A Model Relationship

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Oh? A CEO? That must be a lot of work? How on earth did you two meet then?" Her mother asked curiously with a polite grin.

"We met at a party mother, You know I model. His company is all about fashion and I'm the canvas for it...at least that is my job anyway. But it was a first meeting really at the party, and then I started to pick up work at his company and from there...well, this happened." She said simply as she spoke for the two of them, saving Jared the awkwardness that was trying to answer her mothers proding questions.

"Oh how sweet! Well, I'm glad you came Jared. We'll feed you well and have some good fun too. Hope you like poker! We're a gambling family and the pot gets bigger every year." She joked a bit as she pat his knee before looking back to Kristin. "And you better be on your toes, Betty's here this year with another lug on her arm. Doubt the man can even read."

Jared nodded agreeing with Kristins sentence in hopes of easing the conversation into something smoother.

"Betty?" He whispered to Kristin.

He wondered what kind of plans Kristins mother had in store for them. She seemed quite the optimistic, very happy with her life. Jared merely smiled unsure of speech. At the time he needed most to get to know the woman, he couldn't seem to link and phrase words together at all.

"Long story...I'll tell you later." She said back to him softly.

"So! Is there anything I can get you two? Your father won't be home until late tonight so if you want I cam make something simple for dinner. Oh! Also, Make sure to have a look around the ranch sweetie, a lot has been added since last christmas." Her mother said with a smile before she stood up and walked over to the kitchen sink with her dishes.

Kristin just nodded her head a bit before taking a lemon bar and eating it happily, her eyes looking to Jared before she gave him a small smile.

"Alright" Jared said but he was a little bit more curious.

"Nothing for me Mrs.Martin" Jared said still addressing her formally. He wanted to make the best impression he could on her and well, that meant being the perfect gentleman that he could be. Handing the tray over to her he watched the two discuss about something he had no idea about.

As they were allowed to retreat into their rooms, Jared still waited expectantly for the story. He was clueless of what was going to happen next and so he just went with the flow of things.

"Your mother... does she find me alright?" Jared said, not out of worry or fear. But simply out of curiosity yet again.

"Actually...I think she really likes you. She's never been this forward and peaceful around a lot of men my sister has brought home. I mean, she's usually asking a lot more questions so...I guess she must like your vibe...or something." Kristin said as they retreated to their rooms. "Anyway...sorry we're in different rooms...it's more because we have a of people coming over that we do this...It keeps the dirty jokes to a minimum...and we have little children who don't need to hear them." She explained as she paused in front of a door.

"Your's is right next to mine though so make sure to come say goodnight." She joked a bit. "Anyway, put your stuff away and come over here...I'll tell you the story."

"Good to here." Jared said with a content smile and was bemused by her explanation about separate rooms. He didn't mind at all, but he knew he would sneak off into her room sometime during the middle of the night. It shouldn't really matter since their relationship had grown into something more serious. Listening carefully to what she said, he replied with an ok.

Dragging in the heavy luggage into his room, he left it on the floor and still zipped. Deciding to unpack later he went into her room where she had just laid down the last of her things.

"So, the story?" He said, his eyebrow upturned.

"Betty is a cousin of mine. We're the same age but she did everything first, got the boyfriend first, brought a man home to Christmas first...all that stuff. She's constantly trying to push me down, even though we're adult now. Anyway, Mom always warns me when Betty has something new, I'm bound to hear from her sooner or later about it." Kristin explained as she looked at her boyfriend.

"Anyway, if anything, she'll start comparing you to her current catch and try to make you look like a bad choice...It's how she is. In the end, she's just trying to seem like the best, because unlike her...I succeeded in modeling when she did not." She finished with a simple grin. "Of course, we won't deal with her until the party though, so for now we'll have some peace.

Jared laughed, her cousin seemed quite childish. Rather than trying to outshine Kristin with actual hard work, the girl took it the easy way and used words instead.

"Well, I guess I'll try to be the best of what I can be and make you proud." Jared said sweetly, leaning in for a soft long kiss.

"Anyways besides modeling there are other options if you want to take a break like runway coach and model scouting agent. If you ever need a break from all the constant lights and flashes, you can always ask for a break." Jared said warmly. Giving her a quick peck on the lips he retreated back into his own room and had unpacked everything he needed. Looking at the time, it was already seven. Deciding to take a quick shower, Jared rinsed and dried. Even without a suit, he was dressed in some casual attire that still gave him an air of elegance. As he peeked into Kristins room he heard the sound of water. Deciding to go down the stairs to help out her mother with setting up dinner, Jared left her room.

He saw a simple meal that Kristin's mother had prepared and he helpfully set up the table with the plating and setting out the food. He wondered when he would get the chance to meet Kristins father. And maybe the rest of her family too.

