A relationship between good and bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ayano was surprised to see him taking her to a bike. She had never ridden on one before, and a part of her was suddenly a bit afraid to try. She took the jacket and helmet he had given her and put them on. She had to get off the fear of it, or else they might not be able to go where he wanted and she didn't want that to happen. She sat onto the bike after he had tapped it and so she would be safe, she wrapped her arms around him suddenly. She didn't want to hold onto him too tight but she at least needed something. Though, she kind of blush a light pink when she realized what she was doing. She let out a break and calmed herself down, it felt kind of nice to be holding onto Zero. It felt like nothing would really happen as long as she kept her arms around him.

Zero's build was very solid, so there was no doubt that if she held onto him that she would be safe and had little to no chance of falling off. Kicking back the holder he reved the engine of the bike and they were off. Sixty miles and hour...down a fourty five mile per hour zone. But Zero knew there would be no trouble. He knew where all the cops were around this time of the evening and he knew exactly what route to take to avoid any trouble. He looked back at Ayano and smiled through the tint of his helmet. It didn't take them very long to get to the ware house. Once they did Zero took off his helmet, not getting off the bike until Ayano was ready. He honestly didn't want her to let go of him.

When the bike first started up, Ayano's fears appeared again. But moments after getting quickly used to it, despite his speeding, Ayano was actually starting to enjoy it and there was something that felt right about the way she was holding onto Zero. She didn't realize where they were going until he had stopped at the warehouse. He wanted her to go with him into there again? That surprised her, but it was a part of him and it was a way to get to know him more. She partly didn't want to let go of him once they had stopped, but she would get a bit embarrassed if he realized that she was holding onto him even when they were stopped. So, she let go and got off of the bike, and took off the helmet. She had left the jacket on, because it made her feel warmer and she just couldn't help but think about that fact that she was actually wearing someone else's jacket, and a guy at that. She had never done that before. "You want me to go with you here again?" She finally said, "I guess, but don't leave me alone or anything okay?"

Zero smiled and nodded his head. Thinking about grabbing her hand he quickly pushed away that idea. "I'll do my best." Rumbling could be felt from the loud music playing inside, but everything seemed to explode once they entered the warehouse. Zero was greeted by the familiar Julio. Walking over to Zero Julio slapped him on the back yelling something that Zero could not make out. From what he could tell from reading his lips the man was happy to see Zero again. A few minutes later the music toned down and Zero could hear more clearly. "...Kudo. Alright? I know you'll do me proud boy!" And with that last fragment of the conversation Julio was gone. Zero guessed he was going to fight Kudo again. He must have been feeling better if he was back here. Zero grabbed Ayano's wrist and pulled her into a door that said "Fighter's Only!" Sprayed in red paint. Zero ignored it and brought Ayano in anyways. Once they were there, there was an impossible maze of lockers. Zero led Ayano through the maze back to his locker all the way in the back. Letting go of her he started removing his upper articles of clothing stripping of his jacket and looking to Ayano.
"I'm sorry, but it turns out there's a fight I have to take care of." Zero removed his under shirt revealing a well fit frame.
A toned abdomen with similar chest muscles that were complimented by his rough biceps. Zero was well built, though it didn't seem he was one of those body builder types.
"I'm going to have to leave you on your own, but if you stay on the side of the ring wait for a man called Kyle. He's the announcer. Just tell him I said to look after you and he'll do just that. He might look scary at first but he's a good friend of mine. No one should bother you while you're around him."

The sudden burst of music as they entered the warehouse startled Ayano, while she looked around at the all the people as Zero talked with the same guy as before. She could feel him grabbing onto her wrist and taking her to a door that said fighters only. She wasn't used to not following signs, but she was with Zero and he was one, so it should be okay. She followed with him through the lockers, until they stopped at his. A blush formed over her cheeks as he began to strip off him shirt, Ayano was definitely not used to that and seeing more of his body made her blush more. She took a moment to realize he was talking to her again. "Uh, alright. If you say it will be okay." She said. She was a little unsure about having to be left alone without Zero, but it was Zero who was telling her she would be safe with the guy, so she was sure it would be okay. "Then I'll stay with him while your fighting...but uh...please be careful when your fighting and if you do get hit promise you'll let me treat any wounds, even small ones."

