A N A R C H Y – Epic Fantasy War RPG (OOC)

Should We Make a Group for Accepted Members?

• No! - I am an accepted member.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No! - I am not an accepted member.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: A N A R C H Y – An Epic Fantasy RPG (OOC)

Yeah, she'd be a library assistant, I just wasn't sure what to write:)

Yudee: I take the Trance and Treat then.

Jun: Maven, component and compound.

Awesome! Thank you for your prompt response, Elflady!

Everyone, please take a moment to vote on the new poll. I'd really appreciate the feedback! Thanks!!

Just looked at the character sheets, bit surprised to find I was the third oldest character.

Anyways im going to look back at the other character options and possibly come up with a second character soon

Transcend; Stone

Ok i've decided and am finishing up the character now, just a couple more things to fill in.

– Ghosts ... and a bit of bad news for Kid :(

Thanks to Kid, we can now create ghost characters! However, as outlined in the Group Announcements message, I've rearranged the way the ghost skillset works. Kid, the 6 dice roll still applies to your ghost's skillset choices, but I will reroll to determine Aveline's proficiency in the 3 skills as well. Additionally, I've opened a poll on a Group thread that I would ask all to vote on, pertaining to this topic.

Okay, I don't mind if you need to reroll to determine her proficiency in the skills.

Everyone, please take a moment to vote on the new poll. I'd really appreciate the feedback! Thanks!!

Since you ask for feedback I'll be honest. I don't get what you're hoping to add to your RP with properties. If you could explain them fully and how you want that to effect the game's dynamic I'll be able to make an informed vote. Thanks.

Ok it's finally done, let me know if I need to change or add anything. Also if anyone wants to link up with my characters somehow feel free to ask!

Character Sheet
Name: Tattersail Bladesinger
Race: Acluv

Magic: Sword Carve, Drain
Nationality: Eliydar
Position: Warrior Priestess of Eliydar's Marines

Personality: Tattersail Bladesinger is a Warrior Priestess, driven by faith to destroy the heretics of other nations, and to hopefully convert those of her own nation. With a strong sense of pride and loyalty under her belt, she is determined to complete anything she sets her mind to. Indifferent to most gods, Tattersail is very malignant towards Assha and her followers as she finds them the true opposites of her moral beliefs or her god.
Appearance:
640x379_2713_Storming_The_Beach_2d_fantasy_knight_ship_storm_girl_picture_image_digital_art-1.jpg
History: As a young girl, Tattersail was a true embodiment of the simple minded Acluv. Tending to wander quite frequently to locations not fit for a young child. During one such incident, Tattersail found herself trapped by two wild Sagants. Frozen in fear she did the one thing she could do; Scream.
As she screamed however, a bestial roar filled the air, scaring away the Sagants. Astounded by this, Tattersail looked up to see in the sky, a large bird of prey circling above. Naturally, she did what any other simple minded person would do, conclude it as an act of Ouranos. She returned home, driven by her gratitude to Ouranos, with a new ambition; to devote her life to the Sky God. During these turbulent times, Tattersail finds herself A warrior priestess of Eliydar's military ranks.
Patron God/Goddess: Ouranos

... Your character is pretty cool. I LIKE HER!!!

Since you ask for feedback I'll be honest. I don't get what you're hoping to add to your RP with properties. If you could explain them fully and how you want that to effect the game's dynamic I'll be able to make an informed vote. Thanks.

Great! A chance to rant! :D I always appreciate honesty. If I can make things clearer, that can't hurt!
…That was rhetorical.
And pretty figurative.

Moving on!

I'm hoping to add … well, more realistic weaknesses. Literacy, ability to swim … these aren't things people are just born with. In the RP, if everyone could swim, read, write, and other suggested properties, journeying across Triera would be made significantly easier. This is an opportunity to spice things up and make the individuals distinctly different – from social status to nationality, the characters would be more complete if these came with the disadvantages of real life.

On the other hand, I can see how properties could become obnoxious and superfluous – that's why I'm having a poll. I'm skeptical about them, especially the "mental capacities" part. If they are involved, they will have to be integrated subtly and efficiently for the system to work out favorably. If you read my Note, you'll have seen that a fundamental part of the properties idea is that there is potential for bonuses and/or penalties for characters with different backgrounds, based on a future poll should properties be accepted as part of gameplay by our users.

I'm not sure how I can explain properties "more fully" … direct questions are always easier to answer, since I understand the topic and it's hard to put myself in the shoes of someone who is still doubtful of the term's role in the RP.

