A Little Free-Roaming

Alia blinked at Almirah's question. She dropped to a whisper. "Oh...Yes," she nodded. "You wouldn't happen to be...?" she let the sentence drop off, letting Almirah finish it.

Almirah nodded in response to the unspoken words. "I am," she said quietly. She leaned away, but her voice remained quiet. "Can you feel it too? I can sense that you're different from other people," Almirah said. "Sorry for asking in a public place. Our kind aren't exactly liked in this town. I had to know though."

She laughed a little. "You're the first one I've met."

Alia didn't really notice it at first. She just wanted to know if she was all right at first. But now that she could concentrate on her own feelings, she noticed that weird sensation in her spirit that said that Almirah was a special one, just like Alia. "Yeah..I can feel it, now." she nodded. She then waved her hand at Almirah's apology. "It is quite all right..." upon her next statement, she nodded agreeing. "Mhm.....Oh? I am?" She didn't know that she would be the first mage in town for Almirah to know.

"Hm, I see." Alia spoke. Come to think of it, that was the same way for her. She hasn't met any other mages outside her own disclosed village. She began to get an idea. "Here, let's go somewhere less crowded. You don't know what kind of people would be listening at a square on a market day."

Almirah nodded in agreement. "Yeah, you're right. And, yes, there haven't been any others here before," she replied. Almirah looked around, thinking about some place that could have less people.

She snapped her fingers as she got and idea. "Oh! There are some gardens in the northern side of town. They're usually pretty empty. We can talk there," she said.

"Perfect!" Alia nodded. "Shall we go then?--Oh!" Before she had stepped to go in the path of where the gardens were, she turned back to Almirah.

"What is your name?" the mage asked, blinking curiously at Almirah.

"My name is Almirah," she replied, smiling a little. She stepped onto the path, waiting to lead the other girl to the gardens. "And your name?" Almirah laughed a little. "Sorry for the informalities, maybe I should've introduced myself first," she said jokingly.

"Nice to meet you, Almirah!" She followed her down the path. "It is quite all right.~" she said with a smile. "I should be the one apologizing, I should have asked your name from the get-go," after her apology, she went on and told her name. "My name is Alia!"

She smiled, "That's a nice name."

They walked for a few minutes before they came to a large, open gate. Stepping in, Almirah looked around. As expected, the gardens were almost completely empty. There were a few men and women, chatting quietly, but they were no problem. Almirah led Alia to one of the more hidden areas of the garden. There was a stone bench on the middle, with roses surrounding a small stone path, and a few hedges cut into the shapes of horses and other things.

Almirah sat at the bench, motioning for Alia to sit as well. "We probably won't be bothered here," Almirah said. She thought back to the people in the town square, recalling someone who had glanced at her suspiciously. It may have been paranoia, but the person looked like someone who was in the market when she stole the jewelry. Perhaps word had spread? "Alia, if anyone asks, will you say I have been with you all day?" she asked, looking at the other mage.

"Thank you, yours is pretty too!" Alia smiled back.

Alia had not been to these gardens before. She looked around, gazing at the area. It was quite a pretty sight to her. She continued to follow Almirah to the secluded spot.

"Oh? All right," She then followed Almirah to the bench and sat down next to her. "Heh, that's good." There was a little bit of silence before Almirah chimed in again. However, Alia was confused upon her new acquaintance's request. "Oh?...um...All right?" she nodded, agreeing that she would. "Why? What's the matter? Or was it one of those things that were too personal to tell?" she asked, referring back to when and how she first met Almirah.

"Kind of..." Almirah admitted. "I'll tell you about it later though. Right now, it's not a big problem. Thank you for agreeing to say it though. It's just a little precaution."

Almirah turned to her and smiled. "Anyway, there are more important things to discuss here. Where are you from?" Almirah asked.

"Oh, I see," she nodded. "All right then, no need to rush! And you're welcome." Alia smiled and nodded again.

"Hmm..where I'm from? I was born and raised in this town...My village knows how to be very secretive...I for one haven't really mastered it yet," she joked, chuckling lightly. "But what about you? Where are you from?"

Esmeralda was watching carefully for little fairy creature that was obviously drunk, first time in her life. Then she concentrated her look on the man again. "Oh, Mr. Atticus. I am just an honest woman, traveling around the world, gathering the pearls of wisdom and knowledge, wherever possible" She said and laughed at her half-baked joke. She didn't look like traveling merchant or bard, and her arquebus, hanging on the wall, didn't look like musical instrument for sure... As well as her falcon and dagger were not books of "wisdom and knowledge".

"But before we discuss my occupation... I honestly think you missed some part of your history... accidentally, of course" Said Esmeralda smiling. "I by no means try to say you are a thief Mr. Atticus, just wanted to mention that not long before your unexpected, though welcomed visit to my humble room, I have heard that someone stole... you don't believe Mr. Atticus... THE FAIRY, from the market square. Can you believe it? And then you appear with... little fairy on your shoulder, under my window. Now again... I by no means want to say it's you sir... but if by any chance... "added she smiling... "You... know something about those people... stealing around here... maybe you would be kind enough to share some information with lone wonderer like me? Like for example... where are they hiding?"