Zero smiled and nodded his head putting on a gray tank top covering the scars that covered his body. It was clear that he had been doing this for quite some time now. Taking hold of Ayano's hand this time he walked out towards the ring. He could see Kudo talking to someone in his corner, this wasn't going to be a formal wrestling match. He got into the ring before letting go of Ayano's hand and smiling at her. He NEVER gave anyone such a warm smile. He made himself wonder why it was only her. Facing Kudo Zero had to clear his mind to get himself ready for anything Kudo might have up his sleeve. Into the ring came a large bald black man with a deep hollow voice. That was Kyle.
"Welcome back our loyal fans! Are you ready for one hell of a show?!" Out burst rose from the crowd in response to Kyle's bellowing voice.
"Tonight, your champion!" Refering to Zero, a thunder of cheers and boos could be heard from all around the ware house.
"And the challenger!" Kudo's introduction was greeted with more cheers if nothing else. Zero hated how they tried to make his as formal as possible. He shook Kudo's hand in the center of the ring and Zero felt a sting in the palm of his hand. Kudo smirked. Zero looked down at his pricked hand and aw that Kudo had placed a thumb tack in between his fingers. Clearly Kudo was mocking Zero.
"Begin!" With that single word Kyle was out of the ring and standing next to Ayano.
Kudo pulled out a knife. Zero's heart turned to stone and sunk to his stomach. Knife fights were not his specialty. Zero cursed under his breathe and everything seemed to slow down as he tried to read Kudo's movements.

Ayano was already nervous for Zero as she watched him enter the ring. She listened to the people screaming, they didn't have to go booing him, Zero was a great guy. Though, once the fight actually started was when Ayano really got worried. She saw the other guy pull out a knife and a gasp came out of her mouth. "No, that can't be allowed. Zero could get seriously hurt." She said, looking over at the man names Kyle. She figured though that nothing was going to be one about it. She just had to hope Zero would be okay, and wouldn't get hurt by the knife. Knife wounds could be bad, and although Ayano could do some stitching, she couldn't do a large deep cut. She clenched her hands into fists, as she nervously watched and bit her lip. "Come on, Zero." She finally said, "You can beat him, I know you can. You're tough and strong." She couldn't go and help him but hopefully her voice would get to him over the screams and he would get encouragement.

The knife came at him and he placed his hand on the back of Kudo's palm knocking it away and landing a solid hit to Kudo's stomach with his knee. Kudo instantly drew for breathe. Coming back around he managed to nick Zero's cheek just before he could get far enough from Kudo. He didn't know how to go about this. The two were evenly matched, though Kudo was still injured from their last fight he was even more dangerous with a knife. Zero could feel himself clenching his teeth and he moved before Kudo could slice his chest. Zero moved to the opposite side of the ring. The money was going to start going down if he kept on going. Zero heard Ayano and looked at her, mistake. Zero felt a sharp pain in his side. The four inch knife has been dug into his lower left abdomen. Zero drew in a sharp breathe. He needed to ignore the pain. Bringing up his foot he kicked Kudo in the temple, his kick wasn't strong enough to knock Kudo out but it was enough to throw him off long enough for Zero to get some ground on what he was going to do. Noticing a chair just outside the ring he grabbed it forcing the man who was sitting on it to come to a stand. "Excuse me." Zero said as he pulled the chair into the ring. Kudo was coming at him with another knife. He sliced a gash over Zero's chest that was about five inches. Zero saw this as his chance. Pulling the chair back he swung it into the side of Kudo's head sending him flying. The fight was over. Kudo laid on the other side of the ring knocked out cold. Zero winced and looked down to his side which still held the knife. He touched it and felt the electricity of pain. He needed to get it out. With one swift movement he tore it out of his side and dropped it to the ground. Zero's hand instantly went to his side in an attempt to stop the blood. He felt a strong arm around him and felt his arm go over someone's shoulder and looked to his right side to see Kyle who began to help him out of the ring. Zero could taste the blood rising up from his throat and into his mouth. He coughed and a gush of blood splattered onto the floor. Once they were out of the ring he saw Ayano, she was still here. And for just a swift moment all the pain seemed to be gone. He smiled at her.

