A New World, Humanity Rebuilds (IC)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

conman2163

Long live Carolus Rex...
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per day
  3. One post per day
Online Availability
8:00 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Pretty much all of them
Navigation:
A New World, Humanity Rebuilds (Character Dump): Click Here
A New World, Humanity Rebuilds (OOC): Click Here

The year is 2020, and Earth is on fire.

A group called the E.I. at the beginning of the year began secretly kidnapping and training people to help them take over the world. These people were regular members of society, teachers, students, criminals, if it looked like they could be swiped without any real retaliation, they were. The world was none the wiser.

Several such recruits were collected from the general population and chosen to be trained underneath the three founders of this mysterious group. A school gym teacher named Tyler Haak, a large viking looking mercenary named Otto White, a former U.S. military infantryman Maine, and Daisuke a giant pervert/former yakuza member. After three months of training under the First, Second, and Third founders, the secret facility in which they were being trained was attacked by factions within the E.I. They hit fast and hard, sending the whole facility into chaos. Leading the group of trained E.I. recruits out of the facility, the Third founder led the small group to North Korea, where the rest of the E.I. forces had gathered. In a stunning display of brute force, hundreds of E.I. VTOL troop transport gunships assaulted the capitol, took over it and the nearby military base, and then executed the dictator.

However, the group of recruits were repulsed by this actions, and Tyler, Daisuke lashed out at the Second, prompting him to kill Daisuke. Daisuke was only saved by a chance, as a passing E.I. infantryman assisted burying Daisuke, Daisuke's consciousness escaped into the man, making him a target of interest for the Second founder. The Second founder had Tyler, Adam (The E.I. infantryman), another man who was recruited by the E.I. who vaguely reminded everyone of a russian, and Alkura (the daughter of the third founder). In a display of defiance (facilitated only by the Third Founder's intervention), Otto White and Lazaro (A crazed murderer who was only assisting them for the pure off chance they might get to kill someone) led a daring rescue of the prisoners, escaping to Sryia with them on a jet.

After they landed, Otto talked them through the Airport, calling in a favor from the commanding officer of the troops stationed there. Otto took the group to his home, and coincidentally, the place he buried his family. The group rested there for a day, but unfortunately they were sold out by the very commanding officer that Otto had called a favor from. A team of E.I. troops trained to track deserters followed them, and then they attacked in the night. The battle was brief but bloody, and it was discovered the very next day, in a letter from the Third founder, that the troops were all cloned, an attempt from the E.I. to make soldiers loyal, easy to train, equip, and recruit.

The group fled in the VTOL jet provided by the Third, guided to some mysterious facility by a man they only know as "Deanta" supposedly a trusted ally and teacher of the Third founder. As they got off the VTOL jet, they were greeted by a huge cheering crowd. Thousands of people who had hidden from the E.I.'s secret influence in underground societies had gathered into a single united rebellion, and this group of rag tag E.I. rebels were their largest hope in defeating the group. As it turned out, while the E.I. had a righteous goal, the goal did not justify the means through which they planned to execute it. With much of the world under the control of the E.I. (Facilitated by the E.I. implanting trained members of the group into the governments of nations worldwide, and then using their influence to convince them to join the International Nations Union, or INU, with the newly formed nation of the E.I. at the head, and major military superpowers like Russia and the U.S. backing up the group with the full might of their military.

In a surprise move, the rebellion turned on this coalition, and moving out from facilities all over the world they attack the E.I., intent on freeing the world from this tyranny. The E.I. rebels themselves spearheaded an assault straight into the main E.I. base, an attack that was wiped out, but still managed to distract the E.I. long enough for the rebels to defeat the E.I. in other places around the world.

Feeling threatened by this, the E.I. detonated the world's supply of nuclear weapons, reducing the population from 7.4 billion to three million in minutes. Those people who survived were transported, as if by an act of some deity, to a new world. Some land in deserts, some in forests, some in plains, some alone, and some in groups, but all appear, alive and no worse then they were on Earth. Something is strange about this world though, while it looks like Earth, and the animals do as well, the air is tingling with an energy that was not prevalent in society before, and all over the world these people have begun to realize that they can now use something strange and previously impossible, magic. In the background secret forces seem to be manipulating the situation though, and somewhere the immortals that survived the nuclear blasts are still alive.

It is now up to humanity to rebuild.

