A Model Relationship

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Good, now you go showering up, I have to go get cleaned up myself. I didn't get to shower last night cause I was watching over you so I'm a bit stinky. I'll meet you back here through and bring you something to eat, then we can head up on deck and relax together, and I'll make sure to find some cards." She said softly before leaning in and kissing his cheek.

Pulling back, she said a small goodbye before she headed over to her own room on the ship. She had to make sure that she wouldn't stink when she was with him. As much as she enjoyed his company, she liked being in his company when she was cleaned up even more...It was a girl thing. Anyway, she quickly got into her room and started to shower, slipping into a bikini and then pulling a sun dress on over that. She wasn't sure what they would do but she figured that it would better if she didn't have to run off and change every few minutes as Jared changed his mind...He was fickle in that sense.

Dutifully listening and nodding his head, he found himself in the shower. The water was heated and it helped him feel refreshed. Drying himself down he wore a pair of swimming trunks and a casual tee shirt. He let his wet hair drip a little until the water finally seemed to stop. Brushing his teeth and helpfully pulling the bed sheets back onto the bed, he was ready to leave. Closing the door he was just about turn the corner to look for Kristin his secretary popped up from no where. she rambled on and on about their work schedule, Jared comprehending none of the words. Slowing down in pace she finally stopped hyperventilating. Trying to calm her down he tried to persuade and convince her into thinking everything would be ok so long as she let go. He was still surprised to see her wearing her black rimmed glasses and perfect length pencil skirt. Her lips were painted bright red as usual and not a single strand of hair was misplaced. She ended up running off within five minutes of chatting with Jared. He sighed, she was a good secretary. He felt bad for being a mediocre boss.

Within seconds as he walked down the hallway he found himself face to face with Kristin. And so he was ready to follow whatever she wanted to do.

After cleaning up, Kristin ran into Jared in the hallway and smiled at him a bit. So much for him listening to her and staying in his room until she got back. That was so much like him though to not listen to what she said. Moving over to him she took his hand and lead him up onto the deck. She had found a deck of cards thanks to a crew member and now she was moving them over to a shaded table and making him sit. They were poolside now, watching some of the other models swimming as the two of them were serviced by the pool staff. Ordering a tall drink and something to eat, she passed the card on to Jared for him to shuffle as he liked.

"Pick a game." She said with a grin.

"Egyptian Rat Screw" He said with a grin.

The game was fun since it required fast reflexes though eventually one's hand would become red from all the slapping of cards. They played a numerous amount or rounds until both their hands had become sore. Around the peak of the afternoon, the temperature heated up and indeed, Jared wanted to go into the pool. And so like he desired, that's what ended up happening. He wasn't too much of a pro athlete when it came to something like swimming but he was fairly decent. The cool water brought him to a comfortable temperature, balancing out the scorching heat of the sun.

After plenty of rounds of cards, to the point where her hand was raw, Kristin joined Jared in the pool. It was rather hot that day and a swim was just what they needed to keep cool. However, Kristin wasn't really swimming, she was more floating along in a inflatable chair, her legs dangling into the water as she sipped lightly on some lemonade. This ship really had it all, even if it wasn't a cruise ship. She just watched Jared swim about as she relaxed, her sunglasses hiding most of her face as she relaxed more.

Swimming a couple of free stroked laps at a constant speed, Jared felt relaxed and content. Deciding to stay with Kristin as company, he sat besides her, letting the sun radiate down. This cruise, vacation was like utopia, he didn't want to leave. He knew by the end of this trip, everything would go back into that hectic chaotic world with responsibilities and piles of work. Another reminder popped up into his head. The echoing thoughts of what his brother had said when he came along with his parents. He knew his brother was up to something... but just what? Ever since they were children, Jared's brother always felt the need to boss people around. Thinking that others should follow him, take his lead. In all honesty though, Jared didn't care about anything his brother spewed. Now the fact that he seemed like he was in a stable relationship, his brother was going to meddle into his business. He wondered how his sister in law dealt with such an arrogant man yet again, his brother's wife was a dominant type of woman who said what she believed in and didn't care what others told her to do. Their personalities really balanced each other out. Jared felt just a bit envious. Jealous that they had -- at least what seemed like -- a perfect relationship with a push and pull. They seemed so dedicated to each other ...

"So, what would you like to do later?" He asked softly, slightly distracted in thought.