Ayano watched as the knife went into Zero, raising her hands up to her mouth in terror. It was all her fault, he had looked at her instead of the knife when she had called him and now he had a knife in him. She wanted to suddenly cry, but he was still going and somehow even after getting more cuts he was able to win. But, she watched in agony as he pulled out the knife and Kyle started to get him out of the ring. Ayano stared at Zero when he looked over at her, he should have been smiling at her. It was her fault. "Zero!" She shouted out, as she came over to Zero and Kyle, hoping to follow them. She had to help. It was all her fault and she needed to do something. "If you're not going to go to the hospital again, please let me take care of those wounds Zero. It has to be stitched up before it would get worse. She still wanted to cry, but she had to be strong right now. She had to help him first.

"You need to go to the hospital." Kyle said to Zero who he took into the back and setting down on the battered couch.
"No...Ayano is a good medic...I'll be fine with just her..." Zero mumbled. He was barely able to speak as it was. He clutched his side in pain and gritted his teeth trying to stop most of the bleeding. Kyle let out a sigh and walked out of the room. Zero looked to Ayano who looked like she might burst out into tears at any second.
"What's the matter?" He asked, though he felt he knew the answer. But the last thing he wanted was for her to blame herself for something stupid that Zero did. Kyle soon returned with the first aid kit and set it next to Ayano. He let Zero know that he had to be going but that he was sure Julio would be in soon enough and told Ayano that what ever she was going to do she had better do it quick.
Zero nodded his head and winced again as the pain shot through him like a raging river. He clutched the lose fabric of the couch in a hope to occupy his mind.

Ayano knew Zero was going to say no to the hospital, he seemed to always like to say that. She was just going to have to do her best. When he asked her what the matter was, she wanted to break out in tears, but that wouldn't be good for what she was going to have to do. She had to stay clear and focus on what she was doing. "You're hurt Zero, don't ask me what's the matter." She said back as she took hold of the first aid kit Kyle had brought and opened it up. She looked through and began to take some things out. First she took a cloth and put something on it. "This will sting, but I need to get it clean." She said as she started to clean up the area around the wound and using other tools to get the wound itself. She knew it probably hurt really back, but it had to be done. Once it was clean enough, she pulled out the supplies to be able to stitch it up, again it would hurt but it would in the end help stop the bleeding. She began to stitch up the wound, not her favorite part to do, it was dangerous if done wrong, but she had done it before. She learned a lot since she was alone most of the time. Once she was able to get the cut stitched, she again cleaned the area and held a cloth there to stop anymore of the bleeding. She then took bandages and wrapped them around his body to cover the wound. "I know it hurts and with this kind of injury you may feel sick but it will get better. I promise." She said, as she looked around in her purse for something that would at least help some of the pain. She pulled out the bottle and took out two pills. "Take this." She said, handing him the pills.

