A Requiem for Themelio: A Dirge for Tartarus (OOC/Signups)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, sorry for the short post. Just not much I can do in a dialogue.

Again, sorry for the short post. Just not much I can do in a dialogue.

That's fine Potato xD
You all are still kind of introducing yourselves. I'll throw you guys something tomorrow sometime hopefully~

I'm sorry! I know this is really late by now but am I too late to join this RP? I have a character almost planned out, I'm just unsure if I should make him human or some other race. Variety, and all that. For the mortal races besides humans, would you want something that looked like it shared a common ancestor with humans, or something completely alien?

I'm sorry! I know this is really late by now but am I too late to join this RP? I have a character almost planned out, I'm just unsure if I should make him human or some other race. Variety, and all that. For the mortal races besides humans, would you want something that looked like it shared a common ancestor with humans, or something completely alien?

I'd always welcome another player! :D

As for the other race, be as creative as you want! I will accept all races that people come up with, granted its not obviously overpowered~

Feel free to create your own kingdom to go along with your race too, if you want~

Just no elves, orcs, and Dwarves or the like. They exist, but not anywhere on Themelio currently :D

Damien, I hope you know that a longsword is a two handed weapon. It is possible to wield it in one, but not with very much finesse. And sorry to point these things out, it is just that, as I have said, I am really into historical sword fighting.

Yeah I know - I play too much Dynasty Warriors not to know that XD But she hasn't actually entered combat yet, and longswords are not that heavy so until the creature actually comes closer, she can hold it in one hand.

Alright, I apologise if there's something wrong with this - i'm perfectly willing to go back and edit it, and i've probably made mistakes because i was writing this when i'm so tired, but I don't want to delay too much since I'm already so late, so here's my character sheet

Edit: I found a picture to use.

Name: Ijani Rennsi (ee-yahn-ee ren-sea)
Race: Lleian

Appearance:
rppic2.png
Ijani stands at 5'3", average for his race. He is slim and relatively fit, but with little muscular to speak of, and his long, straight black hair frames his inhumanly yellow eyes. The increased longevity of his race grants him youth reminiscent of a human five years his junior, and whilst most of his caramel colored skin remains unscarred, his long, white-fur trimmed black coat covers a large, deep scar over his heart, betraying the nature of his untimely death.

Personality: The death of his parents as well as the nature of his work have left him socially inept, insecure and somewhat of a recluse. He keeps to himself and rarely divulges his thoughts to others, but generally tries to be a kind person. Repeated exposure to uncontrolled demonic magics has taken its toll on his sanity, but his strength of will has kept him more or less sane - for now, at least.
Endowed with a thirst for knowledge from a very early age, he is very scholarly and is always fascinated by things he does not yet understand, no matter how taboo they may be.
However, he holds a great resentment for the Church who he blames for his misfortune.

Bio: A child of a poor family, Ijani's natural gifts in spellcasting were discovered at the age of 8 after he was caught stealing food from behind a market stall by a passing mage by the name of Mejdi. Cornered and afraid, the frightened young boy acted purely on instict and knocked the wizard off his feet with a powerful wave of kinetic energy that took him completely by surprise. Though Mejdi was inevitably able to apprehend the boy, he saw great potential in an untrained child able to conjure magical energies at such a young age, and pulled some strings in order to grant him a place at the Academ Arcani, the most prestigious mage school in the kingdom.
Ijani's parents, seeing this as an oppurtunity to give their son a better life than they could have had, agreed to send him away.

Whilst he had always been inquisitive, Ijani's thirst for knowledge truly began there. The wealth of knowledge and power contained within the walls of the school fascinated the young child. From as soon as he was able to read them, Ijani could be found in the great library, hungrily devouring books through almost all of his free time. He excelled in his classes, always eager to learn, always asking questions. His teachers considered him a model student, and encouraged him as much as they could - until, during a class on the nature of demons, he started asking questions the school deemed "unsuitable".

Despite the childish innocence with which it was asked, his teacher was taken aback when she was asked why so little research had ever been done into demonic magics. "Such knowledge is simply forbidden, child." she said. "It would be an affront to the Goddess to attempt to harness such taint"

To forbid knowledge to someone such as Ijani could only ever intrigue him more, and he became obsessed with it. He began to ask other teachers about demons, studying every resource on them he could find. Once he had exhausted all available knowledge on the subject, frustrated with his teachers' attempts to stonewall him, he turned to the forbidden sector of the library.
Such knowledge was utterly off-limits to all but the most high-ranking officials at the academy, but he was certain the knowledge he sought was contained within.

In the dead of night, he stealthily made his way to the magically-bound doorway, using the spell of concealment he had been practicing to mask his movement. Through careful study of its energies over several weeks, he was able to dispel and pass through the magical seal protecting the room containing so much forbidden knowledge, but despite all his forethought, his impatience was his downfall. Pulling a random book off of the shelf to study it, he carelessly triggered a ward on the bookcase itself, and was trapped in a magical prison until the headmaster eventually found him.

