A Spark

"Yes, we could," he said, smiling as he gently squeezed her hand.

She absentmindedly twirled a curl before deciding. "Let's go walk then. There's a carnival and the shops or boardwalk between the piers. Wherever you like."

Last edited by a moderator:
He patted his empty pocket, deciding that shopping was out of the question, then kissed her cheek again, "Let's take a walk on the piers.

She squeezed his hand as they set out. Leaving behind the bright colors and sounds of the fair and jumble of the crowd the boardwalk was quiet enough to hear conversation, footsteps on creaking boards and the constant ocean waves. Alexis followed right beside him taking a few skipping steps for one of his own more often than not, but never leaving his side.

He led her to the edge of the pier, then stood, his arm around her shoulder, the ocean breeze running through his hair.

Alexis planted her feet to simply stand beside him. Let them take in the moment that this was real and wonderful. But it wasn't long before she turned towards him and quietly out spoke the silence. "Thank you for not giving up on me Felix, asking again when I was a fool pushing you away. I needed a pull to get out of the past and start moving. Without you I'd be miserable right now."

He said nothing, content to be in the moment. Sorrow, pain, rage, fury, hardship, struggle, sadness, all triumphed by one thing, true love. He turned, placing his hands on her shoulders, and kissed her. He pulled away, looking into her eyes.

"I love you."

With those three powerful words, fate was sealed, two souls united for eternity.

True Love Conquers All

The End​

• Love
Reactions: 1 person