2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Pretty much all of them
Navigation:
A New World, Humanity Rebuilds (Character Dump): Click Here
A New World, Humanity Rebuilds (OOC): Click Here

The year is 2020, and Earth is on fire.

A group called the E.I. at the beginning of the year began secretly kidnapping and training people to help them take over the world. These people were regular members of society, teachers, students, criminals, if it looked like they could be swiped without any real retaliation, they were. The world was none the wiser.

Several such recruits were collected from the general population and chosen to be trained underneath the three founders of this mysterious group. A school gym teacher named Tyler Haak, a large viking looking mercenary named Otto White, a former U.S. military infantryman Maine, and Daisuke a giant pervert/former yakuza member. After three months of training under the First, Second, and Third founders, the secret facility in which they were being trained was attacked by factions within the E.I. They hit fast and hard, sending the whole facility into chaos. Leading the group of trained E.I. recruits out of the facility, the Third founder led the small group to North Korea, where the rest of the E.I. forces had gathered. In a stunning display of brute force, hundreds of E.I. VTOL troop transport gunships assaulted the capitol, took over it and the nearby military base, and then executed the dictator.

However, the group of recruits were repulsed by this actions, and Tyler, Daisuke lashed out at the Second, prompting him to kill Daisuke. Daisuke was only saved by a chance, as a passing E.I. infantryman assisted burying Daisuke, Daisuke's consciousness escaped into the man, making him a target of interest for the Second founder. The Second founder had Tyler, Adam (The E.I. infantryman), another man who was recruited by the E.I. who vaguely reminded everyone of a russian, and Alkura (the daughter of the third founder). In a display of defiance (facilitated only by the Third Founder's intervention), Otto White and Lazaro (A crazed murderer who was only assisting them for the pure off chance they might get to kill someone) led a daring rescue of the prisoners, escaping to Sryia with them on a jet.

After they landed, Otto talked them through the Airport, calling in a favor from the commanding officer of the troops stationed there. Otto took the group to his home, and coincidentally, the place he buried his family. The group rested there for a day, but unfortunately they were sold out by the very commanding officer that Otto had called a favor from. A team of E.I. troops trained to track deserters followed them, and then they attacked in the night. The battle was brief but bloody, and it was discovered the very next day, in a letter from the Third founder, that the troops were all cloned, an attempt from the E.I. to make soldiers loyal, easy to train, equip, and recruit.

The group fled in the VTOL jet provided by the Third, guided to some mysterious facility by a man they only know as "Deanta" supposedly a trusted ally and teacher of the Third founder. As they got off the VTOL jet, they were greeted by a huge cheering crowd. Thousands of people who had hidden from the E.I.'s secret influence in underground societies had gathered into a single united rebellion, and this group of rag tag E.I. rebels were their largest hope in defeating the group. As it turned out, while the E.I. had a righteous goal, the goal did not justify the means through which they planned to execute it. With much of the world under the control of the E.I. (Facilitated by the E.I. implanting trained members of the group into the governments of nations worldwide, and then using their influence to convince them to join the International Nations Union, or INU, with the newly formed nation of the E.I. at the head, and major military superpowers like Russia and the U.S. backing up the group with the full might of their military.

In a surprise move, the rebellion turned on this coalition, and moving out from facilities all over the world they attack the E.I., intent on freeing the world from this tyranny. The E.I. rebels themselves spearheaded an assault straight into the main E.I. base, an attack that was wiped out, but still managed to distract the E.I. long enough for the rebels to defeat the E.I. in other places around the world.

Feeling threatened by this, the E.I. detonated the world's supply of nuclear weapons, reducing the population from 7.4 billion to three million in minutes. Those people who survived were transported, as if by an act of some deity, to a new world. Some land in deserts, some in forests, some in plains, some alone, and some in groups, but all appear, alive and no worse then they were on Earth. Something is strange about this world though, while it looks like Earth, and the animals do as well, the air is tingling with an energy that was not prevalent in society before, and all over the world these people have begun to realize that they can now use something strange and previously impossible, magic. In the background secret forces seem to be manipulating the situation though, and somewhere the immortals that survived the nuclear blasts are still alive.

It is now up to humanity to rebuild.

