A Requiem for Themelio: A Dirge for Tartarus (OOC/Signups)

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rune Alchemist

Original poster
IC's UP!

Hey~
Your friendly neighborhood Alchemist here with an idea I've had for awhile. Please, read everything as everything is important. I've tried to make it as small as possible while still making it somewhat entertaining. I am also open to any and all ideas here, so feel free to voice your opinions and ideas. I'm open to all kind of criticism. This is also the first RP i've ever GM'ed, so please, bear with me here. I'm kinda learning~

~Brief History of Themelio~

• ~The Requiem War~
    ~War for Themélio~
    In ages past, there was a war between the forces of Themelio, the realm of Mortals, and the abominations of Tartarus. The demons forces were strong, and nearly impossible to defeat even after the lands united under one banner to fight the demonic threat. The creatures ravaged the mortal realm, seeking to conquer it for themselves and take the mortals as slaves and prisoners. On the verge of annihilation, the mortals prayed to the Goddess, Illya for divine intervention. When all hope seemed lost for them, the heavens split apart, and legions of Angels reigned holy fire upon the legions of demons, pushing them back and defeating their mighty army. Illya ordered the Tyrant King of Tartarus to retreat, or be annihilated. The Tyrant King, Denetheos, was unafraid, however, and sent his strongest soldiers after her. She annihilated them easily, but could not ultimately destroy Denetheos. For years, the bloody battle ravaged the Themelio, neither side gaining the upper hand, until a band of adventurers stormed the Tyrant Kings castle in Themelio. With the divine help of the Goddess, they defeated the demon and banished him back to the pits of hell, and sealed the realms forever. With their task done, the angels returned to the heavens, for they had to keep watch over Tartarus, and keep an eye on the Tyrant King. This great war would later become known as The Requiem, so that the mortals may never forget the tragedy and death during this time.

~Themelio~
While not the main focus of this RP, I feel like I should let you know a bit what the mortal world I've created is like, so you have a better grasp when you create your characters.

Themelio isn't the name for a single nation or continent, Rather the entire realm of mortals. The realm is vast, and while much of the world has been discovered, there are still remote areas where anything could be lurking. From giant monstrosities, to entirely new races of people. The world, like ours, is made up of mostly water. Humans are the most populous species on the planet, though non-human races do exist, they tend to keep to their own kingdoms or tribes, especially during this tumultuous time.

The details of the various kingdoms aren't that important for the overall arch of the RP, however, if you want specifics for your character creation, I'll be more than happy to provide~
~Tartarus~

Most, believe Tartarus is a realm that is nothing like that of Themelio. Well, that is only somewhat true. Yes, the landscape is foreign, alien, and dangerous compared to that of Themelio. Lakes of Lava, the sky is dyed a constant bloody red hue during the day with a harsh sun, with a blood red moon over an impossibly dark sky at night. Horrific abominations roam the landscape searching for food, devouring humans and demons alike should they get their claws on them. Life isn't easy here, even for the demons that rule it.

Tartarus is Ruled over by the Tyrant King Denetheos. The King rules with an iron fist, and desires nothing but more power and to subject the mortals to his rules. The demons follow him out of fear, and any who so much as thinks about betraying him is publicly executed in the most violent way imaginable. He makes a public spectacle of it, which is used as a form of entertainment for the masses.

The realm is made up of five realms, or massive 'countries'. Two sins, and one general watches over four of them, with the fifth being the Infernal palace where Denetheos reigns. In each of these realms is a 'prison' where sinners reside. Each of these prisons have been specially designed to punish a specific type of sinner, and are watched over by the corresponding Sin.

Besides the Tyrant King, Tartarus has Eleven rulers that watch over the realm. The Seven Sins embody every primal desire of mortals. Lust, Greed, Gluttony, Sloth, Envy, Pride, Wrath. They watch over the mortals that are imprisoned within Tartarus, and deliver the punishment appropriate to them. They are Denetheos's enforcers, and will do his bidding without question. They are considered to be some of the most powerful beings in the world, and that they are eternal and will exist so long as the mortals do.

The Four Generals. Pestilence, War, Famine, and Death. They are everything mortals fear, and are the leaders of Tartarus's armies. War commands the countless legions of Demons, above even the Sins in his rank. Death commands legions of undead, ghouls, and other abominations. Famine commands Gluttony's Hunger Demons, and wherever he walks crops wilt and die. Wells dry, and any stored food goes bad. Pestilence commands a legion of diseased corpses that will spread disease and anyone they touch will eventually enter a zombie like state, where they will do nothing more than chase mortals in hopes of infecting them. He spreads disease, taints water and food wherever he walks.

After the Requiem, the demons of Tartarus were cast back into the pits of their realm. Denetheos was defeated, suffering heavy injuries during the battle, but the adventurers who fought him were unable to deliver a fatal blow. In a last ditch effort to prevent him from returning, the Goddess severed all pathways to Tartarus, Themelio, and to Heaven after returning with her angels.

He was enraged by his defeat, and it is said in his rage he re-shaped the face of Tartarus. Whether this is true or not, is lost to the annals of time. However, he knew one day he would get a chance at conquering the mortals again. He sent his sins to discover a way to re-enter Themelio. They scoured even the deepest parts of Tartarus, even places that were a danger to the Sins where Eldritch horrors waited. However, the Goddess delivered an Ultimatum to Denetheos. Cease his search for a way to the mortal realm, and she would send the souls of sinners to him to do with as he pleased. Still recovering from the wounds received in his previous battle, he had little choice but to accept.

Since then, he has done just that. He built the massive prisons that house the countless mortals souls, where they would endlessly be tortured for their sins. Two in each realm, one for each Sin, plus the large prison dubbed 'The Well of Souls' located next to the Infernal Palace. He tasked the sins to watch over the prisons and to gather the souls that would be housed in them. That has been their duty since the days the Requiem War ended.

The Well of Souls is a massive prison, stretching far into the depths and into the sky of Tartarus. Its so large, that no one has ever been able to get to the bottom of it. The first few floors and basement floors are where the cells are, with the upper floors holding torture with instruments of pain that would make even the most stalwart Paladin shudder. The Well is typically where all souls must pass on their way into Tartarus. It is where they are housed while the demons collect them to ship them to one of the other prisons. Such a system isn't perfect, however, and some souls have been locked in there for ages....

However, one thing it is, is escape proof. At least, that is what everyone believed. It is watched over by the Tyrant King himself, so it must be, right?....

Some time after all of this system had been established, the unthinkable happened. Nearly all the prisoners in the Well of Souls escaped in a massive prison riot. No one is really sure how it happened except for the perpetrators. The prison should have been well equipped to handle such a situation, but for whatever reason something or someone prevented it from being put down. The escaped souls fled into the desolate landscape, braving the horrors of Tartarus for a chance at freedom.

Denetheos was furious. He at first blamed the Goddess for this. He sent a 'peaceful' delegation to a pre-determined meeting point and after coming to the conclusion she had nothing to do with it, he came to another conclusion. One of his Sins and possibly one of the Four, had betrayed him.

This, presented a dilemma to him. He couldn't just kill off the Sins and replace it. It would throw the balance of the realms out. The Generals could easily be replaced, but if all of them were loyal and he killed them, then that could turn them against him. So, he waited, to see how the mortals that escaped would play out. Would they disappear into the wastes never to be seen again, or did whoever break them out have some sort of plan?