Otto White
-

He had headed out pretty much as soon as he had the gold in his hands with his two guards scrambling to keep up with him. He wasn't looking for anything in particular, a few pairs of pants and shirts which were much likes those worn by the peoples of medieval Europe back on Earth. He also found a small sewing kit that he could use to patch his regular clothes, a few spools of thread and dark patches of cloth were also bought. He strolled the streets more than anything, looking at the people and the city itself rather than spending much of his gold which he still had a large amount of. He seemed to find himself standing and just watching the people and the living movement of the city, shops, food stalls, professionals and artisans walking about or talking. It was nice, taking a break from the chaos and violence that had been a constant in his life for the past few months. It wasn't a surprise that his memories were being restored faster and faster almost as if it was exponential, he thought back on his life after E.I up to this point.
-
He started to make his way back where he had left from and found that he was the first one back, he chose to do something a tad out of character for the man on fire and sat down to meditate. Just like in the fighting pit he made a ball of flame appear in front of him and let it grow and contract with his breathing as his eyes were closed while he waited for Daisuke and Tyler to return.

[fieldbox="Time to turn Inn, red, solid"]

Magister

Whenever everyone made it back Magister was waiting for them, save for Otto. The man managed to make it back before it had. The creature sat down on a bench and waited, until everyone had made it back, along with the accountant and the guards. It gave off a wicked smile, and then stood up, taking a few gold coins from the accountant from the stipend given to the group that had been returned now that they were finished shopping. Then it waved the accountant off, and off the woman went, leaving the group behind. The creature rubbed it's hands together and looked at the group. "Right, now i'll see you to one of the best inns in town." And then off it went, and the guards fell in behind. As they walked through the town, they proceeded into progressively shadier and shadier areas, even walking past a brothel at one point. It was one of the darker side of town.

After nearly twenty minutes of walking, they arrived. As they entered the inn, passing under the sign of a broken sign calling the place "Broke Back Inn", the creature ran straight up to the bar and hopped onto the bar stool, only for the bartender to nod and hand it a mug full of ale. The child looking creature spoke for a time to the bartender, and then passed him two of the gold coins she had. The man studied the coins for a moment, then nodded to it and then the group, before pocketing the coin. After finishing the mug of ale, the creature stood up and walked over to the group. In all the process took around ten minutes, during which the group was assaulted by weary looks on all sides from patrons. "Right, well, the inn only has three rooms available right now, so it seems you'll all be sharing. A man in a long white coat and a man with a pipe already took one of those rooms, so those must be your compatriots. Divide the rooms up as you wish." The creature flipped the final coin it had with it to Otto. "That is the money you have to eat off of, would you want to you could purchase a feast worthy of a god. Try not to." Then the creature turned around and was gone. Shortly afterwards, a barmaid directed the group to the two rooms they could take, and then nodded to them and was gone, back to her business.[/fieldbox]

Otto White
Interaction: Tyler and Daisuke
Mention: Cal and Lucien
-

He had secured the coin given to him before they had stood in front of the two rooms. He looked to both Tyler and Daisuke. "I suppose it would be appropriate for myself and Daisuke to share a room while Tyler took the other free one, I am fine either way since I'm fairly confident that we three could split the rooms any which way and be adults about privacy and such." He looked at Daisuke. "Fairly confident." He stressed, more of as a joke then any actual dig at Daisuke. "We should maybe speak to Cal and Lucien as well. We all need to have a serious discussion seeing as Cal was not to long ago actively trying to kill the rest of us. I would suggest we do it over food." He added at the end as his two ravens hopped to the ground and started to explore while he spoke. He ran a hand through his hair as his spear shrank to knife sized again and he put it on his hip. "We also need to talk about what we're going to do, long term I mean." Otto spoke with a rather grave tone, not just because of the...thing that had come with them but also because they were ageless and plans needed to be made for the future.

Daisuke Hirragi

Daisuke walked off on his own. The guards followed him but we're ignored as Daisuke looked around the shops. His first stop was a weapons dealer. He walked in pointed to the guards and tossed one coin on the counter. "I want a sword, daggers and a way to carry them all." Daisuke's expression never changed he looked like he was just going through the motions. Daisuke was given some smaller coins and fitted with his weapons.

His next stop was a clothing store. He did the same thing dropped the coins on the counter pointed to the guards and asked for a few pants, some shirts and a coat. He spotted a roll of fabric and asked for that plus sewing supplies. The owner of the store took two of the smaller coins and returned the rest to Daisuke.

He returned to the guards side and said he was ready to return to the group. As Daisuke walked to the rest of the group he still looked crestfallen. "uh i'm so tired, I wanna go to sleep for ten days." he regrouped and the little thing led them to their inn. It was a huge disappointment. "I guess the king is broke nowadays huh? Shit did we go through a depression on the walk over or what?"

Daisuke listened to Otto and rolled his eyes when he mentioned being safe around him. "yeah, Daisuke the sex criminal. can't dissern between woman or man." he walked passed the group and took a seat next to the glowing kid. "i'll have what he's having." He tossed a coin on the bar, the bartender looked puzzled at the amount. "if it's to much just bring me a lot of alcohol. I don't want to deal right now."

