[A Realm of Uncertainty] * [OOC/Sign-up] * [All Ages Welcome - CLOSED]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
I may not be that big of an Elder Scrolls junkie, but I'm pretty sure I have researched every aspect of Dark Souls 1 lore at one point or another.

Love that game.
The only universe that I can say approaches my TES knowledge is that of Star Wars.

Oh, @Whisket , God considers our flame war a mating ritual. Tell your girlfriend Ill be moving in next month.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a regular ol' matchmaker!

The only universe that I can say approaches my TES knowledge is that of Star Wars.

Oh, @Whisket , God considers our flame war a mating ritual. Tell your girlfriend Ill be moving in next month.
Ahhhh shit, we have enough animals as it is

Also my TES-fu is weak, I need to make my 500th character in morrowind and re-re-re-re-replay it.

Last edited:
GENERAL CHARACTER STATISTICS

8a2dc4b6ef6f3158cd2e9cef5ffc73dc-d2c7w3a.jpg

Character Name: Aerye
Alias: N/A
Species/Race: Sylvan
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Current Residence: Wanderer
Family: It'd be impossible to name all of her siblings. She lived in a huge family.

Class: Witch
Strength System (chosen two): Magic Affinity, Artifice

PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS

Height: 3'4"

Weight: 37.55 lbs.

Hair: Reddish brown, straight, adorned with random beaded dreadlocks and strange trinkets.

Eyes: Very dark brown with flecks of umber.

Distinguishing Marks: Her tufted tail is actually a brighter red than her hair. From time to time, she will have painted marks across her body or face.

General Appearance: Short and flat in all the wrong places, Aeyre possesses a natural skill at looking more mysterious and less aged (albeit this is due to the Sylvan's long lifespan) than she actually is. Her pelt, torn rags, staff and an overwhelming number of charms and pendants make her seem stereotypically witch-like in appearance. Her features hold a look of calm, passive confidence and understanding; almost as if she knew more than those who she was conversing with. She has no distinguishing marks, but carries around coloured powders to form face-paint for her rituals. These markings may remain on her face and body for weeks.

Strengths: Alchemy (making herbal remedies for all kinds of purposes), druidism, using magical items. Cooking.

Weaknesses: Physical labour, charm, separation from nature, stubborn, sometimes arrogant.

MENTAL CHARACTERISTICS

Allies: N/A
Enemies: N/A
Current Goal/Purpose: To go wherever her feet take her, and be strong enough to adapt to changing locations.
Aspirations: To be able to rid the world of the shadowy creatures around Brill once and for all.

Hobbies: Alchemy (potion making), reading
Likes: Dark, warm spaces to relax in. Large forests, herb gathering, reading, practising her spells, creating new potions, keeping journals, staying awake during night. Using narcotics for her magic.
Dislikes: Backfiring spells, drunk people, People who invade her privacy/pry into her life, finding her herbs have spoilt.

Talents: Cooking, Potion-making, Divination, Incantations
Inabilities: Physical labour, using ranged weaponry, unarmed combat, running for long distances.
Fears: Large crowds, and being mind-controlled.

General Personality: Confidence. Aeyre simply radiates confidence. A coy smirk will be playing on her lips as she views her surroundings because she is so closely tied to the living. In this sense, she also emits a sense of deeper understanding beyond thought; the ability to impart wise advice onto those from her previous experiences is something she doesn't hesitate to do for those who are in need of a hand.

Similarly, she seems to be rather well-guarded, keeping her thoughts to herself and showing general indifference to others but attaching herself rather loyally to a few. From this, she has a sort of witty humour and blunt honesty that may cause a chuckle or two. Her warm personality and almost motherly care for her friends makes her a shoulder to cry on, an equal to laugh with, and a sage to gain knowledge from.

Secret: Aeyre has many, many secrets. Most of which are magically orientated, as her nature is to keep things to herself so that others do not foolishly attempt the same things she has learnt. In terms of her deepest, darkest secret which she would never wish for anyone to divine - Aeyre was disowned from her family for practising dark magic. She is never allowed to return.

