A relationship between good and bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ayano blinked as she watched him look away, though she didn't see the blush that had formed on his face. Part of her though, began to feel a bit embarrassed when she did remember the fact that she was wearing something kind of strange. "A-alright." She said, as she began to write down all the foods he wanted. He really did eat a lot, but there was no room for Ayano to say anything. If he wanted all that, then that was his choice. She repeated what she had written down quickly, which was what he asked for. "It will be done shortly. Would you like like anything to drink while you wait?" She asked, it was her job too. She wondered though, for the reason of him really coming there. Did he really just want to eat a whole bunch of food, he should be going home and resting.

Zero thought. "Yeah, can I just get some ice water?" He asked. Zero was never really big on soda or tea or anything like that. Lemonade maybe though it was on very rare occasions. Zero had always grown up drinking water so it was only natural for him. He waited until Ayano brought his food back. HE wondered if he should tell her what happened. Though he knew it was his problem and he thought it not wise to trouble her with something that was his own. Though he felt it hard to keep it in much longer. When she came back he would ask her when her next break was and then ask her if she could have a conversation with her in the back. Before he were to think it through he didn't realize how creepy that must have sounded.

"Okay." Ayano replied, writing down his drink. With that, she left and went to go give the order to the chefs. Soon enough, the food was ready after a couple minutes and in between she had delivered Zero's water as well. She took hold of the trays that had his food and began walking gracefully back over to his table. She started to set down the plates of food while she listened to what he was asking. "A break? Well, I have one in a few hours." She said, but why did he want to know that? He couldn't to tell her what he wanted. "Oh, well, alright." She answered, though she did find it a strange request. "I'll let you know when it's my break then. Enjoy your food." She had said, then left to help the other table. Ever so often, because it was her job anyway, she came to check on Zero.

A few hours later, it came time for Ayano's break. She headed over to Zero. "Well, it's my break time now." She had said, very curious as to what he wanted to talk about. She had a couple things in her head at that moment, some good while others weren't. She would only have to wait and find out. Like he had asked she took him to the back so no one else would hear what they were going to talk about. "So, what is it?" She asked him.

Zero scarfed down his food in no time, though it did take a bit longer for him to finish this meal than it did for him to finish breakfast, but never the less Zero was satisfied. He paid Ayano and the hours past him and it seemed as if time was trying to move as slowly as possible. Within the two hours he drank maybe about eight cups of water before it came time for Ayano's break.
Once they were out in the back, it was like Zero's body was not his own anymore. Walking up to Ayano he cornered her into a wall, as if he were going to do something awful, and then he bent down and rested his head on her shoulder. "Someone broke into my house..." Normally if this was a one time thing Zero would not have reacted the way he did. But Zero had connections in the past relating to this, and it scared him.
His body began to shake, all he wanted was to be in someone's, anyone's arms. Even if that someone was Ayano.

Ayano was surprised that he backed her into a corner. It made her unsure if she should be trying to actually get away or not, but she also felt that even though she heard the rumors she just didn't see Zero doing anything to her right now. That's when Zero leaned his head onto her shoulder, shocking her even more, letting her eyes widen a bit. She hesatated at first, but upon hearing his words she slowly brought her arms up and wrapped them around him into a hug. "Oh Zero, that's terrible." She whispered to him. "Was anything taken? We should call the police so that they can find them." She held onto him tightly, feeling his body shaking against hers. Ayano never thought that Zero would end up acting like this at all and she didn't like it. But, she at least was glad that he was coming to her for help. Maybe he was finally opening up a bit to her.

"No...not much was taken. Just a few things." Zero lied. There was never anything of much value in his house to steal.
Instead of stealing anything, they left something, a note. Should he tell Ayano about it? What would she think of him if h did tell her? What would happen if she did know about his past? What if she rejected him for it?
These thoughts seemed to vompletely flood Zero's mind. Unless asked further more about it he didn't plan to say much else on the matter.

"That's good." Ayano said back, "Though I hope those few things weren't important. Now, does your family know about this? We should tell adults so that way they can handle it. Don't worry everything will be okay." She wanted to make him feel better, especially considering the way he was acting, though she could feel that he was holding something back. Holding something back though, was the usual Zero, at least he didn't completely change. She wanted him to still be himself but to think of her as more of a friend then someone to stay away from. "I'll help you in any way I can, just let me know what you want."

"No thank you. I'm alright."
Zero's family didn't know. At least they didn't know just yet. Zero pulled himself out of Ayano's arms. He knew he should be heading home. His parents could possibly be home by now. He knew that he should be going so he could go and greet them. Something popped into his head.
"Do you want to come home with me? Meet my parents? Cause...you, you know we're friends and all.."
Zero scratched the back of his head. He was embarrassed.

Ayano let Zero go, even though she almost didn't want to. But, at least he stayed in her arms for a little while and he seemed to be starting to feel better. Upon hearing Zero's next comments Ayano was even more surprised. But, her surprised changed into a smile as he continued to talk. "Okay, I would love to come with you and meet your family since we're friends." Finally, he said they were friends and she hoped it would be that way even after that day like even at school. "I'll come with you, but I have to get changed first so an you wait for me for a few minutes?"