Tyler Haak

Tyler made her way back not long after Otto, loaded with her own gear and supplies. Her first thought as they moved on, was that this light kid looked kind of creepy still, even worse when grinning like that. He said he would take them to the best inn in town, but the further they walked, the worse the area was looking. Her eyes cause site of a legit whore-house and locked on. "Glad to know there are other employment opportunities should our business venture fail." She said with absolute dryness. Even when they entered the bar, her demeanor didn't much change, though slightly more wary from all the looks they were attracting.

Since one of the three rooms was taken, probably by Lucien, Tyler assumed her brother was with them, even though he wasn't mentioned. She'd have to talk to him at some point soon. Otto became all business as they were taken to their rooms, going ahead and choosing how they would be divided up. "My brother should be with Lucien and Cal. He'll probably stay in my room. Two people per room sounds reasonable." She commented without thought before something hit her. Did Otto remember that Cal had been trying to kill them or did he just remember that from being told about their history up until now? She wanted to ask, but Daisuke was moping about and wandering off to get drunk. Otto was actually trying to be nice and make a joke for once, but Daisuke was apparently in some sort of mood.

Tyler watched him walk off to drink, wondering if his blue attitude was because of this whole Maine thing. As if moping about it would help. So childish. She became even more irritated, not even aware that she was capable of that level of frustration. The woman turned back to Otto. "You're right. We're stuck on this planet with no background and no idea what to do really." She frowned in thought for a moment. "You can't really expect us to stay together forever. At some point, this group is going to break up. It looks like we're closer to that now than I thought we'd be at this point. All I can think to do is find work, get money, buy a steady place to live, repeat. Whether any of us want to do that here or not is another matter. If there is a kingdom here, there should be other kingdoms elsewhere, maybe better ones for some of us. I'm curious as to whether everyone is really down with being power-cops for people we don't even know."

Tyler tied her hair up in a ponytail while she considered this plan herself, tapping her foot on the floor in thought. "I don't know… I'm getting pretty tired of being me, Otto. What about you?" She gave the guy a tired look. "Just go get some food, we'll have a meeting either later tonight or tomorrow morning. If you see my brother, tell him which room I'm in. I'm going out for a bit." Tyler stepped into her assigned room, not even bothering to shut the door as she whipped of her shirt and pulled a clean bodice on that she'd bought earlier. She really needed a shower, but it could wait. Showing more skin than she was used to in public, Tyler wandered back into the hall, shut her room door, and gave Otto a nod. "Don't wait up if I'm late." She strolled right passed the bar, and Daisuke, not even giving him a cursory glance before striding right out the inn door.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kurogane86
Otto White
Mention: Daisuke and Tyler
-

It's a...odd feeling...watching as the two people that are probably the only two people you give a damn about walking away from you in such a callous manner. Sort of like the feeling one would get from a lover or sibling walking away from you for good in a break up or disownment, at least that's what Otto would compare it to as both Daisuke and Tyler walked away from him. He felt scorned almost even though Daisuke was only a few feet away and Tyler was only still just outside the inn they had never felt farther away from him. The shocking thing was that Otto didn't feel anger at either of them nor any of the residual anger that sat in his heart but rather Otto just felt...sad. With a deflating sigh he entered the room he guessed Daisuke would share with him though from what he saw Daisuke didn't really want to even be there with them, like he had no choice to be there.
-
No appetite took him for either alcohol or food as he saw the room had a window leading out to the roof, it didn't take him long to unlatch the window and make his way out onto the roof which had a flat balcony like area he could sit on. He let his legs hand off the side as his hands were sat in his lap as he looked at the city as another sigh left his mouth, he looked to the dark raven which along with it's sibling had followed Otto out onto the semi balcony. "Follow Tyler, keep an eye out." The raven had no hesitation as it took off to look for Tyler and give Otto and eye out on her. He knew Tyler was more than capable of taking care of herself and dealing with pretty much anything on her own but he still felt an obligation to keep an eye on her as his teammate. Meanwhile the orange Raven nestled up next to him and looked out on the city just as he was.

Lucien

The man stepped down the stairs of the inn, saw Daisuke at the bar, and sat down. It was time for a little teacher like intervention. "Daisuke, what the hell are you moping about for?" Lucien tossed a coin same as Daisuke did onto the counter, this time it was silver. "I'll have an ale please, keep them coming too, the change is yours." The bartender nodded to the man and poured two ales, setting them in front of Daisuke and Lucien. "Well then, this is about Adam and Maine isn't it?"

Cal

The wind shifted next to Otto, and like a ghost appearing in the night, Cal was sitting next to Otto, staring out at the city. No weapons were in his hand, and no hostile intent denoted an attack. It was a peaceful gesture. "It's tough seeing the work you've put into something unravel isn't it? To be betrayed by people you've grown to care for.... So then, how are you alive Otto? Some kind of divine intervention? I was there, I saw you bleed to death from that wound you recieved, and now you're back, with two crows and a magical spear, everything about you reaks of suspicion. Your team may accept who you are at face value, but I checked your pulse, and I designed the very serum that courses through your bloodstream. You were dead beyond a shadow of a doubt. Miraculously you're alive now though? I refuse to believe it. So who are you, and if you are really Otto, how the hell are you alive again?"