SPECIALITY CHARACTERISTICS

Special Items: Whilst Aeyre wears a multitude of trinkets and charms, a lot of them have very weak to no magic locked within them. The only two items of importance are:
- A simple nose stud, shaped like a tiny silver leaf. It has a simple charm on it to protect the user from psionic magic, but the best it can do is hold back the simple attacks - something more forceful will be able to break through the barrier quite easily.
- Coloured powders of unknown origin. Chalk-like in appearance, adding some form of liquid would change it into a paste with which she can scrawl markings onto the floor or onto objects. These impromptu incantations are one of the weakest variety; They exist temporarily and are mainly used to channel her magic through instead of forming any proper effect on their own.

Weapons: A simple wooden staff with runes inscribed onto them, so that she may fire more complex spells using it; this lessens the risk of her blasting a hand off if anything goes wrong.

Arcane Methods (magics, if any): Creation

More: Aeyre's magic is non-conventional, in the sense that she takes a new route with her skills. Instead of trying to master two main schools of magic, Aeyre grew an affinity towards honing her Creation skills with the use of Incantations, procuring charms or enchantments to sell or keep for herself. There are rumours that she's even trying to scratch runes into cauldrons in order to make better potions, thus far with no success.

Aeyre has always been a practitioner of dinvination against her will. The 'visions', known mainly as her "gut feelings", happened at an early age and were mainly credited to an abundance of common sense. After her quickening, these visions manifested themselves into brief, vague and indistinct flashes which take skill to pick apart and compile into some sort of coherent meaning. The practice in and of itself is more of a hindrance when unintended (depending on the strength of the vision, it can cause headaches and nausea) but thankfully happens very rarely, or in life-threatening situations.

Instead, Aeyre has learnt to harness those 'gut instincts' from her youth and force out a vision through reading palms or tea-leaves. The effect is easier to come by when she isn't entirely lucid, but even then it's a guessing game as to whether or not she'd be able to conjure up something useful. Or anything at all, really.

HISTORIC BACKGROUND

General History: A Quickling Sylvan at heart, Aeyre was born to a family of 9 siblings, being the third-oldest of the group. She spent the majority of her childhood romping around thick forests and learning more about the world around her. During her youngest years, she was called "Aeyrie", because of her eerie ability to point out certain things others wouldn't notice moments before they actually happened.

Her Quickening was certainly an interesting event. As well as her skin glowing an ethereal blue tinge, her magic was unlocked; she made the local plant-life grow uncontrollably, and suffered her first vision, which left her utterly confused and flat-out terrified. Her siblings helped to nurse Aeyre back to health again but under the realisation that she was one of the few to possess magic, she began looking into learning how to harness or control it to avoid hurting people.

Her childhood continued. Aeyre spent hours with her nose pressed into a book along with her usual woodland adventures, but slowly became less enthusiastic as her divination kept affecting her day-to-day activities. Annoyed at the lack of support and sympathy from the rest of her family (All of them were not actually magic-users, and thus couldn't exactly help her) she had to commit to her studies entirely on her own.

This may be one of the reasons she became hooked on the idea of the macabre, the forbidden and the dark; pressing the moral boundaries to see just how far she could go, under the idea that if she knew the worst and knew how to harness it, she wouldn't have to worry about accidentally injuring her friends and family. Naturally, this curiosity manifested into something darker as Aeyre continued to practice these spells. The downwards spiral climaxed when she struck her younger sister with a plant root she forced out of the ground and grew to attack her, after trying to run away with one of her tomes.

The argument with her parents lasted for days, in which Aeyre became more and more alienated from her upbeat siblings as they felt intimidated by her power. Frustrated, Aeyre cut off her ties, packed up her belongings and left her birthplace. Without a way to pay for her meals and bedding, Aeyre desperately turned to magic once more; her spells could only sustain her for a while though.

Aeyre became more intrigued with the art of incantations and charms, as she found that her only talent could be spun into a way of making money for herself. Already well-versed in the herbs of the local area, she began creating potions and ointments at first, testing these on herself and even experimenting with the weaving of magic into her concoctions to improve their results.