Breaking into such a forbidden area was grounds for expulsion, and this was no exception, and so at the age of 14 he was forced to leave the academy and rejoin society.

When he finally returned home, Mejdi was waiting for him. Evidently, he had felt an obligation to explain what had happened: word about Ijani's unhealthy fascination with demonic magic had spread to the Order, and the inquisitors, convinced he was the son of cultists, had instead turned to his parents, killing them both.

The experience only served to cement a deep hatred of the church and its inquisitors, and he became more determined than ever to study the forbidden arts.

Mehdi, feeling responsible, took him in as his own until he was old enough to look after himself, but Ijani struggled to find a place for himself in the world. With the allure of forbidden knowledge still in the back of his mind, Ijani began to hunt for demons, stealing corpses and artefacts wherever he could find the opportunity and dissecting them in secret, hoping to unravel their mysteries.

Although he was always wary of arousing too much suspicion, eventually his actions caught up to him.

The inquisitors did not catch him by surprise - he was ready for them when they finally burst down the door to his laboratory. The first one fell quickly, ran through from the shadows with his bladed staff-spear. Channelling through the blade, he quickly drained his victim of blood, weaving it into hundreds of needles and launching them at his partner and impaling her like a pincushion. Thinking his immediate assailants defeated, he stepped forward to face the coming reinforcements. Dozens of holy soldiers assaulted him, inevitably falling to his power and skill. However, inquisitors can be surprisingly stalwart in the face of certain death, and with the last of her life and the last of her strength the warrior he had pincushioned at the start picked up her sword and ran him through from behind, piercing his heart.

Staring death in the face, Ijani became desperate. Conjuring a phantasmal scythe blade from his staff, he tore out the life force of several assaulting inquisitors in an attempt to heal himself, but it was too late. A wound to the heart could not be recovered from so easily, and he collapsed, dead.

Abilities: Ijani is proficient in wielding spears and bladed staves as well as clawed gauntlet weapons, and has the naturally increased magical power of a Lleian. He is highly knowledgeable on the subject of demonology and knows about the strengths and weaknesses of several different types of lesser demon. In addition, he has the ability to absorb magical energies from demons and has so far absorbed the magical powers of a lust demon as well as a mara, giving him the ability to use blood magic, fear magic, charm and life theft.

Ijani's demonic magical abilities have been stolen directly from demons using magical devices that he invented. Some schools of magic such as lust, fear and lifesteal magic are normally impossible for mortals to cast, because they don't have the right kind of mana. Ijani's crystal foci siphon off the magical essence of an incapacitated demon and draw it into himself, altering the nature of his mana to be more demonic and allowing him to learn and cast spells from schools of magic the demon was able to use, though he does not gain any knowledge of how to use the magic through this. The process is quite dangerous and extremely painful, and it only works on Lleians.

In contrast, cultists rely on pacts with demons to be able to cast dark magic by drawing from the demon's own mana rather than their own. It's inefficient, and they're limited to the powers of the demon they have formed the pact with.

Race info:
Lleians are a race clearly related to humans but noticeably different from them. Despite a clear common ancestor, the llei are very much a different species from humans and are unable to breed with them at all, even to produce infertile hybrids.

The llei have considerably less variety in skin color than humans and appear only in colors ranging from light brown to dark brown. They can be most easily distinguished from humans by their inhuman yellow or orange irises and androgynous appearance -
sexual dimorphism in llei is somewhat less pronounced. Males have narrower shoulders and wider hips than the average human and are also lacking in facial hair, whilst the females tend to have much smaller breasts and are not shorter than the males.

The llei live slightly longer than humans on average but tend to be shorter and more slight in build. They are also able to absorb magical energy more easily than humans and thus have a larger natural affinity for magic. This trait has caused their society to revolve around magic moreso than in human society and most of the higher-ups in society are mages.

The llei, being a race of warm climates, are ill suited to cold weather and suffer it more easily than the hardier humans do.

The llei are one of the few races still not in outright war with the humans, though relations are still somewhat tense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I know - I play too much Dynasty Warriors not to know that XD But she hasn't actually entered combat yet, and longswords are not that heavy so until the creature actually comes closer, she can hold it in one hand.
You...you know that longswords, and other blades, didn't weigh much? Are you from the past? XD

You...you know that longswords, and other blades, didn't weigh much? Are you from the past? XD
Lol XD
Not all longswords are lost in history! Some have survived til present day, you know :P

It is just that most people think that ancient weapons were a lot heavier than they actually were. The heaviest longsword being about 4 pounds.

Oh sorry, I thought you were trying to sarcastically imply that longswords were heavy XD

Nope. Just a little clumsy to use in one hand, but it is possible.

Yeah, by the way I just realised that Welda was holding the longsword with two hands anyway XD

Feel free to have at the hellhounds. Flay them whatever way you guys wish :P
Just make it good :D

so the Role Play is going good? I hope I'm actually good since this is my first here and as the new guy I'm looking for any critiques y'all may have on my Rp abilities!

Status
Not open for further replies.