Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Transgender
Genres
Yuri, Magical Girl, High Fantasy, Sci-fi, Ray-gun Gothic, Mecha, Steam punk. Scifi Apocalyptic,
Aiko City, famous around the world as a technologically advanced city state, leading the world in many fields, and a well known tourist spot.
However, there are two other fields that Aiko city leads in that are decidedly less well known, these are chimera attacks, and to balance it, magical girls.
Wielding otherworldly powers, these girls ranging from preschoolers to middle aged women fight to protect humanity from the shadows...

Blair 37 looked up as she took a moment to rest out of the rain, she had been chasing a chimera for what felt like (and probably was) hours, it was a tricky one, but it kept prowling around schools and day cares, so she had decided to hunt it down, despite the fact that it was technically outside of her own territory.
"The other girl isn't killing it anyway... I'll just give her the shard if she shows up".
Blair reasoned as she moved, worn out shoes slapping against the pavement.
Sure she would move faster in her transformed state, but she would also be a lot more obvious, not that she wasn't obvious right now, from her hair to her clothes she could be summed up with a few choice words, the kindest of which would be disheveled.
It was not her fault though, Blair had never really learnt to dress herself, of brush her hair, or anything not related combat, espionage, and occasionally foraging during operations.

Danielle had been tracking this oversized wolf chimera for nearly an hour. Thing was faster than it looked, and it didn't seem to want to stay in one place. At least it hadn't been doing too much damage - until now. A paw swiped a fence, flattening it, and the angry rampage continued. That did it. Civilians were in danger.

The redhead grasped her mirror and transformed. "Dragonfire, ignite my heart!" Now, she was ready to roll. With a mighty leap, she flew upwards to cut off any possible escape and threw a fireball at the beast.

Reactions: Mahou-Shoujo
Blair was beginning to think she might have possibly lost track of the chimera, her magic senses were good but if she didn't at least catch sight of it every now and then she would lose the scent.
Of course though the fireball was a pretty obvious sign that the chimera was not only nearby, but likely in a battle as well.
While Blair had told herself she was just fighting the chimera because no one else would, she still found herself running towards it, the wolf like creature coming into view before without a word she transformed and proceeded to leap into the air, punching the creature just as the fireball collided with it.

The punch and fire collided at the same instant, but from opposite sides. This put the wolf flat on its back, and Danielle took advantage. She drew a sword, a three foot long rapier to be precise, and it transmuted into flame from hilt to tip. A hard descent followed, and she ran the beast through.

The wolf started to dissipate, leaving behind a small shard. "Thanks for the assist, whoever you are. If you want the shard, take it. I'm not exactly hungry for power, and it doesn't look like it has much juice to it, anyway."

Blair was quite pleased at how easily the chimera went down, she didn't even have to break out any weapons or powerful attacks.
Looking up at the other magical girl she waved her thanks, returning to her street clothes even before the beast began dissipating, she preferred not to stay transformed.

"Likewise, that thing had to go before it did anything serious. And my name is Blair".
She introduced herself before picking up the shard, she couldn't afford to pass up a shard, no matter how weak it may be.
"Thanks, I haven't had many chimera enter my turf recently".

"I haven't either, but I figured I'd be nice, get you on my good side." The redhead casually flipped her sword up in a salute to her fellow magical girl. "I'm the Dragon's Flame, but you can call me Danielle." She figured that one of her compatriots could at least be trusted to keep her secret.

"So, what's your specialty? Super strength?"

"Ahh, a rare mindset, many girls I have met would rather drive me away than attempt to be on good terms".
Blair said before shaking her head and releasing a sigh.
"You must be new to this, don't ever tell another girl your real name unless you know them really well, even then be careful".
Blair seemed to ignore the fact that she herself had not only revealed her name, but was even back in her normal form.
"And I suppose you could say super strength is my power, among other things".

Danielle snapped her fingers, returning to her normal form. Unfortunately, she hadn't paid attention to the fact that she had been flying three or four feet above the ground and landed flat on her butt. She smiled ruefully as she recovered from the awkwardness. "Yeah, I'm new, what gave it away? And I think we should work together. We can take down much larger Chimera, and cover a wider area, too."