Eventually, the humans showed themselves. They raided the shipments of prisoners that were being transported and otherwise were being a thorn in the side of Denetheos. He sent the Four after them, sure they could easily handle a few mortals. They set a trap for them, which would have ended any resistance then and there, if it worked. He kept the information of the trap a secret from the Sins, only telling the Four. As his suspicions were correct, the mortals were one step ahead of the Four and were long gone by the time they sprang their trap. So, there was a traitor among the four.

But that only proved there was a traitor among them, not who it was. Whoever it was, had covered their tracks so that no one could link them to the information leak.

Eventually, the two sides began clashing in an all out battles. The humans with whoever was supplying them evenly matched the demons battle for battle. Where demons had numbers and strength,the Humans had cunning and resourcefulness. For now, the battle is at a stalemate. Each side waiting for the other to make a move. Without something thrown into the equation, it seems as though this will go on for awhile....

~The Plot~
The world is on the verge of being cast into chaos. Not many can deny this fact, and even fewer see a way to stop the eventual tipping point. Most mortals go about their daily lives, doing the best they can while the kings and queens of the various countries attempt and fail to re-create the peace from the Golden Era. Indeed, many rulers are distrustful of one another despite putting on friendly faces. They build up their armies, and hide behind their walls, waiting for someone to make the next move. The world seems to be declining towards chaos. Bandits pillage and plunder. Pirates roam the seas unhindered while the nations are too busy plotting each others downfall.

Of course, this is all irrelevant to you, mortal. You'll never know what happens. Your life, for whatever reason, has ended. Whether it was from a bandit attack, natural causes, or an inquisitor that was killed by a demon he was hunting. You, are dead to the world. Your body buried or left to rot where you were killed. You're family and friends are either wondering what happened to you, or have already paid their last respects. You are well and truly dead. Now, its time for your soul to travel to the afterlife and either be punished for the sins you committed, or given eternal life for the good deeds you did.

Well, that is what normally should happen. Unfortunately for you, someone has been messing with the system, so whether you were pure or sinful in life....

WELCOME TO TARTARUS,
The Fallen Kingdom.
1400x696_13415_Hell_2d_horror_hell_fantasy_architecture_lava_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

Some of the rulers of Tartarus have grown tired of Denetheos and his ways. They wish to Dethrone the tyrant, each having their own reason for wanting too, whether it be lust for power, or they simply have grown tired of him. This is why the instigated the prison break, so they had their own army since most of the demons would be loyal to Denetheos without question. However, as things currently stand it looks like its going to be a long, drawn out war. That, is why they have called the souls of several mortals here. They need someone who wouldn't have any ties to Denetheos. Fresh blood, if you will.

They will offer these souls power, immortality, or whatever else they desire should it be within their power. Of course, they don't expect any of the mortals to live through this. These few mortals, should they accept their proposal, will be a special team of sorts. They will carry out tasks that are too difficult for a large force to do, all while looking for a way to kill Denetheos. Permanently.

Along the way, you will discover the history of the Fallen Kingdom, and make choices that will shape the future of the three realms. Will you side with the Sins, in hopes of creating a better Tartarus, or will you join Denetheos in return for power? Or perhaps you simply want your mortal life back and spend your time searching for a way to return.

~The CS~
(Note: I am looking for 4-7 people for this RP. I will close signups after seven CS's have been accepted.)
Name:
Race: (The most common race in Themelio are humans. There are non-human races, if someone wants to play one, ask me about whatever race you want to be. Be creative here and feel free to create your own. Culture, species and everything! If I like it, I'll be sure to include it in the next chapter which may take place on Themelio. I will say, though, Elves, Dwarves and other such tolkienesque races are unavailable. They are not present on Themelio currently. Also, I'll only be accepting perhaps two or three non-humans, and demons are off limits, sense they are all loyal to Denetheos.)

Age: (when your character died. You don't have to play as a bunch of old people who died a natural death. The land is in a state of turmoil, so young people dying isn't that uncommon nowadays. You'll retain your mortal appearance you had when you died. You may have a scar, or some other mark left on you as a result of how you died, however.)

Appearance: (Picture please, with text description with it if you want. This is going to be a somewhat realistic RP, so keep armor within the realm of actual possibility. You may run into a demon or two wearing some less than practical armor, but that means they usually don't need armor anyways.)

Personality: (please have at least a paragraph - five sentences.
More is always welcome, however.)

Bio: (should include everything up to your characters mortal death. Include what they did in their mortal life, if they were married, had a significant other, etc. Go into much detail as you like. Remember, you do not have to be some shady character for this RP. Someone messed up the system and some good souls got sent to Tartarus.)

Abilities: (Your characters main strengths. Were you a wise mage? A stalwart soldier? An inquisitor? Perhaps a shady alchemist with a knowledge of potions and demonic rituals? You had your whole life to learn these abilities, so feel free to be a bit over powered. Trust me, the demons aren't going to make it easy on you. Hell is a dangerous place. That said, since you are technically dead, you can survive wounds that would incapacitate a normal human. It'll still hurt like hell, and you'll be sore and have a scar, but you won't be dead. usually. Do something incredibly stupid, and I'll make your character hurt :P)

~RULES~
1. I am the GM, please respect my word or I'll have to do something not very nice~

2. While this does take place in Tartarus, please keep it PG-13 for the most part.

3. While the world is fairly open, this RP does have a plot here. Don't attempt to go off and do your own thing without my permission. I'll have to be a meanie pants and do something not nice. And that makes me sad. :(

3a. That said, I don't mind the plot taking detours if your character has some sort of side plot they want to follow. The more your characters end up doing in Tartarus, the better the outcome of their journey will likely be. Just run the details by me first~

4. Don't leave anyone behind. Seriously, don't do it. If I find this has happened, I'll have to do something not nice again. Try to use good judgement here. If you get into a conversation, then its fine if you go back and forth a bit.

5. Try to use good grammar. No on is perfect, not even I (as much as I hate to admit~) but please, write coherently for the most part.
5a. Also, please at least write a paragraph. (5-7 sentences is a paragraph) I will be a bit lenient on this, as long as you don't consistently write one-liners.

6. Try to stay active! I will give everyone about a week to get a post in if there is a certain scene involving your character that we need to progress. Any absence longer than a week without notice, you'll be fed to Gluttony and we'll build a chair out of your bones. If you tell me you're leaving, then fine. We can work around it for you~ (if you're not back in a day or so after your planned leave, we'll still feed you to gluttony.)

7. Romance and everything is fine, and expected. I have no problems with any sexuality (I have no room to judge here xP) But keep things PG-13. No smut on the RP board. Take it to PMs, or just skip that part if it happens.

~Important NPC'S~
Will update as more are revealed/introduced.
Name: Amentiris. (Goes by Iris)
Race: Demon.

Appearance:
sample_b5946df8ec2eedeb3917361ff9a4f94fc65a4ee9.jpg
Iris is tall, much taller than most people, standing at a 6"2'. Her muscles are well toned, and though she's not overly-strong, she can overpower the average person quite easily. She looks very much like a human, aside from a pair of ears that she either won't or can't get rid of. She uses an Illusion spell to achieve this and mask her normal not so human appearance.

