A N A R C H Y – Epic Fantasy War RPG (OOC)

Should We Make a Group for Accepted Members?

• No! - I am an accepted member.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No! - I am not an accepted member.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: A N A R C H Y – An Epic Fantasy RPG (OOC)

KID

Okay … the dice roll result was a 6, making your ghost extraordinarily skilled in possession!

DiceRoll2.jpg

Oh, wow... Okay then. That could come in handy for her. Sadly I must go to bed now though. It's 1:30 in the morning here and if my parents catch me up this late I'll be grounded for a week or so. My character will defiantly be up in about 6-10 hours though. I have the idea for her in my head, and I know it will stay.

So, with that said, Good Night.

Well, here's another character idea I had, hope it's all good.

It is all good! Great char, accepted all 'round! My, you have a sense for nice and evil dudes >:} It'll be interesting to see how they affect the roleplay!! :D

Patron God: Orboteih, God of Luck (I don't know if this God is officially accepted, and Kairoga has not really given more insight on said God, but I think gambling would follow under his jurisdiction)[/Spoiler]

All right … I would accept the God of Luck under the name Orboteih, and credit it to both you & Kairoga, unless Kairoga wants to add said insight on his original God of Luck concept? I'll wait until Jan. 9 for a response before officially making Obroteih the God of Luck, though! In any case, feel free to use a God of Luck in character applications, since he will​ be accepted some time soon.

G'night Kid! :D

NEW GODS

• Viravele, Goddess of Beauty
• Grid, Goddess of Peace
• Israfil, God of Sand
• Ouranos, God of the Heavens
Thank you Azrael for the ideas!
• Orobteih, God of Luck
Thank you Kairoga and Azrael for the idea!

Also, Ereshra's color has been changed from teal to turquoise.

EDIT: I was alerted that Guinevere, the former name of the Goddess of Beauty, is commonly used as a goddess name in popular literature. Thus I have replaced her name with Viravele. If Azrael dislikes this replacement name, he may come up with a different one!

PLEASE WELCOME...

Azrael and his second awesome evil character Gil!! :D
Also, Kairoga and his character Enilede Clawhunter!! :D

RESPONSES TO PLAYER Q'S

> Can I make a ghost character?
Yes, but before you do, please read the Rules concerning that, which will be formally re-posted soon.

Excellent char! However, there are two small details in the sheet that must be changed before I can accept her :( But it shouldn't take too much tedious revision I hope!

If she has no occupation, or has no home, or does not deal with money (not just valuable wares) or her earning it, this automatically makes her position "pauper", since positions address social status rather than style of life. Also, it sounds like she could have at least two occupations: hunter and freelance soldier, since she appears to have joined some military cause in the last line of her History? Or perhaps that jut described her mental response, in which case she'd be a "hunter". Does that make sense? Was there a different occupation you had in mind?

So while I actually don't find this contradicting, and I think it is well thought-out, I feel like it does leave her personality a bit ambivalent. Perhaps the introduction of when certain responses are triggered (offense to her pride, offense to the forest) or what situations make her feel a certain way (injustice, gratuitous violence) could clarify the gray areas and help other players find Yudee easier to understand, and more predictable.

I like your analogy to the rose with thorns! Still, it doesn't seem like Yudee is typically "sensitive and fragile" to other people. Perhaps she feels these emotions when someone is in pain, or only towards nature. While you do continue to say that she hides these feelings because of her beliefs, which is a great and valuable thing to add, other feelings she has include ruthlessness, coldness and cruelty. If that is all fellow players think they will see in her, it may be hard to make a char that interacts constructively with others in the plotline.