"You already are the best, Jared." Kristin said before returning his sweet kiss. "And I don't need a break, I'm happy with where I am right now. Though, If I do ask for a break, I'd want you to join me on it~"

Laughing a bit as she took his second kiss, she let him leave her be to get herself cleaned up for the evening. Hopping into the shower, she washed her hair and scrubbed herself clean before getting out and drying herself off. She could smell dinner cooking and it was delicious! Her mother was one heck of a cook. Doing her makeup a bit, she dressed into a button down shirt and high waist jeans, much like her mother, though her's were a bit more stylish and fitting.

With cowboy boots to match, she headed down the stares and entered the kitchen to find Jared helping her mother...or really just being chatted at.

"You are such a tiny thing! You need to put on some weight. When you came in I thought she brought in an old bean pole from the garden." Her mother joked as she put a beef roast on the table.

"I thought we were having a simple dinner." Kristin said as she walked over to the table and stood next to her boyfriend.

"Of course! But when you two were up stairs your father gave me a call and said he'd be home a bit sooner, We're gonna start without him though so take a seat and start to fill your plate. Jared, do you like a piece of rib in your slice?" Her mother offered as she stabbed the large roast with a fork, the bones sticking out noticeably.

Jared was a perfect gentleman, laughing at jokes and nodding when he agreed with something. He hate his food slowly and chatted with Kristins mother. Getting to know her, he felt more at ease. He was really starting to warm up to her. He looked out the window every few seconds wondering when Mr. Martin would appear. From what Kristin said earlier, he sounded like an overprotective man.

As he finished another dish of food, Kristins mother urged him to eat more. He wasn't that skinny, thinking about the remark earlier. After all, he had muscle and was toned enough. At least in his opinion. Enjoying their company he felt like he belonged among them all.

Dinner continued in peace, Kristin smiling as she ate slowly. Her mother was all chatty as she was just silent, letting her dominate the conversation as dinner passed. Right around the time that their plates were empty and it was mostly talking that filled the room, the sound of a car pulling up could be heard from outside before the door open and closed loudly.

"Maryanne?" Came a deep male voice.

"In the kitchen! Kristin and her boyfriend are here."

The sound of heavy thudding could be heard and a giant of a man walked into the kitchen, wearing a pair of dusty boots, a classic cowboy hat and a long sleeved button down shirt that was red, but also covered in dirt. Seeing Kristin, the man gave a rugged smile before taking off his hat and walking over to his daughter.

"Hey baby girl...Haven't heard a word from you in awhile! Glad you at least remembered us simple people." Her father teased as Kristin laughed.

"Nice to see you too dad...Dad, this is Jared." She said as she motioned to her boyfriend.

Jared introduced himself and shook his head. Feeling a little bit more tense and nervous. Attempting to chat up a conversation, Jared tried his best to be charming and impressive. After all, the last thing he wanted the man to think was that he was unworthy for his precious daughter Kristin. He tried to follow Kristins lead as he listened in their conversation. Looking at her parents, he felt envious that his own parents weren't blissfully content. Instead they were occupied with money and business plans. Sure Jared's parents loved each other but it wasn't as raw or solidified. They were more private about their romantic gestures. On the other hand, they felt more open about their opinions and feelings.

Drinking some more water he spoke when asked questions. Though he was glad at least they didn't push the talk about marriage like his own parents did. Marriage, .... a word that was nothing more than a contract. A way of proof.

The conversation was light as Kristin's father ate, eating at least twice the amount Jared had put away. It was a wonder why Kristin's mother had pushed him to eat more, she was feeding this type of man! Her father only shook, Jared's hand before taking a seat, his eyes looking to him on occasion as light questions were passed around, like his job or what he liked to do. When all the eating was done, Kristin's father sat back in his chair and took a long drink from a beer his wife brought him.

"So, I bought three bulls today, Maryanne. Good one's. Should help bring back up some of our numbers." Her father said simply, slipping fron the current conversation.

"Three?! Where will you keep them?" She asked.

"We've got those pens in the back for them, and once we get them all mixed with the girls they'll all play nice." He replied before looking to his Daughter. "We had to sell a few of out boys this spring, some other farms needed the extra steer and it wasn't a good idea to bring the men over and then take them back...They just get rowdy. So, we're hoping to buff up the numbers again."

"I'm sure it's gonna work out great, Dad. Though, I'm wondering what you've got planned for the holiday."

Her father smiled a bit before shaking his head.

"It's a surprise."

"Just like every year!" Her mother said with a laugh as she came back to the table.

