A Little Free-Roaming

Eolande closed her eyes beamed happily up at Atticus as the spot under her chin was rubbed again. She never thought she'd meet a human that was so nice to someone as small as her. It was certainly hard to see such a tiny creature as anything close to equal for most, though perhaps her humanoid appearance helped. When Atticus' attention went to the bag, Eolande crept to the edge of the pillow to watch him raptly. When he produced the blue flower, her eyes lit up. She thought she had seen something like it before once or twice, but she had never seen anyone CARRY a plant... It was odd, and wonderful. The sweet smell reached her button nose. It was powerful, but very pleasant.

Eolande flew closer, not completely gracefully as she was still under the influence, but she wanted to get closer to her gift. She ran her hand along the soft petals, and touched the small powder ball. Her eyes grew wide with excitement. This was HER plant... she'd never actually owned anything before. The ecstatic fairy flew to the man's neck and hugged it as best as she could. Talk about easily pleased.

Watching Eolande fly to the flower and touching it made atticus think that he did a good job for a present. She hugged his neck with joy and he rubbed his finger tips on her back to substitute hugging her back. "I have some private property near here that has many plants, ill take you there when we finish this job." Atticus was starting to feel he doesn't have to be alone in these missions. The window began to glow in a orange glow which meant the sun was going down. Atticus thought about getting water for him and eolande. "Hey eolande, we should go to the market so we can get us some food and water. What do you want to eat? and i'm thinking you want some river water."

"Oh wow!" she said as she saw Alia hovering. Almirah ran along after her. "You must know a lot more about your powers than me. I sure can't do that!"

Alia laughed a bit. "Hehehe, my mom taught me that one," she said with a cheeky grin. She had been darn proud about that trick for a while now. "Surely you have something that I can't do though?" Alia asked with a head tilt. She wanted to see what kind of Almirah can do. Not for rivalry purposes, she was just curious and she also wanted to allow her to show off too.

Almirah thought for a bit, still walking. "Well... I can cast two different spells at the same time, as well as being able to set off a fire in multiple places at the same time," she replied. Almirah laughed a little, shaking her head. "I don't know... If you grew up in a village full of mages, you can probably do that too!"

Alia nodded. "I see.~"

She then shrugged. "Well, our village doesn't work with fire. So we don't have spells for making actual fires. We can make little lightning bolts zap against wood to make fire but we can't produce it."

"Oh! I can," Almirah replied, smiling nervously. Of course, from what she could tell, it was a really peaceful village. They didn't need fires. The only reason she needed it was to cause distractions.

Alia smiled. "That's neat! Can you make a flame in your hands?" she asked again. "I can actually make water, though." Alia chimed in as she flipped her hand a bit and then water started to float above her hand.

"I can actually," Almirah said thoughtfully. She snapped her fingers, a small flame appeared above her finger. She slid it down into her palm, like a ball, as it grew slightly. She smiled a little. "Can you make it change shape?" she asked Alia curiously, glancing at the water. As she asked, the flame in her hand took the shape of a small stick figure.

"Changing shapes, hm?" Alia pondered it for a while and then made a motion with the hand that was holding the water. The water then turned into a floating little stick as well, except it looked like a wand.

Eolande nodded, rubbing her thin bare stomach to show she was hungry. The fairy could and would eat just about anything that didn't contain meat. It was never an option to her. She wasn't a hunter, and would most likely end up prey rather than the predator.

Eolande wanted only to eat, than sleep. She was exhausted. She moved away from his neck where she had hugged and landed on his shoulder, lying to rest her head against the part where shoulder rose to become his neck. She folded her wings against her, and shut her eyes.

Almirah shut her hand, the flame disappearing. "It's nice to finally be able to talk about this to someone," she admitted, smiling.

Alia grinned happily and was about to shut her hand, but then thinks it over and sends the water to a little patch of wild flowers. "There we are," she said once it hit the flowers. She looked back to Almirah and smiled warmly. "You and me both.~"

When eolande rested on his neck atticus Started walking out side to but some food and water for the pair. The streets were still crowded with people and full of food merchants. Atticus walked to every stand in search of river water, He had found many fruits for his partner. While walking he had noticed that there many more people that looked like thieves ruining around. Some thing must have happened that would cause the thieves to run around like a disturbed bee hive. "That's strange....." After hours of looking he had finally found a stand that sold river water.

This merchant seemed a bit strange, He sold me the river water with out me asking him. He looked at my shoulder and began to hum and speak all at once "It seems that not all humans are bad to the mischievous winged humans." He handed atticus a large jar of water and the merchants hand stuck out a little bit. It was a bit hairy and looked like a humans, his hat had a slight bulge on the sides of his head and the mask that covered his face was like he doesn't have a nose. Atticus knew what he was, with a smile atticus said "Not all fauns are bad to humans." The merchant let out a roar of laughter and said "Be good to her human"

"Really?" Almirah asked, starting to walk again. "I thought you would have plenty of people to talk to about your powers." She smiled as they walked. "Anyway, Alia, I must tell you something. If the thieves are looking for me, and the find me, I... I won't cause any trouble and I will go with them. So, if they ever do find me, don't try to stop them. Alright?"

"Well, I do...But its nice to talk to someone outside of the village," Alia shrugged a bit, chuckling and they continued walking. She then looked to Almirah. "Eh? Are you sure? You said yourself that they were demanding! At least your leader..." she rambled on, looking worried.

Eolande was only slightly awake as Atticus returned to the market in search of food and water. If she were any more lucid, she would have been gripped with terror at the sight of being back here. As out of it as she was, she could only manage to grip the hem of his shirt tightly. Some people stared at them, and this made the fairy very nervous. The sights, the sounds, the people. It was all very frightening for the poor tiny creature. It was when her friend approached the final merchant that she perked up a bit.

This one was familiar to her. At least his smell was. This was a faun... she'd seen them before. She found that they were much nicer than most humans were, though she had a hard time understanding them and their ways. She enjoyed their company when she could find it. It was nice to see a familiar species amongst all this. Though he sure was wearing a lot of odd garments that his most if not all of his natural faun traits. This confused and frightened Eolande a little too.

Walking to the Inn was a lot easier once it was night time, the royal guards seem to be no where in sight. This was strange but it was getting late, it was probably peaceful at night. Atticus got back to the room where he had met the woman and placed eolande on the pillow. He pulled out the fruits and laid them on the bed for his little partner to eat. He also got a plate and poured the river water into it for her to drink from. Atticus pulled out a favorite fruit from a very far land. He joyed the texture and flavor of a mango, he only took a bite from it because he wasn't to hungry.

Eolande nibbled the fruit and drank as much as she could. She was exhausted though, and soon she was asleep. The fairy had made a small indent on top of the pillow that she curled up in, hugging her knees up into her chest, lips slightly parted to allow her breath to pass through. Her light blue hair fanned out behind her.

"I know, but I don't want anyone to... Well... Get hurt," she replied. "So I'll go with them, don't worry about it."