She dresses rather...loosely. She likes clothing that allows for good flexibility. She has no need for armor, since she mainly uses magic for fighting.

Personality: Iris isn't your average demon mostly. She's loyal only to herself. Not Denetheos, the Sins, the Four, or anyone else. The reason is rather obscure, as she herself doesn't like talking about her reasons, many times often stating she doesn't have a reason. This is not true, but she has never told anyone her true intentions.

What she does have in common with demons, are qualities normally found in demons of Lust, and maybe Wrath. She's flirty, and likes to flirt with almost everyone no matter who or what they are. She'll openly make inappropriate remarks and double entendres to anyone, and they are her go to way to cope with stress and to mess with anyone she may be in conflict with. Usually. She does have a temper when she gets angry, her more demonic traits showing when she does so, and it can be hard to calm her once she gets really pissed.

Aside from these two main traits, she's fairly easy going and doesn't like to get in a hurry to do things and can get along with almost anyone, given they're not some Zealot who thinks all of her kind needs to be 'cleansed' and 'destroyed'.

Bio: Iris is a mystery, even to most of the other denizens of Tartarus. No one is quite sure where she came from, but from the way she dresses it's assumed she's either really old or that she loots tombs and ancient ruins within the realm, as she wears clothing found in ancient tapestries and on the rotting bones of the undead.

What is known, is that she doesn't submit to Denetheos's rule, and is considered to be a bit of a thorn in his side. She'd leave him alone if he left her alone, but he doesn't like it when his subjects defy him, and even less so when they go poking around where they shouldn't.

Abilities: Iris is mainly a necromancer and a user of dark magic. She specializes in curses, hexes, and raising the dead. All of her abilities are condemned by the church of Illya and considered vile practices, as they all mess with the so called 'life force' of people and twists it. She's agile, nimble, and her staff can double as a weapon in its own right.

~Accepted CS's~

Name: Jarick Nalathen
Race: Human

Appearance: Jarick is a sturdy 5'11", with unkempt black hair and a roughly-shaven goatee. His face is rugged and worn from countless crusades and his armor bears the scuffs, scratches, and bloody discolorations from hunting down numerous demons. His stocky build is well-suited to the full plate he wears, and powerful arms swing his mighty waraxe with full force. He bears many minor scars all over his rough body, though his most prominent is a jagged X-shaped scar across his chest from the strike that finally killed him.

Personality: As stern an Inquisitor as any, Jarick's focus lies in eradicating any and all demons that plague the land. He believes only in Illya's law and the divine might she grants to him and those of his order. His piercing glare is the sentence, and his holy waraxe is the punishment. Jarick's serious and severe demeanor has been tempered over the years as he's been sent on numerous inquisitions and crusades to battle the forces of Tartarus. Even so, the stalwart crusader grows increasingly frustrated with the seemingly-endless nature of his task, and can sometimes reach a boiling point of impatience. While not outright furious, the smoldering burn of his glare can sear even the most resolute of men. The only softness in his heart died out along with his late wife, and now Jarick bears the cold weight of her death on his shoulders alongside his Goddess-given mission.

Bio: Jarick was born into a religious family, and was raised on a strict and tight sense of morality. The word of Illya was law to the Nalathen family, and as such they produced some of the most effective inquisitors Themelio had seen. Unsurprisingly, Jarick underwent training at a young age alongside his religious study with the Church of Illya. However, his family were some of those who felt that the Church's judgement was insufficient for the trouble that was brewing in the land and space between lands. Jarick's father received a message from Illya herself - or so he claimed - that he was to form an organization separate from the Church. An organization dedicated to hunting down and wiping out all trace of demonic influence from the land. This organization was known as the Ivory Inquisition, and housed the fiercest and most devout crusaders from all over the world. All who sought to deliver Illya's divine wrath upon the land were recruited into the Inquisition, and together they were a force to be reckoned with.

Jarick was naturally inducted into the Inquisition when he came of age and had been sufficiently trained. As a Nalathen, he was peerless with the blade, and was one of the Inquisition's fiercest crusaders. The life of an inquisitor didn't leave time for much else, but in what off time he did have, he developed a relationship with Eryn, a priestess of Illya who was dissatisfied with the Church's inaction, but lacked the power to do anything about it. Jarick eventually convinced her to join the Ivory Inquisition as a Valkyrie, a priestess who served the Inquisition as a healer and tender of the dead. The Valkyries presided over the blessing of the fallen, leading the Inquisition in prayer to send off those who died in battle with what demons remained and those who worshiped them. As well, the Valkyries tended to the wounded, invoking the blessings of Illya to bind injuries and stave off Death. However, there was one that even the Valkyries could not return to strength. Kesim Nalathen, Jarick's father, fell ill after a grueling crusade in which he sustained a heavy wound. The demonic nature of the weapon that injured him made it incredibly difficult to heal through. Kesim insisted that he could continue the crusade, and his forced march is what turned the wound from severe to lethal. He passed away during the off time when there were no immediate threats, but not before bestowing the family heirloom upon Jarick. The holy waraxe Basilikos, passed down the Nalathen line for generations, was imbued with the power of Illya herself. This axe brought down all that opposed the Goddess with great prejudice, and its hunger would not be sated until all demonic influence had been wiped from existence. By inheriting Basilikos, Jarick had also inherited his family's legacy. As would be expected, he stepped up to take his father's place as High Inquisitor and brought the full might of Basilikos to bear.

Though, not all was melancholy for Jarick, as soon after his ascendance to High Inquisitor he married Eryn. The day of their wedding was one of the most joyous days the Inquisition had seen, and stuck in the minds of many for years to come. Of course, as there are high points there must also be low points, and the near eradication of the Inquisition was a dark day indeed. They had been ambushed by cultists of great power, rivaling that of Denetheos' general War himself. The slaughter was swift and brutal, and none were left alive. Even Jarick eventually fell, slashed twice through the chest with demonic blades similar to those that had killed Kesim. The next thing Jarick knew, he was standing at the gates of Tartarus, full of divine fury and the will to take on Denetheos himself.

Abilities: As a direct descendant of the Nalathen line, Jarick wields the holy waraxe Basilikos, infused with the divine might of Illya herself. Its strikes sear the flesh of the demonic and banish the unholy with Illya's judgement. He is also a capable fighter in his own right, with great endurance and strength, and incredible toughness to withstand blows that would bring lesser men to their knees. Going with the full blessings of the Goddess and those who have fallen in Her name, Jarick brings divine wrath and holy judgement upon the denizens of Tartarus.

Name: Darius Dragonbane

Appearance:

Reckoning-AgarthFateweaver.png
Without Armor

440996.jpg
With Armor

Personality: Prideful and stubborn to the point that most people consider him foolish. Darius cannot tolerate seeing a warrior with a consistent weakness. Though merciless in combat, he always respects his opponents to some degree based on their commitment to beat him. He is devoted only to his men and will help them through anything that they are truly incapable of doing. Darius believes a true warrior should either know all of your weaknesses, or make sure your opponent doesn't know them so that you are or appear invincible.

