A New Dawn OOC [Applications Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to overstep bounds at all but this is just a suggestion for how I thinky ou could run this rp to make it the least amount of hassle.

1. Do the rp in the form of Chapters. This requires you to have a specific thing youw ant done for the chapter, or things encompassing multiple characters. You don't give it away to the players but the players basically write towards it. You just direct them in the way you wish them to go. This style needs NO post order which makes it feel alot more free and it means the only one that hassles players for posts is the gm XD.

2. Decide if this is sandbox or direct story. Or a mix of both somehow. Once this is decided make it clear to players what level of writing they need to use to be successful in the rp. My personal level is that I pretty much gm my own posts add scenes to spice things up, but that make sense, and NEVER do just reactionary posts (They go no where v.v) Always seek to move the plot along with each post you do. Make it significant and not just filler. That is how I prefer to do things.

It's definitely a more sandbox roleplay, but I do have a few events I'll be guiding us towards and such. I want the story to be a group effort though, like I said in the OP

Not to overstep bounds at all but this is just a suggestion for how I thinky ou could run this rp to make it the least amount of hassle.

3. As far as combat, my suggestion is to have it be scripted. I ran a game like rpg on this site one time where I actually fought the players. IT IS A MESS! Instead pm certain players how the fight is supposed to go down, or else collaborative post with players. Like I said not trying to overstep here but I feel these elements are INCREDIBLY necessary for any long term group rp to survive.

I think thats all I got. My friend and I will likely be tossing our cs in very soon. =)

I've never really GM'd a RP like this before so I'm not sure how I should approach the combat honestly. Thanks for the input though, typing up the IC soon but wont post the thread till you two have joined.

Currently working out our characters. Ill have my cs up fairly soon hopefully.

So, are the applications closed or not? I know you mentioned that you were going to add 2 more charries, but you also said that it was closed for sign-ups. So if it is still open despite the title, I would love to join. :)

Well I'm waiting for @Wolfsin and his friend to join (They take up the two slots), however I was about to remove an inactive member(@Sol-Et-Luna), so sure, you can take their place.

Name: Anastatia M. Moore

Sex:
Female

Race:
Human

Appearance:

Purple-girl-on-the-battlefield_1920x1200.jpg

History:
Anastatia was born the only daughter to one of the greatest generals in all of Fallhurst, so she grew up spoiled and used to getting everything she ever wanted, contributed to also because she was the youngest. She also grew up receiving military and battle training. As she grew older, her three older brothers who were all soldiers, were always away fighting with her father, so her mother took the time she had with no male interference to teach her daughter manners and etiquette. Because of this special training to become a lady, paired with her rich upbringing, she became very stuck-up and looked down upon everyone she deemed to be lower than she.

As she grew into ladydom, so did her looks. She is a very attractive girl, and that along with her high status brought her many suitors from many different regions. However, her mother and father, who was often home from crippling battle injuries, disapproved of everyone she ever though was a good match for herself, which after a few times angered her so much that she ran away numerous times and was always found with another guy, who was usually very poor and had some form of a criminal record. The once perfect daughter had turned into a rebellious little brat, and it would only go downhill from there.

On one particularly eventful runaway attempt, she found a new man who was a soldier like her father and brothers. They bonded instantly over their military upbringing, and soon fell in love. She snuck away many times after that just to see him, and when she was finally caught, she begged her parents to see the man of her dreams and evaluate him to see if they deemed him worthy. Anastatia's parents could see how much she honestly cared for the man, and they approved of his military upbringing. So, although he wasn't the perfect man they had always dreamed of for their daughter, they gave their blessing and they were wed soon after.

Anastatia knew that her love, named Tyson, was a drinker, but she never knew just how bad it was until he came home from the pub one night and was drunk out of his mind. Two of his friends had taken him home, but they left soon after, leaving her alone with the drunk, who was passed out on the floor. Or, so she thought. As she came closer to him to see if she could lift him onto a stool or the couch, he pulled her face down on his and started kissing her. She shoved him off and walked away, but he was able to drag himself over to her, where he started beating her. But Anastatia wasn't one to be taken advantage of. She swung back, and when it escalated into an all-out fight, she grabbed a kitchen knife and stabbed him in the arm and hand to get him away. He eventually passed out again in a drunken rage, but in the morning when he woke in a pool of blood, he went to the police and had her arrested for attempted murder, and because he was so respected, the police refused to take Anastatia's side of the story into account.