Jared was a bit lost and clueless by some of their chatter but he still respectively listened. As dinner came to a close, Jared helped clear out the dishes. Finishing up that he ended up being questioned by Mr.Martin. Like how they met, what they did and all that. Jared wasn't intimidated, rather he was quite forward in his answers. Straight to the point and blunt. He didn't feel like there would be a need to glamorize everything. He just hoped that Kristins father didn't think of him as a useless pretty boy. Sure Jared didn't do much, but he had some sort of worth.

Sitting in the parlor by the warmth of the real fireplace, Jared listened in on more of their conversation. Apparently in this little town, everyone knew everyone. And once news was spread, it went around like wildfire. Apparently his visit with Kristin had brought a lot of attention from the other folks. Jared knew that they would find some time around to meet people and hang out. Hopefully.

The conversation moved to the parlor and tea and coffee was offered around, Kristin took some hot chocolate instead. Light chatter happened between her and her parents mostly, Jared hopping in whenever he felt that he could or when her parents directed a question at him. Otherwise, it was just about the town, how her mother had gotten to talking about her coming to visit with her boyfriend. The news was already around the whole town by now. Her father just drank another beer, only lightly chatting with Jared about thing, like sports or maybe his job. Other than that, the large man stayed silent until setting down his drink.

"Alright, I'm heading to bed, and so should the rest of you. Tomorrow, Maryanne's shopping for the party and could use some help...and a trip like that alone can take a whole day. Also, Marge, Brent and the boys are stopping for dinner as well, so you'll need plenty of energy for them. Alright...This old Rancher is off."

"Night dear."

"Night, Dad."

As her dad left the room and the clock ticked 11, Jared was surprised how late it had been. Saying his good nights, he went up into his room. As he brushed his teeth and climbed into the warm sheets. He laid there wide awake. The moonlight that poured in from the window kept him awake, refusing to let him fall into sleep. Thinking about random things that came into mind, he ended up listening to music that was saved on his iphone. Thankfully the classical tunes helped him get some rest. Within fifteen minutes, he had fallen asleep with his ear plugs still plugged in.

The night was silent besides the occasional hoots of a faraway owl. Silent and peaceful.

Kristin headed to bed along with Jared, giving him a good night kiss on the cheek before they parted into separate rooms for the night. She fell asleep almost instantly with her stomach full of dinner and a content smile on her face. It had been a rather nice first meeting for them, at least she thought it had been. Her father had been a bit nosy but seemed accepting of Jared, if not skeptical of his abilities to take care of her...But that was just him being her dad. Her mother was enthralled with him though, for one reason or another. Sleeping, she rested the whole night away, dreaming sweet dreams.

The next morning, Jared found himself awake at six in the morning. The sun was just rising and the scenery was breathtaking. Getting dressed, he found Mrs. Martin already cooking breakfast who greeted him with a cheery "good morning". He attempted to help again, setting out the plates. She laughed claiming that Kristin was a sleeper who enjoyed her sleep.

Apparently Mr. Martin had already set on the road, buying some things for work like newspaper and bread. Jared sat down at the table while Mrs. Martin urged him to eat first. Deciding to listen, he slowly ate the fruits and toasted bread with the sweet jam, there was tea and coffee set and everything was so nicely made. It was much better than the starbucks and tiny sandwiches in the city.

As you ate, Kristin had gotten up and descended into the room.

"So what's today's agenda?" He asked curiously.

After sleeping in a bit, Kristin got dressed and headed down the stairs, all clean and happy and ready for the day. Smiling at Jared, she stood next to him as she helped herself to the tea and some fruit, not taking a seat as she looked down at her boyfriend.

"We're helping Mom today...She's got a lot of shopping to do and we're gonna be her mules." Kristin said just as her mother brought over a plate of pancakes.

"Hey now, It's not like you won't have fun, and it's for the party so I do need the extra arms. We've got nearly 50 coming over, and that doesn't include the neighbors who might stop by! Now eat up, we'll be shopping through lunch!" She said as she put a few pancakes on a plate for Kristin and then a few on Jared's plate without his permission before heading off to go bring out more food, the smell of cooking bacon floating about.

Kristin just giggled and took a seat, covering her pancakes in maple syrup and butter before speaking softly to her boyfriend.

"I swear...that woman is going to turn me into a plus size model at this rate." She joked as she took a bite of the delicious breakfast before her.

"Shopping... fun" Jared said with a pained smile.

Yeah even though he was the CEO of the fashion industry. He never bothered with shopping weather it was grocery shopping, clothing shopping or just random list shopping. Within ten minutes, he followed after Kristin. They drove to town as a couple of people waved, some staring at Jared. Kristin seemed comfortable by all the attention but for Jared, it felt unfamiliar. Despite the irony that he spent almost all of his time in the limelight with publicity.

Carrying all the things she bought, he had no idea what they were buying. Though for sure, majority of the things he carried was food supplies.

Status
Not open for further replies.