A Lark Is Not Always A Bird...

All's Fair...

What's that expression? All's fair in love and war.......

No, this wasn't "war", and perhaps it was not quite love, yet. But close! Romance... this desire to bond... strong within. Strong without. Without...

... "Aha... hnnn... indeed I have."

Kimba's grin held not just humor, but excitement... definitely arousal, what with Avira's tail-tuft play between his legs. "Dangerous" territory, that! Indeed...

... "Vulnerable works both ways. In your... position... you're just inches away from an... an unintended stabbing......."

Yes, indeed. If Avira wanted to play the game, the "risk" was not just to him. She, just as likely to hoist herself on her own petard. To be honest, Kimba had reached a point in his oh so short "relationship" with Avira, yes, at this point, embarrassment was not on his mind. Not in his body. Not within his heart. All was indeed fair. So...

... if she didn't play fair, well, then, so could he.

So, before Avira could react... hopefully unexpected enough she would be rendered "helpless" to counter... Kimba broke his hold, reaching for her face again, to plaster another lick between her nostrils, if not to drool it right up to her forehead badge.......

She squirmed a bit when he attacked her face with a good wet lick from nose to badge, crinkling up the topside of her muzzle a bit and clenching her eyes shut until she no longer felt the wet sensation. A slight laugh escaped her, along with a quiet hum of amusement. she gave her head a little shake immediately afterwards, rolling off of him and more to a position next to him, laying across her stomach.

Part of her mind was set in a somewhat upset mood due to the fact that she'd just had every inch of her face from the tip of her nose and up to the top of the badge that rested comfortably on her forehead. But the other part of her mind was feeling a bit flirtatious and was oddly enjoying this, so she just plain couldn't be mad at Kimba for this, she had been rendered unable to be upset and willingly let a smile adorn her features. She wrapped both hands around her muzzle and let her elbows rest on the floor, tail swishing back and forth behind her.

"Clever, why do I get the feeling you're abusing my fickleness for grooming..."

Romance Games...

Kimba felt many sensations course through his body, most focused on the "place" where Avira's tail-tuft had just been. Still on his back, breathing a bit heavy, he flicked tail into hands and started to massage out the kinks. During this whole tuft to groin encounter, his tail had snapped a bit too straight and stiff in response. A deep sigh at Avira's words. Still a bit too stiff in other places, he had to take care handling his tail...

... "Well... you did offer me a challenge, a game to play." He nibbled the end of his tail for a few seconds... "To thoroughly appreciate a good grooming, you have to get really dirty." Grin... "Somewhere out there, there's a mud-puddle with your name on it."

....... *gurgle* .......

Yes, Kimba's stomach made a noise. Tail thumped back to floor as hands clutched belly, bright eyes turned towards her...

... "Last night, I dreamt we had several dozen kits... don't know how many. With all the running around... bathing, feeding, squeaking, confusion... I just lost track."

Kimba started to chuckle.......

A soft sigh escaped Avira, Sitting up on her haunches now, tail flicking up and down, with each fall it thumped quietly against the floor. It wasn't a rapid movement, but it displayed how restless she was to say the least. Pulling hands away from muzzle, she licked her own nose to cleanse it temporarily until she could bathe herself.

"Kits, huh? In a hurry much?"

She gave a small laugh at her words, finding something else she enjoyed to be poking fun at Kimba. With a personality blend liker this, it was a recipe for laughter, completely unexpected and possibly around any corner you turn. This would be a relationship full of surprises and certainly many adventures, but Avira, knowing she'd take on the role of a mother if she went along this path, wasn't entirely sure if she was ready for it.

Giving her head a shake to disperse these thoughts, she directed her attention to Kimba, whom still laid in the floor on his back, smoothing out the kinks in his tail as it seemed to have gotten a bit stiff amidst the rough-housing from mere moments ago. A quirky smile upturned across her features, ruby irises holding that same spark of energy, and would remain through the day unless she was given a reason to express anything else.

"And by what I just heard you're just as hungry as I am..."

Sparks...

Spark of energy?

More like sparks! Where there is one, there are also many. Avira showed them in her eyes. Kimba felt them throughout his entire body. A few quick stretches, while still on his back. Then up on all fours... Shake! Fluff! More stretches. Eyes never leaving Avira...