Personality:
Anastatia is very hard-headed and stubborn, and will not take anyone elses opinion into consideration unless she agrees with it. However, she can also be very polite, as she was raised to be a proper young lady.

Reason for imprisonment:
Attempted murder of her husband

Skills:
Anastatia is trained in basic military combat, learned from being raised in a military household. She has exceptional manners and etiquette, which allows her to act like a noble or a higher-class citizen if needed be to get information or pity, and is naturally very beautiful, which gives her the ability to charm people into giving her whatever she wants.

Weaknesses:
Anastatia is a hopeless romantic. She is always dreaming about love, and will sometimes unintentionally form a romantic attachment with someone if she has known them long enough. She is also very stubborn and hard-headed, which can lead to problems if she disagrees with whatever is said, as she will most likely refuse to do something if she does not like it.

Reactions: Terpsichore
Gonna decline doing this rp after all. Sorry for the wait. Something else came up.

In that case, I'd possibly like to consider reserving the last spot? Although, I would like to ask this first: What are your posting expectations for this story?

In that case, I'd possibly like to consider reserving the last spot? Although, I would like to ask this first: What are your posting expectations for this story?
Sure you can join, and intermediate I guess.

Sorry guys my internet went down and is still down at the moment, one of the great benefits of living in the middle of nowhere

All credit for the base image goes to Heise.

Manase "Behrun" Angeneem

Race: Four-winged Avian species known as Abalim

History: Behrun found God when he was four years old.

He was born to a small family of Abalim that lived in the Bordering Mountains, overlooking a small forest, to the west of both Fallhurst and Oakdell, but still under the influence of the Guild of One. Desiring to expand the reach of their god Mavorr, the Guild sent Missionaries to every corner of the world, and one small group eventually reached the Avian city. Daring the high cliffs, they ascended to the village, and there set about trying to teach the "uncivilized" about the greatness of Knowledge. The young Abalim, still living under the name his parents gave him and he has since forgotten, was finally given a word to explain that which he had always unconsciously understood. God.

His parents and older sister were baffled and unnerved by his sudden "discovery" of God, and tried to convince him of the fact that there was no such thing, only the Truths of life and flight. Distraught by his family's inability to recognize that which he knew and could not live without, the child became enraged, and wound up attacking his family.

Word of this quickly spread around the village, and the Missionary were quick to come collect the boy. Found by someone who understood "his" god, he calmed, and attempted to apologize to his family. They, however, considered him mad, and would have clipped his wings and banished him, had he not agreed to accompany the group back to Oakdell. On the journey he and the Missionary grew quite close, and the Priest, astonished by his level of faith, named him "Behrun," an ancient name from their own Bible meaning "Let him guide us." When they reached the White Tower of Oakdell, the Missionary reluctantly handed him over to a Member of the council, and left to return to her Mission. There the Council acknowledged him as Behrun, and concluded his name with Angeneem, "adopted one".

Constantly under the scrutiny of one member of the Guild of One or another, Behrun set about learning the ways of their Order, and, his greatest joy, learning how to fly. He called flight a "Face of God," and while they did not understand his meaning, his mentors were content to let him consider flight a form of worship, and a way to enhance his own ability to learn. They first taught him Air magic, as, without the cliffs of his village to aid him in take off, he would need a stiff breeze to be able to lift his strong form off of the ground, and gain elevation in the lack of available thermals. Once they were satisfied that he had grasped a firm enough understanding of the magic to continue his learning on his own, his mentors began to introduce him to many other forms of magic. Although he took most readily to healing and shielding spells, they found him remarkably willing to attempt any type of learning, even ones that subconsciously terrified or repulsed him. He continued to talk about experiencing "Faces of God," and they eventually concluded that a "face" was a subject on which he could learn.

However, at 15 years of age, a restlessness began to form in Behrun. His mentors did not notice, and continued to press him in his learning, until he finally broke away and fled deep into the Oakdell slums to find new "Faces." It was not until one of his mentors followed him that they finally began to realize, from his actions and attitudes when he was alone, that the "God" he worshiped was not, and had never been, Mavorr. At first they simply found him studying various things, people or houses. However, he began to cover himself in filth, and began to sample some of the potent hallucinogens on the market, seeking the "Faces," which they finally understood were not things he could learn, but were experiences available to the living.

