A relationship between good and bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't want to eat the lunch she had made for him, did he not like her cooking actually but he didn't want to admit it or was something really bothering him. "You should eat the lunch Zero." She said back, after he had shook his head no. There seemed to be something on him mind that didn't seem to be good at all. Did it have to do with the bruise on his face? "What is it Zero?" She then asked when he was trying to say something. "You can tell me anything, we're friends remember. And, you should let me fix up that bruise of yours so that way it will heal quickly."

Zero looked at Ayano, he had to wonder why it was that she felt this way about him, why she talked to him the way se did like she was so familiar with him even though she had only known him for two days it was hardly enough time for anyone to rely be classified as a friend. Zero looked Ayano from head to toe as he opened his eyes to look at her. He looked bewildered. Not understanding why he was so confused he became upset. Not knowing why he was so that made him even more upset. Everything he could think of only seemed to spiral him into his own anger. Deeper and deeper he plunged into his own abise. The dark pit that he had dug so deep for himself. He wanted nothing more then tojust leave, to just go invisible so no one would see him, no one would bother him. He exploded in anger.
"What do you want?! Why do you care so much?! You don't even know me and you talk to me as if we're child hood sweet hearts! I don't need your help! I don't want your help so just leave me alone!" Zero fond his fist slamming into a brick wall of the building that was right next to him. He had no reason to beso angry and yet he was. He could feel the liquid touch of his blood flow onto the fingers of his right hand. Zero clenched his teeth, his bangs covered his eyes and he ran off, moving as quickly as he could past Ayano. He found himself at the school's gate. He just wanted to be left alone, he didn't know how to accept others trying to help him with his own problems, so his result was running because he KNEW that no one would take the time to chase him.

Ayano fliched as he yelled at her and hit the wall, then watched as he ran off away from her. He was yelling at her...did he really not like her at all? Did he hate her? She had never dealt with this before, she had never had anyone tell her to leave them alone and not care about them. Ayano couldn't do that, yet it hurt. It hurt to hear those words from him. She looked down, feeling as if she was going to cry. Wait! But, Ayano barely ever cried, it was something she just didn't do yet that's what she wanted to do. She wasn't sure whether to still try to go after him or just to give up and leave him alone. If it was causing him pain to be with her, then maybe she should just let him go. Yet she moved her body, trying to end up following him yet she still felt like she was going to cry. She started into a run, and began to pick up speed to get the gate that she knew Zero would be. Good thing she was good at running. She got there, seeing him at the gate. "Zero!" She shouted out, as she got closer. She suddenly stopped in front of him, her lip quivering. "I just want us to be friends. Everything I do for you is because of that. But...if you really don't like me, then...I guess I shouldn't force you to try and be friends with me anymore. I'm sorry..." She said, still trying to hold back those feelings of tears but she could feel like they were going to come.

Zero felt a fluster of something. Joy? Someone standing before him who actually cared. He didn't know what to do. She was the only one. The whole world could be in complete and utter chaous and he wouldn't even notice because all he saw was her. She made him so calm so quickly. Zero couldn't think of what else to do. He walked up Ayano and wrapped his arms around her wrapping around her entire figure. He had to bend he was that much taller than her. Once he had a firm grip on her he tightened. He could feel his body begin to shake. Zero didn't even notice all the other people including most of Ayano's friends who were staring at them.

Ayano was shocked by Zero's sudden embrace, but it felt nice. She began to blush slightly as she felt his arms wrap around her and him holding her tightly. She felt so small and fragile in his arms, but in a good way. Did it mean he really didn't hate her? He wouldn't go hugging someone if they hated them, right? She raised up her arms, and wrapped them around him too, hugging him back. She didn't care that others were watching, it didn't matter. She wanted to be his friend and no one was going to stop her. "Z-Zero. You...you don't hate me, right? If you do...I think I just might end up crying and I don't usually cry. I...I just want to be able to be your friend. I want to help you because I care about you. I want to make you feel better when your sad and make you happy. So...please, stop running away from me every time I try to get closer."

Zero's body began to tremble.
"I'm sorry...I never meant to make you think that I hated you, I just...I don't know how to open up to others. You've tried so much harder than all the others, and i'll be honest it scared me. It was new to me and I didn't have a method to dealing with it like I do everything else. You gave me a challenge, and...that scared me. I don't know how to let others help me...I don't know how to open up to others, I just..." Zero's voice began to break. He felt awful, he felt selfish. Why would he do or say something like that to Ayano? Why would he say such things to the only person on this earth who seemed to care about him?
Zero hardly even knew what actions were his own anymore. Emotionally conflicted he tried his best to get his shaking under control. He took deep, long, even breathes to try and slow down his breathing. This was Zero's method of shutting down, closing everyone out. He pulled away from Ayano, looking down at her, his method didn't work. He was still completely venerable, but only to her.
Zero didn't feel like being at school for the rest of that day, but, for Ayano's sake, he decided to suck it up and see how much of it he could put up with before blowing up the school.
Zero looked down at Ayano. "Sorry, I don't hate you, I just don't know how to show you..." Zero cut himself off there before he said something that would get him even more attention that he didn't need. For the first time in forever, the courtyard was quiet. Everyone in the school was staring at them wondering what they were talking about or what they had been doing. Glares from many of Ayano's admires were locked on Zero and Zero could feel them. Looking over his shoulder, Zero caught the gaze of one of them. He gave him his coldest, darkest glare and the boy immediately submitted.