... "To answer your questions, yes, kits. And not so much a hurry as just very, very curious... I guess eager to find out what it's like." Grin, as he settled on haunches. Then he sniffed his pits. Sidled up to her, and gave her a sniff... "Doesn't help we both smell like we've had a night of passion......."

Kimba's tail also thumped the floor, but with more vigor. And, neither of them having bathed the night before, they both did indeed smell of "passion". Her musk on him, his musk on her. Well, that's what happens when female tail tuft plays with male groin. Not to mention the night's "snuggle". No control on what parts touched where...

... "So, your choice... breakfast first? Or bath first......."

For good measure, and because he could, Kimba bent down and sniffed his crotch....... (*and perhaps coughed a little for his efforts, all four nostrils clamping shut as ears went down and back*)

Avira gave an amused snort at his words and actions, he never seemed to run out of ways to make her smile and//or laugh, he kept her in a relatively good mood. Usually she struggled to find humor in her daily life, but Kimba was just an endless and inexhaustible source of laughter for her to access at her whim. She grabbed a pillow from the mass in the floor that played the role of a bed and shoved it against his face, pushing him a foot and a half away from herself.

She then proceeded to get up from her sitting position in the floor, and stood on all fours as she usually did, she seemed to favor that over standing on twos, it was just more comfortable for her to walk on all fours. She held her head high, a certain amount of pride arousing for some unknown reason as she began to walk towards the open doorway, where no door resided.

"I need to eat first, I can wash myself down after. And I haven't forgotten about your persistence to get me into a mud bath, have fun with that one. I can't wait to see you try to get me into one."

Breakfast of Champions...

A pillow to the face didn't help Kimba's breathing issues. Part of being a teenager required acclimation to new "body odors"... parts of your body doing "things" they'd never done before... and that odd "prickle" in the back of one's neck when a female looked at one in "just that way". Yes, growing shroudruff feathers felt weird, especially when they kept flicking up at the slightest provocation. Especially now, after his first night slept with a potential mate.

Didn't help that said "potential mate" walked away on fours, looking so.......

Kimba felt his own arousal... again. Didn't help he had a very good view of Avira's... goods. Yes, he couldn't avoid staying on all fours, himself, just for that. Felt in no rush to move ahead. Though that mainly came from his need to walk carefully, his effort to hide the "evidence". Indeed, this whole "thing" had become a running... or, in this case... walking gag. Definitely needed to take something for it, if only for his own personal comfort. Given he still had years to go before his shroudruff would be "adultively presentable" to a mate.

Hnnnnn...! He still couldn't get kits or sex out of his mind. His dreams, so vivid... so real. In a Groucho Marx way, yes. But still! Avira seemed to match him so well. Last night they'd.......

Well, they'd made a connection. He could tell something had changed in her. Knew the attraction was mutual. Everything in her personal chi, all the patterns fit. He couldn't help staring at her as they went down the stairs, his view even more intimate. Fair, given her own view last night, as they'd come up. But he held back, though he found himself humming what seemed random patterns... found himself humming to the flow of her chi. Very soft, yes. But Nism ears, big for a reason. For a moment, he considered throwing himself off the stairs. Down the central hole. Meet her at the bo... meet her on the ground floor. So he wouldn't have to keep staring at her "lady parts". Watch the swing of hips and tail and tuft.

However, a male is male, and these thoughts were very brief. No, much as kits and sex touched his thoughts, much as nature had provided such drives for a reason, their Creators had given them the ability to choose. Desire tempered by a very deep self-awareness. Kimba did desire her, but he could not think of Avira as anything but... a very desirable body with an even more desirable Spirit. This is what touched Nism, male or female, young or old. The Spirit. A person's Soul.

Kimba's hum, a reminder, as his senses drank in her chi. Perceived the Spirit and Soul within her. Found himself falling more deeply into her essence. Yes, if they became mates, it would be for life.

And Nism lived a very long time, in human consideration...

... "Avira... I can't wait to see you covered in mud."

Yes, a few more steps, and they'd passed the bottom of the stairs. At which point Kimba passed her, his own head held high, his tail along with it, again fluffed and showing off what shroudruff he had. Amongst other parts. His pace carried him into the kitchen. Up on twos, he turned, clapped hands together, and grinned...