Yudee does not seek out battles, but if someone wants a fight she won't refuse. She is a capable fighter and will not spare lives in a necessary battle. Like I said before, I wouldn't address them because I think they're contradictory – I don't think that. I just believe, as mentioned previously, the statements could use some refinement. Clearly she has a lot of pride – in herself? her race? her nationality? her god? the nature she protects? her way of life? her magic? Also, why doesn't she seek out battles if this is true of her? Does she deplore unnecessary violence? Does she dislike fighting those who have done her no wrong? Could she be pushed into a deadly battle if someone repeatedly taunted her without directly challenging her to a duel? In battle, she spares no lives – this indicates fierce loyalty to her side, and a cold indifference to the other side. This is not inconsistent with the rest of your CS, but it might be useful to mention that outside of battle, she won't go around slaughtering anyone who isn't Argenian. Unless of course this is true of her, in which case your char would be a radical nationalist and evil, since she endangers the other PCs.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you don't think my responses are appropriate – I'm here to make the game more safe and enjoyable for everyone, not make people feel crummy about rejecting their ideas!! I'm looking forward to your other character! :D

So, I revised my CS a bit, hope it's better now. And I don't mind revising my character, your points were very good and this just helps my character to become more enjoyable to play:)

Name: Yudee Willowclaw
Race: Gwydde

Magic: Nature
Nationality: Argentum
Position: Pauper

Personality: Yudee is a quite vain, calm and proud person, she thinks highly of her skills, her god and the nature around her making her a bit sensitive to insults against either of those, this is also one of her weaknesses as she has a hard time imagining herself loosing it tends to make her too sure of herself. She is also gruff, cold and a loner, she dislikes being around too much people, preferring only a few if she needs to be around people, instead she prefers the company of nature and animals, she carries her own weight and doesn't want others to help her. She is a hunter and lives of nature but Yudee never hunts when she doesn't need to and always uses the entire body of her kill to honour nature, she sells what she doesn't use and sometimes hunts for those who pay her but never too much in one place. Yudee spends much time outdoors and that has made her a follower of nature's law, the strong will survive and the weak will fall and do not deserve to be helped. Yudee uses sign language when she can and doesn't talk much, resulting in a slightly raspy voice, only when it's necessary and even then she uses her hands and body a lot to enhance her words resorting to sign language most of the time though. Yudee knows sign language the best of course but also her country's language however the common language of all countries are unknown to her, she knows a few words, enough to point out a thing or two and tell her name but not much else.In battle she can be both ruthless and cruel, not sparing the enemy's life but she wont attack just anyone or if she's teased. However if someone attacks, her, continuously taunts her or straight out insults her pride she will fight back but for the last two reasons it's not likely she will kill the offender as that person didn't threaten her life. Also just because a person is from another country doesn't mean Yudee will kill them in cold blood as she is a generally open minded person that knows that everyone in a country are not the same, not everyone wants war or destruction so Yudee will wait until she sees what kind of person they are, this is also true for her own country's people. She is a capable fighter and good at what she does but unnecessary violence is for thugs, Yudee will only fight when necessary and hates to kill others in cold blood.

Despite all her tough attitude though, Yudee can be quite sensitive and at sometimes fragile, like a rose with thorns, but she hides all those feelings inside as she regards them as weak and as such she will not acknowledge them because of her own beliefs. Despite all of her tough facade Yudee can be quite fragile, not physically but mentally, with all her strong believes and skills she is afraid to open up to people and earn friends. Her race are loners and she grew up with few others around, even as an adult she rarely sees people and when she does she is afraid to get hurt by others emotionally if she allow them to get close to her. As she is close to nature Yudee sometimes, when she is contemplative, relate herself to a rose with thorns, beautiful and a bit fragile yet strong and capable.

Appearance: Her waist long hair, always put up in a pony tail with feathers woven in it, is a vivid red with a purple hue at the tips, resembling a flower and her skin is smooth and slightly rubbery with a de-saturated greenish colour over her otherwise olive skin, resembling the stem of a flower.

ranger_by_shiramune-d36bft0.jpg

History: She never knew her father to much else than name and a brief meeting, her mother raised her until she was old enough to live on her own, having been trained to survive in the wild since she was old enough to understand words and signs. Yudee started travelling at once, living off nature, hunting with her long bow and dagger only coming into towns to sell furs or objects made from the animals she hunts, she mostly trades to get things she needs as Yudee deems money pretty much unnecessary for her life but she does keep a small bag with money in case she needs it. When the boat with all the heirs on appeared bloody and empty she didn't care at all, it didn't affect her and so it wasn't her problem but when the war threatened to break out Yudee realised that her peaceful life was threatened. So she fights to protect her country from the invaders so she can continue living her life in peace. She doesn't fight in a certain group or anything yet but if she's presented the opportunity then she'll take it.