Tyler & Christian

As soon as the light blinded the room, Christian bolted upright in bed, shielding his eyes for a moment as he looked around. "What's going on? Is something happening?" He spotted the strange Magister kid first, giving him an uneasy feeling about why it was there in his room. He then spotted Alkura who was laying in the next bed over, right next to Tyler. Tyler had not moved an inch since falling asleep, and her lack of movement and pale blue coloring made it look like she was dead. Was she even breathing over there? But wait – Alkura? Alkura is here?

Christian jumped right out of bed, landing in between the two beds and stared at the girl. "Alkura? What are you doing here?" He glanced worriedly for a moment in Tyler's direction. He didn't know much about the young girl, but he knew she was pretty much crazy. But he'd also been told that Tyler's group had done that to her. What was going on here? Meanwhile, Tyler still didn't move despite the noise and light, lying still on her back.

[fieldbox="Morning time, red, solid"]

Alkura

Alkura stayed still in bed, that was, until Christian woke up and jumped out of bed, looking prepared for a fight. It startled Alkura even further then she already was, and she let out a small yelp of surprise, pulling the blankets she had upward towards her face. She glanced down at Tyler, then at Christian, then over to magister, who was now looking on in interest, similar to the way a cat does when it bats around a mouse it has just caught. "I uh.... well... I'm..." The girl stuggled with the words. She wasn't quite sure how to describe the incidents that had brought her to this place. She pointed at tyler and began to speak again, clearing her voice, but then fell silent, still unsure of how to answer Christian's question. she gave up and let her arm drop to the bed. "It's a long story."[/fieldbox]

Christian

Christian continued to stare at the girl in confusion for a while, looking to Magister and then back repeatedly. What the hell was going on here? Who wakes up to a vanished crazy child and a weird light child in their room? And Alkura was acting rather… normal. Or at least normal for a normal kid her age instead of her weird, violent self from before. He frowned, though the change was pleasant, from misunderstanding. His head was starting to hurt. "What is happening here…?" He muttered aloud, looking between Magister and Alkura again. "Alkura… you're acting… different?" He finally conceded before looking at Magister. "And when did you get here?"

Adam Kane

Adam opened one eye lid due to the intense light burning a hole through his head. He tried to move out of the way but the light followed him everywhere. "Fuck!" Adam groaned as he sat up. He immediately grabbed his head as the throbbing headaches started. "Argh, what the hell?" It felt like Daisuke was running around the inside of his head with a marching drum.

He slowly got out of bed and headed twords the door. He smelt food and suddenly felt a little sick. "I'm gonna throw up." He knelt down by a bucket ready to blow chunks, when he suddenly remembered everything that happened last night. He groaned again and held his stomach waiting for it to settle. "I'm never drinking again." He groaned

Magister

Magister yawned and stretched, the creature showing boredom in response to Christian's question. "Well, I've been here all morning, and much of last night too. It was boring waiting for all of you to wake, but wait I did. Eight o'clock seemed plenty late to wake you up, considering that you have a meeting with the King." It finished stretching and walked to the door, opening and looking back to the pair that were awake within. "You should be ready to meet the king within an hour and a half. He opens his doors to the public around noon, and you will want plenty of time to speak to the man before that time comes. I'm bored, and I have an errand to accomplish between now and then, so I will leave you to alert your comrades of the meeting, and return within an hour and a half to guide you to the keep once more." With those words, Magister walked out of the room, leaving the small group behind. Alkura said nothing throughout the entire conversation, not responding to Christian's initial inquery.[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
Christian

Christian just stared at the creature as it spoke, admitting that it had been there most of the night watching them. The kid was creepy before, but now… Yeah. "It wasn't really necessary to stay here all night long and stare at us. That's… really weird. People don't typically like that sort of thing. We'll be ready on time. Please… go and do whatever it is you do. I'll let everyone know." He watched the kid walk on out of the room as if nothing had happened before Christian once against turned to Alkura. "Do you want to explain why you're acting so differently?" He questioned again, giving her some type of look an older brother might when suspecting their younger sibling of something.

