A Spark

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
She watched him relax, that relief leaving her speechless with a worried smile. Sitting back she took a deep breath, watching his eyes.

He began to blink rapidly, as if coming out of his shock, he slowly stood, wheezing, grabbing his inhaler from his pocket, taking several puffs.

She let him catch his breath. Sorry he needed the inhaler, again, but he had claimed to do motocross, he had brought it on himself. But she had seen the lie immediately and gone on anyway, she hated having put him through all that. It wouldn't happen again. Finally she pushed herself up from the pavement "Are you okay?"

He nodded quickly, stuffing his inhaler back in his pocket, looking rather embarrassed.

"Good." She smiled a little, then set off across the parking lot to find her cousin, "we'll go talk to that engineer and then find a way home."

"o..okay" he said, still looking very much terrified.

She lead the way to the front office where she immediately ingaged the secretary "Afternoon Mrs. Smith, I'm glad I caught you. Where is James working at the moment?"
The young woman was preparing to leave for the day but stopped to check. "He is actually in his office." She replied smiling and then looking up saw Felix "Are you alright sir? Can I get you anything?"

He shook his head silently, quickly taking another puff of his inhaler, which he had gotten from his pocket.

Alexis cast nervous glances at him all the way down the hallway before she stopped outside the office. "That much medication cannot be good for you, do you want water or anything?" She asked quietly.

He nodded furiously, still wheezing a little.

"K. Stay put." She said going just a little farther down the hall to a break room and retrieving two bottles of water.

He took his gratefully, practically tearing off the cap, downing at least half the bottle.

She took a few long swallows, watching him over the top of the bottle. "There's more where that came from." She grinned, trying to lighten her own worry.

He nodded, slamming down the rest of the bottle, taking a few gasping breaths.

She hurried away bringing him another full bottle before standing by fidgeting with the cap of her own "Is there anything else I can do?"

He shook his head, his cheeks turning a little red as he realized that he must be causing a bit of a scene.

"Come on in then, where you can sit down, if that helps." She offered, opening the door to a tidy office, the only clutter being papers spread across the desk in front of a young man who looked up. "Alexis, why am I not surprised? What brings you...and friend today?" He added seeing Felix and standing up to introduce himself. "I'm James Holt." he said offering to shake hands.

"Hi, I'm Felix Brekker," he said, still panting a little as his hand was dwarfed by the man's firm handshake.

"Good to meet you Felix, make yourself at home." He gestured towards the chairs wondering what was going on.

Alexis claimed a hug before he sat back down and took one of the chairs for herself. Folding her hands on the desk she began. "How safe are you for keeping secrets these days?"
"That depends on what you did."
"Well, if you can hide it, you can drive it..."
"but what is it Alexis?"
"The most beautiful thing on two wheels! But it would be even better with stripes..." She was about to start rambling
"What is she talking about?" James looked at Felix for help.

"We uh...bought a bike..." he says nervously, still not sure why they had to leave, and now were hiding the bike.