A New Dawn OOC [Applications Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think playing NPCs that interact with others is fine. However, its unfair, in all rps, to just have an NPC or character in general barge in without giving the other character a chance to respond.

Yes, but there are various levels of interaction. We can, again using this as an example, say that a number of guards are looking for a necromancer and leave it at that, or we can just bring the guards into the inn , or we could have them march up the the table with drawn swords and proclaim that Lucian is under arrest. So it isn't so much a question of can we use NPCs as it is how much can, or perhaps should, we use NPCs?

Yes, but there are various levels of interaction. We can, again using this as an example, say that a number of guards are looking for a necromancer and leave it at that, or we can just bring the guards into the inn , or we could have them march up the the table with drawn swords and proclaim that Lucian is under arrest. So it isn't so much a question of can we use NPCs as it is how much can, or perhaps should, we use NPCs?

I asked EXACTLY this question on the general roleplaying board only a few days ago. It got one response. :/

(https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/npc-use-etiquette-and-ethics.63555/ for anyone that's interested)

I don't see the harm in having the guards barge in and try to arrest Lucian myself. Lucian still has all the same options; he can go with them, or he can fight them, or run off, or someone else can stand up for him... After all, if, say, Peregrine writes the guards trying to arrest Lucian, then BrokenTerra is equally permitted to write the guards in her response, so long as they behave consistently.

Alright, I've taken a slightly different approach with things, rather than using the guards...

After the way that this thread's gone, I just decided to go for it, so I hope no-one has any objections, and I apologise if I've trodden on any toes whilst writing it up. Specifically, BrokenTerra, sorry if I've misused Frank in any way, but he hasn't had much personality development for me to work off of yet.

In any case, if there's anything there that someone really objects to, then either point it out here, or drop me a PM and I'll fix it up post-haste. Hopefully that won't be the case, as I'm not looking to start a fight in the OOC thread too! (;

Last edited by a moderator:
Next question from the resident uncertain writer. Are we going to want to establish any sort of posting order/expectations for fight scenes, or just end it when it seems concluded?

On a note, if I am unable to get a post up before the fighting really starts, Behrun would use his shielding magic to protect... Pretty much everyone, his side or not, from life threatening blows to the best of his ability. He really doesn't want to go back to prison because someone's hand or temper slips. Feel free to use that, if it would aid your post.

Of course, it wouldn't last for more than one blow a person since his magic is really weak from being in jail.

Next question from the resident uncertain writer. Are we going to want to establish any sort of posting order/expectations for fight scenes, or just end it when it seems concluded?

On a note, if I am unable to get a post up before the fighting really starts, Behrun would use his shielding magic to protect... Pretty much everyone, his side or not, from life threatening blows to the best of his ability. He really doesn't want to go back to prison because someone's hand or temper slips. Feel free to use that, if it would aid your post.

Of course, it wouldn't last for more than one blow a person since his magic is really weak from being in jail.

Consensus time again? It seems like the inmates are running the asylum in Chivarable's absence!

Personally, I believe in letting people post in the order that they come. That said, I'm also happy for people to put in a placeholder if they want to reply, so long as they get their reply up within about twenty-four hours of their placeholder request.

So my internet is back up (Kind of)
I'll read through here and see what's up later

Status
Not open for further replies.