... "I promised you waffles with Reese's Pieces... I have everything to fulfill that promise! So speak now, if you wish different......."

Avira's gaze was riveted to the male when he came to pass her at the bottom of the stairs, her tail idly swaying to and fro behind her, dipping downwards and then flicking upright and curling towards herself, bright flaring orange tuft of fur twitching occasionally. Yes she carried a somewhat potent blend of smells, those of which came directly from Kimba and herself during the previous night and just moments ago while they had been rough-housing in the floor. She had become temporarily accustomed to the scents that shrouded both herself and Kimba, but hopefully she'd smell like herself again once she had bathed and after she had eaten.

She had no complaints or protests to his choice in food, matter of fact, she couldn't care less what she ate as long as she kept herself well fed and what she was eating was indeed meant to be eaten. flashing him a reassuring smile, she stepped forward and then halted herself, her attention moving to the nick-knacks and trinkets, his own personal works of art that filled the house in the most copious amounts.

"Surprise me. I dare say you do a fine job of that if anything. A promise is a promise isn't it?"

Wandering into another area of the house not too far from where she had previously stood, she examined and admired the 'art' that occupied this home, finding some it to be a tad confusing, while other pieces seemed to speak directly to her. She was mesmerized by it all, taking as much of it in through every sense she could, staining her memory with everything she saw in regards to Kimba's creations. She had never exactly seen 'art' like his, and she was rather fascinated with it.

While she had her hobbies and favorite past-times back in her little 'native town', she found Kimba's 'hobby' to be exceptionally interesting in its own special way. Her thoughts were great in number and few in variety, many of them focused on one of two things: Kimba, or the things she was currently occupied with looking at, wandering about without straying from the parts of the home that she already knew. But she'd surely come running when she smelled food, it was always welcome in her mind...

Making Waffles!...

Yes, even on the ground floor, Kimba's artistic endeavors were dotted here and there. So, at Avira's words, he fluffed up even more... if that could be possible... then bowed, and popped quick and sure into the kitchen, as she went about her "viewing". And as usual when cooking, same as most other activities in his life, he made a dance of it...

... waffle iron...

... batter-mix...

... choice spices and extracts...

... bowl...

... stir-spoon...

... measuring cups...

... and, of course, Reese's Pieces!

And, of course, Avira... in his own thoughts. In the same way she couldn't get her mind off him, he couldn't get his mind off her. Though he still danced together their breakfast, sizzle as prepared batter hit hot iron. As he "danced" up some eggs and hashed not-quite-potatoes. "Danced" a juice not-quite-orange into chilled glasses. Took a deep breath, all four nostrils flared as he.......

....... yes, at this point, Avira would definitely smell food.

The potent aroma of cooking in the kitchen had reached Avira's olfactory senses, head tilted upwards slightly, eyes shut, all four nostrils flared to inhale the scents that wafted through the air lazily. A small 'Mmmm' escaped her as her figure shifted and turned, legs starting to move to carry her towards the kitchen where she would find breakfast awaiting her and Kimba of course, he had prepared it after all.

By far her favorite meal of the day was at the start of morning, it was the most satisfying in her mind, and always would be no matter what was being eaten at said meal, or any other meal, breakfast would always be her absolute favorite. Once she stood in yet another doorway void of any door, her gaze skimmed the room, across whatever food was where, and eventually landed on Kimba, it seemed she always wound up staring at him for one reason or another...

"Done already? Smells delightful, I'll assume it tastes just as appetizing as it looks."

A slight smile adorned her muzzle as she looked at him, head cocked to the side, tail flicked upwards and curling behind her. It almost seemed that the bursts of orange color on her ears, cheeks, and tip of her nose had brightened and become more vibrant, but if so it was only a minor change, hardly noticeable unless you were looking for it.

Breakfast Blush...