Alkura

Alkura sighed, and twiddled her thumbs before deicding on a response. She would, she decided, tell him the whole story just as she had told Tyler before. "Simply put, I was fighting a secondary personality imparted to me by the E.I. during the time that we trained together Christian. I beat it, and now i'm in control of it. That's why i'm acting differently." Alkura looked down at Tyler, who was still most definitely asleep, and would have to be woken up, then she looked back up at Christian. "Are you going to wake her up, or should I?" Alkura wasn't sure how much of a sleeping bear Tyler was, and she had no wish to be brained with a mace for her trouble. "You don't suppose she'll hit the person that wakes her up with the mace, do you?" Alkura said, voicing her concerns.

Lucien & Cal

Cal and Lucien entered, walking down the stairs looking at each other arguing, pausing only momentarily when they spotted Otto and moved to sit down. The argument continued. Lucien took up the first piece of the renewed argument. Apparently, both Lucien and Cal had gone to the city library during the evening to look into the history of the planet. Thankfully it was documented, a human account of the world had been written not too long ago in the democracy of an Eastern nation. It included an account of every single nation from their birth to the present day. However, it also pointed out an improbability. According to the accounts, the oldest nation on the continent was fifteen thousand years old. Not just that though, it was also said that only very recently, within the past five centuries or so, had the smaller countries broken away. Given this, Lucien argued that the citizens of these nations ought to theoretically be far more technologically advanced in the areas of medicine and civil rights. A natural drive of wanting to advance the society they lived in should have seen to that. However, Cal did not believe so. Few wars were documented in this history, and Cal believed that much of humanity's drive for improvement came from a need to become better at killing enemy armies, or efforts to end the horrors of war. Some of the world's greatest achievements came from this, including a great many medicines. With so few wars, it was unlikely that such a drive existed, reasoned Cal. This disagreement continued, both men asserting their differing views on the topic, until they both seemed to reach a resolution, an agreement amongst the disagreement. Whatever had been happening on this planet, and whatever saw the creation of a continent wide Empire, must have been a great enough threat that all efforts were devoted to defeating it. Or Perhaps some kind of plague had swept the land and taken the lives of many. Regardless of the reason, it was clear to them, something had happened in the past to keep an empire together for so long. Finally, with the debate ended for a moment, the two men turned to Otto, and poured some tea. Lucien looked at Otto and gave him a warm smile. "I trust your evening was well?"[/fieldbox]

Reactions: Dakota K5
Christian & Tyler

Christian gave Alkura a long, skeptical look before finally shrugging his shoulders and rubbing at the back of his neck. "Well… I'm glad to see that you're okay. I hope you can control it… You were a little crazy before..." He nodded his head a little at Alkura's question, moving over to Tyler's side of the bed. "Even before all this, she hated being touched in her sleep. Or being woken up at all for that matter." Christian stood close, but his stance was clearly prepared to jump back. "Ty…" He waited a moment and when Tyler made no movements he called out again, louder. "Tyler... Wake up." He nudged the bed with his knee, shaking it a little. "Come on… You're such a pain, wake up." He shook the bed with his knee some more. Nothing. Christian finally leaned over the woman and yelled her name out, sounding irritated. "Tyler Anne!"

As expected, Tyler came up swinging. In an instant, much too fast for Christian to back off since he'd gotten too close, Tyler bolted upright in bed, planting a fist right in the center of Christian's chest and sending the larger guy back into the wall. Christian hit the wall roughly and slid down to the floor, holding his chest.

"That's what you get for using my middle name. You know the rule." Tyler glared at her brother, who was looking regretful of his actions. She was much stronger now than she had been when they were teenagers and living together. "You knew what would happen." She continued, running her fingers through her hair a few times as she glanced around, happy to see that Alkura was still there and looking tame. "Hey. You slept pretty hard last night even after all the racket some idiot caused."

Meanwhile, Christian took his sweet time recuperating on the floor, wheezing out his message before the two girls could get into any real conversation. "Magister…here…" He wheezed a couple of times. "Meeting... with the king…" Wheeze. "Hour and a half."

"Yeah, yeah…" Tyler leaned over, stretching out flat over her legs and then just lying there like that for a while. "Uggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh…" The woman groaned out her disapproval of being woken up. "Just leave me here. Have the meeting without me."

