[A Realm of Uncertainty] * [OOC/Sign-up] * [All Ages Welcome - CLOSED]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
I don't know about the others, but Jack and I are headed into No Man's Land from Gashton's direction.
My character is stuck in Eventide, fighting an invasion of shadowy creatures instead of getting the f-ck out of there. In her defense, her ship is unable to function at the moment.
Both situations seem equally as suitable for my character to jump in on. I don't believe I will stick for a Wilder - the concept is rather stifling in terms of RP, unless I create a second character to broaden my possibilities the concept of not being able to visit any of the civilizations at all would be rather dull (at least, dull for me).

That doesn't mean, however, that a Sylvan cannot be loosely affiliated with the Wilders (somewhat similar to the way the Ghost fleet appear to be allied to them) in the sense that they both share a common dislike of society in general, and wish to see its downfall. I suppose that Aerye just isn't as passionate as the description of the clan itself makes it seem.

In terms of the shadowy creatures - Aerye's conflicting beliefs would come into play there. She has a fascination for the dark, the foreboding and the unknown, which draws her towards the blacker ends of nature - thick murky swamps, dark voodoo and concoctions that would otherwise terrify your everyday man - but she has a distinct abhorrence for the corrupting, the vile and the unnatural, which is obviously tied into her love of nature, being a Sylvan and whatnot.

She pokes around those unforgivably darker magicks and is curious about them in somewhat the same way one would approach danger and give it a shake - just to see what'd happen. And, of course, if these shadowy creatures fit her internal classification of "not natural", she may feel it in her duty to get rid of them with your character.

Finally, if that ship is a pirate ship...well, Aeyre always wanted to be a pirate. Which gives another reason for assistance.

Both situations seem equally as suitable for my character to jump in on. I don't believe I will stick for a Wilder - the concept is rather stifling in terms of RP, unless I create a second character to broaden my possibilities the concept of not being able to visit any of the civilizations at all would be rather dull (at least, dull for me).

That doesn't mean, however, that a Sylvan cannot be loosely affiliated with the Wilders (somewhat similar to the way the Ghost fleet appear to be allied to them) in the sense that they both share a common dislike of society in general, and wish to see its downfall. I suppose that Aerye just isn't as passionate as the description of the clan itself makes it seem.

In terms of the shadowy creatures - Aerye's conflicting beliefs would come into play there. She has a fascination for the dark, the foreboding and the unknown, which draws her towards the blacker ends of nature - thick murky swamps, dark voodoo and concoctions that would otherwise terrify your everyday man - but she has a distinct abhorrence for the corrupting, the vile and the unnatural, which is obviously tied into her love of nature, being a Sylvan and whatnot.

She pokes around those unforgivably darker magicks and is curious about them in somewhat the same way one would approach danger and give it a shake - just to see what'd happen. And, of course, if these shadowy creatures fit her internal classification of "not natural", she may feel it in her duty to get rid of them with your character.

Finally, if that ship is a pirate ship...well, Aeyre always wanted to be a pirate. Which gives another reason for assistance.
That reminds me, I need to edit the Wilder entry so people understand that once you become civilized in any way, Wilders are inherently hostile towards you and are un-allyable. I wouldnt have an issue with you playing a Wilder but bear in mind that heavily restricts your RP to anything short of being a 'bandit...' unless you decide you wish to exile your character from Wilder life because whatever. In that regards, Id run two characters, but thats just me.

Also, I wish to inform people today that there will be a wall of text the likes of which I have never written for a post as I will be controlling the full extent of all eleven characters I control. I will be putting all of the NPC leaders into a massive spoiler to account for this and you can read them at your leisure. Do note, that if you do eventually desire action with these factions, it might be a good idea to keep up on their latest happenings.

EDIT: I ended up cutting my post rather short, only really addressing my dialogue with Aeron as I lost my creative insight to continue right now. Will be working on all of it some more soon when I force it to come back.

EDIT: Post completed.

Last edited by a moderator:
That reminds me, I need to edit the Wilder entry so people understand that once you become civilized in any way, Wilders are inherently hostile towards you and are un-allyable. I wouldnt have an issue with you playing a Wilder but bear in mind that heavily restricts your RP to anything short of being a 'bandit...' unless you decide you wish to exile your character from Wilder life because whatever. In that regards, Id run two characters, but thats just me.
Seems like it's better to remain away from the Wilders then, eh? I'll keep working on my CS.

Seems like it's better to remain away from the Wilders then, eh? I'll keep working on my CS.
Sorry, I created the Wilders for threat purposes. The hostile factions that are roaming the world are meant to be just that: hostile and a threat. You can make a Wilder but chances of your character being friendly to anyone that isnt a forest/mountain living Sylvan/Wild Human/Half-Giant is very slim. A very easy way to represent them is to think that civilized people are like the colonists who came to America and began slaughtering and forcing Native Americans into smaller regions.

I know I've been bad, I need to get a post in. The person I was interacting with randomly deleted their account without mention so yeah.

Not to mention the only other character in that region outside of my NPCs left the RP as well.

Everyone I know in this RP is dead.

How do you mean? If you are referring to actual players... @Drallinix, where is Thief?

If you are talking about npc characters...then idk what to tell ya D;

How do you mean? If you are referring to actual players... @Drallinix, where is Thief?

If you are talking about npc characters...then idk what to tell ya D;
Well Drallinix and Thief were the two people closest to me RP wise and have been quiet for a bit.

My NPC's are good doe.

Thief hasnt been on in about 10 days. Drallinix has. Maybe he an shed some light on the situation

Just watched The Shawshank Redemption and it was the shit.

I honestly was not adequately prepared for the amount of feels that simultaneously swamped me.

I suppose I'll pose the same question that Jack posed with Krieg when he was faced with a moral decision.

Paragon or Renegade?

I honestly was not adequately prepared for the amount of feels that simultaneously swamped me.

I suppose I'll pose the same question that Jack posed with Krieg when he was faced with a moral decision.

Paragon or Renegade?

I remember when I first viewed Shawshank. No one is ever ready for them feels.

Paragon or Renegade?
Imma go with Paragon because attacking the Prince/King of Ormont is a fast way to character execution.

Though now that I think about it, for all I know Paragon means supporting the Duke...

Oh well, than you're lucky, because that ship is indeed a pirate ship ;)

Paragon or Renegade?

Since I chose Renegade the last time, now I'll go with Paragon.

Goddammit, writer's block is killing me, I can't even do one of those Character Interview stuff from the Creative Challenges thread. I don't think I'll be able to post something today, and for that I apologize ;(

Alrighty, Paragon seems to be the popular vote then.

I'll have my post up tommorow

Goddammit, writer's block is killing me, I can't even do one of those Character Interview stuff from the Creative Challenges thread. I don't think I'll be able to post something today, and for that I apologize ;(
I had the same issue earlier. Had to write -something- for all eleven characters...I find that music is a good stimuli, though.

Oh well, than you're lucky, because that ship is indeed a pirate ship

Oooh, perfect. Now here's a question; would the sylvan suffer from nature withdrawal on a ship? Admittedly, the nature is below them in the ocean, but its not exactly a deep forest...