Ayano continued to hug Zero as she listened to him. Good, he didn't hate her, that would make her very upset if Zero hated her. She should have just realized that he wasn't used to all of this and that he wouldn't quite understand. Once he pushed her away a bit, she brought her arms back down to her sides and continued to listen. Once he was done talking she replied, "That's okay Zero." Ayano said, "You don't have to try. Trust me when I say that when your friends with someone it will all naturally happen. It already was and you just didn't realize it. You asked me me things, you worried about me last night, and you ate breakfast with me. I haven't had anyone eat breakfast with me since I was very small. It made me happy, and that's what friends do for each other. They take care of one another and try to make each other happy. You are already making me happy with you just finally talking to me. So, please don't run away from our friendship anymore." Ayano didn't care that others were watching, they didn't know what was going on and why did that matter. Ayano just wanted Zero to feel better, to know he wasn't alone and that he didn't have to be. That people did care about him, that she did and she wanted him to realize that no matter she was going to continue to try for him.

Zero's heart warmed. He was glad that he was actually able to make somene happy, he didn't know he was capable of doing such things. At that moment all he wanted to do was grab Ayano and run. To just run off to where it would be the two of them, because all the conversations people were having were begining to leak into Zero's eyes.
"What's Ayano doing with that guy?" "Isn't he the same one that hit her in the back of the head with a soda can the other day?" "Do you think they're going out?" "Wow...poor Ayano, maybe she doesn't know about him yet."
Zero clenched his hands into fists. He wanted to leave.
"Ayano...can you just let me go home?"

Ayano was again surprised by Zero saying he wanted to go home, but she could see something was still bothering him and it was probably all the people watching them. "If that's what you really want." She replied, "But...I really hope that you'll be okay there. If you want you can go to my house instead. There's a hidden key in the plant right by the door or you can go to the restaurant. I would just really like to see you after school and all." She knew the people around them were talking about them, and no doubt they were beginning to make rumors but Ayano wasn't one to listen to them. They were always fake and there wasn't anything good from even paying attention to them. Though, she would help out Zero any way she could, and if he was bothered she would do something about it.

Zero nodded his head. He was going to get hell for this if he decided to go back to school the next day. God knew what the principal was going to do to him. Zero walked off the school grounds and wonderd what he would do. The warehkuse wouldn't open for another few hours at least. He figured he would go home and change, rest for a bit and then go to the place where Ayano worked at.

Ayano watched Zero walk away after giving her a nod. She hoped that he would be okay alone for now, she couldn't go leaving school with him even though she kind of wanted to. She turned around and started to walk back into the school, seeing the people still watching her. Her group of friends suddenly went up to her. "What was that about?" One of the girls had said whose name was Yuki.

"What, with Zero." Ayano replied, "He wasn't feeling well so I wanted to make sure he was okay. That's what friends do." She gave her friends a smile and continued to walk back into the school and head to her next class since lunch was almost over. She would have to go without food until later, that would be fine. Her friends were confused, but knew Ayano was just a very nice caring person, and figured that was all it was.

Eventually others went back to their classes and school started back up after lunch, though rumors were going around about Zero and Ayano and what their relationship might be. Some liked to believe that Ayano and Zero were now dating, others thought that perhaps Zero was forcing her to be together with him for some reasons, and whatever the others were coming up with. Ayano ignored them, and waited until the school day would end to see him. Once that time finally came, Ayano had to head for her work hoping that he decided to at least go there or her home so that way she could take to him more. She headed for her work, and then went to the back to get dressed like usual, hoping that she would possible see Zero come in or being already sitting there waiting for her.

Zero finally made his way home and changed from his school uniform into a long sleved white under shirt and a pair of dark blue jeans. He still had a couple of hours to kill so Zero landed on his bed and curled into a ball. He could just feel his problems dissolve around him like the rest of the word seemed to as he drifted off peacefully into sleep. Though it only took him a couple of hours before his body forced itself to wake up again. School would be ending right around now which meant that Ayano was sure to be getting to work soon. Zero got up out of his bed and made his way to the resturaunt in no time, though the time he had walked through the door would be around the time Ayano would get done dressing. He looked around not seeing many free tables, though there was one in a corner that he saw. Making his was over to the corner table he sat down and looked over the menu that had already been placed there wondering what he would get today.