???

As Tyler stepped out the door she'd likely see nothing but the slummish streets of the city, and as she passed through the streets, going to wherever it was she was heading, the night was setting in around her. As Tyler rounded a corner of the street she'd see two gleaming eyes staring out at her from the darkness of an alley. One red, one blue. It was just bright enough to make out a shadowy feminine figure, one that was short. The figure didn't stand in the shadows long though. Soon they stepped out into the light of the street, revealing the face of Alkura.

Alkura

"I almost thought you would never leave the group, Tyler." The girl cocked her head to the side as she looked at the woman. The girl's face and black leather gloved hands were spattered with blood, yet she looked healthy and well, so it was likely not her own, a guess that could be further reinforced by the sight of a small stream of blood flowing out of the alley, from a twisted figure laying on the ground. Over all Alkura looked well, her hair tied back so that it stayed out of her face. She was wearing a black tunic and leggings, her sword that she bought in Syria strapped to her waist by a belt. "I think we should talk." Finished Alkura, a playful tone in her voice.[/fieldbox]

Tyler Haak

The woman wandered down the street carefully, but her stride and destination were purposeful. She had some place she wanted to go to in mind, not for any good reasons, but she wouldn't make it there before the sight of something stopped her dead in her tracks. As if she could tell instantly who those eyes belonged to, Tyler took a quick step forward – like she was planning to rush to the girl. But all the signs of violence on and around her, the creepy smile, carefree attitude, it all told her to hang back. "Shit…" She muttered the word. It couldn't be helped, could it? The girl was brainwashed or something.

Tyler, reverting back into casual mode, placed her hands on her hips and stared the girl down – no hint of malice on her expression. So it was true… That genie bastard was here and was the one bringing E.I. people here. And Tyler had been stupid enough to leave the protection of the group with that kind of crazy monster on the loose. No doubt they had just been lying in wait for the first person to catch alone. "Do you actually want to talk, or do you want to give me a good exsanguinating? Because I'm down for the former but not the latter." Despite being alone, Tyler was not unarmed in the least, her body strapped with knives, her mace, the chakrams, etc. Even so… she had no idea what this little girl was capable of. This was just too fucked up. Such a young kid doing these kinds of things was just… again, fucked up.

The woman gave a long pause, running her hands through her hair in frustration. Her whole plan for coming out was to relieve some frustration, but now it only looked like she'd be gaining more of it. "What happened to you, Alkura?" She puffed air out through her nose. "You lost your damn mind and now you're what-? Killing people in the street for no reason?" Tyler gestured to the blood pooling near Alkura's feet. "What happened that day? Before you turned into this – what happened?" Tyler's stone façade finally crumbled just a little, into something akin to sadness. "…You're just a kid… You don't deserve this…" The woman began to crouch down, pressing the heels of her hands to her face, as she clearly began to strain to regain a handle on her emotions. "You're just a kid…" The time she'd spent pushing those feelings back down was coming right back at her. Ignoring what had happened to the pre-teen only made her appearance that much worse. Especially when Tyler felt so much guilt over what had happened to her.

"Where did you go...? What were they doing to you? Why did you come back if you don't even want to be with us anymore? Are you just planning to off us all? Do you even care where your dad is right now – if he's alive?" Tyler removed her hands to finally look up again, though she did not yet stand. "Is the real Alkura even still in there?"

Alkura

Alkura cocked her head to the other side, closely examining Tyler. She pointed to the woman. "Yes, Alkura is still in here, i've been here for a while now Tyler. Let me be clear, i'm something of a more dominant part of an amalgamation of two people right now. The E.I.... well let me start from the beginning shall I? Back in the compound, before Daisuke was killed the first time, I was given a serum, a mark two if you will of what you all have. It was intended to up the ante of the power of the founders, and me, being the good little test subject I was, was given it first. Though they didn't exactly have a backup. With the new serum came a new person, a secondary personality that was given to me. The serum didn't fully set in until we hit the Guardian's base, and when I was injured during training.... that second personality took control. It took me a while to regain control, weeks really. I was fighting with that second personality right up until the point where you and the rest of the group attacked the compound, when I was injured." Alkura paused and contemplated her next words. "I was forced to endure quite a few weeks of experimentation and "reconditioning" under Cal's watchful eye. The fact of the matter is, when Daisuke tried to kill me, and I got hit by that grenade, I was able to regain control, at least partly. As far as I can tell the personality, the second one that is, merged with me. Certain memories just aren't mine, for example, I can remember everything that happened when the second personality went berserk. Certain sensations aren't mine. For example, I have an incredibly powerful urge to kill whenever I see blood, or any real injury. Not that this is what this was..."

