A Model Relationship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting ready herself, Kristin grabbed her purse and jacket before heading out the door with Jared. The drive was a long one but she had plenty to keep in mind. Jared's mother would be trying to get into everything with the wedding, knowing very well how the woman liked things to exactly be her way. Kristin was going to have to be stern when it came to things they didn't agree on, it was her wedding, not Jared's mother's wedding. Looking at the house as they pulled up the driveway, she smiled a bit, taking a deep breath before getting out.

Kristin smiled at Jared's mother the moment she spoke. It seemed word traveled fast then. It was no surprise at all honestly, she was a very powerful woman in a very powerful family. If she wanted to know something she would. She returned the hug and kiss before reaching out to take Jared's hand and hold it lightly, intertwining their fingers as she spoke.

"There is a lot to plan, but we were thinking of looking into houses first before wedding planning...That way we have somewhere to move into after the honey moon. Other than that though, it's going to be pretty busy for while."

"A house ... that' is a lovely idea." The woman declared, within a snap of her fingers, secretaries ran up to her with a phone, a sheet and a portfolio of houses. It was amazing how they knew what the woman wanted and how efficiently they delivered it to her.

With her long painted nails, the old woman punched a number onto the phone. She turned around muttering a few words. As she hung up, a smile brightened up her face.

"I'll leave the house shopping for Jared, yes dear, you can handle that?" She said forcefully, there was clearly no choice.

"Yes mother, I'll get onto that. ..." Jared said obediently but with an edge of reluctance.

"Don't give me that sour look. I'll be spending the day with Kristin. Fashion, decoration, venue." Her eyes widened like a child.

"Alright ..." Jared said hesitantly as he didn't want to leave Kristin alone. He kissed her on the cheek while whispering to her that she could just call him if anything happened. The secretaries handed him the folder and portfolio and Jared left for the car.

"Now, dear, the wedding details." She said turning to Kristin, "Dress, venue and food? I've organized a few taste testings, dress appointments and locations to view." It was evident, Kristin had no choice but to go along with it.

Kristin was a bit shocked to see the secretaries suddenly bring out everything that they would need for house hunting. Then again, considering who Jared's mother was, it probably shouldn't have been all that surprising. Watching as the woman was on the phone for a period of a few second, Kristin glanced to Jared out of hte corner of her eye before returning the older woman's smile. As much as Kristin didn't want to have Jared house hunt on his own, it seemed there was little choice for them as his mother all but kicked him out the door.

Accepting the kiss on the cheek, Kristin smiled at him sweetly before letting his mother look to her and tell her exactly what she would get to spend her day doing. So much for relaxing like she had originally planned to do. "Well, I suppose I'll just let you lead since you have the plans. I don't really have much in mind so...I suppose this could help me pick out a guide to follow." She said with a small shrug of her shoulders.

"Though, I'd like to save the fashion for when my own mother can join us. It's family tradition to have mother and daughter go for the dress together and I'd like to do that with her." She added quickly, not wanting to be pressured into dress shopping on the first day.

"That's fine dear." The woman said casually, though her eyes were still skittering around as many of the servants followed after her with more and more piles of papers, magazines and phone numbers.

"As for now, I'd say a very entertaining part of a wedding would be the theme? Yes? What do you have in mind? Beach? Nature? Traditional cathedrals?" The woman said as her eyes sparkled with excitement.

"You know, I never got to plan a wedding for anyone, not even myself. Ah arranged marriages, and then Lyons decided to elope with his girl and they never did bother having any ceremony. I do hope this thing turns out to be marvelously perfect." She sighed with contentment.

"Do you have any ideas ?" She asked, while sipping her cup of tea.

Kristin did her best to keep up with Jared's mother, the woman seemed to be taking this as her chance to have her dream wedding. Well, Kristin wasn't about to let that happen! Finally catching a chance to speak as the older woman looked to her, she gave the smallest of grins to her before politely speaking as she took a cup of tea for herself.

"Well, I was thinking of having the wedding in Texas, near the ranch where I grew up. It's lovely down there and since my family isn't as wealthy as your own I'd be able to have more of them come to it than if I had a wedding up here or even a destination wedding." She added as she over her drink. "Other than that I haven't had much else in mind for the big day."

"Texas wedding..." The woman said, rolling each syllable out on her tongue as if she was trying some foreign flavor. The woman wasn't fond of the idea considering the fact she herself adored extravagance and originality but she kept her mind open. Last thing she wanted was to get the bride unhappy and her son yelling at her for being a control freak as usual.

"Then we must book a flight off for Texas. It's about time I met your mother and father and discuss these wedding plans" She said loudly.

---

Meanwhile, Jared himself had addressed things to his brother and father. His father quite pleased, slapping him on the back while his brother merely nodded, his face frozen like stone. He never seemed to respect the choices Jared made but he didn't give a damn. His brother had his own issues to deal with. He wanted to make Kristin happy and well start something fresh and new.

Kristin was slightly shocked to hear the woman talking of making a flight plan to her home to meet her parents. As much as she thought it a kind gesture she knew that the moment her mother and Jared's mother got together, neither of them would have a single say in their own wedding. Kristin would not let these women have the upper hand.

"Well, we don't need to be going there yet. There is still a lot to do on this end. Me and Jared need to find a place, make invitations and actually figure out what the both of us want to do with the ceremony." Kristin said quickly as she walked towards the older woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.