Ayano came walking out, watching the door and seeing Zero suddenly come in. She smiled, glad he decided to actually come, she was a bit worried he wouldn't end up showing. She started to make her way over to him, wanting to talk to him for a moment. "Zero." She said once she was there. "So, is there anything you want to eat. I'm sure you still haven't eating anything since breakfast. And I still want to talk to you more." She knew that she also had work to do, but Zero was important and he needed to know that she would do anything to try and help him out. There seemed to be a lot of people already served anyway. She could get away with spending a bit more time over with Zero as long as she looked like she was doing her work.

Zero looked up and smiled more than happy to see the familiar face. "Yeah, I'll take what I had the other day." Zero said reciting his order to her so she could write it down just in case she didn't remember. Zero felt bad. She had let him into her world and let him see what it was like, so maybe he should open up a little and do the same thing for her. "What time do you get off of work Ayano?" Zero asked. The warehouse opened at around eight or seven every evening. Zero figured that if she would be open to a change that he could take her there and maybe she would find out just a little bit more about him.

Ayano wrote down what Zero wanted. "I get finished around seven." Ayano replied once she had finished writing down all that he wanted. She could remember some of what she had the other day. "I hope you'll stay around and wait for me, I would like to hang out with you tonight. I'll be back with your drink." She walked away for a few minutes, gave the order to the chefs then came back with his drink and set it down. "There's a lot I want to talk to you about, and you still have to let me look at that bruise of yours. I don't want it to be there for a long time."

Zero nodded acknowledging that he would wait for her until she got off. It wouldn't be to long. Just a few hours and that was it. Zero looked to Ayano when she came back with him drink commenting on the bruise on his face. Zero rested his bottom right jaw line onto the base of his right palm and grabbed the rim of the cup with the tips of his fingers. Looking at the droplets of liquid that resonated from it he watched the cubes of ice moved along with the rhythm of the glass.
"It's just a bruise." Zero said seeing his own sad expression reflecting back at him off the glass. "It's the cuts, bruises, and scars you can't see that sting." Zero said in a hallow tone as he seemed captivated watching the ice move as he moved the glass.

Ayano knew there had to be something going on for Zero, he didn't seem all that happy and it probably had to do with that bruise. "Still, I want to help it heal fast." Ayano replied, "As well as the ones inside." She gave him a smile, hoping that he might cheer up a bit. She left again after a few minutes and returned with his plates of food that he had ordered. She placed them down, but didn't leave yet. "You are just going to have to trust me Zero, everything will get better. I'll make sure of it, and I don't want to see you so upset like earlier. It will be fine." By this time she had to go off again and tend to other people, but it seemed like the time was going by pretty quickly for them. She also spent a lot of time watching Zero to make sure he was doing alright.

Zero took in everything that Ayano was saying, rare. Though he couldn't seem to process it very well, common. He would occasionally look at his watch and then continue to stare out the window. Time seemed to go by to slow, though at the same time Zero felt the it couldn't go slow enough. If he hadn't been so hungry he might have forgotten eating his food at all. He scarfed it down as fast as he had the other day. Though the few hours that he had to wait simply seemed to fly by. Once the few hours of waiting were over Zero threw on his jacket that he had set on the chair. Looking at his watch he saw that it was six fifty nine. Ayano should be getting off of work right around now. The warehouse was a ways away, but Zero had come here on his motorcycle so he figured it would take them only about five minutes to get there.

Ayano finished up work, then when it was time to be done she went into the back and changed out of her uniform into her usual cloths. She grabbed her bag and headed back into the restaurant to meet with Zero. She went up to him and smiled, "Alright, I'm all done for today." She said to him, "Was there anything you wanted to talk about her do, since you asked when I got done first." She was heading for the door with him now, unsure of what might be in his mind at the time. She hoped that he was feeling at least a bit better from the incidents that happened earlier. She pushed open the door and walked out into the night.

"Um yeah." Zero said as he already began to walk over to his bike. That bike was his pride and joy, his baby. It was a beautiful and sleek black Yamaha bike. It looked as if it could be brand new. It had a beautiful slim design and a low rider build. Zero loved and treasured his bike. Lifting up the fabric seat he pulled out two helmets, a jacket, and a pair of gloves. Placing the gloves on his own hands he gave Ayano the jacket and the smaller of the two helmets. "You'll see when we get there." Zero was afraid to tell her where they were going thinking that if he were to tell her, he would instantly be shot down by her rejection. Zero turned on the bike and it's engine roared a beautiful melody. Zero tapped the seat behind him for Ayano to climb onto.

Status
Not open for further replies.