A Model Relationship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kristin was glad when lunch ended, she wanted to talk with Jared. He seemed to lose the color in his face in the middle of the meal, for what reason she did not know. Hopefully it wasn't anything bad. Saying a polite goodbye to both his brother and his wife, she left with Jared to head home. Looking over to him for a moment, she reached out and took his head, though she didn't turn to face him as she did.

"Is something wrong?" She asked softly?

Jared didn't know how to put words into it. He felt guilty and shamed. His own feelings conflicting and clashing like water and fire. One part of him wanted to brush aside the truth while the other half of him fought back violently. The persistence of his brothers words dug under his skin. He felt angry at himself but he knew he didn't have a choice. He needed to know. If the advice his brother brought upon him were true. It might be foolish to put their relationship on stake but Jared knew better than to ignore what his brother usually said. Even though he annoyed him, Jared took into careful consideration the words he spoke. They were reasonably true. And the last time he failed to listen to his brother, he ended up drunk. Not wanting to admit things, he knew his brother wanted the best for him.

"This is my fault but I really need to know something for myself ... and that means putting our relationship on hold. I'm sorry Kristin. But I need to think things through for the next few days. I'm sorry. To simply say, I think we should take a break from each other. See other people. I'm sorry."

Jared said, letting go of her hand. Turning his back, feeling like a coward. But he didn't wait for her to say anything. Feeling horrible ... sorry, sorry, sorry. Ringing in his ears.

Kristin was in shock, she had not expected to hear him say that. Things had been going so well! At least she had thought they were. Frozen in place by his words, she watched him turn away, letting go of her hand and leaving her to stand there alone on the sidewalk. People passed by but she didn't see them, only staring at the back of Jared as he left her with his rather simple words. After awhile she looked away from him, her eyes moving to the ground before she closed them tightly and turned on her heel. She should have known that the second try would be pointless! She should have just said no when he asked her on that damned ship.

Now...She felt heart broken.

For the first time, Kristin felt upset and lost, maybe because this time around, she had developed a bit of an attachment to him, unlike their first run around with had been a fling of sorts. Now though, his only proved that he had never been really serious about it, in the beginning he may have but the commitment scared him and so he ran off once more. This time though, she was the one left with a hurt heart.

The very next day, Jared was silent. His secretary taking occasional glances at him as she worked. He concentrated on his work and forgetting everything else in the world. He needed to stop thinking about yesterday. He did what he had to do. And that was the end of it ... maybe. In truth, he heard her say it once to him. Sure it was nice but he couldn't commit himself. He couldn't do it anymore. Even though things were blissful, it only lasted temporarily while at the end of the day, Jared couldn't help but think about the choices he had made.

Spending the rest of his time inclosed in his office, he barely even looked up for lunch. His secretary looked at him worriedly.

Kristin didn't work that day, she called in sick. Though she wasn't physically ill, she was emotionally. She just couldn't handle seeing him so soon after that. More than anything else she wanted to yell at him. Yell at him for lying about being interested in trying again, yell at him for his sudden change of heart, and to yell at him for hurting her so much. Sitting on the couch in her pajamas, she just sighed and closed her eyes, her hair a mess and her face a bit red from all the silent crying she had done the night before.

Time continued and Jared composed his cold silent self. Everyone around him stared at him hesitantly, too scared to even question him. He ate and went home sleeping. The very next day he repeated the same motions, getting to work and surprised to see that his secretary tried to make him happy by buying sweets. Having no appetite he let it sit there and returned to working. The blood in his veins acted like frozen ice. He was numb and blind. He couldn't see anything, couldn't hear anything. He felt stripped and empty. His feelings wiped away, his memories locked up. A puppet of a man. A sad, lonely puppet.

Kristin came into work the next day, dressed rather nicely for an office visit. It seemed everyone was feeling their bosses vibe as the whole office was silent and seemingly depressed. Kristin though was a woman on a mission, a few sheets of paper in her hand as she stomped towards his office with a rather ticked off expression. Her sadness had turned into rage, and now she was out to find out what had made Jared to this, though not without giving the man a piece of her mind. Not even looking at his Secretary as she approached his door, she pulled it open and then slammed it behind herself, locking it swiftly before moving over to the windows towards the office and shutting them so no one could look inside.

" Here..." She said simply as she tossed the papers in front of them, it being her resignation from the company.