Zero bit his tounge through the entire process not wanting to wince for he felt if he did that it would do nothing but worry her anymore. Once she handed him the pills he looked at them and proceeded to take them with a bottle of water.
"Ayano..." Zero began before looking at her. "I'm sorry I didn't mean for this to happen, I honestly just wanted to talk to you, I had no intenons of fighting tonight but.." Zero stopped when the door swung open.
"There he is! Our title defending champion!" Julio said walking over to Zero who was sitting up and slapping him on his bare back. His shirt had been removed earlier by him when Ayano had to work on his wounds. Zero winced and drew in a sharp breathe.
"I'm not a title defender, I lost to that monster of a fighter remember?" Zero said recalling his last fight with the massive bouldering beast.
"No one cares. You won in a knife fight and EVERYONE knows how knife fights are your weak point. This make eight hundred." Julio handed Zero a wad of money. "There's your pay." He said placing the money in Zero's hand and Zero took it. Julio looked to Ayano scanning her up and down.
"Who is this?" Julio asked looking suspicious.
"No one that you need to worry about." Zero said. Julio stuck his nose in the air and left the room. Zero looked to Ayano.
"If at all possible just make sure you stay away form him if no one else." Zero didn't want Ayano to be anywhere near Julio. He always brought along trouble, whether it was intentional or not, and he didn't want Ayano to ge anymore involved with him than she already was.

Ayano couldn't sat anything back before Julio had entered the room. When she listened to him, she almost wanted to just yell at him for putting Zero in that kind of fight. He should get rid of knife's and actually make some kind of rules so that people didn't get so hurt like this. With the way that guy was, Ayano didn't even want to talk to him unless it was yelling at him for what he was doing to Zero. At least she got his wound fixed, then made sure his other ones were okay. "It's okay." Ayano finally said, "I just wish you didn't get hurt so much and I shouldn't have said anything. You looked and that's what caused you to get the cut." She put everything away when she was done and cleaned everything up. "I just don't like seeing you hurt." There it was, she couldn't keep her composer again and she could feel the tears welling up about to fall. So much for the streak of barely ever crying.

Zero listened to what Ayano had to say. His usual hard and ruthless expression changed into one of innocence and concern. He could feel his brows lower into a saddened expression. Looking to Ayano's face he could see the tears begin to roll down her face. He wanted to hug her. He wanted to grab her and hold her in her arms, protect her from everything that would hurt her. It was to soon, and he knew that. Plus Zero remembered his promise not to open up to others. But he felt like with Ayano that just might change. He gave into temptations and placed his hand firmly onto Ayano's upper back and grabbed her pulling her in close to him. He wrapped both arms around her as tight as he could without hurting himself to much. "It's okay." Zero's voice was soft and sounded full of care. "Don't cry Ayano." He wanted to say more, he wanted to comfort her, but he felt all he could really do was be there. He felt she had been holding back these tears for a long time, and felt even more so that there was no one there to hold her when she needed to cry the most. Zero was there and he knew that, he wanted her to use him to her advantage, to let her be the shoulder she might have been searching for to cry on.

Ayano was shocked that Zero would bring her close to him and hold her tight. But, she was happy that he was trying to make her feel better. She never had anyone trying to comfort her before, and help her feel better. When she was little she would be left alone while her parents were at work. It was then that she decided not to go crying, because she knew it was never going to help her. But, for the first time since then, crying is all Ayano wanted to do. She carefully held onto Zero in return, but making sure she wouldn't go hurting his new injures. "Z-Zero..." She mumbled as the tears continued to fall down her soft skin. She heard him telling her not to cry but she still wanted to, maybe because she had been holding it all in for a long time. "I just don't like you being hurt. Promise me you'll be more careful when your fighting. I know it's not right for me to force you to stop and all, but please start to worry about your body, just a little bit...for me. I don't know what I would do if you something much worse then what you've been getting were to happen."

Zero cringed. He honestly never thought of taking care of his body, only seeing it as a tool he could use to his advantage. He didn't understand this at first. There was a twist in his stomach and he felt like his heart would jump out of his chest at any moment. Zero pushed the feeling into the darkest part of his mind hoping he would forget about it soon enough. Shaking his head softly he hoped to drive the thought and all other related things from his mind, though surely they would come back to haunt him sooner or later. He nodded his head.
"I'll do my best." A promise Zero would not make, for any promise he made he always intended to keep. Zero looked at the clock. Seven thirty. He normally left the fight club at around ten, but with this injury there wasn't much else he could do. Suddenly there was a knock on the door. Julio walked in. Blond hair slicked back waving his crooked snake like smirk as he fixed on Zero with his emerald green eyes.
"How would you like to double your money?" Instantly, he struck Zero's curiosity.