The girl looked back at the alley where the body lay. Her expression turned hard as she stared at the blood. "I made it quick for him, he assaulted me in the alley, I have no real idea what he was planning, but...." She pointed to a knife that lay nearby his body "He gave me no real choice. I'm no longer invulnerable like you." She shook her head and looked at Tyler. "The serum, the second version of it that is, is a failure. It grants the user more power, expands and breaks previous limits that may have existed, but whenever I was transported to this world, it had an adverse effect on my abilities. I'm virtually powerless now, I can't heal, and all I have left now is what's left of my abilities, and even those weaken me considerably. You could kill me now, if you really wanted..." Alkura shook her head. "The whole story sounds made up, doesn't it? Sometimes I act in ways that I didn't previously. A stupid smirk, with a playful glint in my eyes, something that I inhereted from that second personality. It's not funny though. I barely made it away from Adler, and his black knight pet." Alkura lifted up her tunic just a little to reveal a large bandage over her midriff, the right side of the bandage tinted with a crimson stain of blood. "Adler doesn't enjoy losing his toys." Alkura dropped her hold on her shirt and gripped her sword, drawing it and staring at Tyler for a moment, but then dropping the weapon to the ground. "I didn't come here to fight, I came here to surrender, maybe even rejoin the group that is all I have left now. I killed people Tyler, good people, but at the same time, that wasn't me. Understand that. That's why I escaped, that's why I came here. That's why I waited to see you alone. I know you'll understand. So please do." The girl looked at Tyler, and a tear rolled down her cheek. "Afterall, you, my father, Daisuke, Adam, Otto, Maine, you're all I have left of the world that used to exist."[/fieldbox]

Daisuke Hirragi

Daisuke slammed back another cup of ale, it was bitter and tasted like dirt but anything to numb the pain would do. He raised his hand at the barkeep and took out a stack of smaller coins. He looked at it and showed the barkeep, "Is this enough?" The bartender took the coin poured anot her cup and dropped off 3 smaller coins. "Ahhh, I don't get this monitary system, I miss the Yen. It was easy, versatile and better." Daisuke dropped his head on the bar. "I miss my hometown."

He yelled "Kampai!" And downed another glass. He laid his head on the bar and sighed loudly. He picked his head up quickly and was about to order another round when Lucien showed up. He sat down all cool like and asked why he was moping, he then bought the next round and said the key words. He looked up at Cal, his cheeks and nose a bright red from the alcohol. Adam's face puffed up when Daisuke drank. He looked as if he was gonna cry, "you old bastard! Can't you make them..." Daisuke burped but continued talking. "MAAIIKE them stop fighting? Maine stabbed Otto, Adam tried to stab Otto but he's back and fine." Daisuke took the cup of alcohol and drank half. "Can't he just get over it. Already!"

Daisuke took the cup and downed the rest. "And Tyler's being a ball buster saying, how, she's not." He shook his empty glass at the bartender. "She ain't gonna not forgive them!" The bartender brought him another glass. "Arigato gozaimasu." He said as he drank another gulp. "Why she gotta be like that? She's always had an attitude. That's why I wanna do her and everything but shit damnit! Can't she cut the kid an Maine dome slack!?" He looked at Lucien then at his cup. He then drank the rest and laid his head on the bar. "Can she just forgive already and get this shit over with, I mean I love her and shit but she's got such a bitch side makes me wanna mark right over to her and pull her close like this." Daisuke mime grabbing Tyler by the waist and pulling her close. "Now look it here T-whiler, you let this shit go, Otto's fine and Maine feels shitty as it is. fucking forgive him and the kid already"

Daisuke's hands moved lower as if reaching for her butt. "That's right baby" His voice got more sentual. He moved one hand up to where her chest was and started miming caressing her chest. "Yeah, that's right baby, I can make you forgive and forget." He then started moving his hips into the air in a steady motion. He suddenly stopped sat down drank his drink and looked at Lucien. "You know. Like that." He laid his head on the bar and groaned "I wanna bang her already."

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: SoleStride
Tyler Haak

Tyler kept her eyes fixated firmly on the young girl as she spoke. Her arms crossed across her knees where she remained curled up on the side of the street. Even so, her feet were flat on the ground and she could stand and be ready to fight at any moment. Despite what the girl was saying, Tyler couldn't help but stay prepared for an attack. Her anger mounted as Alkura explained what had happened and how Cal had been 'reconditioning' her. Even the clear sign of a wound on the younger girl's body made Tyler's blood boil.

Damnit… Don't cry, Alkura… Tyler didn't say it out loud. As much as she wanted to just hug the girl and take her back to be with the group, she couldn't. As strong as her previously non-existent motherly instincts were, rearing their ugly head, she couldn't fall for it. No matter how badly she wanted to take Alkura back, the child just couldn't be trusted. Taking her back would put everyone in the group at risk and she couldn't put them in danger that way. Needless to say, Alkura probably already knew where they were staying tonight. She'd obviously been watching them for god-knows how long.