Bio: Darius wasn't born into some high-end family. Instead, he was born from a poor family that quickly died one after the other from a plague at the time, leaving him to fend for himself as a street urchin at the age of 4. Darius "lived" in the mountain city of Drakalis, which was considered the unofficial capitol for the many tribes and warrior clans that dwelt in the mountains. Darius was stubborn since the time he could speak and would never back down on any taunts or challenges he received, even if they were from those of authority. Most of the time he ended up getting beaten senseless, but for some reason, he would never utter a yelp or show any sign that he was in pain when he was hit. after a few years of living on the streets that he managed to piss off a major warrior chief, which almost led to his death my public execution. Despite his stubbornness, Darius knew he would die if he stayed in the city, so he fled into the mountains the first chance he got. That turned out to be a mistake on his part, because it was nearly winter and the mountain passes were starting to close up.

Darius was forced to take shelter within a massive cave when a blizzard came from nowhere. He only brought food and water to last a few days, but the storm kept raging on for far longer. The snow eventually filled the cave entrance, sealing it shut. Darius was left in the cold, dark, cavern with no food, but he didn't feel the sharp pains you usually feel when your body gets cold. For as long as he could remember, he was never in pain. Even if he got a cut or a broken bone he wouldn't feel it. at least 5 days had gone by with him stuck in the cave. Darius was on the brink of dehydration, so he figured to try and go further into the cave to see if there was any water. he inched his way along the wall in the inky blackness of the cavern.

He went deep into the bowels of the mountain until he noticed a light at the end of the cave. It took him a few moments to realize that the light was steadily getting closer. it was only when it was right on top of him that he realized the glow came from the flaring nostrils of a massive dragon. Evidently the closed cave entrance was depriving the dragon of oxygen so it was going to clear the entrance. Darius managed to find a crack in the wall he was using to guide his way just large enough for him to fit into. The dragon walked right past him without noticing. Once at the entrance, the dragon simple exhaled if fire breath to melt the packed snow and open the entrance. Darius nearly lost his mind at the sight of water, even if it was boiling hot water. That was when the dragon noticed the little intruder in its home. Dragons perceive any living thing that enters their home a threat and almost always kill them. This dragon was of no different mindset and was ready to exhale another fire breath onto the boy, but the dragon soon found a rope come from behind in a lasso and tighten around its mouth to clamp it shut. Soon more ropes an lassos started to wrap around the dragon. Darius didn't know what was going on at first because the massive amount of light that streamed into the cave blinded him for a moment. When he regained his sight he saw people in strange scale-like armor surrounding and tying up the dragon. One noticed Darius and ordered a few of the others to get the boy something to eat. Darius didn't notice sine it was so dark in the cave but his long period without food or water had made him a rather skeletal looking figure. After nearly eating half o their supplies, The man in charge introduced himself and his men as DragonBanes.

The DragonBane clan was a well respected and fierce clan of dragon tamers. They had known of the dragon I the cavern and waited it out until it surfaced. When Darius told them his tae about surviving in the cave for 5 days they were a bit surprised. To survive that long alone in the frigid mountains was one thing, it was another remarkable feat that he was in a dragon's lair for nearly a wee without it having noticed. To say they were interested in this urchin now was an understatement. So, they offered Darius to become a DragonBane. Darius didn't really have anything to lose so he agreed and so they left for the very city that he ran away from. Now a DragonBane, the big shots that were after Darius couldn't touch him lest they risk the wrath of the entire clan.

From then on, Darius devoted the rest of his life to being a true DragonBane and took it a step further by becoming one of the clan's Dragon Cavaliers. The Cavaliers were the elite of the clan's fighters who had tamed their dragons to be ridden and fight without losing control. Darius was given both armor made of dragon bone and an enchanted bastard sword crafted from an elder dragon's fang. Every Cavalier is given a squad of recruits to train in the hopes they will also become Cavaliers. However, during a training exercise, Darius and his squad were ambushed by a rival clan that were expert dragon hunters. Unlike the tamers, they hunted dragons with the intent to kill and have trained themselves to use bows and fire arrows in the narrow gaps between dragon scales. One of these such arrows found its way into a gap between Darius' helmed and the collar of his breastplate. The sight of seeing their leader hit made the people in the squad freak out , but Darius managed to calm them and ordered them to return to the clan saying that he would be right behind them, but this was merely to get them to agree to go back. The arrow on its own wouldn't have been lethal, but the hunters dip their arrowheads in a lethal toxin so as to render the dragons immobile and eventually die. Darius still couldn't fell the pain even as his life was ebbing away. Before falling unconscious, he told his dragon to flee back home. He had no idea if his dragon obeyed because he died after giving the order.

Now Darius wakes up at the gates of Tartarus. He didn't feel any hatred or a sense this was unfair, he only felt a sense of regret that he couldn't see his men become Cavaliers.

Abilities: For some reason, he is unable to feel any pain and so can fight for much longer with injuries than most other people. His dragon bone armor is both flame and magic resistant and his blade it able to summon a powerful flame to engulf it and can even be projected as fireballs. a DragonBane must undergo training and can only be considered a true tamer if they can capture a wild dragon by themselves and tame it without any assistance. As such, he has gained an incredible stamina and endurance from fighting with and commanding dragons. DragonBanes are also trained to have to kill dragons if they are impossible to tame or are beyond healing after an injury (dragons have a great measure of pride and would rather die fighting). As a warrior clan, they are also trained to fight other people, be it to defend their dragons, their honor, or just to blow off some steam.

Name: Catherine Clearwater The Divine Rose

Appearance:
women-in-armor31.jpg

She stands at 5' 5". Athletic build. The handles on her back are non-existent. Her eyes are a startling blue. A handful of her curled locks end shorter than the rest. Most people would describe her as strikingly beautiful. She rolled a 19 for hotness. ;D
299.png

Her shield, in addition to the cross, as a small etching of a rose on it. Her blade also shares this. The sword has a 79 cm blade and weighs 2 pounds and 8.4 ounces
shapeimage_2.png

Personality: Strong willed, witty, and stern with men. Catherine is both a warrior and a lady. She acts as both, and expects to be treated as both. She is not afraid to be among men as if they were her equals, and quickly nullifies people's perceptions of her as a woman not fit to fight. She is also starkly innocent, and even due to here old age (for the time) she is still of virgin blood.

Bio: Catherine Clearwater started her life as an orphan. She was early on taken in by the church and was fed and clothed, and given a home. Living in a part of the world which still greatly feared another attack from the demons of the world below, she was trained in the ways of a battle cleric. Taught holy miracles that both gave her the ability to heal her allies and smite her foes. As well how to fight with sword and shield to defend mankind. Only ever given the opportunity to hunt down lesser beasts which threatened small settlements around her kingdom, she never had to test her mettle against a true demon, though she had slayed many beast and bandits alike. She was considered a saint by the common folk and her only sin was a fiery temper. These feats were also her demise. During the raid on a brigand camp, she caught a crossbow bolt in the heart.

Abilities: A skilled warrior with her sword and shield, and even lithe and quick in her armor. She has the ability to cast miracles. Mostly of healing spells, but she has become fond of a certain miracle that allows her to seemingly throw a spear made of lightning. Lightning being considered a holy force by her religion. She also has learned a few miracles that allow her to create light.

Challenge: Who can tell me why she fights with a sword and board? Hint: The singular of this word starts and ends with the same letter.

