A New Dawn OOC [Applications Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
...You replaced me?
Well okay. I was actually at band camp these past few weeks. I posted a journal about it and everything... I thought people were aware of my absence.
But okay, guess not.
that's cool.
...there are still spots left in this, right?

I'm curious - is necromancy an accepted form of magic in this world, without any real laws against its use?

I'm curious - is necromancy an accepted form of magic in this world, without any real laws against its use?

Yeah, I was kind of thinking the same thing. I guess the easiest canon explanation is that it's considered to be deeply immoral, by almost everyone (barring necromancers and necro-groupies, basically) and probably outlawed. That said, we're in the docklands, where things are a bit of scummy anyway, so maybe security isn't exactly great in this area. The few soldiers left here on "guard" duty probably aren't being paid enough to justify getting into a fight with a passing mage. After all, if he's going to let Skeleton Frank follow him around all day then he's either powerful enough to deal with anyone that questions it, or crazy enough not to worry... Either way, would you want to have to confront him?

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, necromancy is a form of dark arts.
Meaning "bad." XD
And yes, he is crazy enough not to care and thinks it's "normal."

I guess I just have problems believing, if necromancy is hated by almost everyone, that not a single person would report it, and not a single guard would respond.

Suspension of disbelief, I guess.

Who knows?

I know that if it was me who saw this, I would be too shocked to believe that it's even real.

Maybe that's why it's not being reported or maybe in this role play, it's not so bad a form of magic for mages?

Who knows?

I know that if it was me who saw this, I would be too shocked to believe that it's even real.

Maybe that's why it's not being reported or maybe in this role play, it's not so bad a form of magic for mages?

Isn't a large part of your shock down to living in the real world, though? If *I* saw a person walking around with a skeleton following them then I would never believe it to be true, but that's because I live in a world where necromancy doesn't exist and skeletons don't walk around. If I lived in the world of New Dawn, where people were necromancers and skeletons did walk around, then I'd be able to believe it a lot easier, even if I wasn't able to accept it as a normal, everyday sight.

*Sigh*

Can you please stop trying to make my character out to be over powered?

Just because I didn't state it in my post doesn't mean the authorities didn't notice.

Over powered? Who said anything about overpowered? The problem isn't that Lucian can summon an independent skeleton that wanders around with him. That is quite an interesting power, and is perfectly fine. Even if he had many dead people wandering around with him, that wouldn't be a problem. This is a world of magic, so a little bit of magic isn't going to make someone overpowered. Look at Behrun's character sheet. He has massive elemental powers. If anyone is "overpowered" he is. That isn't the point either of us are trying to make.

The problem is that he wandered through a public area, intimidated countless people, and there are going to be no consequences to it. Your character is breaking the law in a very public and obvious manner, and no one seems to be caring. No guards are confronting him, and no people are challenging or attacking him for being a public menace. NPC's are people, too, even if they are mostly plot filler. And abusing them with no repercussions is not only unrealistic, but makes for poor storytelling.

Last edited:
I wasn't talking about you Peregrine.

Also, I'm not the only one who can control the NPC.

For example: The guards could burst into the bar right now.

I know you weren't talking about me. You weren't even talking to me. You were talking to Terpsichore about your character, but she and I are saying the same thing, so I'm just picking up where she left off. I probably should have let her answer it, but I didn't. :shrug:

And of course you aren't the only one, but would you really be cool with me writing a guard into the inn to arrest your character? If you are, I'll gladly go do it, and we can end this conversation right here.

I'm going to bed.

I'll think about it.

Best birthday ever? I think not.

I'm going to bed.

I'll think about it.

Best birthday ever? I think not.

I'm not sure what your birthday has to do with anything...

Peregrine has pretty much said what I would have said. I wasn't calling your character "overpowered" this time, we had already settled that issue before and I was happy with the outcome. My objection now is simply to the way that Lucian is using his powers, seemingly without any sort of consequences for his actions. :/

Know what? If you want it changed, change it yourself.

I'm done being ganged up on. Report me if you want. I don't care anymore.

...*sighs*. Leave Terra alone. My god. Its just a roleplay. In my next post, I had planned on having guards notice and pursue him for questioning, anyways. She is correct. She doesn't have to be the only one controlling the NPCs. But it would be highly inappropriate to have a guard arrest the man, as, he is a slave to the plot owners character. Who seems to have pul with the guards in this place. It was just a post, one that could be built off of. So stop the incessant arguing, all of you.

Actually, Ambre raises a really good point, and since it has come up so aggressively, I would like to go ahead and ask now.

@Chivarable how do you feel about us non-GM players writing posts that have a large impact on the group as a whole? In this situation, if one of us was to bring the guards fully into the inn and have them arrest Lucian, would that be taking things too far for your tastes? If so, what about try to arrest? I think part of the reason Terpsichore and I took this so far is because we don't know any other way at the moment to make our opinions heard, other than having Terra edit something in.

So, what would you like us to do in the future? Should we just write a GM-style post bringing in guards and have them surround the table, or attempt to make an arrest, or wait for something from you or the person who controls the character?

Actually, Ambre raises a really good point, and since it has come up so aggressively, I would like to go ahead and ask now.

@Chivarable how do you feel about us non-GM players writing posts that have a large impact on the group as a whole? In this situation, if one of us was to bring the guards fully into the inn and have them arrest Lucian, would that be taking things too far for your tastes? If so, what about try to arrest? I think part of the reason Terpsichore and I took this so far is because we don't know any other way at the moment to make our opinions heard, other than having Terra edit something in.

So, what would you like us to do in the future? Should we just write a GM-style post bringing in guards and have them surround the table, or attempt to make an arrest, or wait for something from you or the person who controls the character?

Just to point it out, Chivarable hasn't been on since August 9th, and his profile message says that he's having Internet problems, so we might be waiting a while for an official answer. Perhaps we can have a group consensus on it in his absence?

Status
Not open for further replies.