Kristin was happy to share her chair with Jared and just enjoy the sun with him. They didn't need to talk to enjoy each other's company, they could be silent and still have a wonderful time together. Though when he did finally speak, she noticed that he seemed to be distracted by something. Maybe he was thinking about work...It was a large possibility since he was the owner and C.E.O of the company. She smiled at him sweetly though and grabbed onto his hand, giving it a small squeeze and she spoke.

"I'd love to go out to dinner. Somewhere nice maybe? I mean, I don't know any places on land but I'm sure that there is something in the city that is rather decent. Of course, this is only if you want to go. I won't make you get off the boat if you are still feeling sick." She said as she turned to look at him.

"Alright ... oh I think I know ..." He said with a grin.

After staying outdoors for five hours straight, they were ready to head indoors. Showering the chlorine off his body and hair, Jared sighed tiredly. He didn't know what his feelings were telling him. He just felt so ... disconnected. Stressed maybe? He was just starting to worry about things due to the short amount of time the ship had left. Then they would get home. Just as he finished getting dressed, his secretary stopped him in the middle of the hallway. She had a hesitant smile on her face, looking afraid to mention it. Finally when she spoke, she revealed news from his brother. Jared growled and had the urge to punch a wall. He was right. His brother was meddling and seemed like he was interested in meeting with him after the vacation, this time with father and his wife. Mother apparently would be on a trip to Asia. He felt his nerves tense up.

At dinner he remained quiet. However deciding that it was best to tell her he spoke up. Wondering what she had to say.

Kristin had cleaned up rather nicely after swimming most of the afternoon with Jared. Wearing a rather formal dress, she was wondering why Jared was being so quiet...that was until he mentioned his brother. Frowning a bit, she didn't like the sound of this at all. His brother seemed to be quite the meddler, so if he was asking to see Jared, and with their father? She just didn't like the sound of it.

"Smells fishy...I don't mean to be judgmental...but your brother hardly made a good impression on me when we met, and I was pretending to date you then. I think something might be up. If you want me to come along with you I can. It might keep your brother in line a bit if I'm around...then again he hardly was polite when he first met me so I'm not sure." She spoke as she looked at Jared.

"I'm hear for you though, Jared. No matter what."

"Thank you" he said trying to believe what she was saying. But in truth, his brother was crazy. That man could do anything.

"I just want you to be careful when you're around him ... He tends to do things exactly the way he wants. Though I think his wife will keep him on his toes." He said with a genuine smile.

Taking her hand he gently lifted it to his lips kissing it softly, a romantic gesture like something in a fairy tale. As dinner soon ended, they took a walk around the now quiet deck. The stars glowed in the night, the sky dark navy blue. He held her hand, glad that he sacrificed his past habits into something better. He looked up, wondering what would come next. A life of unpredictable events which happened at a gradual rate.

"Don't worry...I'll be careful." She said with a small smile as she watched him kiss her hand kindly.

After dinner was done, she walked around with Jared on deck hand in hand. Enjoying the silence, she looked up at the stars in the sky and leaned her head a bit on his shoulder gently. She could't help but wonder what would happen as soon as they got back to their home, going back to working everyday and hopping from one job to the next within a matter of hours. She had a feeling it would strain their relationship a bit...but she would would towards keeping it together.

"Jared...Do you think we'll have time to do things like this back home?" She asked him softly.

"I don't know ..." He said with a soft sigh, questioning the possibilities.

Tonight was a sad night, for it was the last night they stayed in port until the ship started moving out back home. Everything felt serene and quiet. Fitting in with the melody of silence, he glanced up at the stars, wishing, praying for the best. The sweetness that life had given him was about to turn sour and bitter again. But there was no helping it, responsibility and his job were two of the most important things he needed to take care off once returning.

Kissing Kristin goodnight he retreated back into his room. Conflicted. Worried.

For the next few days, everything went by just as quickly. Jared held a composed smile, thoughts getting to him as they sailed closer and closer to home. Finally on a early morning on Sunday, the ship finally docked. He grimaced as he noticed both his brother, father and sister in law waving to them. Here we go he thought.

Kristin was sad that this would be the last night that they would have with peace, the ship leaving dock that morning. With a soft goodnight to Jared, she went into her room to rest and spend the rest of the trip trying to keep herself busy and her mind off of the future. When they did dock on that Sunday morning, she was standing on the deck along with Jared, her luggage all packed and her outfit crisp and clean in hopes of having lunch somewhere nice with Jared before they saw his family.

They had other plans though.