Name: Iwao Mamoru

Appearance:
Clan_Ronin___Kakita_Hikaru_by_Tensen01.png

He stands at 5'8 and is seen always wearing his traditional white kimono and blue armor. He was born, oddly, with white hair and chooses to keep it long, or wrap it in a ponytail. His complexion is pale, due to his death, and if someone comes close they would notice the grey/blue/purple tinge to him, and the smell of sea water.

Personality: Always the gentleman, even to his tradition-strict culture, he loves putting himself before others for the greater good. Iwao has a deep respect for any warriors of any kind, including a slight respect for the demons and their combat prowess. He loves both aspects of peace and war. War is a cleanse so that the most fit could prove their worth to their people, while peace is a time of growth where sides that were once foes can exchange hands and be able to put aside their differences for the sake of prosperity. With that being said, he will not hesitate to strike the killing blow should the time allow, he believes in black and white combat and will not toy with his opponent save for the occasional joke for the sake of his nerves. He takes his honor seriously and although he has a sense of humor, albeit a dry one, he can't really take a joke about his mother.

Bio: Far in the vast seas of Themilio lies the long slice of land that Iwao was born. The island, called Fú jiā or floating home, is almost like a myth to the larger populated areas of Themilio since it is seldom visited by the mainland, thus his civilization has grown to their own customs and traditions and has had to rely on their own hunters to deal with whatever demon or monster that came to them.
Iwao grew up a born warrior, like his ancestors before him, and throughout his childhood was taught in the art of swordplay. When his father was killed by a rouge water demon during a hunt, he had to step up and continue the family lineage. At the age of eighteen he was an established warrior, blacksmith, and even the lover to a girl he had known since his childhood, Hanna was her name. At the turn of his twentieth birthday he was given his ancestral armor, a common practice in his culture, and his fathers sword that was recovered during the aftermath of the incident. At age 33, He kissed his wife, Hanna and son Akio before leading his own hunting pack after a massive whale like beast that was terrorizing the fishermen of the island, the very beast that killed his own father in what seemed like moments ago in his mind. Before long Iwao spotted the creature and instructed the harpooning team to let loose, for hours the beast battled with the hunting pack before it came to an end. Iwao tried his best, utilizing an ancient sword magic and cleaving into the beast but alas, with one final breath the beast leaped out of the water just as Iwao did. The steel of his fathers sword met the thick blubbery flesh of the monster, he diverted the beast from the hunting packs ship but in doing so, kept him and the beast together until they both plunged into the water. The weigh of the beast on top of him sent him plummeting deep into the ocean, where he met a watery grave.
Now he wakes up in Tartarus, the taste of salt in his mouth and the memory of Hanna and Akio in his mind, he readied his swords, took in a deep breath, and awaited for whatever was to come.

Abilities: Iwao was born with the trait of great power. He was able to utilize what many monks and mages of his island called the three paths technique. He can utilize the Stone, Cloud and Fire paths that each grant him superhuman abilities with the sword. Stone path is able to grant his swords the ability to cut the hardest surfaces with ease, the Fire path allows Iwao to conjure flames into his sword strikes, the Cloud path transmutes his sword into a large fan into which he can summon tornado like winds. The repercussions of his powers is that he is physically drained the longer he uses them, he can stand using the powers for maybe ten minutes before becoming fatigued.

Items: he has two swords always by his side.
Ryūjin, Dragon God: This sword has a deep connection with Iwao, since he forged it himself. It has a single saw-toothed blade that is flat black. The guard is crescent shaped. Its grip is formed like a dragon with extended wings.
His families ancestral sword. Umi Ha, Sea Edge: This sword has a blade of a light blue color. Its grip is wrapped with a tan leather and has a pattern made of waves sewn into it. The pommel bears a single moonstone.

Name:
Welda Ebonheart

Race:
Human

Appearance:
Welda's hair is a very light blonde colour, almost akin to a silver/white hue. She reaches the height of 5'10'' and weighs about 130 lbs. Before her death, she had lively green eyes and lightly tanned skin, but following her death, her eyes are colourless and her skin is a deathly pale colour.

Personality:
Welda is a humble woman, only giving herself and others credit where it is due, and she prefers to stay on the sidelines and out of the spotlight. She doesn't care much for the temptations of glory, fame and sex, hence why she still retains her virginity. She is honourable and intelligent, and this is reflected in her actions and speech, and is a generally trustworthy and reliable person. While she was alive, she had an undying loyalty towards the crown, however, in Tartarus, she is currently loyal to nobody. Because of her blindness, she has a tendency to judge people's beauty through the other senses besides from their visual beauty, which strikes many as weird. As she is no longer bound to the widespread trait of judging people by their appearance, she is a great judge of character, and never judges people by their pasts. Despite this, she is also very just, and shows as much forgiveness or mercy as a person deserves, and is a very moral person, only doing immoral things when there is absolutely no other way.

Bio:
Welda is a member of the royal family of the Kingdom of Oblivion. She is descended from the founder of the kingdom, Steyvon Ebonheart, and her imperial line is quite close to the ruling line. A product of an incestuous relationship between her parents, who were both half-siblings, she was a second cousin to the ruling king and betrothed to his crown prince before his unfortunate and untimely demise. Welda was always unreligious when she was alive, and often harshly reprimanded for this by the king's ministers. Despite her royal ties, Welda prefered to live a simple life away from the capital, where she was free from the influence of the corrupt ministers in the court. When she was 24, an uprising occured in an attempt to overthrow the young king Harold Ebonheart. Welda raised an army of 10,000 men to support her cousin and remove the rebels, who had turned to banditry to support their own army. Welda personally killed the rebel leader Vans Herndal in a prolonged battle two years into the war and the king hoped to give her a grand title to show his gratitude. Some of the king's ministers feared that Welda would use her newfound power to remove the ministers, who she openly resented. To retain their own power, these particular ministers heavily implicated Welda in Herndal's rebellion, claiming it was a political move for her to receive power, and disbanded her armed forces. Welda called for the other warlords in the kingdom to join her in a coalition against the ministers, but many warlords were tempted by the corrupt ministers' offers of power and those who weren't were killed. Thus, with a coalition formed against her, Welda was soon captured. Although she was given mercy by Harold, her home was attacked by the local warlord Marrick Sheothbane.

Death:
Welda was killed after fighting off dozens of Marrick Sheothbane's men alone. Sheothbane dueled with her and defeated her by impaling her with his sword. As she died, he mutilated her body by inserting pins through her irises. This means that Welda is now blind in both eyes, and has a scar on her abdomen and back.

Abilities:
Welda has powerfully heightened senses. Following her 'admittance' into Tartarus, she has mastered her senses of smell, hearing, taste and touch, and is now capable of detecting and understanding any object in her environment to perfect detail. She can easily locate specific people by remembering their smells and uses echolocation to work out exactly where she is and where other people are in relation to her at all times.
Welda can handle herself in hand-to-hand combat and her skills with a sword are marvelous. She excels in using ranged weapons, as her senses help her locate people with precision.

Name: Ijani Rennsi (ee-yahn-ee ren-sea)
Race: Lleian

Appearance:
View attachment 33573
Ijani stands at 5'3", average for his race. He is slim and relatively fit, but with little muscular to speak of, and his long, straight black hair frames his inhumanly yellow eyes. The increased longevity of his race grants him youth reminiscent of a human five years his junior, and whilst most of his caramel colored skin remains unscarred, his long, white-fur trimmed black coat covers a large, deep scar over his heart, betraying the nature of his untimely death.

