A Model Relationship

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Alright. I'm an only child, my parents never had more after me. My goal is to have a family, retire, the normal lay out for most people. I'd love to go do a trip all over Europe in one go, one where I'm not working and can actually explore. Finally, I love cooking when I have the time and throwing dinner parties for friends if I can spare the time." She said with a grin.

"Now your turn." She said simply as she looked up at him as she picked up her wine glass again.

She picked at her food as she waited for an answer from him, chewing slowly as she listened. He was just so cute when he wanted to know things, he was like a curious child in that aspect. Sometimes though, she'd wish he'd be a bit more patient.

"Hmmm interesting." He said with a grin, thinking for a few seconds before answering.

"Well I have a brother. My goal in life is to have a family, earn and enjoy life like any normal person and then of course retire. I guess before I die, I would like to live life to the fullest. Do the craziest things, have the best of times and just really just try everything. I know it sounds cliche but ... yeah. I guess what I love to do, that would be running. If I had the time." He said with a smile.

Within seconds he had finished eating, not full but content.

"Seems that we have a lot in common then." Kristin said as she finished her own food and drink, sitting back in her chair as she looked at him. "So, anything you'd like to do now? I'm fine with looking at another museum or some other historical site if you have any in mind." she offered up as an idea while she leaned on the table.

She was going to wait for him to pay for the meal before she made any move to stand up. She didn't want the waiter thinking they were ditching the bill.

"Well..." He started saying as his mind drifted to the number of possibilities. They could do some nature things and he had just the thing in mind.

"I've got it, come on." He said with a crooked grin as he took the credit card back from the waiter who nodded. Leaving a small tip, they were ready to go.

Within a half an hour later, they were climbing up the mountains of Spain. Despite the rocky cliffs, it was great exercise Jared held tightly onto Kristen's hand in case she slipped. Following the trail, he spent time chatting about the best views. Passing by several people who were surprisingly very friendly. At the very top of the mountain, it showed the beauty of the old towns and streets. The water at the ports glittered at sea. The sun was just above the horizon, it's scarlet - voilet rays reflecting the sky with yellow hues. It was breathtaking. Beautiful. It was worth it, nothing over the top but a nice site to see.

Kristin wasn't sure what she was to expect from Jared but she went along with him, walking hand in hand as he lead the way out of the restaurant. She hadn't expected to go on a hike but she was rather prepared. She had some good shoes on that would keep her comfortable as they walked at least. It was a lovely time, talking with people they passed and enjoying the nature around them. When they got to the top, Kristin was breathless, though not from the climbing. The view was beautiful, absolutely wonderful! She had never seen anything like it in her whole life.

"It's amazing." She said as she took a seat on a nearby rock, looking out over the city and waters of the bay.

"I thought you would like it..." He said softly, his own gaze drawn to the scenery.

Holding onto her hand tightly, he didn't want to let go. He let the view sink in as the moment felt perfect. Everything in balance and harmony. Though deep down inside of him, he strangely felt sick in his stomach. Not wanting to ruin the moment, he endure the flinches of pain, keeping his face composed. He would check it out as soon as they returned to the ship. It probably wasn't anything too serious. And so he kept quiet, kept alarm with every few churns of pain. He himself slowly began to feel the heat get to him. A second he was cold and the next he was hot but he refused to give into the pain ... after all, he just wanted Kristin to be happy right there and then. There wasn't a need for her to worry.

The scene was beautiful and she was happy to share it with Jared. Holding his hand, she leaned into him a bit as they sat together in peace. She started to notice him looking pained though as they sat there and she pulled back, her expression concerned as she moved so she was in front of him.

"Jared, are you okay? You don't look too good...Come on, let's get you back to the ship." She said quickly as she tried to tug him back down the path.

She didn't want him to be hurt or sick, that would ruin the moment and only worry her more. On top of that they were pretty far from town, she'd have to either try and carry him into town or run there to get help. If they were in town before anything got worse she could at least ask someone for help more easily and get him somewhere safe much faster than out here in the country side.

