A relationship between good and bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ayano figured he would end up being like that to her, but at least he didn't go walking away form her again. A few words was at least enough, even if they really weren't the nicest, like he really didn't have to go calling her an idiot. "Really? I thought that you might be friends since you seemed close at least." She replied, deciding to ignore most of his attitude that went with his comments. Ayano could hear a few of the whispers going on in the background, but that didn't bother her. She wasn't fond of rumors, so she wasn't going to care what the students were coming up with. They were all fake, so it didn't matter. She smiled, "Seems to me like you might like the attention." She finally said back, "After all, you wouldn't go making fighting scenes in the middle of school if you didn't. Besides, I'm going to sit here because I want to. I can sit here, there's no rule saying I can't." Meanwhile, more of the class was busy with the teacher making them run though it was obvious they were all still curious as to what was going on between Zero and Ayano at the moment.

Zero drew the line. He hated attention. It wasn't his fault that people would randomly come up to him challenging him to a fight. Or maybe it was. Either was his pride never allowed him to walk away from anything like that. He always felt the need to stand his ground. To say the least, this girl was determined. Far more determined than any of the others had been. Though there was still plenty of time left in the year for her to show Zero was she WAS in fact like all the others that were good kids that came before her sent by teachers to keep an eye on him. He ended up loosing each and every single one of them. Though some put up a fight more than others Zero was sure he would be able to get this girl off his tail like all the rest. Though he knew she would definitely be a challenge, he was determined.
"What ever."
It seemed like an eternity before the class period was over, though as soon as it was Zero had almost sprinted to the locker room. What was it with this girl hu? Why could she just duck tail and run like the others?!
Once he finished changing he slammed the door to his locker shut. Once he was done he grabbed his bag and made his way to the front of the school.

His response wasn't much, but at least he said something. After that, she just stayed quiet, figuring that was enough for the moment. She would get to him, even if it took a while to do, she wasn't one to go quitting even if it was a bit challenging. When the class became over, Zero sprinted back to the lockers, if only he did that while running on the track. Ayano simply got up like usual and headed for the girls locker room with the others. of course while she was changing some of the girls began to question Ayano about her relationship with Zero and she just replied back that they were friends. She knew he probably wouldn't like it if he heard her, but that didn't matter. She finished getting changed, then grabbed her things to leave. She had work today, so she needed to get to the restaurant.

She headed for the front doors to leave, passing by Zero while she went. "Bye Zero, have a nice day." She said to him, without stopping because she knew he wouldn't go saying much back or if he did it probably wouldn't be very nice. She pushed the door open and headed outside to the sidewalk to get to her workplace. She continued on, in after a little while she was able to get to the restaurant and go in to get changed into her waitress uniform. Here, the people she worked with didn't really know much about her school. They were older, and she was the only one still in high school. She wouldn't have to think about the fact of people spreading rumors about her and Zero. Perhaps then, this would be a good place to try and get him to go.

As soon as Zero got to the wear house, it was off with the uniform and on with the street clothes. Zero wore a white t-shirt with a pair of black jeans with chains hanging from the sides. Wrapping his hands in bandages he knew he would need them, he didn't need to go tearing the skin around his knuckles again. Once he was finished he walked out where people were already gathered near the ring. Zero observed the current fight and saw a scroney thirteen year old getting his ass whooped by a seventeen year old that was at least three times his size. It didn't take long for the fight to end.
"Zero! You're up next my friend!" Said the announcer who Zero knew all to well.
"Good luck." The black man said giving Zero a hard pat on the back.
Most of Zero's fights often went over smoothly, though this time it wouldn't be as easy as all the others. Zero was being pinned up against a one hundred and seventy five pound man, beating Zero's one hundred and fourty pound self. Most of this man wasn't even fat, it was all muscle. Zero felt his heart turn to stone and hit his stomach.
The fight dragged on for ten minutes. Zero had given the man a busted lip and a small bruise of the right rib. But Zero was looking much worse for wear. A busted lip with a split left forehead, not to mention the open chest wound and the blood seeping through the pure white shirt. This man was fighting with brass knuckles, Zero had preferred not to fight with weapons. This fight was not going to be as easily won as the others.