Tyler ran her hand down her face in some sort of internal agony. "Tell me… About Adler and his black knight." She forced the words out, forcing herself to ask the necessary questions and not just give in to womanly feelings of pity and compassion. "Did they bring that crazy-ass E.I. guy to kill us? What do they want? Are they watching us? What are their plans?" She shook her head a little, finally pushing herself back up to a full stand. She couldn't risk this meeting being some kind of enemy trick to trap them. Of course… Use the emotional link to slide on in and take them all out.

Just thinking about it, the war in her head, was building to a volatile peak. Fire skimmed across Tyler's knuckles and up her arms as she tried to stay in control. "Alkura… You have to know already that it's not that easy…" Despite the flames, Tyler's appearance, oddly enough, remained a deep blue in color. It had never happened before, but for some strange reason the fire was peculiarly detached from her cold skin instead of warming it per usual. Her heart was picking up speed in her chest. "You know you killed people, tried to kill one of ours. Knowing that you can't control it…You have to understand that I can't put them at risk." Tyler's hands clenched into tight fists. "I want so badly to just… tell you to come home but…" She took in a shaky breath. "It's not safe. I can't know that you won't revert and kill someone close to us. I need proof. I have to know for sure. If it were me… I'd want you to do the same. But I don't want you to disappear again..." Tyler pressed her lips into a firm line, trying not to let any tears well up into her eyes.

Otto White
Interaction: Cal
Mention: Tyler and Alkura.
-

He turned his head to Cal as he spoke, his left eye truly not seeing the man as it was busy seeing though the black raven Idee. "Quite a jump from speaking of betrayal to asking how I'm alive. Yes I am Otto White, same mercenary E.I kidnapped and turned into a more deadly weapon by giving me the power of fire and wind." He spoke as a breeze blew by and a small fire lit in his hands before being extinguished. "Cal to be frank with you I don't have the slightest damn clue of what brought me back. I remember...something, it felt like what came about after I had been stabbed but...older almost. I don't remember much else, I was adrift after having been dead. I guess it was my soul or something similar, it was like the state between sleep and wakefulness almost...it was all quiet and faded but whatever that thing was that I felt pulled my soul back from death. Otherwise I haven't a clue." He finished speaking as he got really still. "Tyler has encountered Alkura."
Idee sat on a ledge looking down at both Tyler and Alkura letting Otto see what was happening but not what was said, the black raven was as silent as a grave itself as not to give away its position above the two.

[fieldbox="The Pain of Choice, red, solid"]

@SoleStride @Dakota K5 @Kurogane86

Alkura

Alkura stepped back from Tyler, her body pushed backwards into the darkness so that only her face wasn't left in the shadow. "That.... that wasn't me though.... I- I have control!" Her voice was choked and emotional, tears welled up in the girl's eyes and began to roll down her face. She looked towards the ground, she could no longer make eye contact with Tyler, not now. "I- I don't know if they are watching us. I don't know anymore. Adler didn't tell me much, and the black knight acted on her own with that last attack." Alkura's voice was a husk, defeated, tired. It said everything, the girl wanted to simply give up now. How could she prove something so complicated as the internal battle that she had fought? Her lack of power to do anything? "I can't. I can't prove it. How I supposed to do to prove that I have no power? How am to prove that I can't heal anymor-" The girl's eyes widened suddenly, as if she had realized something in the brief moments she had taken to reply. Her tone turned quiet, the look of shock apparent on her face as a fresh wave of tears rolled down her cheeks. "You.... You think i'm here to kill you... to kill everyone. You think this is a trap..." Alkura stepped back further into the dark, enveloping her face in the shadows now, only her eyes, and the shining tears of her face visible.

Cal

Cal shook his head. "Sounds peaceful. It sounds nice." The man looked over at Otto as he continued to sit though, shaking his head. "Another failed experiment resurfaces. What a small world this is." Cal layed back on the rooftop, folding his hands under his head. "I suppose you and the rest of the group will want me dead or imprisoned once all this pans out? That would be ironic I suppose, the end of the creator brought about by his creation."