"Don't worry about it, I'm fine ..." He said lying through his words. He managed to convince himself he would be ok and that helped him endure.

An hour later he had said goodnight to Kristin as he found the on deck medic. The old woman examined him and asked a few questions. She nodded and wrote some things down. Sighing she finally looked up from her writing pad and said.

"You must have had an allergic reaction from the sea sickness pills with the wine. You'll be alright in a few hours but by the looks of it, you managed to catch a cold from your recent hiking trip. I recommend you stay indoors and rest." As she showed him the way out.

Jared nodded sadly, wishing that ill fate like this wouldn't have befallen him now and then. Ordering room service he ate in solo as he continued on with his typical routine. Shower and then lay around in bed tired. He felt his temperature drop a bit but his head had started hurting. He didn't want to bail on Kristin and honestly he didn't want her to take care of him like the last time he was throwing up. She deserved to get outside and have fun, he didn't mind being alone. Alone like the most of the time. He was used to it.

Kristin knew that he was lying, but she didn't bother him about it. Instead she insisted that they return to the ship and just relax for the night. When they did get back, she kissed him goodnight before parting, hoping that he would get himself checked before anything happened. Hopefully it wasn't anything dangerous, she'd hate to see him in a hospital bed. Deciding that letting him rest for the night would be best, she did her own evening routine and went to sleep, now all cleaned and relaxed.

The night was long though and she found herself worrying about Jared for most of it. Eventually she was tired enough that she just passed out, sleeping until late morning on her own. When she woke she quickly cleaned up and headed for Jared's room, planning on checking on him and seeing if there was anything she could do to make him feel better. After all, if he was sick he needed to be watched over to he could get better faster, and she was more than willing to do that. Knocking on the door lightly, she spoke through it.

"Jared...Are you awake?"

He woke up to the soft rapping of the door, hearing Kristin's voice. Getting up and rubbing his eyes, he yawned, opening the door. In a sense he looked like an adorable over grown child while he drowsily answered her with a good morning. Explaining things he told her he would be ok. She didn't need to worry. He was just mostly tired. Not minding her presence he crawled back into bed as he could feel the hotness of his forhead, ignoring the world as he tried to get his well deserved rest. He softly told her that she shouldn't waste this vacation locked up in a room with him, caring for him while he was sick. He wanted her to have the best time she could and him holding her back wouldn't do any good.

Kristin didn't listen to Jared, knowing very well that she would be making plenty of other trips to Spain in her career as a model. This hardly was the last one. Pushing him back gently into his room, she shook her head a bit before leading him to his bed and making him get back. She was going to take care of him no matter what, even if he refused her she was not going to leave. When he was settled, she walked to his bathroom and looked around to try and find something that would cut his fever. After all the medic had given him plenty of things to try and help him through his cold and she was gonna make him used them.

She was stubborn. But it wasn't a bad thing for someone like Jared. By midday he had gotten much worse with his temperature in the high 90s. It could be said that he was going to get a fever. He basically kicked all the bedsheets from the bed and tried to sleep despite the searing heat. It was so hot, and unbearable for him that he wanted to cover his whole body with ice. For a couple minutes as he opened his eyes, his vision betrayed him and started giving him weird hallucinations. Whatever did he get to deserve this? He felt like utter crap. Enough said.

Kristin did her best to make Jared comfortable, but as his temperature went up, the harder it got. The ship only had some much air conditioning and it was controlled in the boiler room, so she couldn't really make it any colder for him. On top of that, Spain wasn't exactly a cold place, and it was making the ship seem to fight to keep the average temperature it already had. When he kicked off the sheets she had called for some ice to be delivered to the room in a bag, it arriving just in the nick of time. Wrapping a towel around it so Jared couldn't get wet, she approached him and spoke sweetly.

"Jared...I need you to lay down. I have some ice to help you cool down." She said softly as she placed a gentle hand on his head to check his temperature.

