A New Dawn OOC [Applications Closed]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually find the gaining of skills and weaknesses throughout the rp interesting. Is that something you do or we?

Well, say for example you start scouting ahead for the group, naturally after a while you will become proficient at scouting and it can be added to you list of skills.
Alternately, if you have the money you could find an NPC in a town to teach you a skill.

With negative skills or, effects I guess, say we're in battle and you get a major cut down your leg, that leg will be damaged

Ah okay.
Won't be home til later. Bbsitting.

Sweet.
Rules are great, also I love the party idea, it was genius.
Cant wait for this to start.

Thanks Enthriper!

I'm thinking of possibly letting a few more people join.

I'm fine with the rules. I think one or two more characters at most, or things might get congested, but that's just my opinion.

One minor note, the first post has all the character sheets in spoilers except... Yours! Are you going to add Narshal's sheet?

Yeah, I was only going to accept two more characters anyway!

I did try to add mine, but it kept messing up, such as 3 or 4 empty spoilers appearing above the one containing my CS, or my CS being split into the various spoiler tags.

So I cried and gave up, hoping no-one would pick up on it :(

Yeah, I was only going to accept two more characters anyway!

I did try to add mine, but it kept messing up, such as 3 or 4 empty spoilers appearing above the one containing my CS, or my CS being split into the various spoiler tags.

So I cried and gave up, hoping no-one would pick up on it :(

Poor thing, you didn't count on me showing up, did you? ;D

Hey, sorry,
I left a couple things out of my character sheet(mainly about HOW he got arrested in the first place) and wanted to edit it.. but I saw that it didn't work like I thought it would.
Stupid me..
It didn't appear fixed on the front page, where everyone would look by default.
So, me being quite a perfectionist, I'm asking you to fix it, Chivarable..
Not to be nosy or anything..
I would greatly appreciate it..

Also I want to ask a question..
Will there be magic in this rp?
(Yes I am completely aware of Lucian..)
Because I would like dot to acquire some heals..

I added your extra info to the OP
And sure there is magic, no spells of absolute destruction and doom bringing, but stuff like element manipulation, telekinesis, levitation. If you mean a healing spell, that exists, yeah

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet, double thanks.

I guess, if we're acquiring strengths/weaknesses throughout the roleplay, then we can acquire spells, too? From, say, a magic scroll, or by studying under a mage for a bit? Perhaps each character should have a list of spells, too?

I'm not sure that Alexandra would go out of her way to learn any spells, but I can see that she might get some mileage out of a few healing spells, or invisibility, perhaps.

Good idea, will update the OP with information on magic and how to learn it.

Also I want to ask a question..
Will there be magic in this rp?
(Yes I am completely aware of Lucian..)
Because I would like dot to acquire some heals..

Sempai has noticed me! ;-;

Updated the OP with information on magic. Tell me what you think!

Also, @Sol-Et-Luna are you still in this RP or have you dropped out?

BrokenTerra:
Oh..

Everyone:
Sweet, I love that magic idea. It gives mages some boundaries. Like mana or something..
I also like the fact that you put the magic thing in the party list.

Question: How is the combat going to work?
(Meaning, how are we going to rp it.. turns? And I suppose you are controlling all baddies?)

BrokenTerra:
Question: How is the combat going to work?
(Meaning, how are we going to rp it.. turns? And I suppose you are controlling all baddies?)

I think combat will work like this (in the early stages, at any rate):

Narshal will do all the fighting because he's the only one with a weapon, unless the rest of us (barring Lucian) can do plinking damage by throwing our sandals at the opponent.

As for the magic bit, yeah, that looks fine and dandy to me. Looking at the character sheets and histories, it's fair to say that most of our party won't have had any real contact with magic users. The only question I have about it is whether there's a limit to magic use, as in a "spells per day" quota or something. All I'm thinking is that, if Alexandra buys/finds/steals a scroll of "Heal Wound", then surely it's a bit ridiculous is she waltzes into the local hospital and proceeds to cure everyone she comes across. Whilst I like that anyone could learn a spell or two if they wanted (I appreciate the comment on warriors not knowing magic generally, but I think a few of them might try to master a simple healing spell, just for the sake of practicality), it does seem odd to suggest that a character could read a scroll and then cast freely without any drawbacks. Even a very powerful wizard would reach a point where they are out of juice, so to speak, and simply lack the mental power to cast any more spells.

Sorry if I'm adding another layer of unnecessary complexity. ^^;

Reactions: Ambre
Very well thought though. It is true, that each character should have a limit on their abilities, both magically and physically. Perhaps just have their character tire, rather than continuously use their abilities. Perhaps overuse could lead to long term weaknesses, even?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.