@SoleStride

Alkura

Alkura's question was answered in a short and brutal period of time. After waking her up, Tyler punched Christian so hard that he flew into a wall and wheezed on the gorund, causing Alkura to wince slightly in sympathy. Then Tyler simply resumed her normal routine, looking around and conveying to Alkura that she slept pretty hard, despite the noise made by Christian, or at least who Alkura inferred was Christian. .....I am never waking Tyler up, ever. Alkura was brought back to the present and out of her flat and open mouthed stare at the display by Tyler stating that they should just leave her at the inn. Alkura stretched back out as well, and covered her face with the blanket. "Well, if you're going to stay here, I am too." Came Alkura's voice from under the blanket. She intended to stay wherever Tyler was.[/fieldbox]

Tyler & Christian

Christian was working his way back up off the floor, finally getting his breath back, when Alkura said she wasn't going to the meeting either. "Look." He said, aiming his words at his sister. "Now you're setting a bad example." Tyler just groaned into the blanket and tried to blindly swat at her sibling who was too far away to get caught in the lazy, haphazard swinging.

"Fine. Shut up." Tyler finally sat up straight again and rolled her way out of bed. Despite her apparent compliance, she really did wonder if maybe it'd be best for Alkura to stay behind in the inn – with supervision of course. First of all, the girl was injured and walking around a lot probably wasn't the best thing for it. She would say to keep the girl hidden from the king, but since the Magister had been there, she had probably already been spotted and the king would find out anyway. It was also probably best to keep her out of sight none-the-less if Mr. Dark and Scary Genie and his Black Asshole were looking for her at all. She looked at Alkura. "C'mon, up up. Let's see about some food before we decide anything."

Christian nodded in agreement with that statement and went ahead out the door and down the stairs where he spotted Otto, Lucien, and Cal already at a table with a bunch of food. "Hey." He went that way, finding a seat. "Is this for everyone?" He asked, smiling warmly at everyone there.

Alkura

"Ugh... Came a groan out from under the blanket where Alkura was hidden. "Fine." With a slight "Hmph" she sat up, moving carefully so as to prevent her wound from being disturbed too much. She'd have to change the bandage later, but for now she would be fine. Aside from that,her stomach had gurgled hungrily at the word of food from Tyler. So up she was, and then out the door and down the stairs. A massive breakfast was set out downstairs, and it smelled delicious. Alkura was quick to take a seat at the table, saying nothing to the other members of the group, and get some of the tea. She chose to sit next to her father, leaving a seat open for Tyler next to her.[/fieldbox]

Adam Kane

Adam was rolling all around the floor moaning in agony. "Aargh! I swallowed lava last night. Hot, smelly diseased lava!!" He winced from the sound of his own voice pounding against his massive headache. "Ssshhh" He hushed himself as he rolled under the bed looking for darkness and quiet.

A loud yell was blasted through the wall followed by a loud thump against the wall. "Shut up I'm dying in here." Adam closed his eyes and started to breath. He tried to find some quiet but he suddenly felt insanely hungry. "Damn it, why does Daisuke live like this. It's like living with your head in a vice and your stomach in knots.

Adam made his way to the door feeling slightly better, he tough it was about time his healing stepped in to help. He was still sensative to light and noise, so when he made it down stairs he shielded his eyes and winced at everyone's loud voice. He kept his head down grabbed some food trying his best not to draw attention to himself. He took in a nose full of grease and suddenly felt qweezy. He pushed his plate away and laid his head on the table.

Tyler

Tyler made her way downstairs behind Christian and Alkura, very slowly, and looking like she was still half asleep. When she noticed the table and everyone sitting there eating, Tyler sat down next to Alkura and instantly went to town on a plate of food that was sitting right in front of her chair. She made no move to look up at anyone for the moment as she was busy stuffing her face. After she had cleared most of her food, she finally looked up.

"Chris says that Magister was here this morning. We have a meeting with the king in an hour and a half." She glanced over at Alkura before looking to Cal and Otto who hadn't been updated yet. "Alkura is back with us. It seems like we've got quite a list of things to do today already. The Big Bad that popped out of Otto is here in this world. And his Black Knight is the one that sent that red-headed psycho after us in the village after we first arrived. Everyone needs to keep an eye out for danger. I'm not trying to play leader here, but I think we should stay in at least pairs or groups of three until we know what we're up against." Tyler stuffed more food into her mouth, chewing thoughtfully for a moment.