Lucien

Lucien held his hands up as the rest of the bar patrons and guests of the inn cast looks at them. He shook his head. "Daisuke, you and I both know it isn't that simple anymore. Maine and Adam, they had a choice, and they made that choice. For better or for worse, the reconciliation isn't going to be something that you can force. They'll need time to forgive, and Adam and Maine will both have to prove themselves worthy of trust before being given that trust back."[/fieldbox]

Tyler

Seeing Alkura's reaction just broke Tyler down. She couldn't hold the tears back and they spilled over as well. She wanted to step toward the girl, but knew it wouldn't make any difference. She'd probably only run away if Tyler tried. "Alkura… Please…" Tears streamed down her own face. "You have to understand…" Tyler covered her face with her hands, trying to hide her terrible expression from the child. It felt like her heart was breaking. "Please come here. I just… I just…" Tyler crouched down on the ground again, finally holding her arms out. "I just need to know you're okay. Please. I'm so sorry…"

"We'll figure something out, I promise." The woman's face, streaked with tanned skin from where the heat of her tears had been. "Just… we need time. Please don't make me choose. Don't leave..." Tyler's fingers found their way into her hair where she gripped tightly. All she wanted was to hold and comfort the child, but Alkura no longer trusted her. She had only pushed her away. "If you have control, show me! Come over here right now and show me." The woman just looked so broken, crouched there on the side of the street, weeping into her arms. She probably looked crazy. She sure felt it.

Daisuke Hirragi

Daisuke lifted his head in protest to Lucien's remarks. "shut it old man." He stood up and looked around the bar. "that's the problem with you westerners. you're all about holding grudges and shit. back in my hometown my aunt married the man that forcibly took her virginity." He reached down grabbed his drink and took a long gulp. "and a happier more well functioning couple couldn't be found. Of course Grandpa Gin did threaten uncle Jiro with his families Katana but that's besides the point." He stumbled off the stool and walked around the bar drink in hand. "that's all i'm saying is that life is to short to hold grudges." He sat down next to a large burly man who was drinking alone in the corner.

"let me go ahead and set an example." He took a drink looked at his glass, he had about a 1/3rd left. He held it up then splashed it on the large man. "see now that was an intentional accident." Daisuke said as he placed his cup on the table and walked around him all the while the large man grew furious. "now. Mr. Large scary man. Tell me what are you feeling?" Daisuke placed his hand on the bulky man's shoulders. The man squeezed his cup in his hand until the metal bent and crushed by his grip. "pissed right? of course you are." Daisuke turned to the rest of the bar. "see I wronged this man, but there is a simple way to fix all of this." Daisuke faced the man who had know stood up and towered over Daisuke. "go ahead" He held himself open and even stuck his chin out. "slug me until you are satisfied and when you are done i'll buy you a drink and we can be friends."

The large man looked at The drunken foreigner and decided to do as he was asked he cocked his fist back and delivered and strong blow to Daisuke's jaw causing him to go air born and land on a table a few feet away. Daisuke laid there for a second as the room got quiet. A few seconds went by and the man was still quiet then suddenly he stood up his nose and mouth were bleeding. "see. now we can be friends. bartender a couple rounds for this large man and a round for these guys who cushioned my fall with their table. The large man groaned and sat down once his drinks arrived, the others at the table cheered when their drinks arrived.

Daisuke stumbled to Lucien and sat down. He plopped his head on the bar. "see all better."

Adam Kane

A few minutes goes by then Adam's body starts moving. He wipes away the blood from the now healed injuries and looks up at Lucien. "Hey." He looks like blankly ahead and raises his hand trying to get the bartenders attention. "excuse me, can I get a..." he looked around and didn't know what to order. "what ever I was drinking before." The bartender looked at him as if waiting for something "oh, sorry." Adam pulled out a few of the smaller coins and placed one the bar. "here you go if it's to much consider it an apology for the disturbance earlier."

[fieldbox="A joyful Reunion?, red, solid"]

Alkura

Alkura hesitated only for a moment, before she rushed forward and dropped to the ground, embracing the woman in a hug. Crying now into Tyler's shoulder as she sobbed in the darkness of the street. "I won't leave... I won't abandon anyone. You are all I have left..." Alkura dropped her head into the woman's shoulder and simply cried, letting everything out, all of her pent up emotion. "Just don't leave me... please..."

Lucien

Lucien shook his head at first Daisuke, and then Adam when the boy woke up. "You and Maine have caused quite the mess." Lucien sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "I ought to beat the living hell out of you kid. You and Maine both." He shook his head again and picked up the mug of ale he had barely touched, drinking a large gulp from the cup. "Listen to me Adam, and listen well. What you and Maine did, you've alienated yourselves from the rest of the group, not that you didn't already know that. You both were fucking idiots, and it's a big damn problem that is causing stress for everyone involved. So here's the deal. For the next couple of missions, you're running point. You're in the dog house, and you'll need to make an effort to get out of it. You won't be alone though, Maine will be right there with you." Lucien stood up. "You best figure a way out to get back into Otto and Tyler's good graces quick though, because they both have a right to throttle you and Maine." Lucien stood up, downed the rest of the mug, and then walked towards the stairs, leaving a single silver coin in his place.[/fieldbox]

