A Grand Tale of Magical Girls

"Hey... It will be fine... I have done this dozens of times..."
Blair declared in an attempt reassure her friend.
"And there is no portal... Just hold for a moment..."
Blair reached out to touch Danny for a moment before the world seemed to shatter around them, reforming into a slightly twisted variant, where gravity and physics seemed less powerful.

Danny felt disoriented as the world warped around her. Everything was... off just enough to throw her out of sync. "Gimme a second, I need to get used to this."

Reactions: Mahou-Shoujo
"Okay... But please try and be fast, the chimera is on it's home turf, and could be planning an attack as we speak, though I doubt it can do much harm after the beating we gave it a minute ago".
Blair replied, she was used to the mirror realm at this point, though even SHE was a little disorientated.

To her credit, Danny got her feet under her quickly. She peered around, trying to spot any signs of the chimera. "I'm not seeing anything suspicious- how about you, Blair?"

"Hmm... Yes, everything here is suspicious, usually these are a little more complex, a chimera usually has something protecting their nests... I think we may have discovered a VERY new chimera".
Blair admitted, and seemed as if she was about to sit down, only to be interrupted by a very noticeable shaking.

"I guess that is strange. We haven't seen anything, but we were only a minute behind it," Danny mused. "Does time pass differently here?"

Just then, the ground started trembling madly. "Is- is this normal?" she asked, a note of panic creeping into her voice.

"No... This place is almost perfectly in sync time wise... This seems odd though... I KNOW I felt the chimera's presence here, I can still feel it, stronger even..."
Blair answered, confused.
"Whaa? This is... Wait... I think... This might be a trap..."
Blair had just enough time to say before before one of the twisted buildings began falling towards them!

Danny managed to spin out of the worst of it, but some of the rubble still knocked her to the ground. She was equal parts pissed off and terrified. "Ya think?!" she asked as she pulled herself off the dirt and conjured fireballs in her hands.

Blair raised her fists slightly, the armor thickening on them as she prepared for a fistfight, though she wasn't sure WHAT she would be fighting exactly, or even if her fists would be able to deal any damage to it.
She quickly got her answer as to what it was though as a chimera burst up from within the rubble, it was surprisingly humanoid in shape, though with a large exaggerated face and overly long, thin limbs, what's more, it seemed to create a field of... Wrongness.
With only a moment to hesitate it lunged towards Danny, arms reaching out to hit her with incredible speed.

Danny couldn't dodge- she never had a chance. The chimera had her in its grasp, and started to crush her. Panicking, the dragon girl conjured her hottest flames, feeling her strength drop at a terrifying rate.

The intense heat of the fire seemed to catch the chimera off guard, and it's dark, shadowy flesh seemed to sizzle and burn as it released her, it would seem that on their home turf chimera were far more corporeal, which could be either good or bad depending on it's abilities.
"This one is fairly new... But it seems strange, humanoid chimera are far from common".
Blair stated as she threw a punch, only for the chimera to dodge away in an almost dance like manner.

(Coulda sworn I posted!)

The good news was that Danny was free of the chimera's clutches. The bad news was that her flames didn't do any lasting damage to the chimera. "And it regenerates, too? This isn't fair!" Rather than waiting for the end, though, the dragon girl tried a new tactic. Bending an Inferno Beam around the chimera, she attempted to trap it, forcing it to take Blair head-on. Hopefully, the other girl could lay a haymaker or something to put the chimera on its backside.

"Of course it regenerates... All chimera heal fast and this is on it's home turf!"
Blair cried out as she threw a barrage of punches, each one missing the target, usually by only a little bit.
"Chimera that are this agile usually aren't very sturdy though! We just need a couple of good hits!"
Blair soon got her opportunity as the chimera was trapped, and she made sure to take advantage of it, a sword appearing in her hand she swung and made contact, the hit sending the chimera flying, as what sounded like screams issued forth from it's grotesque mouth.

"Alright!" Danny pumped her fist at Blair's success, then charged in to deliver her own blows. Fireballs bombarded the chimera, and a fresh chorus of screams commenced. If they could just hit it hard enough to keep it on the ground...

The chimera managed to dodge more than half of the attacks, but it seemed it was getting tired, and several others managed to hit it, causing the beast to finally stop moving and fall to the ground, though it didn't begin to fade away yet, perhaps it was merely stunned.
"What is with this durability? I don't think I could take that many hits and still be alive..."
Blair declared.

"Guess this one stuffed all its stat points in defense!" Danny quipped as she drew her sword and managed to skewer the chimera's leg. It was still thrashing about, but stuck fast to the ground. "Blair! It's taking all my strength just to keep it pinned! You'll have to land the kill shot!"

"Hahh... I feel like it's level is way too high for it's size!"
Blair declared in answer as Danny pinned the chimera, smoke billowing from the wound rather than the usual dark blood.
Blair ran part way up one of the warped, slanted buildings and jumped off, attempting to kick the chimera, however as she made contact it seemed to melt away, a smaller version jumping from it's body and seeming to sink through the ground.
"D..dammit! I think it went to a deeper area".

Danny started to tremble- if this thing was already strong enough here, and could go to a place where it would get even stronger, what on earth was waiting for them? "Uh, Blair? What exactly do you mean by 'deeper'?"

Blair shook her head as she looked at the place where the chimera had stood, she seemed a little confused.
"That thing is a lost cause... I should have known it was out of out league..."
She mumbled before finally deciding to answer.
"The mirror world has multiple levels, but... I wouldn't risk trying to get past this one, leave that craziness to the dreamers".

"Dammit. At the very least, we should report this one to the DMA, make sure they know about it. We hurt it, though- it gives them a little time to deal with the problem." Danny shook her head. "Alright, Blair. Let's go home."