Yes, the potent aroma wafted through the air on a very faint breeze, just enough to tickle nose hairs. And make the smell-center of a Nism brain fire off a barrage of "This smells delicious!" into its owner's consciousness. Or in Avira's case, "delightful". And again, yes, Kimba's own nostrils had flared, as he put the finishing touch on breakfast... a sprig of fresh parsley for each plate. A bit of green to decorate presentation of golden brown waffles, visible Pieces lightly melted... golden brown hash-browns... golden brown eggs... ahhh, no, actually white with a dark, golden orange yolk, sunny-side up. Not chicken eggs. But close...

... "Yes, done..."

His "done" clipped off at the end, his eyes having found Avira. Her smile. The tilt of her head, her body's pose. Signs of her, blushing. Or that's what it seemed. Very... hrrrrm... becoming. Kimba very much liked to see her like this...

... "And yes, very... appetizing. Trust me on that!" Grin, as he took a plate in each hand, fur and shroudruff ruffled, zing running from groin to throat, steps light as he started heading for the low table... "Grab the juice and coffee..." Heh... forgot about the coffee, but yes, Kimba had set a pot to brew, and had also poured a mug for both of them, all set on a tray, with cream/sugar on side... "and I'll thank you forever."

Head turned over shoulder, tongue between teeth. Then he turned back to his work, crouched, set down plates between two previously set place-settings. And then settled down on haunches, table the perfect height for such a pose.......

She watched him silently for the time being, examining his every movement, the changes in posture and the tone of his voice. The near constant look of his fur and shroud-ruff flared and well capable of holding her attention for any extended amount of time. Now that she stood in the kitchen, the aromas that invaded her nose where even more potent, and only further exaggerated her appetite. Running the tip of her tongue along canines, mouth ajar for a moment while doing so before jaws snapped back shut, quite satisfied with his ability to cook a proper meal.

Doing as was requested of her, she cast a glance back to him when he finished the other half of his final sentence, a small smile adorning her muzzle momentarily before turning her head back around to resume what she had been doing, which was retrieving beverages and bringing them over to Kimba so he could put them on the table wherever he saw fit.

Standing still for a moment aside him, she pondered on the topic of if she wanted to sit next to him, or across from him. Certain he'd be okay with either choice... It still took a few seconds for her to come to a decision, striding to the other side of him and sitting right next to him, a smug grin replacing the tender smile.

She'd leap at every opportunity to make him feel uncomfortable or aroused, every chance she got. It was very satisfying to cause such feelings in the male, and it gave her a new reason to enjoy each day, for a different reason on each occasion. She found that he provided her with something she hadn't had in a very long time. Hope, hope that she might have something great in life, something to constantly cherish. She'd once dreamed of having a family top call her own, but had never gotten the courage or the sense to try and accomplish such a fantasy. It was only now that it seemed she could reach it, and it gave her a bright and warm feeling, deep in her chest, radiating from her heart. It felt nice...

"I commend you on your cooking, I'm thoroughly impressed."

Bright Eyes, Warm Heart...

Being a round table, made from a warm, dark-rusted wood, it didn't take much for Avira to slide self and plate next to Kimba. So much scent, so much chi, concentrated in so little space! Her, so close. Him, somehow steady of hand as he set coffee and juice and fixings in place, then slid tray aside. He didn't feel steady. And yes, aroused, though he also found himself feeling that warmth in his groin rise only as far as his heart... stopped far short of his head. Stopped far short of a full response, though he still felt cool morning air touch his malehood. Hnnnn... right in the here and now, despite all his past considerations, Kimba decided he liked being aroused around Avira. Private or public.

Yes, getting used to this!

So, he decided not to take anything for it. To let it happen, as many times as Avira wanted... or as nature demanded. Even if it presently lead to nothing but bright eyes and warm hearts. His own heart, quite warm now. His own blush, under fur, brightening his eyes... her praise, something he liked hearing, even though he didn't consider cooking his most impressive skill. Just that he liked to eat, liked "proper" meals just as much as she did. So, like everything in life, he did it with the best of his ability.

Perhaps a strange coincidence, one male, one female, both wanting the same thing to cherish... the same dream... but neither having thought they could reach it. Him, too busy by choice, perhaps a bit shy, a lack of confidence in the back of his mind. Her...

... "I do what I can with what I have... " He touched his chest with his right hand, breathed deep through all four nostrils, as if "saying" grace. Then he looked down at his lap... "with very few exceptions."