Patron God/Goddess: Makto​

Awesome! Yudee is accepted!

I have to leave, but I will post her under "Accepted Chars" along with the Ghost Rules next time I come back!

Then I will do a dice roll for Yudee & Adan.

Awesome, glad to be a part of this!

About the clarification on Orboteih, would you like some information as to how he would work? As I do have some ideas about that.
Just realized, we've been spelling Orboteih's name wrong,

Edit: I guess the better question is, how much of an interest are the gods taking in this roleplay?

:D Looking forward to see your dice roll results ;D

I'm looking forward to... well, everything!

Awesome, glad to be a part of this!

About the clarification on Orboteih, would you like some information as to how he would work? As I do have some ideas about that.
Just realized, we've been spelling Orboteih's name wrong,

Edit: I guess the better question is, how much of an interest are the gods taking in this roleplay?

Oh dear. I will correct the misspelling immediately in the first & second posts of the thread.

The gods … are instrumental in that they are what people believe in, a large portion of why a lot of people do things, and that they, to a degree, interact with other deities to improve their followers' lives to an extent that will be beneficial to the god's plans. Still, thank you for checking with me for ideas, because roleplaying that whenever a char experiences misfortune, Orboteih suddenly fixes everything … would not be cool. Thank you for the heads-up! :D

... No way Im reading all that. I'll just look at the characters.

Ok then, I had figured that Orboteih and his luck factors could be done with dice rolls and what not, as in a character finds/recieves a(n) item/weapon and do a coin flip as to whether Orboteih blesses the item/weapon with luck,
if yes then another coin toss to determine if it's good luck or bad luck.
From there a dice roll to determine how lucky/unlucky the item is (1-2 minor) (3-4 medium) (5-6 major) and then every once in a while the good luck/bad luck could be tossed again to see if the items luck has changed.
Same as every once in a while luck toss could be done again to determine whether or not Orboteih's blessing has worn off.
The character would of course be able to give the item/weapon to someone else with the same luck stats to get rid of the items effect.

A blessed item could work as a positive/negative factor in a lot of situations (ex: haggling, hitting a target, dodging a target's attack, sneaking, spotting, etc...)

Out of character we would of course know the luck stats, our characters however would not know if the item/weapon was blessed or not.
To prevent abuse characters would only be able to have one lucky item on them at a time.

Those with advanced magic detection would do a coin toss to determine whether or not they can tell if an item is blessed, they would not be able to immediately tell if the item had good luck or bad luck.
They could however ask the character questions about their luck recently to try to determine it's luck.

You can of course change the roll factors around to make getting a blessed item harder, or to make it more suited for the roleplay. I'm pretty sure ive covered all the bases here but again, I feel like im forgetting something...

Reactions: 1 person

@Bellsong – I understand that ;) But I think it'd be a good idea to read the Announcements, too!!

EVERYONE PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING, I'D LOVE TO HEAR YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE MATTER AS WELL!

@Kairoga –

Hmm … I doubt it will be commonplace that chars in our RP will randomly find or receive an item, such as a weapon or article of clothing, that Orboteih could imbue with luck in the first place. Even if, that would be a lot of work and constant dice-rolling. People would forget about it and then there would be complications and whose-turn-is-it squabbling…

Instead, at the beginning of the RP, I opt to do a dice roll for each character, regardless of whether they worship Orboteih or not, to determine how much he blesses them with good luck. If he is their patron deity, the dice roll has a +2 bonus. If they are high magic users (5-6), the dice roll has a -1 penalty because it would be unfair for the other players if someone has a high magic char with high luck as well.

This dice roll will be repeated every 8 RL days, as Orboteih is a wanderer and his favor is fickle, wandering from one person to another and getting distracted. 1-2 means no luck blessing, 3-4 means minor luck blessing, and 5-6 means major luck blessing. Chars with a minor luck blessing can either make an object lucky for 7 RL days (this will make the item un-steal-able and un-break-able) or make themselves lucky for 7 RL days (this will cause them to not be attacked in that time). Chars with a major luck blessing can either make an object lucky for 13 RL days or make themselves and up to 10 companions lucky for 7 RL days or make themselves lucky for 13 RL days.

