A Grand Tale of Magical Girls

"No... I am aware of the services they give, besides, we mostly came here for you anyway".
She replied.

Danny smiled. "Then I guess we'll be going. It was a pleasure to meet you." As she turned to leave she remarked to Blair, "You made it sound like getting a tooth pulled! It was as easy as any other meeting."

Reactions: Mahou-Shoujo
Blair seemed a little embarrassed by her over reaction and blushed pink.
"Well... I just only really had experience with other organisations... And was worried they might assign me a guardian".

"I'm surprised they didn't give me one. I mean, I'm a newbie and all." Danny flipped her hair back casually. "Alright, now that that's done, anything else you need to do while we're out, or should we just head for home?"

"Yes, though you have a family, so they wouldn't need to, besides, there aren't a huge amount of people willing to look after people like us".
Blair told her as they left before suddenly seeming to perk up.
"I can feel one of them... A chimera, and it's somewhere in my turf..."

Danny seemed to come alive as well. She wasn't used to sensing chimera, though, so she had to rely on her friend's skills. "Anything else you can tell me? How big is it, where exactly in your territory?"

"Hmm... My territory isn't far from here actually... And I can't tell you much about it at this distance... But it is easily within our power level... Come on!"
She demanded, starting to run through the streets, likely in the direction of the chimera.

A shouted cry, a roar of flame, and Danny stood transformed. She took off and flew a little ahead of Blair, trying to do some aerial scouting. A screeching sound tore at her ears, chilling her blood. "Uh, Blair? Are you sure this thing's weak enough for us?"

Blair hadn't even transformed yet, seeming to intend to keep from doing so until the last minute, a common theme for her though whether it was for the impact of it some other reason was anyone's guess, either way she was pretty fast on her feet and easily navigated the roads, quickly arriving at the scene as the enemy came into view.
It was a freakish creature, it seemed to have the head of a bird, with it's torso being mangled wings that seemed to be attached to arms, the beast crawled around unsteadily on four thin legs and seemed surprisingly agile.
"It doesn't look like there are any victims yet..."
Blair commented as she quietly transformed, as usual seeming to lack much of the pomp and flashiness of most.

"Let's hope it stays that way!" Danny yelled, as she unleashed a Flame Cannon that forced the creature back. "Damn, but you are one ugly sonofagun!"

"This is a fairly low class chimera... It shouldn't take too much to beat it back fortunately..."
Blair stated as she dashed forwards, taking advantage of the flame cannon to follow up with a heavy punch to one of the creature's sides, flesh crumpling in for a moment before it was sent reeling into a wall.

Danny watched Blair whale on the chimera with no small bit of admiration. How she wished she had the strength to flatten monsters with a single punch! Not that she had any reason to complain about her own powerset- a fireball put the chimera on the deck, with Blair standing over it. 'It's weak, Blair- finish it off!"

In reality Blair was struggling, sure she could hit really hard, but her lower than usual defenses meant that she had to focus heavily on avoiding any hits, at least she was fairly agile as well as strong! Though sometimes she wished she had a few more magical looking abilities, or at least, ones she could actually use safely.
Blair snapped out of her thoughts at Danny's shouting and prepared a finishing strike, the armor around her first thickening and starting to glow... But just as she threw it the chimera seemed to vanish in a pulse of dark light, knocking Blair on her ass.

Teleporting?? It wasn't completely unheard of among chimera, but it was rather rare, and usually tended to indicate a higher level of strength than normal. Had they gotten lucky with a dangerous monster?

Danny raced to Blair's side to help her up, keeping her eyes about her. "You see anything, or did it bolt?"

Blair took the assistance and wobbled to her feet, she wasn't really injured, a little embarrassed and had some dubious fluid on her ass that seemed to have come from the chimera.
"I didn't quite feel it... But I FELT it! I doubt a second gen could feel it but my DNA is technically second gen..."
Blair started to explain as she looked around the alley.
"What have you managed to figure out about the mirror realm?"

Danny helped Blair brush some of the whatever-it-was from her backside. "I don't know much," she admitted. "Isn't it something like a spirit world?"

Blair seemed to almost blush at the brushing, and waved away Danny's attempts to help her clean off.
"I.. I can clean myself you know.... You don't need to touch me".
She stated before shaking her head.
"Sort of, it is where the Chimera come from, as well as technically the source of our powers, if the chimera has fled there, we will need to follow and finish it off".

"Okay, I want to make sure I'm getting this straight. We'll be stronger in the Mirror Realm, because that's where our powers come from... but the Chimera will be stronger, too." Danny raised an eyebrow. "I'm not sure this is such a good idea, Blair. Maybe we should count our blessings and bail."

"Essentially we will be just a tiny bit stronger, witch type girls are stronger there but we are technically armored type, the chimera WILL be stronger, but it wasn't too bad to begin with anyway".
Blair pointed out, trying to dispel any concerns, she needed another shard, she couldn't keep giving them away.
"If we bail it will simply come back out somewhere else, we need to stop it before it manages to get some kills".

"I suppose," Danny groaned, but it was clear she wasn't her normal, confident self. "Alright, you open the portal, then. Anything I should know to expect?"