Her gaze shifted away from him and to the table in front of her, hands resting atop it, one over the other, examining their bright blue color they displayed constantly, patched by darker blue rectangular spaces that were raised from the rest of the finely scaled skin, the darker blue like a larger and thicker scale, similar to armor that was breeding itself out of her DNA.

Her tone changed, Avira almost seeming small and afraid for a moment, meek, quieter than usual. Her confidence faltering for a moment as she inhaled deeply to speak again.

"Thank you, Kimba... For everything. Letting me stay with you while I'm here, or at least for tonight. It's very thoughtful of you... Nobody really does these kinds of favors for me these days... I tend to take care of myself... It's nice, really. Having someone helping me out... So, thank you."

Having spoken her thanks to him, and expressing her deep gratitude towards him, she returned her ruby gaze to him, the shyness subsiding and her confidence stabilizing itself again. It seemed her mood could change without the slightest warning on a moments notice, it was quite alarming at times how quickly her attitude shifted between gears so-to-speak...

Shifting Gears...

Kimba had been going for a bit of ironic humor, perhaps to get a laugh, or even just a giggle from Avira at the joke. Perhaps even a comment. Though, perhaps, he should have expected... no, no, couldn't honestly expect her to... to...

... her eyes studied her hands. Her chi shifted at her deep inhale. Deep inhale followed by an unexpected rush of words. Breakfast still warm but on hold, he couldn't help but watch her as she spoke, fur spiking under his shroudruff. Then her red eyes met his amber. Her chi, shifting again. Not only her shifting gears... his own chi, slamming between gears like a poorly-handled five-speed. Perhaps even chipped a few teeth on his cogs. Or some such euphemism. Curious at first. Then surprised. Warm between legs. Warm in his chest. Revelation, that Avira could be so...

... "You're... you're very welcome." Kimba swallowed the lump in his throat... "You're also very beautiful..."

Yes, Avira had settled close enough to him, he didn't have to move very far to give her a very warm and affectionate hug, his own deep inhale followed only by a very deep exhale. Then, holding her at arms length for a moment, his eyes on hers... release... series of quick movements over his plate... fork held before her as he cupped her chin and grinned... "I insist... you get the honor of first-bite off my plate." His tail found hers. The bite of slathered waffle did indeed look quite delicious... "And yes... it's real whipped cream."

She blinked a moment when the feel in the atmosphere changed and regained its light-heartedness, a smile creeping across her muzzle as she stared at the fork before her, a good chunk of waffles doused in other sugary condiments resting on the metal prongs.

She glanced up to meet his gaze and then immediately back to the fork, inches from her nose as the scent nearly overpowered her senses, along with the few subtler aromas of the room and home in general. She didn't touch the fork, not even an attempt, but the food it held was gone in seconds, one bite and it vanished.

However, a long hum of approval was heard from her, a low mmm... of delight, eyes closing for a moment to savor the blend of tastes that exploded in her mouth when the food touched her tongue. Taking all the time she desired to relish in the flavors of breakfast. But she finished chewing and swallowing it all before she spoke again.

"I've officially tasted heaven..."

In Her Eyes...

For that moment her eyes stayed closed, Kimba couldn't help but flash a grin at his success. Or at Avira's skill. Not even a day they'd known each other, yet so much he'd learned. So much now he saw in her eyes as she spoke those four words... "I've officially tasted heaven..." Yes, every moment that passed, he couldn't help but see beauty in her... he'd meant his words. Very much so. Not just in body. He'd met his fair share of attractive females. But only Avira had managed to catch, to hook and pull to the surface the romantic soul deep within his own Spirit. Everything she did, everything she was, inside, quite intently grabbed his attentions.

He'd seen enough within her to know he wanted more of her. Wanted her by his side. Wanted to share his life with her. He still didn't know if this would lead to them being mates. Him and her, intimately committed. Much could still happen. But Kimba felt committed already, willing to meet her challenge...

... to meet her eyes with his own. To be her male. Be here, there, everywhere. For her.

Hnnnn....... his heart beat so fast at this moment, no, he'd never before felt so much blood race throughout his body...

... "Well, then..." He set his own fork down, amazingly steady, hand and voice. Picked up hers, muzzle so close, their breaths mingled as he held it up... "Your turn to share a taste of heaven..."