Chars who roll a 6 are now not only blessed, but also divinely favored by Orboteih, and have the options of someone with a major luck blessing with the additional option of increasing your magic proficiency to the next level for 5 RL days. If you are divinely favored, Orboteih will actually appear to you in the IC and bestow his divine favor upon you. (He can appear differently to everyone, being a god.) That way, as opposed to the other blessings, which he gives you no indication of, you can make a conscious decision if you are divinely favored, and will be aware of the effect of any option you choose.

These are my ideas. If anyone disagrees, please, please, please say so! The more opinions I have, the better decisions I can make on what will help everyone enjoy this RP while keeping it manageable and fair!

Thank you Kairoga for your extensive thought on Orboteih's effect on the roleplay.

Definably an interesting twist to the roleplay! It will be fun :)

I like that idea, it would make it a bit more interesting and actually realistic as luck plays part in RL as well:)

Reactions: 1 person

I'm all for it! It adds a nice element of luckiness and it'll be good to see!

Groovy notion.

But would we also need rules for the inverse? Bad fortune reflected in lasting injuries, psychological damage and curses?

I always enjoy playing flawed characters, and it's even better when you don't know what flaws you're about to develop.

Groovy notion.

But would we also need rules for the inverse? Bad fortune reflected in lasting injuries, psychological damage and curses?

I always enjoy playing flawed characters, and it's even better when you don't know what flaws you're about to develop.

What an excellent idea! But I think it should only be done to players who ask for their characters to be vulnerable to bad luck … after all, I'll be making sure all your chars stay on their toes with sudden ambushes and monster attacks and natural disasters and whatnot, so there'll be plenty of misfortunate to go around! I would like to institute this as an optional choice for those of you brave of heart and mind :D

If you have 2 chars, you can choose if one of them is vulnerable to curses while another is not. I know I want Keda Angharra to have the possibility of curses, but I think I'd prefer Flavya de Rose uncursed. I also think there should be a limit to how many times one character can be cursed – otherwise the same person would keep getting injured and that wouldn't be fair :(

Thank you so much for the epic idea, Asmodeus!

sounds good, but just to make it straight, I was kinda hoping for Orboteih to be a goddess...

would be pretty interesting to see what forms Orboteih would take, and if one would actually know if that crazy homeless guy touching them was blessing them or just trying to steal from them. after all, Orboteih wouldn't have to tell them that they are lucky.

Now for the next part, since we've given Orboteih the chance to run willy nilly around this rp, how do we decide how the other gods/goddesses will affect us? (we dont have to but it would be interesting!)

Name: Aveline Archcloak
LilFaye.png
Race: Gelu

Magic: Ghost
Nationality: Eliydar
Position: A passive and neutral ghost

Personality: When Aveline was alive, she was very cheerful, friendly, honest, and loyal. Though after she died, Aveline found it hard to stay cheerful. She is still polite, and does her best to put on a cheerful face for the living since she rather not make them want to harm her.

Appearance:
Being a ghost, she is see through. Her form barely lets light pass through her, and her body is blurred around the edges, making her not look solid. Aveline is only 4'10" and weighs nothing since she is a ghost. Her dress goes down just an inch past her knees, and she doesn't wear shoes. Her clothes were the ones she died in. She will make it look like she is walking when she moves around, just to feel more like she isn't really dead and not to freak out anyone all that much.
Whenever Aveline becomes depressed, burns will appear on her right side of her face, both of her fore arms and partly on her upper arms, as well as her areas on her torso and legs, and even her dress will look burned.

History:
Aveline was born and raised in a small village away from the big cities. She was always more weak and fragile compared to the others. On her thirteenth birthday, there was a horrible accident in the stables, causing a massive fire that spread quickly throughout the village. Aveline was trapped in her own home and died. Only her older brother and a few other villagers survived the tragic event. Not being able to move on, Aveline stayed on Trieran as a ghost.

Patron God/Goddess: Horus, God of Dawn
Aveline and her family have always worshiped Horus for as long as she could remember. Even in death she follows him.