Personality: The death of his parents as well as the nature of his work have left him socially inept, insecure and somewhat of a recluse. He keeps to himself and rarely divulges his thoughts to others, but generally tries to be a kind person. Repeated exposure to uncontrolled demonic magics has taken its toll on his sanity, but his strength of will has kept him more or less sane - for now, at least.
Endowed with a thirst for knowledge from a very early age, he is very scholarly and is always fascinated by things he does not yet understand, no matter how taboo they may be.
However, he holds a great resentment for the Church who he blames for his misfortune.

Bio: A child of a poor family, Ijani's natural gifts in spellcasting were discovered at the age of 8 after he was caught stealing food from behind a market stall by a passing mage by the name of Mejdi. Cornered and afraid, the frightened young boy acted purely on instict and knocked the wizard off his feet with a powerful wave of kinetic energy that took him completely by surprise. Though Mejdi was inevitably able to apprehend the boy, he saw great potential in an untrained child able to conjure magical energies at such a young age, and pulled some strings in order to grant him a place at the Academ Arcani, the most prestigious mage school in the kingdom.
Ijani's parents, seeing this as an oppurtunity to give their son a better life than they could have had, agreed to send him away.

Whilst he had always been inquisitive, Ijani's thirst for knowledge truly began there. The wealth of knowledge and power contained within the walls of the school fascinated the young child. From as soon as he was able to read them, Ijani could be found in the great library, hungrily devouring books through almost all of his free time. He excelled in his classes, always eager to learn, always asking questions. His teachers considered him a model student, and encouraged him as much as they could - until, during a class on the nature of demons, he started asking questions the school deemed "unsuitable".

Despite the childish innocence with which it was asked, his teacher was taken aback when she was asked why so little research had ever been done into demonic magics. "Such knowledge is simply forbidden, child." she said. "It would be an affront to the Goddess to attempt to harness such taint"

To forbid knowledge to someone such as Ijani could only ever intrigue him more, and he became obsessed with it. He began to ask other teachers about demons, studying every resource on them he could find. Once he had exhausted all available knowledge on the subject, frustrated with his teachers' attempts to stonewall him, he turned to the forbidden sector of the library.
Such knowledge was utterly off-limits to all but the most high-ranking officials at the academy, but he was certain the knowledge he sought was contained within.

In the dead of night, he stealthily made his way to the magically-bound doorway, using the spell of concealment he had been practicing to mask his movement. Through careful study of its energies over several weeks, he was able to dispel and pass through the magical seal protecting the room containing so much forbidden knowledge, but despite all his forethought, his impatience was his downfall. Pulling a random book off of the shelf to study it, he carelessly triggered a ward on the bookcase itself, and was trapped in a magical prison until the headmaster eventually found him.

Breaking into such a forbidden area was grounds for expulsion, and this was no exception, and so at the age of 14 he was forced to leave the academy and rejoin society.

When he finally returned home, Mejdi was waiting for him. Evidently, he had felt an obligation to explain what had happened: word about Ijani's unhealthy fascination with demonic magic had spread to the Order, and the inquisitors, convinced he was the son of cultists, had instead turned to his parents, killing them both.

The experience only served to cement a deep hatred of the church and its inquisitors, and he became more determined than ever to study the forbidden arts.

Mehdi, feeling responsible, took him in as his own until he was old enough to look after himself, but Ijani struggled to find a place for himself in the world. With the allure of forbidden knowledge still in the back of his mind, Ijani began to hunt for demons, stealing corpses and artefacts wherever he could find the opportunity and dissecting them in secret, hoping to unravel their mysteries.

Although he was always wary of arousing too much suspicion, eventually his actions caught up to him.

The inquisitors did not catch him by surprise - he was ready for them when they finally burst down the door to his laboratory. The first one fell quickly, ran through from the shadows with his bladed staff-spear. Channelling through the blade, he quickly drained his victim of blood, weaving it into hundreds of needles and launching them at his partner and impaling her like a pincushion. Thinking his immediate assailants defeated, he stepped forward to face the coming reinforcements. Dozens of holy soldiers assaulted him, inevitably falling to his power and skill. However, inquisitors can be surprisingly stalwart in the face of certain death, and with the last of her life and the last of her strength the warrior he had pincushioned at the start picked up her sword and ran him through from behind, piercing his heart.

Staring death in the face, Ijani became desperate. Conjuring a phantasmal scythe blade from his staff, he tore out the life force of several assaulting inquisitors in an attempt to heal himself, but it was too late. A wound to the heart could not be recovered from so easily, and he collapsed, dead.

Abilities: Ijani is proficient in wielding spears and bladed staves as well as clawed gauntlet weapons, and has the naturally increased magical power of a Lleian. He is highly knowledgeable on the subject of demonology and knows about the strengths and weaknesses of several different types of lesser demon. In addition, he has the ability to absorb magical energies from demons and has so far absorbed the magical powers of a lust demon as well as a mara, giving him the ability to use blood magic, fear magic, charm and life theft.

Ijani's demonic magical abilities have been stolen directly from demons using magical devices that he invented. Some schools of magic such as lust, fear and lifesteal magic are normally impossible for mortals to cast, because they don't have the right kind of mana. Ijani's crystal foci siphon off the magical essence of an incapacitated demon and draw it into himself, altering the nature of his mana to be more demonic and allowing him to learn and cast spells from schools of magic the demon was able to use, though he does not gain any knowledge of how to use the magic through this. The process is quite dangerous and extremely painful, and it only works on Lleians.

In contrast, cultists rely on pacts with demons to be able to cast dark magic by drawing from the demon's own mana rather than their own. It's inefficient, and they're limited to the powers of the demon they have formed the pact with.

Race info:
Lleians are a race clearly related to humans but noticeably different from them. Despite a clear common ancestor, the llei are very much a different species from humans and are unable to breed with them at all, even to produce infertile hybrids.

The llei have considerably less variety in skin color than humans and appear only in colors ranging from light brown to dark brown. They can be most easily distinguished from humans by their inhuman yellow or orange irises and androgynous appearance -
sexual dimorphism in llei is somewhat less pronounced. Males have narrower shoulders and wider hips than the average human and are also lacking in facial hair, whilst the females tend to have much smaller breasts and are not shorter than the males.

The llei live slightly longer than humans on average but tend to be shorter and more slight in build. They are also able to absorb magical energy more easily than humans and thus have a larger natural affinity for magic. This trait has caused their society to revolve around magic moreso than in human society and most of the higher-ups in society are mages.

The llei, being a race of warm climates, are ill suited to cold weather and suffer it more easily than the hardier humans do.

The llei are one of the few races still not in outright war with the humans, though relations are still somewhat tense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely like the idea. Would have honestly liked a bit of backstory into a few of the kingdoms to make for a bit more realistic bio for origins, occupations, etc. but that's just my opinion.

Ehe, thanks~

Maybe I should have done that, but I was going to give the players a bit free reign over that, meaning you could create your own so long as its not some over-powered super kingdom.

Point taken I guess. Would help people make their idea character but would also put some irrelevant stuff into their bios as to what their kingdom is like. Unless you were going to take ideas and edit them into the intro.