Business was slow at first, naturally. Her shady dealings were noticed more in the larger cities she visited, however, and whilst she didn't make a name for herself, she certainly used a couple of decades to hone her art. Her life was a solitary one, and her paranoia increased after she was attacked in an attempt to force her to make impossible objects such as an elixir of eternal life. The worst was a group of renegade magic-casters, lead by a manipulative Psionic mage, who inducted her into their group and used her skills to pay for their own agenda.

When she managed to escape several months after on a caravan to Gashton, Aeyre created the enchanted nose piercing after several failed attempts, in the hopes it'll give her time to flee should a problem like that ever arise again. For the next couple of years, however, her life was somewhat peaceful - she became jaded and cynical with age, but also more worldly and intellectual from the people she's met, the places she'd been and the books she's read.

Present Life: Aeyre is a homeless wanderer. She sells out her trinkets in exchange for food and bedding for a day or two, and then moves on. Currently, she is visiting the town of Eventide to replenish her stock of dried herbs.

Last edited:
Ahhhh shit, we have enough animals as it is

Also my TES-fu is weak, I need to make my 500th character in morrowind and re-re-re-re-replay it.
Read all the books, son. Random page it up on UESP. Speaking of Morrowind, I need to get one of my copies (yes, plural) back in my hands. Thinking my Xbox could use some more loving. Gotta love how even the new 360's will play original Xbox games if you have an HDD in it.

Read all the books, son. Random page it up on UESP. Speaking of Morrowind, I need to get one of my copies (yes, plural) back in my hands. Thinking my Xbox could use some more loving. Gotta love how even the new 360's will play original Xbox games if you have an HDD in it.

I knowwww, I've read a ton of them last time I played I was trying to read through all of Vivec's sermons

I honestly don't have the time to get 'serious' about a game since my free time at home is usually only a one hour block.

Otherwise I'm doing schoolwork, doing workouts, participating in local events, and etcetera.

The only reason I can really roleplay is because most are slow enough for me to keep pace haha

I only play casual games like Super Smash these days

EDIT: In other news, just dumped my girlfriend. Will update in three weeks if it was a good decision or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly don't have the time to get 'serious' about a game since my free time at home is usually only a one hour block.

Otherwise I'm doing schoolwork, doing workouts, participating in local events, and etcetera.

The only reason I can really roleplay is because most are slow enough for me to keep pace haha

I only play casual games like Super Smash these days

EDIT: In other news, just dumped my girlfriend. Will update in three weeks if it was a good decision or not.
I dont quite know how to respond to your edit. Do I pat you on the back and congratulate you? Or do I offer to buy you a beer when you turn 21?

I dont quite know how to respond to your edit. Do I pat you on the back and congratulate you? Or do I offer to buy you a beer when you turn 21?

Eh, I just like whoring out myself too much \_(ツ)_/

Too many single ladies

-insert more sob stories that turn into excuses and assaults on himself-

Your character is a soldier in...Kadra? Or Ormont? Cant recall off the top of my head.

Also, @Aeronfarron , Ill be making a post for Krieg later today...seeing as I have to address three characters at once, Im not doing that at 1am.

Sorry for intruding again, but I'm having difficulties creating my character; I'm not too sure where to place her in order to be able to roleplay with a group of people.

My initial idea was a wilder, but upon closer examination I believe a chaotic neutral character with some sort of voodoo/darkish druidsm may be more beneficial. Could you perhaps list the current groups formed in the RP thus far, and their locations? It'll help me greatly in being able to pick a location where I'm not completely cut off from everything.

Thanks!

Sorry for intruding again, but I'm having difficulties creating my character; I'm not too sure where to place her in order to be able to roleplay with a group of people.

My initial idea was a wilder, but upon closer examination I believe a chaotic neutral character with some sort of voodoo/darkish druidsm may be more beneficial. Could you perhaps list the current groups formed in the RP thus far, and their locations? It'll help me greatly in being able to pick a location where I'm not completely cut off from everything.

Thanks!
I don't know about the others, but Jack and I are headed into No Man's Land from Gashton's direction.

Reactions: Ythania

Thanks!
My character is stuck in Eventide, fighting an invasion of shadowy creatures instead of getting the f-ck out of there. In her defense, her ship is unable to function at the moment.