Zero nodded his head, he didn't mind the wait. He walked out of the restaurant leaning up against the outside wall he crossed his arms over his chest. The middle of December, it was freezing, Zero could see the small fogged clouds of breathe that formed in front of him when ever he exhaled. HE wondered what it would be like when she finally met them. He just hoped that they wouldn't act...to stupid. Though he feared the worst. These people were his party, alcohol loving parents that he was thinking about. Zero started to wonder if he should maybe pull back the invitation while he still had the chance. He knew that once he got to his house that there was nothing he could do after that point without looking like an even bigger idiot than he as already making himself out to be.

Once Zero left, Ayano went to the back to get changed again. When she was out of her uniform and into her usual street cloths, she grabbed her bag and headed out of the restaurant to meet up with Zero. She noticed him standing there, leaning against the wall. She pulled her coat closed and walked up to him with a smile, "Alright, I'm ready." She said to him once she was there. "Let's get going, it's cold out here after all and I don't want us to both end up standing in the cold like this." She was glad he was warming up to her so suddenly, even to the point where he called her his friend and he was coming to her for things. She just hoped that she would make a good impression on his family, and wondered what they would be like.

This felt strange, forgien to Zero. He never had the need to rely on other for anything before, and now that he was so suddenly dependent on someone, it honstly kind of frightened him. What haopend if he revealed to much about himself? What if he were to start caring for this person much? What would he do if something were to happen to her.
Zero began to lead the way to his house. He looked up at the sky. 'Is it stupid of me to think of asking her to stay for the night? I don't qant to be alone.'
Zero looked ovee his shoulder at Ayano. Of course she would think it would be an akward question. Zero was a guy afterall and she was a girl. Zero knew he wouldn't do anything. He decided to linger on the question a little longer.
The walk to Zero's house felt like the longest he had ever taken. Zero lived in a run down trailer park, that was really all his family could afford. Zero unlocked the front door, his note was gone, so he assumed his parents were home. Opening the door Zero walked in. The place was still a wreck. There was shattered glass and splinters of wood here and there. Though it seemed little improvement had been made. His parents were surely home.
Zero looked back to Ayano.
"Stay here, I'm going to go and see if I can find my parents." Zero said walking off further into the house steping over broken tables and shattered vase peices. "Um, go ahead and make yourself at home." Zero said before he dissapeared into the hall.

Ayano followed Zero, unsure of where he might live. But, she believed after a while of walking she knew of the area they were going to. After all, she's lived in the town for all her life and had spent many times walking around it for some reason. It strangely did feel like a long walk, even to Ayano but she didn't mind that. She was just happy that Zero was finally opening up to her a bit, it was the first step. Once they got to his house and he had opened up the door, surprise came onto Ayano's face. Sh knew he had said someone broke into his house, but did they really have to go ruining everything. She was going to say something, but she knew there was nothing that could be done about it. It would just have to be cleaned up. "Uh, okay." She said, as she watched Zero leave to find his parents. She looked around at the mess, bending down a bit and for some reason she started to try and clean some of it up. She didn't understand why really, maybe it was because she was used to cleaning up her own house since her parents were always too busy.

Zero made his way out back to see his parents throwing what they had collected of the poles of broken possessions into the large dumpster behind their house. They seemed perfectly cam being that they hadn't heard from Zero other than the note he left, which could have been left by a kidnapper. He figured they wouldn't care to much.
"Mom, Dad?" Zero watched as the red headed woman turned and eyes lit up with joy as she ran over to him attaching her small figure to his in a war embrace.
"I'm so glad you're safe!" She said to him hugging him even tighter than she was before.
Zero wrapped his arms around her. She was lying.
After Zero explained the whole situation his parents seemed to be relieved that nothing was stolen, though Zero didn't tell them about the note either.
"You're Uncle's going to be coming over this weekend." Sais his father.
Zero's heart turned to stone and dropped below his stomach.
"I have a friend inside I want you guys to meet." Zero led the way. He wanted to get off this topic. He would need a reason to be out of the house. It was only Tuesday. If his uncle was coming over Saturday than he had enough time to come up with a good reason to be out of the house. He led his parents into the house and walked in on Ayano trying to clean.
"Ayano." Zero said as they came in the room.
"These are my parents." HE said gesturing to the woman who's only visible relation to him was her hair, and then to the man who's strong built figure showed he worked to keep it that way on a regular basis looking as if he could possibly be Zero's twin brother.
"Mom, Dad, this is Ayano, she's a girl that goes to the same school as me."
Zero's mother gasped.
"Oh my god Kaleb! He brought a girl home!"
...oh no...

Ayano stopped her cleaning when Zero had returned with his parents. She smiled at his parents as she listened to what his mother was saying. She was surprised with the way his parents looked, she guessed he had gotten most of his looks from his father considering they looked much closer to each other than his mother. They only had the hair the same color. For Ayano she looked more like her mother than her father, but she knew many people could be different. Ayano giggled a little when she heard his mother saying he brought a girl home. "Yes, I'm Ayano Nakamura." She began to say, "Zero and I are in a lot of classes together. Oh and I heard about what happened here. If you need any help just let me know, I can be pretty handy with a broom. I just hope the burglar won't come back here."