Themelio isn't really important to the overall plot of this RP, so, no, I wasn't going to edit anything into the intro.

As for 'irrelevant' stuff in the CS, nothing is irrelevant in the CS. If they put it in there, then its important and I will read it.

so I've been hanging back and looking over all of the role-plays for one that i really liked, and this is the one! i tape you can accept me, a total newbie here, and if i could, also submit a character for approval later down the line.

so I've been hanging back and looking over all of the role-plays for one that i really liked, and this is the one! i tape you can accept me, a total newbie here, and if i could, also submit a character for approval later down the line.

I'd be more than happy to welcome you aboard!~

I'm a newbie when it comes to GMing things, so yeah, we're both noobs, I think we'll get along fine xP

Feel free to ask any questions you may have. Lord knows I forgot to put something in the Original post, so yeah xD

I'd be more than happy to welcome you aboard!~

I'm a newbie when it comes to GMing things, so yeah, we're both noobs, I think we'll get along fine xP

Feel free to ask any questions you may have. Lord knows I forgot to put something in the Original post, so yeah xD

Well i do have one question, I love using a character i came up with and use as a blanket character at most of my role-play sites, can i use

this guy? (note: he's not finished, and i will change a lot of things to better suit the story, but I want to keep his general feel the same)

...sounds like a samurai ninja xD

He sounds awesome. I'd totally accept him :D

@Domotoro blast it! I was thinking of having a character with some blacksmith skills but now I can't use it with your character having claimed it T-T

I really love the concept of this, especially all the detail that went into the backstory and lore. Love me a fleshed out world. That said, here's my character submission:

Name: Jarick Nalathen

Appearance: Jarick is a sturdy 5'11", with unkempt black hair and a roughly-shaven goatee. His face is rugged and worn from countless crusades and his armor bears the scuffs, scratches, and bloody discolorations from hunting down numerous demons. His stocky build is well-suited to the full plate he wears, and powerful arms swing his mighty waraxe with full force. He bears many minor scars all over his rough body, though his most prominent is a jagged X-shaped scar across his chest from the strike that finally killed him.

Personality: As stern an Inquisitor as any, Jarick's focus lies in eradicating any and all demons that plague the land. He believes only in Illya's law and the divine might she grants to him and those of his order. His piercing glare is the sentence, and his holy waraxe is the punishment. Jarick's serious and severe demeanor has been tempered over the years as he's been sent on numerous inquisitions and crusades to battle the forces of Tartarus. Even so, the stalwart crusader grows increasingly frustrated with the seemingly-endless nature of his task, and can sometimes reach a boiling point of impatience. While not outright furious, the smoldering burn of his glare can sear even the most resolute of men. The only softness in his heart died out along with his late wife, and now Jarick bears the cold weight of her death on his shoulders alongside his Goddess-given mission.

Bio: Jarick was born into a religious family, and was raised on a strict and tight sense of morality. The word of Illya was law to the Nalathen family, and as such they produced some of the most effective inquisitors Themelio had seen. Unsurprisingly, Jarick underwent training at a young age alongside his religious study with the Church of Illya. However, his family were some of those who felt that the Church's judgement was insufficient for the trouble that was brewing in the land and space between lands. Jarick's father received a message from Illya herself - or so he claimed - that he was to form an organization separate from the Church. An organization dedicated to hunting down and wiping out all trace of demonic influence from the land. This organization was known as the Ivory Inquisition, and housed the fiercest and most devout crusaders from all over the world. All who sought to deliver Illya's divine wrath upon the land were recruited into the Inquisition, and together they were a force to be reckoned with.

Jarick was naturally inducted into the Inquisition when he came of age and had been sufficiently trained. As a Nalathen, he was peerless with the blade, and was one of the Inquisition's fiercest crusaders. The life of an inquisitor didn't leave time for much else, but in what off time he did have, he developed a relationship with Eryn, a priestess of Illya who was dissatisfied with the Church's inaction, but lacked the power to do anything about it. Jarick eventually convinced her to join the Ivory Inquisition as a Valkyrie, a priestess who served the Inquisition as a healer and tender of the dead. The Valkyries presided over the blessing of the fallen, leading the Inquisition in prayer to send off those who died in battle with what demons remained and those who worshiped them. As well, the Valkyries tended to the wounded, invoking the blessings of Illya to bind injuries and stave off Death. However, there was one that even the Valkyries could not return to strength. Kesim Nalathen, Jarick's father, fell ill after a grueling crusade in which he sustained a heavy wound. The demonic nature of the weapon that injured him made it incredibly difficult to heal through. Kesim insisted that he could continue the crusade, and his forced march is what turned the wound from severe to lethal. He passed away during the off time when there were no immediate threats, but not before bestowing the family heirloom upon Jarick. The holy waraxe Basilikos, passed down the Nalathen line for generations, was imbued with the power of Illya herself. This axe brought down all that opposed the Goddess with great prejudice, and its hunger would not be sated until all demonic influence had been wiped from existence. By inheriting Basilikos, Jarick had also inherited his family's legacy. As would be expected, he stepped up to take his father's place as High Inquisitor and brought the full might of Basilikos to bear.

Though, not all was melancholy for Jarick, as soon after his ascendance to High Inquisitor he married Eryn. The day of their wedding was one of the most joyous days the Inquisition had seen, and stuck in the minds of many for years to come. Of course, as there are high points there must also be low points, and the near eradication of the Inquisition was a dark day indeed. They had been ambushed by cultists of great power, rivaling that of Denetheos' general War himself. The slaughter was swift and brutal, and none were left alive. Even Jarick eventually fell, slashed twice through the chest with demonic blades similar to those that had killed Kesim. The next thing Jarick knew, he was standing at the gates of Tartarus, full of divine fury and the will to take on Denetheos himself.

Abilities: As a direct descendant of the Nalathen line, Jarick wields the holy waraxe Basilikos, infused with the divine might of Illya herself. Its strikes sear the flesh of the demonic and banish the unholy with Illya's judgement. He is also a capable fighter in his own right, with great endurance and strength, and incredible toughness to withstand blows that would bring lesser men to their knees. Going with the full blessings of the Goddess and those who have fallen in Her name, Jarick brings divine wrath and holy judgement upon the denizens of Tartarus.

Last edited:
I really love the concept of this, especially all the detail that went into the backstory and lore. Love me a fleshed out world. That said, here's my character submission:

Ehe~
Thanks. I'm glad to hear that :D

Also, Jarcik looks good. I see no problems with him~
Love the bit about the Ivory Crusaders too! I'll be sure to add that to my notes for future reference. :D
If you want to expand upon this little faction of yours, feel free too as well~

How do you see him reacting to working with/for demons? :P

I know the traditional races are off limits, but how about some of the traditional creatures like dragons and such? I was thinking of making a character that was like a dragon cavalier or something like that.

I know the traditional races are off limits, but how about some of the traditional creatures like dragons and such? I was thinking of making a character that was like a dragon cavalier or something like that.

Of course, can't have a fantasy without dragons :D

How do you see him reacting to working with/for demons? :P

Reaction to working for demons:
"Never! I'll not have spent my entire life hunting demons only to end up on their side! To Hell with you!"

