Marley" but nothing was coming to mind at the moment. "Maybe after we ride it I'll think of something."

"Oh...okay," he said, seeming a bit disappointed, then a bit nervous as he thought about the ride to come.

The salesman reappeared with a mountain of paperwork and an artfully cheerful manner "Everything seems to be in order. Let's look at some options. Style wise, we can add stripes, any detail work you like. Do you like the crimson rims our would another color suit you better?" He asked sliding a sheet of paint colors across to Felix.

He observed the options with curiosity, his eyes lighting as he focused on one particular design. "I like this one,"he said, showing it to Alexis. It showed their bike, but painted a sleek black, a double red stripe running down either side. It was simple, yet elegant.

She peered at the picture "You have good taste." the girl smiled her approval at him. "I like the red on black best too."

"Would you like tinted headlights?" The salesman asked starting to enjoy the customization process himself.

Felix blushed, feeling nothing but sheer pride at her approval, "Um...do you do red lights?"