A Little Free-Roaming

Alex continued running, he swore he heard someone behind him but didn't stop, nearly slipping over, but didn't thanks to his athletic build and years of this lifestyle, he feet were smacking against the stone ground rather hard, and anyone at the entrance to the alley could most probably hear him running, with this realization he stopped, taking slow, almost graceful steps now, as to not alert anyone to his presence.

He turned the corner and "Shit," he said to himself "a dead end, just perfect" Though he noticed there were various doors and a sewer grate he could escape into if the need arise, out of breath he sat panting, and waited.

Almirah remained near the camp, wandering about in the woods surrounding it.

She sat down on a stump just as it started getting dark and, casting a small fire spell, started a little flame in a nearby bush. She watched the flames thoughtfully, kneeling down in front of them. Then, through the silence, a loud gun-shot rang through the forest.

Alia blinked and started down the alley, stepping carefully, but the slight heel on her boots didn't really help. She stood on her tip toes a bit to soften the sound of her feet. Once she makes it to the corner turn, she stops half-way, trying to listen in and wonder if anyone was there.

She then began to put her fingers in a position, as if about to snap her fingers...

Alia then hears a faint gunshot from where she is. She then thought to herself Huh...I was going to do that, not shooting something, but make the sound effect

((I knew the post accident was going to happen today xD; Sorry bout that.))

Calvin eyed the woman suspiciously, but seeing that she was a sailor, and thus probably not a match for him, sighed.

"I did not remember asking for your assistance," said Calvin. "And I have my methods and reasons for starting out at the town guard's headquarters. Now, lady, I do not know why you came to my table without my permission, but you are out of luck. I do not like being bothered by strangers," said Calvin, as he put some additional distance between himself and the woman by pushing his chair back. "Especially sailors like you," lied Calvin as he did not have a problem with sailors at all, but still tried to keep whoever this woman was out of his business. He did not need her help, and her interference was even less desired.

Trapped... suffocating... and worst of all, she could see her freedom clearly

Eolande was a small fairy, only 7 inches tall. If one looked close, they would easily see she was a woman too, as she did not wear any clothes on her supple skin. Her long, light blue hair fell freely down her back.

The miniscule fairy pounded against the glass of the jar she was trapped in. Tears welled in her eyes, and the wealthy, fat merchant attending to his goods shook the jar, knocking Eolande down.

"Now, none of that. You'll just tire yourself out!" He laughed. "Now you just sit there and look pretty, and maybe then I'll finally be rid of you."

Eolande sat down at the bottom, pulling her knees to her chest, hiding her face between her knees and crying. She was so stupid to get herself caught! She had no idea what someone would want with her. Maybe they had misconceptions about granting wishes, or maybe they wanted to eat her! Eolande raised her face to the sky and stared at the cork above her hopelessly.

"Now... hot tempered we are... look at you" said woman staring to Calvin with a sarcastic smile on her face. "Walking down in those clumsy plate armor, hoping for bringing the justice to the world with his shiny... Sword... Look at you, how Paladin we are" - The woman was clearly skilled at playing on people's nerves, but there was something else besides her annoying chit-chat in her eyes. It was clear she's not the simple kind and could be dangerous foe for many. The wild sparkle in her eyes were giving it out.

"Anyways, shiny" she suddenly got serious. "I didn't say you need MY assistance, I asked if you really hope to find assistance with these lazy asses. But judging by your answer, you could really use some help. At least... maybe word of advice or something. Name's Esmeralda. You'll find me in Inn or tavern, if you change your mind. we may have more in common than you think" She said, drank full mug of ale and turn to the door.

While the woman certainly got on Calvin's nerves, the man had enough self control to keep his face somewhat passive, but occasional flashes of annoyance managed to get through. But at least she was going away, and that was enough for him, even if it will cost him some more money than he originally planned to spend. Now there was no one to interfere with his mission, or at least not now, but he made a mental note to keep an eye out for the woman. She looked like trouble.

Calvin spent a little more time in the inn, then decided to pay for both of the drinks, and rent a room for a day in advance. After all, there was no telling when he would manage to round up the thieves, especially if the city guard was so incompetent as the woman had said to him. Grumbling to himself, the warrior left the inn and headed towards the guards' headquarters while silently praying that the woman was wrong after all, and maybe it was just a strong thieves guild that formed near the city. At least then, he would have a good challange to look forward to.

Lost. walked straight into an alley that had a dead end. Atticus turned into anouther conner and lost again, dead end. This was starting to annoy him. he began to run in a quick pace and found himself in the croweded market again. "GREAT, just great i need to find something that can help me, maybe like a bird or something." He began to look for a stand that sold trained animals but they were all wild and were not worth buying. He heard some one yell theif but he was too bussie looking for something. Then a gunshoot was heard over the market. "Things must be getting real interesting, now where do i-"

Before he could finish his thought he had seen a small fairy in a bottle. Its not human but it isint right to keep a fairy in a bottle. Atticus quickly checked his bags of equipment for a bottle and special powders. "Now wheres that-AH ha, good thing i took that class in alchemic powders." Atticus quickly dumped powder down the bottle and the bottle made a fait glow like a fairy. As quick as he had made the fake, he had switched the fairy in the bottle with the fake.