Zero's mother smiled. "I want to keep her. Can we keep her? We're keeping her." Zero face palmed. His mother could be so open most of the times. Sometimes to open.
"I apologize if our son has caused you any trouble. We know all to well how much of a pain he can be at times." Zero's father said crossing his arms over his chest as he looked down at his son who was still a couple of inches shorter than him. Zero glared up at his father. The two had never had a good relationship with each other. For reasons to perhaps be revealed.
"I get it from my father."
Tension was beginning to build up in the room. Zero's mother could feel it and wondered what she could do to perhaps break it up.
"Alright, why don't we offer our dear guest here dinner?" Mother asked clapping her hands together a single time.
As he did with the coach Zero kept a cold gaze on his father before walking past him into the kitchen. Moving the broken dishes off the counter and into the trash can he prepared the kitchen so he could cook.
"I'll go buy some things." The father said walking out of the house. Zero's mother looked to Ayano.
"Ayano my dear girl, would you mind helping me tidy up a bit? I hate to ask a guess but I wouldn't want you sitting on a piece of glass as we ate." Zero's mother asked with a soft smile.

Ayano giggled some more when she heard his mothers response to Ayano. At least his mother like her, she didn't want to not be liked by his parents especially since she wanted to be a good friend to him. Though, Ayano could begin to tell there was tension between Zero an his father. "No, he hasn't given me any trouble and I don't think he's a pain." Ayano replied. Zero was a troublemaker but so far Ayano hadn't really had any problems with him. She was glad that the tension was broken, but Ayano was about to deny the food. She didn't want to intrude but they were already getting ready for dinner with her. "Oh, sure." Ayano said to him mother, "I don't mind at all. I do most of the cleaning back home, so I'll be a big help. Besides, this was all someone else's fault, you deserve some help." Meanwhile, Ayano went back to cleaning up the mess that the burglar had ended up making earlier. With a bit of help, it wouldn't go taking them too long to get it all cleaned up.

[I'm gonna move a little ahead in time.]
After a couple of hours of cleaning and cooking, the house was spotless and all the stomachs in the house were full. Zero offered to walk Ayano home, and wouldn't take no for an answer. Then he remembered that he hadn't been to the Warehouse that night. He should porbably go back tomorrow or Julio would think he was dead perhaps, which would not surprise him. Zero walked to the door holding it open for Ayano. His parents would wave them off until they were out f view. It was getting into the later hours of the night. Almost ten o clock. There was still time to make it to the Warehouse for at least a quick drop in. IT was on the way there. But was he really going to ask Ayano to go there with him?
"Hey Ayano, there's something I need to take care of. Do you mind if we make a quick stop?" Zero asked.

(That's fine.)

Ayano enjoyed her time with Zero and his family. She was surprised about the way they were, but in a good way. She was also glad to help them fix up their house back to normal. It is always a shame when someone like this happened to a house. The food was nice too, she was going to have to return it by cooking some food for them as well. She always did cook at home anyway, she could make some extra for Zero and his family. She did for her parents anyway. "The dinner was lovely, thank you for having me." Ayano said to him family as they left. It was nice of Zero to walk her back, though for a while they were both quiet. Ayano turned to face Zero when he began to talk. "A stop, sure. I don't mind at all." She replied back, giving him a smile. She didn't know where that stop would be, but she was also curious to know what it was. After all, then she would end up learning more about Zero.

Zero grabbed Ayano's wrist and ducked into the alley way behind the ware house. He cracked open the door, it seemed there was a fight going on. The guy that beat him so bad last night was giving another poor guy the beating of a life time. "Alright, what ever you do, don't talk to anyone. And stay close to me." Zero said.
He felt the need to be extra cautious, taking a tighter hold on Ayano's wrist afraid that if he didn't she would slip right through his fingers and into the dangers that awaited them inside. Zero pushed open the door all the way to be greeted by a familiar face. A pale skinned man who's eyes were like the purest of an onyx gem. The man had a rather, obscure appearance from there. His hair was short, about shoulder length, uneven, though he claimed that was a purposeful thing. He had a piercing on his right eye brow and another on his bottom left lip.
"Julio?" Zero called out causing the man to face him.
"Zero, good you're here. Where have you been?" The man asked walking over to Zero and wrapping his arm around his shoulder forcing him to let go of Ayano's hand.
"Sorry, I needed to take care of some things. Sorry to say I won't be staying long. I have allot of things that I need to take care of tonight. I just wanted to stop in and let you know that I'll be back tomorrow." Zero looked around.
"Has my money come in yet?"
Julio smiled at Zero's question.
"Yeah, let me go get it, I'll be right back." And with that Julio disappeared behind a door that only newbies and Julio were allowed to enter. Zero remembered that room. It was where you went before you were branded by Julio's gang. That's what people normally came here for. To show a test of strength between the members of each gang. Zero had never been into that room.
He turned to Ayano.
"Are you scared?" HE asked.
He knew how overwhelming it could be to be in this place for the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.