He stared at the pieces of papers on his desk. Unfazed by the motion. He understood well enough and he wasn't going to stop her. His heart had glazed over, his eyes dull and dead. He took the papers quietly as the sheets rustled under his fingers. He slipped them inside of his desk. Waiting for her to leave. This was the end of them? Maybe... Jared couldn't define his feelings. He had lost his energy and his liveliness. At this rate he would get back into his old troublesome ways involving drinking and partying.

"Jared...I'm mad at you." Kristin said suddenly. "I'm so livid that I could scream, but I know that would bother your workers out there. So I'm going to keep this short and sweet. When you made that offer to start over, I accepted it for two reasons. One was because you seemed interested in trying, and I mean really trying. And knowing that gave me a little faith that maybe you changed yourself....the second was because I wanted to get back together. Even thought he first time around it wasn't okay I felt that maybe after all this time and all the growing up we did, it might work better. But for you to suddenly drop this bomb on me was not only insulting...but it hurt. I'm broken inside and I'm not sure if time or another lover could fix it. I don't know what happened to make this change Jared, but this is all I have left to say. You have to make an official choice in life Jared, whether you'll spend in alone...or with someone. I hope you figure yourself out and that ending this relationship was really worth it...I'll be expecting my last pay check in the mail...Goodbye, Jared."

Finished with her words, she turned and unlocked the door, stepping out of his office and making her way over towards the elevators.

Before she could enter the elevator, Jared had dragged her by the wrist into the janitors closet. Locking the door. With every intention of seriousness and icy cold hardness he began to speak. His voice like steel and his tone like wires.

"Do you even know why I broke up with? It wasn't because of commitment issues, hell if it had been that I would have ended our relationship earlier. No, in fact, it was because the lack of substance. Every single time I've done things for you, I couldn't tell if you were happy or anything else. Through and through, I've tried my best to express myself to you. But all I can see from you is one sided blind love. I don't know if you were even that serious. I tried my best to please you but I couldn't feel honesty. I wanted to see you cry, get mad and reveal your identity but your facade was as hard as iron. What the hell was I supposed to do? Our relationship zigzagged and grew in unbalanced feelings, for all I know. You should know Kristin, that I'm a needy man. And when it comes to relationships, I need to see things clearly."

Kristin was startled as she was suddenly yanked into a janitors closet, her face shocked at Jared spoke to her coldly. His words hurt, and yet it only made her more angry with him. How could he be so blind?!

"One sided blind love!? You're an idiot!" She declared a bit loudly as she looked at him angrily. "It's normal to just be simply happy when you're with the person you love?! I mean, why would I cry or get mad at you when all you do it make me happy? I'm sorry that i don't flip my emotions from happy to cry baby with the snap of my fingers, I'm a little more mature then the rest of the girls you have dated in the past!" She snapped at him as her eyes started to get watery.

"I'm not some bimbo, I'm a person! I'm sorry if I don't see a purpose in whining for no reason. The whole time I'm with you I felt happy, even when you were sick just being by your side was enough! You're the one who needs to stop being so insecure about things! You keep wondering if I love you because you don't have faith in yourself about this! Don't put blame on me when you're the one at fault! I was always expressing myself but I guess you can't tell what the difference between real emotion and acting is. You are just...just so stupid!" She yelled as she cried at the same time, her make up running down her cheeks as she tried to clean her tears.

"Here! Are you happy?!...Now I'm crying!" She grumbled from behind her hands.

Jared sighed. He knew her words held truth in it. But thanks to the fact that he had listened to his brother, thing's had broken into bits and pieces of hurt. Deciding to explain once more he spoke softly, quieter.

"I only acted this way because of the advice of my brother. I don't blame him for his suggestion, rather myself for taking them. I just haven't been exactly great at handling relationships with serious love. I know I have a lot to learn. And yeah sure I'm insecure, I doubt. But that's what makes me like any other flawed human. I just didn't know what to do. I felt hopeless. You can call me idiot, stupid as much as you want but I just want to say, I'm sorry."

"Sorry that I acted to foolishly, sorry for hurting you. I'm sorry Kristin and I know you deserve so much better. But I'm selfish and I still want to keep you by my side."

His heart had slowly melted with each tear falling from her face. His heart felt a pang of regret, he couldn't help but wrap his arms around her. Burying his head into her hair and eventually finding his lips to hers. A long sweet passionate kiss. Jared knew. Knew he was wrong because really, his heart still ran for hers. The touch of her skin, the smell of her brown locks.

"I know you hate me a little, and call me stupid but would you perhaps forgive my idiot-icy? Because Kristin, I really do love you. I've just been too dense to realize it."

His shelled exterior broken apart. He hoped for the best and waited for the worst... May god have mercy because Jared couldn't stand letting her go.

