A Little Free-Roaming

((No, you haven't. Actually these old Arquebus and Muskets look much more beautiful than modern weapons and totally fit into fantasy/medieval scenario. So if thread-starter doesn't mind, you can use them I guess... Oh, wait... YOU're the thread-starter :p So it's tottally ok than :D ))

((Ah~ What a relief. Thread-starter allows thread-starter to use guns >:3 lol!))

Almirah was back at camp in an instant within hearing the shot. She shut her eyes against the scene of a young man laying bloody and lifeless in the center of the camp. "This is what happens," their leader shouted, since a few others had gathered to watch. "This is what happens, when you don't succeed. This is what happens when you bring back useless crap!"

She shook her head, opening her eyes again. "That's not right! He could've had a second chance!" she shouted, unable to hold it in.

He looked at her angrilly. But before anyone could say anything, Almirah had turned around and ran off into the woods. She ran straight back to town, where she ended up in the town's square.

"Oh Gods, this place is noisy" Said Esmeralda, looking from the window of her room, rented in only available Inn in this town. People were running around, some looking for their missing fairies, some calling for guards and some actual thieves who were busy making sure they're not caught.

"I can't believe I'm stuck in this filthy hole", said she angrily. Esmeralda now didn't look so friendly and drinking-buddy-like, like she was during the conversation with that plate-armored mercenary. Seemed that act of hiding her actual feelings and mood was skill she was highly talented with.

"But reports can't be false. THEY must be hiding somewhere near. SHE must be hiding somewhere near with them. And I will find them, whether with the help of this walking iron or without him... And what was that. Shot? here? someone wealthy enough to have an arquebuse? wow. Seems I will need smeone's help more than I thought"

Alia continued to walk through the square, idly passing time. She saw a girl running into the square.

"Hm?" she wondered. "What's the matter? Is she helping with the investigation?"

She stopped for breath and doubled over, her hands on her knees. People were probably staring at her. Almirah couldn't care less though. Tears were starting to stream down her cheeks as she realized she would no longer be welcome at the camp. In fact, the leader may even have her killed.

She could defend herself, but she would be outnumbered. Almirah would last a few minutes, at most, before she'd get killed.

Alia saw her fall and immediately ran to her.

"Oh?! Hey!" she yelled to Almirah. "Are you ok?! Are you hurt?!"

Alia kneeled to the mage and held her hand out, in case she really did need help. It was a little obvious she did, but she wanted to make sure and not force it upon her to accept Alia's help.

"I'm fine," Almirah replied, straightening herself up. "I just..." She sighed a little and shook her head. Though the girl before her looked nice, she didn't think it would be wise to tell her about what had happened.

Almirah forced a smile. "I'm really quite fine. I just ran into some trouble."

"Oh...All right then," Alia nodded.

Alia listened to Almirah talk and nods. "All right," she smiled back at Almirah, being polite.

Eolande moved to sit on his shoulder as he ran. In response to his question, she held up four fingers, then pointed up to the sun. Four days. If he could catch her drift.

The small fairy watched his actions, noticing he was losing his breath. She stood on his shoulder and turned to face the noise of the oncoming guards. She balled her tiny hands into fists, narrowing her eyes as if she planned to fight the guards if the caught up. She may have been able to run faster than Atticus if she was alone, but she wasn't going to leave the equivalent of her Knight and Shining armor... Whether he looked the part or not. She looked around, trying to find a way that they could lose their pursuers.

"Psssst... Over here" shouted woman to the man in dirty cloths. "You can climb up over here". The man was looking at his shoulder time to time, as if he is talking, or listening to someone there, but from the distance of her window Esmeralda couldn't see little fairy around the man. The man had clearly committed some crime and guards were after him, so he could be a part of the people she was looking for. If not, she could still use his help. She just had to help him hide away. Esmeralda wasn't going to get in trouble for saving some stranger and if guards would knock on her door, she would gladly give the guy up to them, but it was worth a try. "You... come over here... climb up... I'll hide you under the bed" She have shouted once again to the weird man

Atticus was about done untill he heard some one calling him out. It was a womman in a building telling him to climb up and shell hide him. Atticus opend a sack that had a clean blanket and he whisperd to the fairy "Get in here, i dont trust strange women asking me to climb up."

Atticus looks up to the woman "Ill be right up!" Atticus opens his bag of equipment and rumaged through it until he found some grapelling hooks. Atticus snuck a small dagger neer his hip. Atticus thrrew the hook untill it got ahold of the windo. Atticus started to climb like a pro. He began to mubble to him self "Im glad i took classes, rather than buying new cloths."