--

SOME VAGUE ANNOUNCEMENTS

In any case, this seems like a good time to announce that before the IC is launched, I'll put up an official roleplaying standard – this is just to state the obvious rules (no Godmodding, only 2 chars, etc) and clarify inappropriate roleplaying behavior that some more lax RPs might be OK with, though I'm still keeping it very newb-friendly!! If not, I am really, truly trying … (examples would include: appearances of gods to chars would have to be approved, you can't teleport over continents overnight just because some interesting action is going on between two other chars there … etc).

Also, there will be a junction point where all our storylines (around 15 chars already!) will intersect. Any and all suggestions are welcome. So far, I have one idea where they all, for one reason or another, get on the same ship. This would be a helpful way to get them to be in one place for a realistic reason, and give them opportunities to interact in a polite, subdued manner. Then something would happen to unite them – in the said ship scenario, perhaps an attack by a seamonster, or pirates, or something else interesting. Again, this is by no means the set plan – this is one suggestion. There must literally be an infinite amount of better ones! We're just brainstorming here, ideas that don't work now could be integrated later, with fabulous results! Anyway, while their motives may be very diverse, even contradictory, they unite in a common purpose, though some might just be taking advantage of the others' knowledge or protection to further their own goals, merely pretending to share that purpose.

We'll see! In any case, it'll be an interesting, fascinating, awesome, epic collaboration and I am looking forward to it 100%! So far, you guys have all been an active, creative team. I'm super-glad to have you all on board and I'm excited for what we can do together! I'm gushing now, but it's true! I'm excited!!! XD

I agree with Bellsong, Tattersail Bladesinger is quite the char! :D ​Accepted!

One question though -- what are Sagants?

Also, POLL 1 HAS BEEN REMADE to reach a definitive decision!!! Please vote! Thank you!

I honestly have no idea, I didn't know if we were going to use real animals or made up ones so I just came up with sagant and went with it, it can be changed as needed

I think Properties are unnecessary, as the correct balance of proficiency and weakness should be a part of good roleplaying. For instance, if my old wizard started doing backflips and hitting on teenagers, I'd be laughed out of the OOC. And you count on me and Vay, as seasoned moderators, to unleash the full force of the snark-kraken on anyone who pulls that kind of crap. I think the game can be pretty self-regulating in that respect.

I vote you keep the rules for the really powerful stuff like magic, ghosts and gods. That way it enhances the feel that we are entering another realm with supernatural laws when we decide to dabble with the superhuman elements of the roleplay.

I think Properties are unnecessary, as the correct balance of proficiency and weakness should be a part of good roleplaying. For instance, if my old wizard started doing backflips and hitting on teenagers, I'd be laughed out of the OOC. And you count on me and Vay, as seasoned moderators, to unleash the full force of the snark-kraken on anyone who pulls that kind of crap. I think the game can be pretty self-regulating in that respect.

I vote you keep the rules for the really powerful stuff like magic, ghosts and gods. That way it enhances the feel that we are entering another realm with supernatural laws when we decide to dabble with the superhuman elements of the roleplay.

Thank you very much for your opinion! I am moved to agree. Still, from poll data I have the feeling that the advanced roleplayers find it expendable while others would enjoy the guideline. As such, I'll wait and see if any of the 3 members who haven't voted yet would like to contribute before wrapping it up. Unless someone voices a counter-argument to the reasonable opinions of Vay and Asmodeus (either on this thread, or, preferably, in the Suggestion Box), properties will not become part of the game.

Voted... Now I just wanna roleplay.

Patience is not one of my virtues. ... I should work on that.

Heh, patience isn't one of my virtues, either. I'm planning on launching the IC sometime in the next 4 days unless complications arise. I think we're all ready for some action!! :D

So we're allowed two characters total? Or two characters at a time? (one character dies)

Also not to be pushy at all but I still need a dice roll for Tattersail

So we're allowed two characters total? Or two characters at a time? (one character dies)

Also not to be pushy at all but I still need a dice roll for Tattersail

Not pushy, thanks for the reminder!! To anyone out there – if you feel like I've forgotten a question of yours or duty of mine, don't hesitate to call me on it! It's likely that, with no offense or ill will towards you or any other Iwakuan intended, I've simply forgotten it because the RP has been so overwhelming lately!

I will get to Tattersail soon; I prefer doing dice rolls when there is more than one char that needs it. For now I'm still waiting for at least one more member before the IC will be launched, though regardless of circumstances at this point in time I expect to get this show on the road by Jan. 20 at the latest!

And we are allowed 2 characters at a time. So if one char dies, you can make another to "fill the slot", yes... but it's hard to introduce new chars in the middle of gameplay, so since it's 2 more days till Jan. 16, any character revisions or deletions should be made ASAP!

And:

KUDOS TO KAIROGA for the epic siggie!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

wait, I thought some others here were also using it?

Anyways i'll see if I can get one other to join soon.