Danielle dusted herself off. "Mind if I buy you lunch?"

Blair saw the bad landing coming and winced preemptively as the other girl fell, though she seemed to be okay.
"Just a few things..."
She had to cover her mouth to avoid giggling.
The offer to work together came as a shock Blair, few girls were willing to work together, with most alliances falling apart quickly even when they did form, but Danielle's inexperience meant that she probably actually wanted to work together...
"That... Actually seems like a good idea, both the lunch and working together".
Blair grinned as she replied, no way would she pass up free food.

Danielle led Blair down the street to a little restaurant she liked. Ordering a large cheeseburger, the redhead dug in with abandon. She hadn't had much experience with her powers, but one thing she'd noticed was they always left her hungry. "So, Blair, I haven't seen much about you, but our conversation earlier made it clear you had some experience. You're one of those girls who tends to keep to themselves, I take it?"

Blair ordered the same as Danielle, since she didn't really know the menu and assumed it was probably good, when she did get it Blair was pleased to find out that it was, and she too ate quite quickly.
Blair swallowed the mouthful she had take and nodded.
"Yeah, I have been in some big fights and know what i'm doing pretty well... And It's not that I want to keep to myself, it's just that all the girls willing to get along already have their alliances and team ups, and while there are a few other girls here willing to help me out... It reminds us of a different time".

"Yeah. Seems a lot of rivalries have been developing recently." Danielle looked her new acquaintance over. "If you've got some free time tonight, I wouldn't mind meeting up at the park again to practice. I could really use it." She certainly seems to be a better person than most of the magical girls on TV. They're all about their egos and celebrity. Whatever happened to helping people?

"It's not just recently... Too be honest girls have been fighting each other since the start, but now that we are all public about our existence more people take notice".
Blair explained, a little sadly.
"Though I wasn't around at the start".
She then admitted.
"A practice match? I guess that sounds good".
Blair agreed.

"Then it's a date!" Danielle said with a grin. She went and paid for their meal. "I'll see you then!"

That night, Danielle went out to the park. It was completely deserted, so she didn't need to worry about anyone seeing her transform. She looked around, but Blair was nowhere to be seen. "Blair? You out there?"

Blair looked a little surprised at the wording of their meeting but quickly got over it.
"See you then, I'm looking forwards to it!"

In the park Blair arrived first, and had actually fallen asleep, as her name was called a banging sound came from within one of the enclosed slides and a slightly sleepy looking Blair emerged rubbing a spot on her head.

Danielle was surprised to see Blair pop out of the slide, to say the least. "Blair, what on earth are you doing in there? Never mind- you're here, so let's practice."

The redhead drew her sword, but didn't attack with it. Instead, she took a deep breath in, then cried out, "Inferno Breath!" and breathed out a long stream of fire. Probably overdoing for a practice fight, but she didn't really believe in holding back.

Blair yawned and stretched thoroughly before answering.
"I was taking a nap".
The answer came forth as if it was the most normal and obvious thing in the world to sleep in slides.

Blair suddenly went totally serious as the sword was drawn, transforming as she raised her fists, her outfit resembling some sort of light armor.
The stream of fire caught Blair by surprise but she quickly adapted, armor thickening and widening around one fist which she then used to intercept the stream.

"Armor, huh? Not bad at all." Danielle decided not to close on Blair- if she did, she might get punched into low-earth orbit. The fiery girl instead peppered her foe with a barrage of low-grade flames, evidently relying on overwhelming Blair and preventing her from getting into hand-to-hand range.

"That's not all I can do!"
Blair replied, continuing on the defensive as she looked for an opening to break into close range, several blasts hitting her as she struggled to deal with so many.
"Alright... If you won't let up then neither will I!"
She declared, before dashing forwards and making a slashing motion, a sword seeming to appear for just a moment as a wave of force flew towards Danielle.

The blow left Danielle staggered, but she managed to roll with it just enough to stay on her feet. Wow, she's strong! The flaming blade whipped up into a thrust at Blair's shoulder, hoping to catch her before she could set up her defenses. If the other girl could stop the attack, though, Danielle would be open to a bone-crushing counter.