Once Ayano was changed, she headed out to the restaurant doing her usual job by taking people's orders and bringing them their meal. Since she was a cute high school girl, some guys would had those kinds of fetishes always liked to come around but she was surprised that usually there weren't any of the people from her school. That made it all the better for a place to go with Zero. He didn't seem fond of the people at school, or what they could possibly say so it would be best to be at a place where they wouldn't bother them. Ayano continued on, until it was getting later. Once her shift was over and with the day turning into night, Ayano changed into her regular cloths she had stored in her bag and headed out of the place.

She headed down the street, hoping to get back home soon. She was starting to get a bit hungry and she still had to go making something to be able to eat. Luckily, she still had some food left but she was going to have to go shopping at the store soon for more supplies. Her parents were usually busy with work, so in the end Ayano did most of everything. She cooked, went shopping, cleaned the house and all the other chores that needed to be done. It was a pain sometimes when you had homework also, but she got through it and she didn't mind. At least she got time alone for herself, not that she really did anything for herself but it was still nice to be alone.

Once the fight was over Zero was hunched on hands and knees in the ring defeated. One final blow to the temple of his head with the end of a steal boot laid him out. His head was throbbing, he could hear other's around him conversing. It had been a long time since Zero had been beaten, but something strange was happening.
"Give me the boy as my prize." Said the man who he fought in the ring.
Great...not this again. Zero tried his hardest to will his body to wake up, though he was not successful. HE could feel his body thrown over a hard shoulder and moved. But where was he going.
"Where are we dumping him off at boss?" He could hear one of the men ask.
"Who cares, this will ruin his pride."
So that's what they were aiming for hu? Zero's pride was something he held very high. And this was surely going to send his reputation crashing down. About a half hour passed and they had been driving somewhere. Zero was unsure if he wanted to know where that was.
"Toss him out here." Said the man.
Zero felt himself being picked up once again, and then being thrown. He heard a loud crash of metal and smelt the foul stench of rotting food. There was a sting that hit his side and soon spread out through the rest of his body, though he was still unconscious, so little did he know that he had just been thrown into the dumpsters just outside of Ayano's house.

Ayano continued to head to her house. She ended up getting there not too long after the car ad drove by and threw Zero. As she was walking by, she took a glace swearing that she saw something strange. To her surprise, she did see something very strange. She turned to the dumpsters and looked down at the guy who was unconscious. Surprised was plastered on her face, unsure on how that could even happen, did Zero get into another fight. Well, whatever the reason she couldn't leave him there. Somehow she was able to move him, even though she wasn't the strongest person. She headed into her house, and helped him inside. She took him over to her couch and set him down carefully. She looked at him again, those wounds were going to need some fixing.

She headed off into the bathroom nearby the living room and came back out with a first aid kite. Slowly she began cleaning Zero off, trying to get a few of the wounds to help him. He should really go the hospital but she was going to let him choose that for himself. She didn't want to push him, though she had a feeling he was going to refuse to go so she still tried her best at helping him with the wounds he had.

It didn't take Zero to long before consciousness brought him back into reality. When he looked around he expected to see a plain white room with a constantly growing light in the corner. But no, it seemed like a nice place. And the ground wasn't as uneven as he had expected it to be. Looking around he saw the girl form school. Ayano. His first instinct would have been to stand in a defensive position, but his body instantly rejected him and kept him laying there.
It took all the strength he had just to sit up. He winced and found himself crashing back down onto the soft embrace of the couch. What happened to him? He shouldn't ask her. He had a feeling that Ayano would have known about as much as he did on the situation.

Ayano noticed that Zero was starting to wake up. "Don't try to get up." She said to him, as he was raising himself up but fell back down. "You should rest for a while, though I suggest going to the hospital. I can only do so much on these wounds. But, you probably won't listened to me." She was still trying to fix up some of his wounds and help him out with any of the pain when he awake. Once she was finished, she got up from her position and went to put the first aid kit away as well as washing her hands. She then came back, bringing him a cup of water if he wanted it. "I don't know what happened to you, but I found you outside my house. Did you end up getting into another fight? You should be more careful with your body. One day, you might not be able to heal the damage so easily."