She continued to cry, even as he spoke, her hands not working to control the tears rolling down her cheeks. She leaned into him as he wrapped his arms around her, only returning the kiss lightly as she was still hiccuping and sobbing when he pulled back. Sniffing loudly, she looked up at him and nodded her head quickly before leaning back in and wrapping her arms around his neck, her tears starting to stain his suit as she spoke softly.

"Yes...I forgive you. I will always forgive you for being an idiot...but you are my idiot so that makes it okay." She told him before giving a tiny smile.

She continued to hold him for the longerst time, burying her face into his shoulder and nuzzling him to show him just how much she loved him. Every touch and feel was an expression of love and care, every squeeze showing how she would never let him out of her sight ever again. They stood in that janitors closet for a real long time, for exactly how long she was not sure.

And so that was the end of an eventful day. Jared kept a note to himself, reminding that he just tell his brother to f*ck off and get a life.

Tonight was a fun party night. What Jared liked the most of course was clubbing. There was a new club theme each week and it was fun to participate. Despite how childish it seemed. Since it was the day of Halloween, they were all to dress up in something. Jared had found himself wearing a police officers uniform, convenient cuffs in his back pocket that went unnoticed. As he partied with Kristin, like the usual fool he was, he shared too much of a drink with Kristin. While she was comparatively more sober, she was still slightly drunk.

They had ended up at Kristins house. He asked her if he could stay and she had agreed. A bit carefree in attitude. Before Jared realized what he was doing, he had their wrists hand cuffed by the iron board of the bed. Something was going to go wrong ...

Kristin had joined Jared at the Halloween party at his favorite club, dressed in a sexy criminal get up to match his officer uniform. In celebration of them being back together, again, she had let go a little bit and partied with him that night, sharing plenty of high alcohol content drinks. Though she had been certainly more sober than him, she was also still very drunk. Taking a cab home smartly, they soon found themselves fooling around at her place, kissing and giggling before at one point they some how ended up hand cuffed to her bed.

Well...this was going to be interesting.

Nothing but decency remains known.

Hours on, things unspeakable were done. The night grew older and the stars outside were covered by the dark gray fog. The night began to rain and pour, lightning hitting the ground. Sparking and fizzing with a crackling loudness. But Jared and Kristin hadn't noticed. Not at all. As the lightning ceased and thunder continued, the sky fell heavy rain drops onto the ground. Jared himself woke up later in the morning at seven am. His head throbbing and his eyes still half asleep. He had no idea what had happened. Until he shifted his hand he thought, oh crap...

The night had been long and many things had happened in the dark. Though there had been lightening and thunder nothing took them away from each other and they had fallen asleep side by side. When morning came though, Kristin had quite the headache. Growning a bit as she tried to sit up, she was stopped as she felt her hand seem to get stuck. Looking back, she realized she wasn't alone and turned to see Jared next to her, his hand being the other one inside of the hand cuffs.

"Ah..." She said softly as she looked down at him with a bit of surprise.

Remembering the key was hidden on his chained necklace .. he looked down, finding himself shirtless. He was a bit speechless. Feeling guilty, sick and confused about what had happened last night. Pulling the key off of his neck he carefully and quickly unlocked the cuffs, releasing his hand from the red band. He looked at her accusingly. After all, he remembered her statement. He never tried to do anything bad. Because on her ground rules, he wasn't supposed to do anything. So logically the only thing that could have occurred was her desire. His eyebrows upturned and he stared at her before smirking.

"So, care to tell me what happened last night? Because I for one don't remember."

The words in the sentence held partial truth. He didn't remember everything but he remembered some things that he would not speak off. Even if she relentlessly asked, he would refuse.

Once her hand was free, she blushed a bit at his question before looking at her lap.

"I don't remember much either...But You asked to stay here and I said yes...And we did things." She said simply as she covered herself a bit more with the blankets. "You weren't the only one drinking after all. But...It's not like it was a bad thing to wake up to." She added as she glanced at him.

"Unless, of course, I'm a rude awakening to you." She teased a bit as she leaned into his face.

"mhmm I see and no, not at all. I think it's ... a nice surprise." He said with honest truth.

He found himself sighing and staring up at the ceiling. Yeah he didn't want to say anything too soon but his feelings were growing so very quickly. But like Kristin wanted, there would be no rush. A little less trouble in his life might just make their relationship even better. But knowing the things that Jared had done in the past, it would come back and bite him. Karam was a complete a**.

"Hey shouldn't your birthday be coming up sometime? Isn't it in November?"

Status
Not open for further replies.