Ayano wasn't sure if he was going to accept the promise or not, even when he said he would do his best. It felt like he wasn't really going to listen to her, he just didn't get it did he. He had people who would be worried about him if he was hurt and yet he never even thought about that. He was so selfish wasn't he. Ayano didn't want to let go of him, even when she heard the door opening and Julio walking in. Doubling the money, was that what he said? That would have to mean another fight, was he crazy? Did hr not see how injured Zero already was. And yet Zero was curious about it. "Are you two stupid?" She finally cut in. "Zero's already hurt, he can't go fighting more tonight. Don't you think he's in pain enough. I can't treat everything that happens to him."

Zero looked at Ayano, he was grateful that she was so concerned, but Zero had his reason's for wanting to double his money into what could be a thousand dollars. "Do I love the money if I do lose?" Zero asked. Julio responded with a shake of his head. "No loss on your end." Julio said. Now he really had Zero's attention. Coming to a stand he pushed all the pain he was feeling aside, this was something bigger that Zero needed to take care of. He knew Ayano would be upset, but he did have his reasons.
"I'll do it." Zero's voice returned to being low and serious as his stone faced features came back into play. Julio smirked.
"Here's the files on the man you'll be fighting. Good luck." Julio said tossing Zero a folder of paper that he caught before leaving the room with a soft click of the door. Zero sat back down on the matted couch and opened the file. Inside was a picture of a man who's record said stood at six foot three. Three inches taller than Zero was. He weighed in at one hundred and ninety pounds. A heavy one. Zero continued to scrutinize the files before him. It seemed difficult, thank fully this man didn't knife fight. His profession in fighting was kick boxing. So he was good on his feet? Zero was too. He would have the perfect counters. And it seemed the man's weakness would be fist to fist combat. Zero smirked. Perfect. The smirk soon faded. In his current state he didn't know how good he would be. He could hardly even stand when Julio came into the room with out feeling like he would pass out at any second. He had lost to much blood and had danced with lady death earlier in the evening.

Ayano's sadness suddenly turned to anger. He was still going to accept the fight, even with knowing he was terribly injured and just after he said he would try to be careful. She started to move her body away from him on the couch, moving to the far end as much as she could and looked away from him. "So you're still going to fight again. Even though I know you can't barely move." She said, "Don't you get that your hurting more then yourself when you go fighting. You're hurting me too." She just wanted to yell at everyone, yell at Zero for accepting, yell at Julio for giving me another fight, yell at the other fighters. Yet she also just wanted to run away, she didn't want to watch him in another fight but if she did he might still need her. She just couldn't make up her mind of what to do now, but she knew that she was angry at them all now. That was for sure.

Zero gave Ayano a saddened look as he listened to her. She was concerned. Really concerned. Zero didn't understand why she worried so much. "Ayano, I have my reasons. I'm sorry, but..." Zero stopped himself before he went any further. Without saying another word he walked out of the room. He stood outside of the door for a few minutes with his bangs hanging over his eyes. He was stuck in between a rock and a hard place. Then and there he made up his mind on what he was going to do. About forty five minutes later Zero returned to the room where Ayano was. No money doubled. No new bruises. No new injuries. He walked over to Ayano and sat on the couch next to her propping his elbows on his knees to hold him up.
"I turned down Julio's offer." Zero said looking at Ayano.
He wondered if he should tell her why. It was already eight fifteen. It was getting later and he knew Julio would understand if he left early.
"Do you want to come by my house? I figured since you let me spend the past couple of days with you that the least I could do is treat you to dinner. It might not be at any fancy restaurant but I cook like a scholar chef." Zero smiled at her. That was the only thing he would ever compliment himself on.

Status
Not open for further replies.