She was right, Zero had no intentions of going to the hospital but this kind of thing rarely ever happened to him. Though it had happened before the only thing different about this time was the fact that he himself was not the one taking care of his own injuries. Why was she helping him? What had he ever done for her to deserve her kindness? It was Zero's philosophy that nothing in this world is worth giving unless you have been given something yourself which is of equal value. For some reason, he felt this girl would be the first to change that philosophy he had stood by for so long.
Finally, Zero felt he built up the courage to ask her.
"Why are you helping me?" His voice was uneven, raspy, it sounded like it took all of his energy just to mumble those few words.

Ayano laughed a little when she heard his voice asking her why she was helping him. She set the water she had gotten down onto the coffee table in front of the couch and took a seat on it, near the water. This way she could still watch him, and make sure he didn't do too much movement so suddenly with those wounds of his. "Why wouldn't I?" She stated back with a smile, "We're classmates after all and I would like for us to be friends. I can't just leave you outside my house injured this badly." That's it, he probably wasn't used to people trying to help him very much, not with the way he acted and if he got into a lot of fights he probably never had anyone trying to bandage him up either. Maybe, she could get him to learn to take care of his body more if not he might just end up in a position that she couldn't go fixing especially if he refused to go anywhere professional to help.

Why was she smiling? Did she find amusement in his pain? When se began to explain herself all it did was confuse Zero even more.
"I don't understand." He began. "This gesture of kindness would be something you would do for a lover or family member...not something you would do for someone who was your classmate...what do you expect to gain from this?" Zero asked knowing, or at least feeling like there had to be something.
There was no such thing as a selfless human as far as Zero was concerned. He was going through the possibilities in her head. Perhaps someone had seen and it was just to uphold her image, or perhaps it was to keep a guilty conscious at bay. Zero soon eliminated that possibility. But he knew with out a doubt that there had to be something that he was missing about all of this. He had never been kind to her, he got her hit in the back of the head with a can of soda and was rude beyond all belief to her. All in all she had absolutely no reason to help him. Unless she was like...him...[Not referring to Zero]. Zero gulped at the idea that she could be anything like that man. He hoped that wasn't the case.
He waited patiently for an answer.

Ayano sighed, so he still didn't get it. Maybe he didn't have anyone in life that just helped him because they simply wanted to help. "I don't know how to explain it to you, but I'm helping you because I want to." She replied, "I don't want anything out of it at all. I simply don't want to see you hurt and want to help you get better. There's no other secret motive for it. I guess you really wouldn't understand." She picked up the cup of water on the table and held it out for him to take. She would just have to teach him that it was something you would do for someone, and there was no specific reason for it. She would help anyone she saw unconscious by her house. It wasn't right to leave them there, especially when you know that person. "I just want to help you."

She was right. Zero didn't understand. He was untrusting of just about everyone, and it would take a miracle to get him to open up. Though with the right words it was possible. Even Zero knew that. He began thinking about how he was going to get home. What would one of his parents say if they came home and he wasn't there? Of course he knew they wouldn't care to much. They would just figure he would be over at a friends house like they always did. Zero's mind was flooding with questions. How long until he could move around normally? How would he manage school tomorrow? He wouldn't have the energy to face any of the teachers, and if he were to get another full fail of grades on the upcoming report cards he would surely get kicked out and sent to live with his uncle. That was the last thing Zero wanted. With all these things on his mind he closed his eye's and unknowingly drifted off to sleep on Ayano's couch. He would moer than likely sleep just before Ayano left in the morning.

Ayano smiled as he fell asleep. She watched him for a moment, while he was asleep he seemed slightly different. He looked more peaceful and relaxed unlike the way he was normally. She got up from where she was sitting and placed a blanket on him. She then went off into the kitchen to make something for her to eat for dinner. If he would wake in the night, she would have left overs for him, though he would probably end up sleeping all night from those injures. So, she made her dinner then once she was all done and had worked on the homework she had she headed for bed. She didn't mind him staying there, there wasn't much he could do to her anyway, considering he could barely get up right now. She changed for bed, then went to sleep.

When morning came, Ayano was awake early. She had gotten ready for school first, then went into the kitchen again to make breakfast. She quickly made it, then her lunch. Though, she also made a small breakfast for Zero and a lunch for him as well. She walked over to the couch and placed all the food on the table so that he could have it when he woke up. She also had the lunch in case he decided to go to school. When that was done, she went off to school.