"We're also starting a new job today that involves hunting others who are powered like us." She turned her gaze to Cal. "I doubt they have our healing and immortality though. As I recall, that was a serum trait." She looked to the group again. "We have that advantage, but whoever we're hunting, they know this territory – the land. And they've probably had their abilities for far longer than we have. Don't forget that their powers are natural to them – they aren't to us. If we have to split up for some reason our units need to have variety to cover more possibilities. Otto and I will split into separate groups and Cal and Lucien should both be in separate groups. Different abilities for each group and at least one Founder for added strength to each group. Alkura will stay with me. Just keep all that in mind since we're starting jobs as bounty-hunters now."

Taking in a deep breath, Tyler let it out on a sigh and leaned back in her chair to comb her fingers through her hair. "Since this is really our only meeting time, the floor is open for any discussion that needs to happen before we meet with the king. Does anyone have anything they need to discuss with the group?"

Adam Kane

Tyler sat down with her brother completing the group. Adam looked at her for a second then suddenly got sick at the sight of her eating. She sat there inhaling food like a shonen anime protagonist. Adam laid his head down on the table again trying to breath through his nausea. He tried to ignore the sounds she made ad she chomped, slurped and chewed the fragrant greasy food.

Adam tried not to listen to the noises but rather the words. She must have slept on Otto's bed or something, whatever she did last night made her seem more leader like and less, well less like Tyler. Adam agreed with everything she said and when she opened up the floor he looked up. "I agree." He held back a dry heave. "After we visit the king breaking off in groups seems like a great idea."

Otto White
Interaction: All
-

Otto looked to Lucien and nodded, the communication more physical than verbal. He then watched as the rest joined the table, Tyler, her brother, Alkura then finally Adam before they all ate. He was peckish and ate very little, most of the food ended up being given to the two ravens as he watched Adam suffer a hangover and Tyler shovel food before giving a bit of a speech about what they needed to do and when to generalize it before she opened the floor up for anyone to broadcast their comments or concerns where Adam spoke first in agreement with Tyler. "I'll take Cal with me, Lucien can go with you. I would suggest Adam come with Cal and I so he and Daisuke can learn to use their powers a bit better since Cal is the only other user of shadows here but that would put us uneven in terms of power balance, frankly between Adam and Christian they need to decide who they are going with." He threw in his two cents, frankly though it was just noise to him as he looked on at Tyler. The way she held herself and spoke had changed since the first days, almost seemed like there was no need for him now especially in any type of leadership role.

Tyler & Christian

Tyler simply nodded in response to Adam's agreement, who looked like he was about to die. Then Otto spoke up. Tyler nodded again before placing an elbow on the table and sitting her face upon that hand. "I both agree and disagree. I think it's a great idea to have Adam and Daisuke tag around with Cal for learning purposes. But it would also disturb the power balance. In order to balance the groups so each one has the most variety of useable abilities, Cal and Daisuke and Adam being in separate groups would be more logical. Daisuke and Adam know what they're doing for the most part. I believe training could be done on a separate occasion. If we put Daisuke, Adam, and Cal together, that means one group will have no Light/Shadow ability which can really come in handy - especially for escape purposes. Unfortunately, Daisuke and Adam never use their Light ability, something that needs training before being put into use. And Otto, you never use you wind, which is one reason why I think it'd be good for you to be in Lucien's group."

The woman sighed, rubbing at her forehead a little. "On a similar note, putting Otto together with Daisuke and Adam would be a bad idea because each only uses one of their two elements and you would be lacking. And judging by Chris' weird smell, he's an Earth/Water. But seeing as he never uses it, I'm guessing he's not very strong with it yet." Tyler looked at her brother who nodded admittingly. "No matter how we divide these groups, there will be duplicate abilities and abilities missing, and someone will have Chris who is probably more or less human until he's had some training." The woman speared a lingering piece of egg on her plate and popped it in her mouth. "Having said all that, there is no perfect way to split this up. So how about this? Cal, Otto, Daisuke and Adam. And Lucien, myself and Alkura, and Chris. I like the idea of Adam and Daisuke training in real time with Cal, and myself training in real time with Lucien. Plus, Alkura would probably be most comfortable with her own father. Thoughts? Agree, disagree, recommendations, questions, comments, complaints? I mean, who knows, we may not have to split up at all."