Reaction to working with a demon:
"I see not why we trust the word of this unholy one. I'd sooner separate my own head from my torso than trust his judgement. However, I trust your judgement, and so I begrudgingly swallow my pride as a crusader. I only pray we are not making some huge mistake in trusting this one."

Reaction to working for demons:
"Never! I'll not have spent my entire life hunting demons only to end up on their side! To Hell with you!"

Reaction to working with a demon:
"I see not why we trust the word of this unholy one. I'd sooner separate my own head from my torso than trust his judgement. However, I trust your judgement, and so I begrudgingly swallow my pride as a crusader. I only pray we are not making some huge mistake in trusting this one."

Problem with statement one.
Why my dear, in case you haven't noticed, we're already in Hell! If you're the best the crusaders have, then I'm surprised they get anything done ;P

Statement two:
Wise decision. Never trust a demon xD

Oh, I know; that was a little humor for this hypothetical situation ;P
And that was going to be my characters rebuttal to your statement should they actually engage in this conversation :P

Hmm~
So, you, Trevinth, and Domotoro makes three aside from me. Once they get their CS's up and if we can get one more person, we can get started...

Name: Darius Dragonbane

Appearance:

Reckoning-AgarthFateweaver.png
Without Armor

440996.jpg
With Armor

Personality: Prideful and stubborn to the point that most people consider him foolish. Darius cannot tolerate seeing a warrior with a consistent weakness. Though merciless in combat, he always respects his opponents to some degree based on their commitment to beat him. He is devoted only to his men and will help them through anything that they are truly incapable of doing. Darius believes a true warrior should either know all of your weaknesses, or make sure your opponent doesn't know them so that you are or appear invincible.

Bio: Darius wasn't born into some high-end family. Instead, he was born from a poor family that quickly died one after the other from a plague at the time, leaving him to fend for himself as a street urchin at the age of 4. Darius "lived" in the mountain city of Drakalis, which was considered the unofficial capitol for the many tribes and warrior clans that dwelt in the mountains. Darius was stubborn since the time he could speak and would never back down on any taunts or challenges he received, even if they were from those of authority. Most of the time he ended up getting beaten senseless, but for some reason, he would never utter a yelp or show any sign that he was in pain when he was hit. after a few years of living on the streets that he managed to piss off a major warrior chief, which almost led to his death my public execution. Despite his stubbornness, Darius knew he would die if he stayed in the city, so he fled into the mountains the first chance he got. That turned out to be a mistake on his part, because it was nearly winter and the mountain passes were starting to close up.

Darius was forced to take shelter within a massive cave when a blizzard came from nowhere. He only brought food and water to last a few days, but the storm kept raging on for far longer. The snow eventually filled the cave entrance, sealing it shut. Darius was left in the cold, dark, cavern with no food, but he didn't feel the sharp pains you usually feel when your body gets cold. For as long as he could remember, he was never in pain. Even if he got a cut or a broken bone he wouldn't feel it. at least 5 days had gone by with him stuck in the cave. Darius was on the brink of dehydration, so he figured to try and go further into the cave to see if there was any water. he inched his way along the wall in the inky blackness of the cavern.

He went deep into the bowels of the mountain until he noticed a light at the end of the cave. It took him a few moments to realize that the light was steadily getting closer. it was only when it was right on top of him that he realized the glow came from the flaring nostrils of a massive dragon. Evidently the closed cave entrance was depriving the dragon of oxygen so it was going to clear the entrance. Darius managed to find a crack in the wall he was using to guide his way just large enough for him to fit into. The dragon walked right past him without noticing. Once at the entrance, the dragon simple exhaled if fire breath to melt the packed snow and open the entrance. Darius nearly lost his mind at the sight of water, even if it was boiling hot water. That was when the dragon noticed the little intruder in its home. Dragons perceive any living thing that enters their home a threat and almost always kill them. This dragon was of no different mindset and was ready to exhale another fire breath onto the boy, but the dragon soon found a rope come from behind in a lasso and tighten around its mouth to clamp it shut. Soon more ropes an lassos started to wrap around the dragon. Darius didn't know what was going on at first because the massive amount of light that streamed into the cave blinded him for a moment. When he regained his sight he saw people in strange scale-like armor surrounding and tying up the dragon. One noticed Darius and ordered a few of the others to get the boy something to eat. Darius didn't notice sine it was so dark in the cave but his long period without food or water had made him a rather skeletal looking figure. After nearly eating half o their supplies, The man in charge introduced himself and his men as DragonBanes.

The DragonBane clan was a well respected and fierce clan of dragon tamers. They had known of the dragon I the cavern and waited it out until it surfaced. When Darius told them his tae about surviving in the cave for 5 days they were a bit surprised. To survive that long alone in the frigid mountains was one thing, it was another remarkable feat that he was in a dragon's lair for nearly a wee without it having noticed. To say they were interested in this urchin now was an understatement. So, they offered Darius to become a DragonBane. Darius didn't really have anything to lose so he agreed and so they left for the very city that he ran away from. Now a DragonBane, the big shots that were after Darius couldn't touch him lest they risk the wrath of the entire clan.

From then on, Darius devoted the rest of his life to being a true DragonBane and took it a step further by becoming one of the clan's Dragon Cavaliers. The Cavaliers were the elite of the clan's fighters who had tamed their dragons to be ridden and fight without losing control. Darius was given both armor made of dragon bone and an enchanted bastard sword crafted from an elder dragon's fang. Every Cavalier is given a squad of recruits to train in the hopes they will also become Cavaliers. However, during a training exercise, Darius and his squad were ambushed by a rival clan that were expert dragon hunters. Unlike the tamers, they hunted dragons with the intent to kill and have trained themselves to use bows and fire arrows in the narrow gaps between dragon scales. One of these such arrows found its way into a gap between Darius' helmed and the collar of his breastplate. The sight of seeing their leader hit made the people in the squad freak out , but Darius managed to calm them and ordered them to return to the clan saying that he would be right behind them, but this was merely to get them to agree to go back. The arrow on its own wouldn't have been lethal, but the hunters dip their arrowheads in a lethal toxin so as to render the dragons immobile and eventually die. Darius still couldn't fell the pain even as his life was ebbing away. Before falling unconscious, he told his dragon to flee back home. He had no idea if his dragon obeyed because he died after giving the order.

Now Darius wakes up at the gates of Tartarus. He didn't feel any hatred or a sense this was unfair, he only felt a sense of regret that he couldn't see his men become Cavaliers.

Abilities: For some reason, he is unable to feel any pain and so can fight for much longer with injuries than most other people as well as able to use 100% f his body's strength since he isn't restricted by pain. His dragon bone armor is both flame and magic resistant and his blade it able to summon a powerful flame to engulf it and can even be projected as fireballs. a DragonBane must undergo training and can only be considered a true tamer if they can capture a wild dragon by themselves and tame it without any assistance. As such, he has gained an incredible stamina and endurance from fighting with and commanding dragons. DragonBanes are also trained to have to kill dragons if they are impossible to tame or are beyond healing after an injury (dragons have a great measure of pride and would rather die fighting). As a warrior clan, they are also trained to fight other people, be it to defend their dragons, their honor, or just to blow off some steam.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oho~
Me likey. A clan of Dragon Tamers/Hunters would make an excellent addition to Themelio~

Accepted!

Status
Not open for further replies.