Zero slept, one of the most peaceful nights he could ever remember. Once morning dawned in through the blinds of the window Zero awoke. With a few blinks of his eye's he brought up his arm to shield his eyes from the blinding ray's of the sun. Zero smelt something, scambled eggs with what seemed like a fluffy biscut and...god say it was...bacon! Zero smiled. It had been a long time since he had actually eaten a breakfast. Zero scarfed down the serving in no more than five minutes. He only stopped to think about how Ayano must have left it for him after he was done eating.
He decided not to face school today. Getting up Zero grabbed a sticky note off the fridge and a pen leaving Ayano a note.
"Thanks for your help.
Zero"
Plain and simple. He left the note on the pillow of the couch and walked out. After a while he knew how to get back to his house from where he was. It took him a good hour walk or so to get there. Once he did he opened the unlocked front door and...unlocked? Even if his parents were drunk off their asses they would never leave the front door unlocked. When Zero threw the door open, what he saw made his heart turn to stone then sink down to his stomach.

Ayano should have figured he wouldn't come to school, she thought as she was sitting in class. Though, it was probably best. What he really needed was to rest to help those wounds of his. She only hoped that he accepted the food that she had made for him, and not refuse to eat anything. After all, she did make it specifically for him. Meanwhile, she took her usual notes even with Zero on her mind. He might be there, but she was good at multitasking. Others were happy that Zero wasn't there that day, they seemed to be getting jealous of the time that Ayano was trying to spend with him while others who crushed on Zero were getting jealous of her. If they found out about last night, she wondered what all of the school would end up doing.

The day past on, and still no sign of Zero. He also probably already left her house by now, he didn't seem like one to stick around. When the bell finally rang after her gym class Ayano got changed and headed out of the school. She had a thought that she should check out her house for Zero, but she still needed to get to work and she was sure that he was already gone away. So, she headed for her workplace.

Zero was in his room. He felt nothing. He felt empty. He slid a sweater on over himself and pulled the hood over his head. Grabbing a pair of headphones he had hidden in the glass dome over his light fixture he plugged them into his eye pod that he carried everywhere with him and left the house. Heart heavy and not knowing what he would do now. He guessed his parents hadn't come home if he hadn't gotten a call. But just in case they did before he could sort everything out he left a note.
"Don't worry, I just tripped over...well everything. I'll be staying with a friend, you know my number.
Zero."
With that he began to walk aimlessly down the streets. How was he going to replace everything. What was he going to do? His stomach growled as if it could have the answer. Though Zero knew the only thing that would please that monster was food. Zero looked around seeing a sort of florescent glow. Little did he know that was the same restaurant Ayano worked at before he saw her walk in. Zero needed someone to talk to, but he hardly knew her. But he knew that if he held this in any longer in might end up destroying him. Zero walked into the café. He knew he had to get food to feed himself any ways.

Ayano didn't notice Zero walking to the restaurant. She slipped through the employee door and went to get changed in her slightly embarrassing uniform that dress that a lot of the guys liked. She headed out into the restaurant and began to head to the table that she normally waited on. To her sudden shock and surprise, which normally didn't happen at her job at all, Ayano noticed a very familiar guy heading into the place and taking a seat down at one of the table. What was Zero doing there? He should be resting with those wounds? She started to walk over to him. "Zero?" She said, "What are you doing here? You should be resting, not walking around and I already made you some food if you were hungry." It wasn't usual either to see her classmates come to the restaurant. She wondered what would happen if they did find out she worked there. It would bring in a lot of people, that was for sure.

Zero was a big eater, it didn't take much to ever make him hungry again. Stubbornness and defense kicked in. Zero bushed seeing Ayano in something so...unusual. He lowered his head allowing his bangs and the shadow of his hood to cover his face so she hopefully wouldn't see him blush. Crossing his arms over his chest he looked to Ayano. "Listen if i'm a paying customer I don't see why you're complaining..." Zero said taking out his wallet to show he had enough money to buy one of everything. Looking at the menu he took a quick scan over it.
"Can I just have two large cuts of steak well done with three orders of eggs a roll of bread, a large bowl of rice with teriyaki and orange chicken, and then two pieces of devil's cake and apple pie?" HE asked. He didn't think this place would serve things like this. He would have to come here more often. Zero was often a very heavy eater.

Status
Not open for further replies.