Quickly runing to "chace" the theif. atticus ran into an alley and looked at the bottle. "allright you gotta make a deal with me, if i set you free you have to stick with me, a cupple of things before i set you free, and this is my offer, one....i saved you so your going to help me. two....stick with me becuase i get kinda lonley.....uh...ill offer protection." Atticus slightly smiled only to show that his teeth where slightly brown.

As the boy picked up the bottle, Eolande, terrified, cowered in the corner. The running jostled her around even more so, and she pulled her small transparent wings around her trying not to let the jostling damage them. Eolande didn't know human speech, though she seemed to understand well enough. She was very expressive though and this helped her to communicate.

When the man stopped running, Eolande hunched as far away from the man's face as possible, staring up at him with terror in her eyes as he began to speak. She was surprised when he mentioned saving her life. He really wasn't going to try and make her grant wishes? Or give her to some child as a pet, or worse... Eat her? Eolande sighed audibly then stood, putting her hands close to his face against the glass and nodded. As long as she was free of this bottle, she didn't mind sticking around. Besides, she was quiet grateful. She wasn't looking forward to being eaten.

Waiting for the fairys reply atticus realized the fairy couldent speak. Then the fairy nooded and atticus knew she could understand him but couldent speak back. atticus thought this would be an issue but he soon realized the company was good for him. He moved his slighty dirty hands over the bottle and pooped it open. He turned the bottle slowly to let the fairy know that she was able to slide out onto his hand. Durning this time atticus thought the fairy would just leave him or the fairy was not a fairy but something eals completly diffrent.

------

The merchent was yelling out theif and the royal guards appear out of the croweds. The skinny guard in frount said "What did this theif steal of yours?" The fat merchant yelled out to the guards "They stole my fairy! My wishes! My money!"
anouther guard apperd to the frount and spoke to the skinny guard "It seems the theives had stolen a fairy for wishes, this can be a problem for us." The skinny guard nooded and the guards started walking twords the alleys where the theives are known to be hiddin at.

Alia scrunched her face a bit. Wow, there was quite a lot of noise for an alley way. It was like multiple people were in there at the same time. She shrugged and left the supposed thief alone and went to go check out where the other people were. Turning around, she went back the other way but then immediatly bumped into Atticus and Eolande.

"Oh! Uh...T-Terribly sorry about that," she blinked, looking at Atticus and...A fairy? She looked at Atticus set Eolande free and blinked. "Oh..a fairy?

Once the bottle was open, Eolande zoomed out, instead of sliding onto his hand like he wanted. She flew up to his face, and planted a kiss right on his cheek. She was thankful indeed!

When the noisy guards approached, as well as the other girl Alia, Eolande dove behind Atticus' shoulder and hid, pulling at the collar of his dirty shirt, wanting him to come. She was really scared. She didn't have enough strength to pull him along at all, but she hoped he would get the message and run. Either way, she wouldn't run off without him.

When the fairy kissed him on the cheak it made him blush a little, atticus was glad he had a hood on. The noise of men and metal hiting each other was the sound of guards. Thats a sign to leave and right when atticus turned he bumped into alia. The fairy started to tug on his collar and atticus turned as quick as possable and began to run deeper into the alley ways. While runing atticus looked at the fairy and began to huff out "how long have you been in that bottle?"

"Eh?!" Alia did not expect Atticus to just run away without word. But she shrugged anyway. She then heard other noises and realized there were guards trying to catch the beginning thief. But she didn't know how to get out without the guards blocking her off. She remembered a teleportation spell and quickly cast it. Once cast, she was back behind a building near the market square.

"Well...That was an eventful moment." She said, she looked around and then frowned.

"Ugh...left my groceries." Alia sighed and shrugged, thinking about waiting it out until the guards would finish their investigation.

((Oh snap ^^; did I say 'gun shot' in my last post? There weren't even guns in medieval times *face-palm* ))

((Oh xD It's all right...--wait...they had catapults right? or cannons? or both?))

((Yeah they had catapults, not sure if they had cannons though... Hmmm... I'm going to go Google it real quick xD))

(Apparently they did have cannons, but it was late in the period when they were introduced. :U)

((They DID have gun. Depends on what you would call a gun. If anything operating on gunpowder with bullets as its weapon, than they did have them. First hand-cannons were used in 13th century. Than there were arquebus (You can google them for images) which were used in 15th-17th centuries and muskets. And some variations primitive pistols. And anyways, as long as it's fantasy/medieval land with magic and many made-up stuff, I think no one will notice if you cheat by couple of centuries :p ))

((Oh! Thanks ^^; I thought I had a major brain melt of a post! ))