A Little Free-Roaming

"Actually," Almirah said, still not looking up, "They didn't put me up to it, but they did say I had to steal something."

She thought for a moment. She HAD considered them her family, but... The truth was, they were horribly dangerous people. Especially the leader.

"Um... Just now, when you found me, I had been..." She took a deep breath. "I had been running away from camp," Almirah finally admitted.

Alia nodded, understanding what she said. She continued on listening to her, and her eyebrow raised upon her next confession.

"Oh? Running away? What for?"

Almirah became slightly flustered. She had only just met this girl and she was already telling her of these things. She sighed a little.

"Let's just say, sometimes the lives of thieves are cut short." She turned to Alia, "You're only useful to thieves as long as you can steal things."

Almirah looked away again, frowning. "Our leader gets angry when we come back empty-handed. I... Hate seeing what happens when one of use does."

Alia listened to what Almirah said. When she had said that lives would be cut short sometimes, she went a little bit pale. "Oh dear..." she said, patting her back again. "I'm...I'm sorry to hear that...Why would the leader do something like that? Surely he could give the person another chance?"

'Tell you what..." Said Esmeralda looking at the little fairy, who was still under influence of alcohol. "You both better stay here this night. I am going out anyway, will not be back till tomorrow evening. Then we decide what to do and how to approach our little seek-and-find game"

Esmeralda grabbed her falcon and hanged it on her belt, while fixing dagger at the other side of her hip. She then grabbed the arquebus from the wall and hanged it over the shoulder. She hid one more knife in her boot. Then she looked to Atticus.

"Well, Mr. Atticus, time for me to go. Have some business to attend... You can sleep in my bed" She said and opened the door, but turned around to Atticus one more time before leaving the room. "But please... take a bath before you go into my bed, I will ask Innkeeper to provide the hot water for you".

With these word she left the room. Moment later Atticus and fairy could hear the weakening sounds of horse hoofs...

"That's what I thought," she replied. "And I said it to him earlier today, but... He's a really ruthless leader. I don't think he would give me clemency for speaking against him, that's why I ran away." Almirah sighed and turned a little. "I don't know why he does it..."

Alia continued to pat her, trying to comfort her. She then thought back to where her village was and how it was run. It was nothing near what Almirah probably had to go through. She went into a thinking mode for a moment or so and looked back up to her. "Hey...Almirah?" she started her question. "Would you like to come stay at my village? You won't have to steal anymore and well, they'd frown upon it a bit. But I'm sure they would like you!" Alia said with a smile.

Almirah's eyes widened slightly with surprise. "Really? I mean... I'd love to, but would your village accept me? I would really like to go though, I'm just worried they might get mad at you for taking a stranger."

"Once you explain the story, I'm sure they will understand your situation!" Alia smiled happily and stood up, extending a hand to her to help her up. "Shall we go meet my leader?"

Almirah took the other girl's hand and stood up. "Alright," she replied, slightly nervous. "Where's your village? Do we have to pass through the forest to get to it?" she asked. If they did, they might get caught by the thieves, and Almirah didn't want to put Alia in danger because of her.

"There will be a forest when we get there, but the way to go through it will not have a forest. In fact it'd look like...sort of a valley." Alia replied. "Unless we go to an even secretive spot and I can teleport us both to my village?" She asked with a headtilt. "Which do you prefer?"

"I'd like to walk," Almirah admitted. "I don't know how to teleport, so if I ever get lost somewhere without you and I can't find my way back, I'd like to know how to get there."

Almirah smiled a little, sighing with relief.

Alia nodded, being ok with this decision. "Ok then," she said with a smile. "Well then, shall we head on?"

She took one step forward and looked to Almirah, waiting for her to follow.

Atticus watched as the girl left the Inn along with her equipment. He looked at his fairy partner and seen that was a little intoxicated. He walked to the bed and placed her down on one of the pillows. He grabbed a piece of paper along with a pencil tip and walked to his fairy friend. "hello little one, My name is atticus and since your my partner id like to know your name before we continue in our partnership. also since we have a bit more coins i can buy you something you want. just write it down on the paper for me."

Almirah nodded. "Let's go then," she said, walking after Alia. "So, Alia, I've been meaning to ask this," she began, "What're you doing in this town?"

Alia was leading Almirah out of the park and away from the path to the space that ascended up the hill. "Oh?" she looked back at Almirah. "Ah, well some things that are at the market are needed by certain people at my village. You know, for making certain potions and elixirs."

"Oh, did you get everything?" she asked as she followed Alia. "If not, I could help you carry things back," Almirah suggested, smiling a little.

Alia nodded. "After we get there," said she, smiling. They reached the top of the hill and, below, there was a lush, fresh green valley. If this place were more known to the townsfolk, a lot of children could easily come and play on the hill and in the valley. Alia grinned to herself and made a leap that turned into hovering over the valley using her magic, and then she slowly floated back onto the land in the deepest part of the valley. Ohhh, how she loved to do that everytime she traveled back. She turned to Almirah and called for her. "Well come on, then~!"

Eolande was glad for the soft cushioning. She sat and leaned back on her hands, watching the man drunkenly. When he brought back the paper and requested her name and for a list of things to buy, she took the pencil tip into her hands. Unfortunately, she was unable to spell. She only knew how to "draw" her name because of the time spent around humans. She knelled down to do so, pushing the tip of the pencil around on the piece of paper . She drew up the symbols she had remembered well in her head.

EOLANDE

She sat back afterwards, trying to think of what she would want. Eolande didn't care much for the kinds of things humans and other larger creatures of the physical world did. Not even clothes, obviously. Eolande was as nude as the day she was born. No clothes could fit her tiny frame, and even if there were garments that could be worn by such a small creature, Eolande wouldn't keep them on. She sat in thought a bit. Well, she might as well draw the things she did like. She hunched over the piece of paper again, and began laboriously drawing up pictures of flowers, trees, rivers, clovers and insects. All things she encountered in the wilds of her home. She obviously didn't understand these things were not what the man was referring to. The drawings each were simplistic and undetailed. They were no works of art by any means, but they got the message across.

He had seen her write down her name and he liked how it sounded. She sat and seemed to think about what she wants. She drew a magnificent picture of what seems to be a forest with rivers, flowers, bugs and clovers. Atticus thought about buying her a plant but he knew they would be dried out for herbal use. He finally remembered a plant that was given to him that was in his bag of other stuff. Atticus looked like a mountin man with all his bags but they where useful and kept him in shape. "Well eolande, your a cute little thing and i might have something that you might like." Atticus rubbed his finger under her chin again and opened his bag. He pulled out a jar that has flower that was bright blue with many pedals and small balls of powder in the center of the flower. Atticus opened the jar and a very powerful smell of sweetness hit the air. "I was told this plant is so powerful in sent that anything alive can smell it about 3 miles away. Its small powder balls are used for perfume, and its all yours."