With these words, Esmeralda throw little purse on the table. Judging by the heavy sound it made falling on the wooden surface, there ought to be good amount of coins in them.

"Pursuing wisdom and knowledge (especially knowledge) can be costly work to do... But I don't mind. As long as information is good" She said at last, looking to the man straight in his eyes.

Atticus layed out a pice of clean cloth on the table for Eolande to lay on if she feels dizzy enough to lay down. "Perals of knowlage huh?" Atticus Holwerd with joy to Esmeralds joke. When she threw purse full of coins atticus knew she ment buisness. Atticus quickly put a serious face on and moved in a bit closer. "your right, i did leave part of my past unmentioned, lest just say i was once a royal spy and began to learn every single skill ever known to human and half humans. Yes, i stole this fairy, And yes you may call me a theif becuase that is also a part of my job. Ill take a small fraction of your coins becuas all i can provied is a hit on a theif and information on her, also, a good idea where the location is....." Atticus looked to the door to see if he could see any shadows from the bottom of the door. Following his training, he said in a more mellow tone, "What i do know exactly is that the theives have been given a great skill from a female member, she should be the daughter of the master of there theive guild, Ive also witnessed a female girl that casted a spell to distract people and guards alike, also i was wandering around the alleys of the area becuase my fairy friend showed me that they live deep in the alleys." Atticus grabed a few more coins than expected. This time in a more up beat tone he said "This is for my partner....now you have to give me some info on what you are doing with your weapons in an area like this.....if you are serching for the theives then me and my partner will have to assist you....becuas-" Atticus started to think back from what a wise man had once told him. "becuase, 3 heads are better than 2"

Eolande really had no need for coin. She assumed the man was just looking to take more for himself. It mattered not to her. She looked to and fro as they spoke, trying to keep up with what they were saying. Some kind of deal was being made, and she was being involved. She knew where the thieves could be found, or at least the direction they went in. With her flying capabilities, she could easily pinpoint their location. She had been able to watch everything that was going on in the market while she was trapped inside the bottle.

When Atticus mentioned him stealing her, Eolande climbed down from her position on the cup, and sat near his hand, putting her hand on his finger. She didn't think of it that way. Of course, she was struggling with the thought of thinking of herself as property to be bought, sold, or stolen anyway. She thought she was rescued.

Esmeralda was thinking of using Atticus' help in finding the thieves den anyway and now when he mentioned it himself, she was glad. Besides that, even if the man doesn't know anything, or wants her to lure into trap, fairy at the other hand, could have real knowledge. These little creatures are known for their stealth and knowledge of their surroundings. They are small and they see and hear much, while staying perfectly invisible for such a huge beings as human.

"Oh... take the rest of the coins too Mr. Atticus, and you will get more, if we find what I am looking for. As for about me... I would prefer to keep in secret from where I come and where I go... If you don't mind"

Then she looked at little fairy. "So... our little friend... prepare of adventures"

Atticus rubbed his finger under Eolande's chin. Atticus had just realized that he did not know the name of the fairy, he felt bad for not asking but he will get to it as soon as he can. Atticus watched the woman with her offer still on the table. He slowly grabbed the purse of coins and hid it into his pocket. "Well since we intend on looking for this thieve guild you should tag along with my partner and me. Also it happens that you are looking for some one and he or she is my assassination assignment you will be able to do what ever you want with them, as long as there out of the area. Then you will get what you want and what i want. Dose it sound like a deal?" Atticus puts his hand out for a shake.

(Dammit sorry, forgot about this, here's a little something :|)

After all the commotion had died down, Alex left the alley, quickly, pulling his hood over his head as to not attract any attention. He stayed to the shadows. Stopping whenever he saw someone infront of him. Trying not to act suspicious, as he made his way across the rather large town, it was almost a city, to his house. Well, he called it his house, but he was a squatter. It was in the poorer part of town so no-one cared that much, right next to the sewers, the last owner had been stabbed, or sent to prison, he couldn't remember. As he opened the door dust flew off of it, as he had not been here for a while, he walked over and sat on his straw bed, well, mattress. Inspecting the gold trimmed ring he had stolen.

Eolande's wings fluttered excitedly as she was rubbed under the chin. She looked to the woman, beaming up at the word adventure. It was enough to instill enthusiasm and wonder into anyone's heart, even the small one inside of this being. The fairy gained her feet clumsily, still feeling the balance altering effects of the wine. Eolande still didn't understand completely what had caused it, whether some poison or maybe some kind of spell. She sometimes felt this way after eating certain sour berries. She trusted the effects would wear off sooner or later. Though didn't trust herself to fly just yet, she would have to when the situation called for it. For now, she climbed up onto Atticus' hand, hoping for a lift.

"I... Um..." Almirah sighed. "I'm not really sure where I'm from. I guess you could say I've lived in this town my whole life. As far as I can remember though, at least... I grew up with a small band of thieves in this town." Almirah looked down at her hands as she folded them nervously on her lap.

"I'm sorry... You must know why I need you to be my alibi now..."

"Oh...Wow, I see..." Alia certainly was not expecting that answer. But she knew family was family, especially with their type. "Oh no, don't apologize...You're family is your family, am I not correct?" she said, gently patting her shoulder. "Did they happen to put you up to what happened at the market square? Or was that someone different?"