Furious at his "betrayal" and "deception," the Council summoned him, and when he refused to renounce his "false worship," they banished him from the ranks, naming him Manaze, "forgotten one," someone who would be banished from the memories and thoughts of all who had once known him.

Behrun left willingly enough, confident in his belief that the Guild of One had no new Faces to show him. His one regret was the official loss of his name, and although he would never accept Manaze as his true name, it was the name that he would give to those who questioned him from that point on. After all, the pain was another Face of God, and one he had to accept as willingly as he accepted the rest of the Faces.

However, without the eyes of his mentors constantly watching his every move, Behrun had no reason to only perform those actions he had been taught were "right." He plunged wholeheartedly into the Faces that could only be found on the opposite side of "right." Behrun was unable to tamper his actions in his quest, and his actions ranged from simple theft to murder. He steadily moved south, leaving a trail of devastation in his wake, and many knights and officers of the law were set on his trail, for many of his more heinous crimes were considered to be the actions of many different people.

For years he danced just ahead of those pursuing him, using their own quests against them, reveling in the faces of both hunter and hunted. At times he escaped, living back in the "right" for a period of time long enough for his actions to just be forgotten, before he would venture out again.

However, when he finally reached the city of Islesbury at the age of 22, Behrun found himself cornered on all sides by the various groups pursuing him, as well as the female Missionary that had brought him to the Guild of One eighteen years ago, and had acted as a temporary Mother-figure for his childhood. Despite the promise of his new name, she had never forgotten Behrun, and considered herself somehow responsible for his actions when she finally put his disappearance and the crime sprees together. She caught up with the various groups pursuing Behrun just outside the walls of Islesbury, and organized them together to capture him, using her own magic to counter his ability to take flight. Her arrival was enough to cause him to falter, and he was captured surprisingly easily.

He was put deep within the Islesbury dungeons, in a cell specifically designed to hold those who could wield magic, and his wings were bound and chained. While Behrun was mostly ready to accept the imprisonment as a new Face, the loss of the Face of Flight was enough to, by the time of his release thirteen months later, drive him temporarily mad.​

Personality: Despite his rather reserved nature, Behrun is a surprisingly easy person with whom to get along, as he is always willing to experience the world from the perspective of someone else. He is quiet, contemplative, and mostly obedient, although he is reckless when enraged, or left to his own devices for a period of time with no reminder that someone is watching him.

Reason for Imprisonment: A massive number of crimes spread out over six years, ranging from petty theft to mass murder.

Skills:
  • Intermediate skill in Air, Healing, and Shield magic.
  • Cursory skill in other forms of Elemental magic, mostly forgotten in the past six years.
  • Adept flying ability, damaged by the year+ he has spent and will spend with his wings bound.
  • Many sticky skills in the past has given him elementary skills in wielding a dagger or short knife.

Weaknesses:

• Although he has been taught right and wrong by the Guild of One, Behrun cannot differentiate between levels of wrong. To him, stealing a pie is just as reprehensible as killing a group of orphans.
  • In order to be able to fly, Behrun has to keep his body in shape and light. He cannot wear anything but light armor and weapons, and must ensure that his body is very strong, both chest and legs.
  • Because his bones are hollow, they are not as strong as any ground-bound mammal. It takes significantly less force for his bones to break.
  • Due to a high Avian metabolism, Behrun has to eat twice the normal quantity of food as a human to maintain a healthy body weight and still have the energy to fly for medium amounts of time. Extended flying requires him to eat more food.

Last edited:
That's fine.

Update: Believe it or not, the IC is here

I'm working on editing an appropriate image for my character. Should I ignore that for now and get out the character sheet, so that we can move ahead, or should I just trust that you guys won't run away without me? :tongue:

May as well find an image, I'll stop everyone from running off without you :p

Thank you. I should have it completed within a day or two, since I'm really enjoying the editing process.

Dear everyone,

I may have gotten a little bit carried away in the IC topic and missed the part about writing roughly four paragraphs per post.

Sorry.

It'll probably happen again though. Just saying.

Dear everyone,

I may have gotten a little bit carried away in the IC topic and missed the part about writing roughly four paragraphs per post.

Sorry.

It'll probably happen again though. Just saying.

Don't worry, it's more of a guideline than anything.

Definitely still interested!

Reactions: AFeatheredHat
Ah, good! I'm just checking to see who we have to wait for before we can move on

Status
Not open for further replies.