Adam Kane

Adam's head started to clear up a little and it made sense to him that they should be split evenly. Tyler mentioned how Daisuke and Adam never used their light abilities and it hit Adam. "I have light powers? The only powers I know of are teleportion and Berserker mode, but." Adam looked at Tyler then Cal. "Is Berserker mode my light ability?"

He looked around the table and shared his thoughts to no one inperticular. "I haven't used it since I cleared up all my baggage but when Daisuke used his he was like 20 times stronger, faster more agile everything all while being in control?" He noticed he was rambling. "Nevermind I'm cool with the groups." He spotted some bread and thought that might be safe to eat so he took a toll and picked at it placing a small piece in his mouth.

Alkura

Tyler wasn't the only one who tucked into the breakfast with th eferocity of a starving animal. Alkura was eating her food as if she hadn't had any in ages, her plate cleared in what must have been record time. She only paused briefly while eating, and that was to throw in her two cents. "Wherever Tyler goes, i'm going." Lucien cast her a small frown at that, but did not disagree. When she was finished she put her silverware down on her plate and leaned back, satisfied with her meal.

Lucien & Cal

Lucien cleared his throat before speaking. "Well, given how this country is in terms of travel, we likely won't have to worry about this anytime soon. However, I agree, one founder per group." Cal nodded in agreement at the statement, so it seemed all was in order. "In any case." Cal said, speaking up himself. "It would seem that we need to be leaving soon, so we should all prepare. Yesterday from what I heard you were all rather bedraggled looking, so perhaps a change of clothes and a comb pulled through our hair would be in order." Cal got up and walked over to the bar, speaking to the bartender and passing him a gold coin. The man nodded and then disappeared. "Since it would seem that we all neglected toiletries yesterday, i've had the bartender see what he can do to supply us with the toiletries we'll need." Lucien nodded at this, then pulled his pipe out, tamped some of the mint scented weed down into it and lit the pipe, taking a long draft before spitting the smoke out into the air.[/B][/fieldbox]

Adam Kane

Adam finally felt better seems as though his healing ability had finally got off of its ass and started working. He sat up and began picking at his breakfast. He sat there listening to everyone talk about whose team they should be on. When it was decided that Adam would be with Otto and Cal Adam kind of got nervous. He wanted to know what happened last night why Otto seemed cool and since when was it ok to trust Cal? Wasn't he just trying to kill them? Didn't he kill Daisuke?

Tyler

Tyler looked at Adam for a moment as he spoke about his Berserker mode and is his sudden surprise about a light ability. "We should all have two elements. Otto's Air seems to be severely handicapped, if not entirely nonexistent. But his fire is much stronger than mine. There's really no way to tell why that is. But according to Cal when we first arrived at E.I., we should all have two elements. So far, I'm the only one of our group who has shown abilities in both my elements. Everyone else has only used one for some reason. I don't know if it's for lack of trying or lack of ability. It's something you need to work on with Cal when you're training. If you're capable of using both, it could really broaden your scope. But I doubt your Berserker mode is a Light element thing. There is no reason for them to be connected. It seems like more of a dramatic physiological fight or flight response – heavy on the fight, especially since it originated with major bodily damage."

She glanced sideways briefly at Alkura's comment, but said nothing. She agreed. Whether Alkura really wanted to or not, she preferred to stay near the girl – for multiple reasons. Instead, she replied to Lucien. "Hopefully, we won't have to split up, but we really know very little of this geography, including the size of the kingdom or the area that we'll need to search. We also don't know how many powered-types we'll have to hunt at a time. More than one begs for a divide and conquer method." The woman waited patiently while Cal rose to do something. Listening to his explanation, she nodded along with Lucien. "I agree. Everyone go get cleaned up. Probably meet back down here in thirty to forty if possible. Wouldn't want to keep the king waiting…" The woman stood and caught the bartender just as he was returning. She took some toiletries for herself and Alkura before waving the younger girl over and making her way back to the room.