Once inside the room he closed the windo very quickly and watched down the windo as the royal guards passed by the building. Atticus turned to the woman and realized he was in the inn. "DAM IT, back at the inn again..."

Eolande gave him a worried look. She wasn't sure if she wanted to trust this woman either. However, she obediently climbed in. Great, confined again. She sat and held out her arms to steady herself in the bag, listening closely. She was prepared to jump out of the bag and do... do SOMETHING if someone was going to try and hurt Atticus.

The room rented by Esmeralda in the inn was small but comfortable. It had big cabinet and wardrobe and large enough bed. She was dressed simply, in her leather jacket, corset and pants. Dagger and the light, one-handed sword were laying besides the bed and small arquebus was hanged on the wall.

"You can sit here", told woman the man and pointed to the wooden chair at the table with bottle of wine on it. She smiled to the man and offered the wine, pouring big portion of it into wooden mug.

'My name's Esmeralda. Fear me not stranger. Would I want the guards to catch you, I would just wait until they'd do it. No need for additional schemes and traps, when you were almost caught anyway." - The woman smiled and Atticus could see that despite her rather rough face and little scar on the cheek, she is in fact very beautiful, with pretty face and shoulderlenght ginger hair. Her figure was well built as well. Athletic, but proportional, it was visible she is used to physical excercises such as fighting or holding the sword. From her cloths and looks one could say she was a sailor once.

"And I will not ask for any reward from your part, for saving you too... I just would like you to answer few questions for me" Said Esmeralda, looking at his bag with one of her eyes. She still didn't know he have fairy in his possesion.

Atfer jumping into the room atticus had seen the weapons on the womans bed and atticus decided he wasint in danger yet. The woman offerd the seat to atticus and atticus wanted to show his respect by not denying the womans offer. Once in the chair atticus was a little uneasy about the wine part. She was a very attractive woman some what built like a barbarian's wife, well, to him at least. He put his hand where Eolande hideing and touched her to confourt her that every thing was fine.

"allright, what might be the question...Oh wait, if you ask me you gota let my partner hear this." Atticus opend the bag were Eolande was waiting.

Eolande grabbed where the indent of his finger in the bag was. She squeezed it for comfort.

When the bag was opened, she covered her eyes to protect them from the sudden light. She flew up a little, looking at the woman, then around the room. Suddenly, a smell hit her nostrils. She looked down at the cup, and sniffed again. What a strange smell... she wondered what this liquid could be. She was being fed very little while she was prisoner in that bottle. She flew down and sat on the rim of the glass, cupping her hand and dipping it into the liquid. She brought it to her lips. It was bitter! and maybe a little bit fruity. She quickly brought a few more handfuls to her lips.

Esmeralda raised her eyebrow at the sight of the fairy. It was long time since she saw one of those little creatures. She knew they aren't used to wine and alcohol in general, and was surprised that fairy tasted it so eagerly.

'Now, now... Mr... Seems your little friend will get herself in trouble if she continues to drink this stuff like some old pirate captain" She giggled and looked at the man with warm, alluring smile. "Oh... don't worry about my questions. They will not be hard to answer... For example... may I know your name? Sort of what are you doing for life... and if you have any idea about... But let's talk about your name and occupation first." She carefully took the mug with wine and poured some more in, offering it to the man again: "Be my guest"

Atticus watched as the fairy flew to get a drink of wine and drank alot for her size. Atticus opend a bag full of bread and tore off a peice for the fairy. He had learnd this trick from a drunken archer, the archer was drunk every morning and night and could still hit a bulls eye with one eye open. Atticus blinked hard to realize he was in a strong day dream and began listining to Esmeralda. She gave him a warm look but atticus knew she wanted something but he didint know exactly what.

When she pored more wine into the mug atticus drank a bit and relaxed himself as he told her.
"The names Atticus eh...well its been quite a long time since i was asked my last name. so i cant remeber it. And my occupation is..well..any thing from babby sitin to assassination. Now you got awnser this, what is your occupation?"
He grabed a pice of bread and nibbled on it.

Eolande sat back and nibbled on the piece of bread he tore off for her. She remained seated on the brim of the cup, watching the woman as her eyes grew heavy. The drink was having an odd effect on her. She wondered drowsily if it was poisoned. She hadn't experienced any kind of alcohol before. With her small body, the drink worked fast and hard. Luckily she had stopped before making herself sick.

Almirah tilted her head to the side slightly. Something about this woman was strange. Not a bad strange, she actually gave off a feeling of familiarity. It was as if Almirah knew her somehow... But she had never seen her before in her life.

She leaned closer to the woman. "Are you, perhaps, a mage?" she asked in a quiet voice, hoping no one would hear her. That was the only explanation Almirah could think of for the aura she felt around this lady.