Unwillingly he listened. Despite the coldness of the ice, it wasn't enough to cool him down. He closed his eyes, trying to sleep, trying so very badly to sleep. And thankfully god had been listening and five minutes later he had slumbered. His eyelashes had slowly closed, his eyelids bringing darkness into his dreams. His face was calm and his body laid almost limp-like. Everything felt so quiet with the gentle rustling of the breeze and the distant sounds of the ocean waves pulling in and out.

Deep down somewhere in Jared's mind, he felt guilty. Guilty that he had to be taken care of every single time something happened. He wanted to show her that he would be fine alone ... He would always be fine.

Kristin was glad to see Jared sleeping, at least he was resting now. Sitting on the bed next to him she continued to pet his head gently and watch over him as he rested. She would be perfectly happy once he was better, and even now she was still glad to be with him and take care of him. Deciding to lay down next to him on the bed, she wrapped an arm around him gently before closing her own eyes and napping lightly. She'd keep him company until it was all better, that she promised herself.

He awoke at night to find Kristin herself next to him. Even when she was fast asleep she was gorgeous. Thanks to her aid, his fever and temperature had dropped to a stabilized rate but he remembered that it would take a bit more time to heal completely. Laying there he gently locked his own fingers with hers as he ended up bringing them to his lips, a gentle kiss upon those fingers. He knew she wouldn't hear him but he whispered a subtle thank you under his breath. He brushed away her loose strands of hair that had gotten tangled all over her face. Knowing she was still sound asleep he kissed her on the lips anyways, quick and short. Eventually falling right back to sleep with his fingers still laced with hers. Tight.

Kristin slept right through Jared's touches and words, cuddling into him happily as they spent the night sleeping and holding hands. It wasn't long until she woke up though it being very early morning when she did. She had spent plenty of the day sleeping and now she couldn't sleep any more, her body wouldn't let her! Sitting up slowly, she gave a small yawn as she looked down at her hand, seeing Jared holding it as he slept. Smiling a bit, she leaned down and placed a kiss on his forehead before she got up from his bed and walked over to the port window of his room. Looking outside, she watched the sun starting to rise in silence.

Vivid dreams haunted Jared's mind. Swirling black figures and then a switch of scenes to bright color. It was all so confusing but it was like any other dream ... complicated. This one was explainable though. Jared slept and slept until he finally woke up to the calm pounding of his heartbeat. He felt at peace and noticed Kristin had gotten up. He didn't make a singe sound as he himself got up and wrapped his arms around her from behind.

"Morning Love." He said cheerily with a exaggerated English accent.

His chin rested on her shoulder, he could smell the sweet scent of her hair and just wanted to bury his face into it. A new day and he felt better. A lot better thanks to the care of Kristin.

"Thanks for taking care of me by the way" He said softly.

Kristin was surprised when Jared wrapped his arms around her from behind, but she smiled a bit and leaned back into him as she continued to watch the sunrise. He seemed to feel a lot better by the sound of his rather cheesy British accent. Giggling a little, she just stood there and listened for a moment before shaking her head a bit at his thanks.

"Jared, we're in a relationship, it's what you're suppose to do for the one you care for." She said softly before she turned and placed her hand on his forehead. "Your fever is gone...for now. I think you should spend another day resting before you try going exploring again, just to be safe. We can always just lay in the sun and tan a bit together...or play some games. I'm certain we can get a deck of cards around here somewhere." She said as she looked up into his eyes, her gaze caring and gentle.

"I know we are ..." He said, content. At least it was real and genuine rather than fake.

He murmured a soft alright, deciding to go along with what she said. Kristin was usually right and had the most reasonable suggestions so rather than rebel like a child, he would join in and agree. He liked the idea of cards. He was quite the card dealer when it came to Black jack and Egyptian Rat Screw. It would be more entertaining than sleeping all day. He knew he shouldn't rush it and doing nothing for a day would be a waste. He remembered the many different places on deck they could probably go to. After all, there was also a spa. Maybe they could arrange that later. He kept his arms around her for what seemed like forever, he found comfort through her body heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.