Otto White
Interaction: Cal
Mention: Tyler, Daisuke and Alkura
-

He still watched the pair of Tyler and Alkura, he watched them embrace as a bittersweet smile made it to his face as he recalled he would never get to hold his child ever again. A bitterness suddenly welled up inside of his chest as he cut the vision and recalled Idee who took off with a flap its wings above Tyler and Alkura, causing a few feathers to drift down towards the two.
-
"You created a serum not the ones who had it injected." Otto spoke to Cal as he looked out into the city. "And frankly I don't give a shit what you did myself, sure I was upset when you killed Daisuke's
original body and then locked up Tyler and the rest but that's because I feel an emotional attachment to all of them and in particular Tyler rather than my feelings for E.I and it's plans for Earth. I'd have rather had you as my ally than enemy for your sheer combat ability let alone your scientific skill but the dice fell differently, plus I was a mercenary before all this so I don't really have the moral high ground to be condemning your actions." Otto finished speaking as he also laid his head back to look at the sky.

Adam Kane

The teen sat there, head down, hands wrapped around the untouched mug of alcohol. He sat there and listened to everything Lucien had to say. He was right he was ready to accept any physical attach Lucien was going to deliver. When he simply drank his drink and told Adam He and Maine would run the front lines for a while to earn Otto and Tyler's trust back, Adam relaxed a little. He watched Lucien walk away, as he did Adam called out. "I will. I'll earn their trust back." He turned back to the bar, he faced the mug of alcohol and sipped some. He cringed as he pulled the bitter, dirty tasting drink from his lips. "this is Beer? Shit" he said as he wiped the gross flavor from his lips.

Adam placed the mug on the bar and looked around the bar. Everyone seemed to be having a good time laughing, talking and getting along. He tried to smile but couldn't. "damnit. Old Man Lucien's right. I gotta earn their trust back." He turned around and faced his drink. He groaned at it, then picked it up and drank another gulp. "gross." he placed it down and started talking to himself again. "But why doesn't anyone understand it was Otto's life for the three founders. Otto's life for the safety of the world, or so we thought." He got irritated and rubbed his head in frustration. "how the hell were we supposed to know a wizard man would appear once Otto was killed. Damnit." He picked up the mug and took a big gulp.

Adam shook his head and cringed at the taste. "shit this stuff is bad." He knew he had to finish it since Daisuke has a fit when he doesn't finish something he was given.

Tyler

Ah, finally. Tyler wrapped her arms around the small girl and held her close, curling around her as if trying to protect or shield her for some reason. Not that she knew why she did so either. It didn't really matter though. The woman scooped Alkura up as she sat down against the wall of the nearest building, just cuddling with the child for a little bit. "How did you get control of yourself? Jesus, Alkura, we had no idea where you were or what was happening to you." She squeezed the girl tighter, maybe a little too tight, and let out an exasperated sigh. "How did you get away? How did you know where to find us?"

Was Tyler letting her emotions get the best of her? Yes. Yes, she was. Was she caving to the sight of a little girl in tears? Also yes. Was she collapsing under the weight of her own guilt? Most definitely. Had Alkura not shown up at the precise moment that she did, Tyler would be venting all this frustration on some unsuspecting man or woman in some unexpected ways. Ways that would make Daisuke proud. Proud, but maybe not happy. Because her whole plan for tonight was to make it only two buildings down and step right into that brothel where she could do whatever the hell she wanted for a few hours.

She wouldn't now of course. With Alkura's reappearance, there were things that had to be done before she could rest just yet. "I've got a lot to ask and we've got a lot to talk about. I need to get Lucien; he needs to see you." Tyler wiped some tears from her face, sniffling lightly.

• Love
[fieldbox="A joyful Reunion., red, solid"]

Alkura

The girl continued to sob for a bit, before she grew quiet, she didn't stir. Alkura was content simply sitting with the woman against the wall of a building, in some street, in some town, in the middle of some country, in the north of some continent, on some planet that had been so kind as to give the woman and child a brief respite from the terror of the past few months. She only made a noise once Tyler asked her a question. Her voice came out raspy and hoarse, the result of the powerful sobs that had taken control of the girl. "It took me days, trapped in some horror of a world that the black knight inhabits. I made it out through sheer luck, found a door that was heavily guarded and fought my way through, and then suddenly I was outside this city. I just followed the rumors of a blue woman carrying a mace and a group of strangers that had apparently ravaged some poor village being escorted by men of the king in this town. Then it was a matter of waiting for the right time to show myself." The girl sniffed as her story paused for a moment. "I only gained control at the last minute, when I was hit with the grenade in the compound, I was able to throw the pain in the other personality's face. Again, sheer luck. I didn't even know what was happening really either." Alkura held back, not mentioning the weeks that she had endured within her own subconscious in that time. Time she had spent trapped with the very personality that had taken over before. When Tyler mentioned Alkura's father, Lucien, she nodded slightly, before resting her head against the woman's body once more, not bothering to speak in response. She'd answer their questions, as best she could at least.[/fieldbox]