"Already? Whatever it is that they want they are determined..." Kristin said as she looked to her boyfriend.

"I have a bad feeling ... a really bad feeling..." Jared murmured hoping that at least he could persuade his sister in law to talk some sense into his brother if he got out of control.

Dragging the luggage down, he walked with Kristin. Showing their passports to the security they nodded, allowing them to leave. Jared sighed, preparing himself mentally from whatever would happen next. He went back to wearing his professional attire which consisted of suits and crisp blouses. With a sigh, he went down to the docks as he was greeted by everyone. He detected the smirk on his brother's face. His sister in law on the other was seemingly cheery. She greeted Kristin enthusiastically. His father declared that they had lunch together with a genuine smile.

Walking down with her luggage and showing her passport to the security, she was allowed to make her way with Jared off the ship and onto the made dock area. She was glad to be home, but she would miss the relaxed peace that came with it. There would be time for other trips though, she was certain of that. Kristin was glad to see that the wife of Jared's brother seemed nice, certainly better than the man himself. At the mention of eating lunch with the family she looked to Jared, planning on letting him answer on that.

"Sure... but tomorrow would probably be a better idea." Jared said shrugging.

Thankfully his sister in law nodded, saying that the two needed rest. Jared's brother, Lyons nodded reluctantly. Their father on the hand was carefree about the choice. Though he regretfully stated that he wouldn't be present the next day. With this short reunion, Jared quickly walked off with Kristin. As he dropped off Kristin at her apartment, he kissed her good bye. Jared himself planned to unpack and spend the rest of the day sleeping or watching tv. He needed some 'guy' time and isolation. Lazy bum? yea... could be.

Glad that Jared had moved it to tomorrow, Kristin just smiled along with everyone so that things would not seem strange. Leaving with Jared after that, she was glad that he took her home, parting on a short goodbye before she headed up to her apartment. Tired and wanting to sleep, she changed out of her clothes and into some pajamas, before taking a pillow and a comforter to her large couch and turning on the TV to her recorded shows that she liked. She had every intent to pass out in front of them...but she kept a phone near her just in case someone tried to call her.

The next day, Jared picked up Kristin and found the location to the restaurant There already seated was Lyons and his wife. They were chattering about something but silenced themselves at the presence of Jared and Kristin. Jared sat down, while the girls talked to each other, he talked to his brother. Their conversation was quieter and on a more serious note.

"Are you happy?" Lyons asked, his tone edged with doubt.

"Yeah... I think so, I mean I feel like I do..." Jared said in reply.

"Well you don't seem like it. Have you ever argued with her, had some kind of problem?" Lyons asked, "after all, relationships build up slowly with issues..."

"Yes like your own issues. But no, besides the fact that I've gotten sick and drunk. She took care of me, that's all" Jared said stiffly.

"She's one of those ..." Lyons murmured, leaving Jared puzzled. "Be careful little brother because you might not be right about the way she feels...remember that."

Jared stayed silent, the words his brother spoke ringed in his ears. What if they were true. He did have relationships in the past, they consisted of occasional arguments and such but nothing like calm peaceful bliss. He tried to shake off the words but they clung onto him even tighter. Repeating.

Arriving at lunch the next day, Kristin was a bit worried about what would happen. Jared and his brother had a strange relationship, and she personally did not like the man. There was just...such a strange feeling about him, like he enjoyed causing trouble to others in his life. Thankfully, she did not have to speak with him directly has his wife was with him, allowing her to have a much more relaxed conversation with her. She would look over to Jared though and she noticed a bit of a change in his expression. It wasn't a major one but she saw it.

Had Lyons said something to him? Jared was already the type to question his choices and he didn't need his brother making it worse. Hopefully it wasn't anything that would upset him too much. She'd talk to him later about it after this lunch was over.

And so for the next thirty minutes, Jared sat there and listened to the words of his brother. No matter how hard he tried to pry off those thought provoking words, it stayed in planted. He thought about it again and again. Was his brother right for once? From all the classics he had read in class as cliche as Romeo and Juliet, there was always conflict. It made people grow. But with his relationship with Kristin, it didn't feel like that. It just felt perfect. A little too perfect? Even now he didn't know that much about her. The weight of everything just sank into his body. He was no longer smiling or laughing, his face painted with a serious stare. As they finished lunch he waved to his brother. Remembering every bit of their conversation.

What should he do ... Jared was caving into the temptation of just trying, maybe for a little while... taking a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.