She did the same for him as he had done for her, getting an equally decent triangle of waffles, after slipping the fork from his grasp and into her own, holding it right in front of his nose with a cheerful and amused smile.

She was on sensory overdrive at the moment, blood pumping through her veins like adrenaline, a warmth spreading from deep within her being, dispersing itself thoroughly throughout like a fire that couldn't be dampened, any attempts only fueling the blaze that consumed her soul. But it was good kind of burning, and it was quite enjoyable at the moment, a keen feeling of romance and deep attraction to Kimba, a spark had grown into a flame, and it had in turn become a wildfire, casting bright glowing embers about her, hypothetically...

She gave a short breath through her four nostrils, the cool air she exhaled dancing across his muzzle and brushing over his face and the badge that rested on his forehead, her own having a faint and hardly noticeable glow that almost seemed imaginary.

Her tail swayed behind her, occasionally grazing the floor, ears upright and twitching every now and then, eyes open and glistening with excitement and immense happiness. She couldn't wait to eat, her appetite only increasing at the thought of the small feast that lay before them, even though it didn't exactly qualify as a feast.

"Alright then, have at it."

Last edited by a moderator:
Takes A Licking...

This breakfast may not have qualified as a feast, quantity-wise. But as a pure sensory experience, it certainly did. Both Avira and Kimba seeing, hearing, smelling, tasting, feeling... perceiving each other's patterns, that flow of living chi. Nothing about their bodies hidden from one another. Both, not only interacting on a physical level. Chi, that physical/spiritual/emotional energy woven through every living thing, entwined between male and female. Him and her. A spark, yes. Love can start small, but yes, spark can lead to fire, and fire can spread, grow, consume. Burn up the self, if it burns long enough.

Not a strange thing. Many couples... young and just beginning, old and deeply established... no matter, love is a flame. One chooses either to fan it, or to douse it. Because love is not just a feeling. It is a choice. To keep. Or to throw away

Though what poets call "true love" never stops burning. Cannot be doused. Because those who choose "true love" never stop fanning the flames...

... so Kimba did indeed "have at it." Yes, his tail had found hers, but hers couldn't help but move. So, as his mouth opened before her offering, his tail not only found hers again, it held hers down as his tongue slowly licked whipped cream from waffle and fork. Yes, fast as Avira had been, Kimba worked the opposite, drew out the experience long and slow. Eyes half shut. Added to the sensuality of his moves by sliding out both milk-tongues. Yes, he used them to slowly draw waffle from fork. Then made a show, letting that bite of waffle soak, so a simple press of tongue to roof of mouth was all it took to "chew"... a slow, pleased swallow, a purr all the way down...

... then he kissed her between all four nostrils...

... "You taste more like heaven than any waffle......."

His show also included a full fluff, shroudruff fully on display (well, pretty much everything on display).......

She stared intently at him, eyes riveted to him while he greatly exaggerated the movements he made in eating that chunk of waffles from the fork she delicately held. A chill ran up her spine, fur standing on end and then settling back down into its plush groomed self again. It was a good kind of chill though, and she wasn't going to complain as there was nothing to complain about, if anything it was worth a compliment, but she kept silent on the subject regardless.

Yes, she'd indeed met her match, and she didn't see this as one of her games now, this was so much more than just messing around with a boy and taunting him with a romantic chase that she would ultimately win, this was much much deeper than that. This had been nursed into a lavish affection, and a still growing one at that. This was starting to look like love to Avira, and she was okay with that. It was about time she found someone to settler down with anyway, and Kimba seemed perfect for just that.

Hmm... Tasted better than waffles, huh? Now that bit of speech really caught her attention, and she took it as another oppurtunity to play with him, not that it hadn't been as such most of the morning already.

"And how would you know what I taste like? "

She cocked her head slightly to the right, looking at him through her lashes again, sly grin across her muzzle and ears laid back in a playful but curious and thoughtful kind of way, a mix of emotions swirling together behind those ruby eyes of hers. Her tail wound around his into a snug hold, fitting them together like puzzle pieces, chest made a little more prominent, back straight and arching inwards slightly, elbows resting on what would pass for her 'knees' if such anatomical terms applied...